AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-27, 23:37   Link #20481
delita-umw-
Wild Speculator

Fair enough. My criticisms rely on that scene and I assumed that those scenes were probably true, given the furniture scene was also shown with this, but I'll admit there's no way to show that they are.
Old 2010-12-27, 23:40   Link #20482
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by delita-umw- View Post
Fair enough. My criticisms rely on that scene and I assumed that those scenes were probably true, given the furniture scene was also shown with this, but I'll admit there's no way to show that they are.
Your criticisms are relying on something incredibly ambiguous and out of context. As was already mentioned, there is more than one way to interpret that scene.
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 02:01   Link #20483
Dr. Casey

Indeed... but then, Umineko's writing is very layered. I honestly think there's multiple ways to interpret not just every scene, but every single line of dialogue in the series.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 02:01   Link #20484
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Is there anything that calls into question Kinzo's story besides the red guts scene, which is very questionable in it's trustworthiness?
I would say that scene calls into question Kinzo's motives, but may not actually call into question the mechanics of what happened on Rokkenjima during the war...

i.e. we now have a story where he was the dashing hero and honest man... and a hint that he may have been a master manipulator or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by delita-umw- View Post
@Kylon
Is it true that during the Battler/Ange scene, Ange references someone talking about TV news claiming Kyrie had gangster relations? Cause if so, your thought process makes even more sense. Man, I feel like I should have dedicated more time to studying Japanese, so hard to keep up with you guys =P
[Responding from several pages back. Man you guys are going fast today. ]
No, it wasn't there. It's from Kyrie's TIPS, where it said, "She has served as Rudolf's right hand in several shady pieces of business, guiding them to success."

The original Japanese says: "留弗夫が手掛ける胡散臭い仕事の数々で右腕を務め、成功に導いてきた。"

Which could also meant that she did very shady things to make their business succeed. This TIPS for Kyrie has been there since EP1. No other sibling has something negative like this, except for Rosa who was said to have a company that wasn't doing very well.

So, it doesn't necessarily have any 'gang' connections per se; but I bet people in Rokkenjima Prime could've researched into what Kyrie did and found her suspicious. Whether that was actually true or not.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 02:30   Link #20485
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Is there anything that calls into question Kinzo's story besides the red guts scene, which is very questionable in it's trustworthiness?
Only one thing. And sadly I only know of this one line because I'm the George guy.

Episode 4: Gaap says "Goldsmith" chose the third choice in his trial.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 02:40   Link #20486
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Only one thing. And sadly I only know of this one line because I'm the George guy.

Episode 4: Gaap says "Goldsmith" chose the third choice in his trial.
Huh, that's true. But then again, I don't think that was referring to the garrison, but more like the actual setup of the dead man's switch. Sacrificing his family, and such.
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 02:58   Link #20487
Mirrored

Umineko 8 comes out in 3 days.

So, I'd like to say this.

Lay it out. Your answer, right now, to the best of your ability, to this story. What happened that October? Explain all the games as best as you can.

I laid out my answer:

The family has money problems and will kill each other when given the opportunity. Yasu and Jessica have arranged things so that a tragedy will occur and went through great effort to do so, they are the culprits. But, Episode 7 points out that it's not even necessary, this family would have done it even without that. So even without a single person or two people to blame, they would have killed anyways.

So, what's the truth you guys have found?

You won't ever get to do this again. No one after you will be able to do this again. We have the rare opportunity here to give our answer before we get one. So, I'd like to see what people come up with.
Mirrored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 03:02   Link #20488
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well I believe I explained my theories many times in this forum but I guess it doesn't hurt to put them all together.
So here they are:

Spoiler for Huge block of theories:

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 03:13   Link #20489
Judoh
Mystery buff

Will laid most of everything out for me. There are some twilights in episodes 3 and 4 that I could change. But otherwise most of what I thought about the murders was the same.
Old 2010-12-28, 03:18   Link #20490
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrored View Post
So, what's the truth you guys have found?
'Yasu is the culprit'.

Seriously though, I'm still pulling for George and Jessica as primary culprits, ruining Yasu's game, although they probably aren't working together.

Also, Ep8 will primarily be about Battler, and Asumu and Hachijou are the same person. Calling it.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 03:26   Link #20491
Judoh
Mystery buff

Asumu won't ever get her own sprite. calling it.

Will and Lion aren't done yet. calling it.
Old 2010-12-28, 03:28   Link #20492
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well Will and Lion appear on the cover, that's quite a safe bet, I'll call that too.

Old 2010-12-28, 03:34   Link #20493
delita-umw-
Wild Speculator

Pulling for evil fatman George to be the trigger, if not the real culprit, for everything going wrong on Rokkenjima.
Old 2010-12-28, 03:36   Link #20494
Judoh
Mystery buff

Of course I call that too. But I do beleive he intended to be such a trigger.
Old 2010-12-28, 03:41   Link #20495
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Ah then since everyone believe George is the culprit I'll call the "George is not the culprit". Of course by that I mean that he doesn't actually kill anyone, but it will still be revealed that he's an ass.

Old 2010-12-28, 03:48   Link #20496
delita-umw-
Wild Speculator

I'll be ambiguous and also say...SMALL BOMBS CALLING IT!
Old 2010-12-28, 03:52   Link #20497
Sherringford

This solution...I'll admit I'm being a bit biased here. But here it goes.

Spoiler for Golden Age:
Sherringford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 04:01   Link #20498
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

Kumasawa is clearly the culprit... you can't trust that crazy mackerel woman. And Yasu would totally take the blame for her murdering everyone. She's just a really good actress pretending to be shocked and scared!
Old 2010-12-28, 04:33   Link #20499
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Still pushing for George culprit, because it is so elegant in its inelegance.

(also we need justification for his numerous hypothetical death threats to his family and the world, should they get in his way of Shannon)
Arachanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 04:42   Link #20500
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I've been leaning towards George ever since Ep5 started, though I've had my suspicions since Ep3. As of Ep7, I'm leaning towards at least two masterminds,and for me that would be Yasu+George.

I'm still however hanging on to the belief that the masterminds aren't necessarily the actual murderers, rather as masterminds control the situation in such a way that other people end up killing.

So with three days left, calling it now.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote