AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Old 2012-06-14, 11:08   Link #201
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Oh well. Now that he's out of the picture, at least we still have Carnelian, Bou, Makishima Azusa, Himukai Kyousuke, and Sayori to count on. I find them more preferable than Miyata Sou anyway.
And to think that one studio holds both of my favorite artists XD, Carnelian and Sayori, personally i think that that Sayori is pretty awesome as well.
Old 2012-06-14, 11:14   Link #202
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Oh, and his Yui is just gorgeous, and unbelievably bewitching especially with that smile. Hmmm, yeah. They should bring him back. I want more of his Yui.
His Tarisa is pretty cute too...(seriously, that girl is Nepali?!)

The entire TE story feels just like Yukikaze...except with mecha instead of planes...
Old 2012-06-14, 20:31   Link #203
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I removed the above posts. Remember that:

1. You are not allowed to spoil plot details about this anime in this thread based on your knowledge of the original works (and other works in this franchise/series). Such discussion has to go in a thread for the source material.

2. If you are going to compare this anime to other anime (which again, is hard to do give this anime hasn't aired yet), you have to use spoiler tags to clearly identify the show that is being compared to. You should not just assume that everyone else should have seen the same anime you have.
Old 2012-06-15, 00:09   Link #204
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Here's an interview with Kouki about his role for the upcoming anime.

http://type94.wordpress.com/2012/06/...uki-yoshimune/

"Muv-Luv is all about the Takemikazuchi"

lol. Well, the unit is rather iconic for the series. Not to mention, it's always the first one for every kits or other figures like A3, TMC, and Revoltech.

At least now we know the real reason why one was shown in the pv.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 00:30   Link #205
liemtodaisu

Yeah, If you look carefully in the background of Muv-luv Extra, you're gonna see a Takemikazuchi lol
Spoiler for :
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 09:10   Link #206
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Here's an interview with Kouki about his role for the upcoming anime.

http://type94.wordpress.com/2012/06/...uki-yoshimune/

"Muv-Luv is all about the Takemikazuchi"

lol. Well, the unit is rather iconic for the series. Not to mention, it's always the first one for every kits or other figures like A3, TMC, and Revoltech.

At least now we know the real reason why one was shown in the pv.
What...no love for good old Shiranui? Or Su-37 Terminator?
Old 2012-06-15, 09:23   Link #207
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by liemtodaisu View Post
Yeah, If you look carefully in the background of Muv-luv Extra, you're gonna see a Takemikazuchi lol
Spoiler for :
As Takeru often said to his Alternative compatriots...

Maji!?

Damn my Extra comes up with the Unlimited background. Although I'm pretty sure there is a Takemikazuchi there normally?

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 13:24   Link #208
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
What...no love for good old Shiranui? Or Su-37 Terminator?
Nah, I believe it gets plenty of love too from others. I'm definitely one of them that's for sure. I want to elaborate why, but it's against the rules to mention such things. XD

I'm guessing the Takemikazuchi takes the first place for most fans, that's all.

The Type-97 doesn't looks too bad either. I really like the lower extremities for that unit.

Here's a sample image from the official website of the anime.

Images
Type-97 Fubuki

and here's the others:

Images
Type-94 Shiranui

Images
XFJ-01a Shiranui Nigata

Images
Type-00F Takemikazuchi

Images
Su-37UB Terminator

Images
F-15ACTV Active Eagle

Images
F-15 Strike Eagle

I like how there are dents on the units themselves. The amount of detail is rather pleasing to the eyes if I say so myself.

Times like this makes me wish that the Kimi ga Nozomu Eien subforum is changed to Age series. That way we can have a dedicated thread just for the discussion of TSFs without reservation. Plus, I'm pretty sure the newcomers will most likely bring up a lot of questions regarding the ML world and technologies.
Old 2012-06-15, 17:12   Link #209
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
The Raptor is my favourite but I do love how the armour of the SU-37 and Type-00F are weapons in themselves.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 17:17   Link #210
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Personally i loved and favored the Takemikazuchi from the first time i saw it, so because of that as the vn progressed it only grew on me more .
Old 2012-06-15, 17:23   Link #211
OPN

Is it possible for those who have not played the original VN or know nothing about the story of muv love and still be able to enjoy alternative?
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 17:38   Link #212
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Is it possible for those who have not played the original VN or know nothing about the story of muv love and still be able to enjoy alternative?
Uh... What? Are you talking about whether its possible to skip Muv-Luv (Extra/Unlimited) and enjoy Alternative by itself? Then no.

However, if you meant not being familiar with the main trilogy (Extra, Unlimited, and Alternative), and want to know if it's possible to enjoy Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, then it should be possible. Kouki himself confirmed that they plan to make the anime friendly to the newcomers as well. However, you won't get the most satisfying experience considering that the staff plans to make references here and there regarding the main trilogy. They're fans too of the franchise so I'm not surprised. So technically, you won't get to scream out of delight as much as the VN readers when such scenes shows up.

Heck, I don't know about the others, but I squealed like a little girl when I saw the Takemikazuchi and the violet-haired girl in the pv. Mind you, I was horrified by the latter, but I can get used to the "new" design... I think.

You have two weeks or so. If you have the time, I think you should read the novels first before jumping in to Total Eclipse. Just my two cents.
Old 2012-06-15, 17:43   Link #213
OPN

Quote:
Uh... What? Are you talking about whether its possible to skip Muv-Luv (Extra/Unlimited) and enjoy Alternative by itself? Then no.

However, if you meant not being familiar with the main trilogy (Extra, Unlimited, and Alternative), and want to know if it's possible to enjoy Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, then it should be possible. Kouki himself confirmed that they plan to make the anime friendly to the newcomers as well. However, you won't get the most satisfying experience considering that the staff plans to make references here and there regarding the main trilogy. So technically, you won't get to scream out of delight as much as the VN readers.

You have two weeks or so. If you have the time, I think you should read the novels first before jumping in to Total Eclipse. Just my two cents.
Sorry if i wasn't clear enough i meant if i could still enjoy total eclipse without having any knowledge about muv love. And thanks i'll consider playing the VN.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 20:21   Link #214
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Sorry if i wasn't clear enough i meant if i could still enjoy total eclipse without having any knowledge about muv love. And thanks i'll consider playing the VN.
It stands well enough alone as an SF action story.

It's like uh....Baldr Force to Baldr Sky I suppose; to use another similar eroge comparison

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-06-16 at 10:35.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-15, 22:41   Link #215
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Times like this makes me wish that the Kimi ga Nozomu Eien subforum is changed to Age series.:
There's already an inconsistency with the Muv-Luv General Thread being stuck in that subforum, so that's a good excuse to rename that subforum and move this thread there. We should contact a mod.

Quote:
and the violet-haired girl in the pv. Mind you, I was horrified by the latter, but I can get used to the "new" design... I think.
Oh wow, same here. Her new look completely lacks the elegance and radiant beauty from Bou's art.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 02:29   Link #216
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

It turns out that the BGM playing in the pv was none other than the instrumental version of the ed theme by Minami Kuribayashi.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18167935

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-06-23 at 02:41.
Old 2012-06-23, 02:44   Link #217
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

not really bad, but they seem to be recycling the backgrounds from aquarion evol.
Old 2012-06-23, 03:18   Link #218
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Excellent! Its been a long time since there was a new Minami Kuribayashi Muv Luv song. If only Jam Project was the OP...

1 more week!

BTW anyone now what they are streaming here in this link? http://live.nicovideo.jp/gate/lv97265609
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 03:37   Link #219
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

^ Seems like they will have a special program regarding the fascinating world of ML for those who are not familiar with the series. They will broadcast it on June 24 at 9:30-10:30 pm.

It's also posted in their site: http://muv-luv-te-anime.com/news.html

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-06-23 at 03:49.
Old 2012-06-23, 03:46   Link #220
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Ah ok. Guess we can catch it tom night then if needed.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, aliens, mecha, romance, science fiction, seinen