AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-03-01, 10:29   Link #24421
Eratas123

Do you have to take everything literally? I'm making comparisons, not saying Tatenashi's an old man or Houki's a bodybuilder. houki has the potential to be strongr, but Tatenashi's trained more.
Old 2012-03-01, 10:32   Link #24422
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Actually, that's how I would portray her in Sacred Twins...

Basically, her only weakness in combat is overwhelming brute force, something even her superior technique can't solve. Three grand example: Squall, Ichika Engagement Form, Golem III
Old 2012-03-01, 10:34   Link #24423
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Not literally no. But a better comparison could be made. Trained professional with an M1911A1 vs a guerilla with an AK-47 is a closer match for me.

Houki isn't completely reliant on her IS for combat ability. Apparently her skills in kendo translate well enough into IS piloting @_@, she's jsut bites on the technical IS skills.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 10:34   Link #24424
Eratas123

Everybody took the awesome jusice in your fic, so it's not like she's the only badass

Side note - Is making a character who's a normal so hard? Every OC has to be some kind of badass or super soldier?

@ Demi - Well I'm sorry for making a different comparison Her combat skills are good, but her piloting is subpar. A soldier can be an awesome fighter, but don't expect him to suddenly know how to pilot a jet (I know you're gonna get on my case with this example again)
Old 2012-03-01, 10:41   Link #24425
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well, just to say. I think the real sue in IS is Houki. The only thing holding her back is the fact she can't make full use of the IS capabilities. The IS is already drawing out her skills as a swordswoman. She's half-complete.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 10:43   Link #24426
Eratas123

Is it any surprise? it was obvious Ichika would end up with her, so she gets an edge. Notice Rin and Cecilia are stomped because they have no chance with Ichika.
Old 2012-03-01, 10:45   Link #24427
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
Yes, that. It's somewhat shocking she took a full blast of Ichika's punch and only suffer slight sore back. (a punch that could easily broke normal teenager's jaw and sending them fly)

The explanation is that she use the spiring motion using her arm to absorb most of the impact from the punch, and then receive the impact form the wall crash by using her entire body, minimizing the damage. As Houki said, basic of the basic, but to a professional, it can be extremely potent.

@ Demi
That's why I made Houki still sub-par in terms of Sync level, basically, her combat skill DOES NOT translate well to her piloting skill due to this (Mainly slower response). She also has a different ranged weapon than canon, not to much of an asspull either.
Old 2012-03-01, 10:50   Link #24428
Eratas123

The hell? Does she have some kind of iron body or something?
Old 2012-03-01, 10:56   Link #24429
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nope, as I said, she's using special technique to practically nullify the damage. A punch is devastating because you put huge kinetic power in a small area in front of your fist, Tatenashi use her arm in a way it act as both cushion and suspension.

And even then it's not enough to keep her from flying, realizing she cannot brace, she use her back, legs and arm to receive the subsequent impact with the wall, again minimized the damage as she absorbed the same amount of power form the punch... with almost entire body surface except head.

So, not so much made of Iron as she can use her otherwise normal body to a great efficiency. Now that's true badass normal to the core
Old 2012-03-01, 11:00   Link #24430
Eratas123

Doesn't everybody in IS technically count as a badass abnormal? They yse WMD's on a daily basis.
Old 2012-03-01, 11:08   Link #24431
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, I was talking about outside of I.S. and the comparison pool is strictly between the personal I.S. owner.

In terms of raw strength and reflex, Ichika is damn near unbeatable, but everyone with sufficient level of martial art skill can beat him. And thus, in terms of pure brawl, Ichika was the one who is "Unskilled but Strong".

Laura of all people was the first one to realize this, considering how easy she subdue him, and yet he mowing through delinquents easily.

Going to sleep.
Old 2012-03-01, 11:13   Link #24432
Eratas123

I'm suprised they're so strong. They look pretty damn thin for people so strong.
Old 2012-03-01, 11:16   Link #24433
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I guess that's mostly exaggeration and shounen influence, I might have to tone it down later.... per rule of drama, and maybe made it somewhat more realistic (ignoring the unrealistic part of the existence of I.S. themselves). But basically that's the guidelines form my concept so far.

*Yawns* -_-
Old 2012-03-01, 11:59   Link #24434
Eratas123

So will you change the robbery scene in V4?
Old 2012-03-01, 19:07   Link #24435
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yes, I will, Laura was there after all, and Charles is no slouch either.

Besides, there's only two enemies, while exaggerated in the novel, such feat is possible.
Old 2012-03-01, 19:24   Link #24436
Eratas123

Change it how?
Old 2012-03-01, 19:29   Link #24437
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

First, it's a date, second, different scenario and different crime, I think.

I was thinking of swapping golem attack in V7 and PT attack in V6, so the build up is more noticeable. Also, I want to introduce Kanzashi earlier, if I can, in V5 arc, otherwise, in V6 instead.
Old 2012-03-01, 19:31   Link #24438
Eratas123

Date? So no awkwardness of getting Laura to try clothes on?
Old 2012-03-01, 19:37   Link #24439
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You haven't heard anything "Make me real woman" indeed, and she is referring to actual statement being considered childish in appearance. (granted, Laura's POV in sexual matter is either skewed or totally blank, but still)

SO, V4 would be composed mostly on fillers (= a giant worldbuilding instead of romance/fighting plot), and once again, I'm still considering "What if" Kanzashi was introduced earlier and putting as many possible changes as I can. In that regard, I'll once again need the help of everyone here :3
Old 2012-03-01, 19:39   Link #24440
Eratas123

How will you change the entirety of V4?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest