AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 16 18.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 27.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 35.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 15.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-11, 19:13   Link #201
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I don't know if the test-tube ones are hungry, only VVV-tan has said something about her hunger. Takumi-sensei was wondering why the test tube one wasn't moving even though it was numbered? I hope they explain that a little more. Takumi-sensei is pretty confusing in what he does and doesn't know. When he first sees the things up close his inner monologue informs us that he really doesn't know all that much about the VVVs themselves despite being in on the project. He states that he doesn't know where the tech originally came from and wonders how Tokishima sensei came across it. He then begins to study them to find out how they work. I'm guessing perhaps at this point he has now caught up on the information or something since he is asking why test tube one isn't moving (on its own?) and perhaps they'll explain what being "numbered" has to do with anything?

Was test-tube one not per say an "unfinished" one, but is actually perhaps the original one? Maybe it was the one that JIOR found and on which all the other Valvraves were modeled?

As to whether or not Haruto could starve to death or not, it would depend on whether he requires sustenance in any form (food, water, blood, etc.) and if he doesn't get it, would his now immortal body be able to continue to repair and sustain his body without it? We'll have to have some more information to see the extent of Haruto and the other pilots' immortality. Is it the ultimate immortality (no amount of physical damage or age will hurt them and they will live forever?) or is there a limit to how much physical damage they can take?
To me it seems like Takumi might have been in a different division of this project. Maybe he was actually in charge of developing the students? I got the impression that he's aware of the Valvraves but he's developing his knowledge of the project because everyone else is gone. He's having to figure out all the things he didn't know now.

I do think that JIOR is using technology that isn't theirs. I think that the Valvraves stem from something that's been around a very long time. Maybe it'll even be linked to vampires throughout all of history?

It seems clear that the Valvraves need that vampirism action. They gain some sustenance from the body switching or maybe just simple bloodsucking. My running theory is that body switching isn't enough. He's continued to have attacks even though he has body switched recently with L-Elf. It seems to me that he has to do something more, possibly killing someone. My running theory is that either he'll kill someone important, or die himself, and cause the future we saw a glimpse of.
Old 2013-06-11, 22:49   Link #202
VTHokiePride

I think eventually, the vampire part of the pilots is going to take over them. However, we've only seen Haruto lose control and not the others. I'm curious about the other Valvrave unit and Colonel Cain's involvement.
Old 2013-06-12, 00:01   Link #203
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
It seems clear that the Valvraves need that vampirism action. They gain some sustenance from the body switching or maybe just simple bloodsucking. My running theory is that body switching isn't enough. He's continued to have attacks even though he has body switched recently with L-Elf. It seems to me that he has to do something more, possibly killing someone. My running theory is that either he'll kill someone important, or die himself, and cause the future we saw a glimpse of.
Maybe he has to bite someone while in his "feral", vampiric state? He actually hasn't done that since he switched the first time with L-11. And since he's been going into that state more and more it's possible that him being that way when he bites someone is necessary, at least to get sustenance to please VVV-tan.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-12, 00:32   Link #204
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I think eventually, the vampire part of the pilots is going to take over them. However, we've only seen Haruto lose control and not the others. I'm curious about the other Valvrave unit and Colonel Cain's involvement.
I'm beginning to think that Haruto's Valvrave is special. All of the other Valvraves seem to have this huge fear of overheating, but with Haruto it's the opposite. He overheats, and then he becomes even stronger. Maybe they each have a special overheat ability and they're just really worried about the inconvenience of its activation leaving them wide open, but I don't know... I kind of want Haruto's Valvrave to be "the original" or "the best" in some way. Also, none of the other pilots have been needing to feed yet either. Even the girl who, at this point, should have needed to do so because she hasn't been shown body switching for quite some time. Maybe there's a tie-in to special overheat abilities and feeding?

I also want to see him actually feed on someone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Maybe he has to bite someone while in his "feral", vampiric state? He actually hasn't done that since he switched the first time with L-11. And since he's been going into that state more and more it's possible that him being that way when he bites someone is necessary, at least to get sustenance to please VVV-tan.
When Aina died he switched with L-Elf. That's why I think that it may not be enough, because that was somewhat recently, and L-Elf describes the attacks as being more frequent. Though I guess it could be because of micro timeskips and I'm completely wrong. I feel like that would be too easy though, in any case.
Old 2013-06-12, 15:45   Link #205
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post

When Aina died he switched with L-Elf. That's why I think that it may not be enough, because that was somewhat recently, and L-Elf describes the attacks as being more frequent. Though I guess it could be because of micro timeskips and I'm completely wrong. I feel like that would be too easy though, in any case.
No, I mean maybe when he switches bodies, he has to be in his vampiric mode for it to count (purple Vs, fangs, strange eyes, etc.) as "feeding"? Every other time he has switched, including the time he switched with L-11 when Aina died, he was simply his normal self biting someone. So far he has only bit someone once while in his vampire state and that was back in the first episode.

He's going into that state for a reason, so it's quite possible that he is required to go into that state to "feed". Perhaps he transmits something via his fangs, or something?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-14, 20:32   Link #206
GundamZZ
残念美人

The overall impression of this episode is emphasizing the loss of a student. Then, the pilots sign up for the sentai team.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-06-22, 13:56   Link #207
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

It's been about like three weeks in a row that I haven't commented on the episodes, and I've been lagging behind for two weeks.

As far as I can tell, L-Elf is unearthing the jigsaw pieces about the Valvraves in correlation to the Academy.
Spoiler:

Second, whatever truth about the Valvrave is starting to be shed onto the light, then Cain as well knows it. I mean why he's becoming reserved and reclusive against his own tripulation about the matter. I might be wrong, but his second-in-command is doubting him for a while.

Finally, the Valvrave's A.I. is beginning to give me the creeps, and I cannot prevent myself from growing more concerned about Haruto's increasing symptoms. Besides, the current ending features a last shot of the Valvrave's supposedly A.I. turning her back against a mysterious shadow.
That's a gloomy hint about ominous things to come forward.
Closed Thread