AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-01-23, 06:37   Link #1981
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I know the feeling Starburst. Yet that looks like a nice figure. I had to see the reference image first before I realized it was a strawberry in her mouth.

I've got the Girl M figure from that set on order and I'm still pondering where I could place it... inconspicuously.

Still they look like really well done figures in the previews, I hope the final product lives up to them.

EDIT: Well since I've already got Saber Lily ~ Distant Avalon ~ and recently pre-order Saber ~ Triumphant Excalibur ~ I bit the bullet and placed a pre-order through a proxy service for Saber Lily ~ Golden Caliburn ~

The three will look nice together I reckon.

Also, anyone know where I'd be able to find one of those Fate/Tiger Colosseum Nedroid's of Saber in the lion suit? Ebay didn't find any.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."

Last edited by grylsyjaeger; 2010-01-24 at 00:49.
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 04:30   Link #1982
Seitsuki
Onee!

Everywhere seems to be sold out.
If you're willing to pay a premium, use a service such as From Japan to bid on one of these from Yahoo auctions.
once again, be prepared to pay a bit extra then if you brought it when it was out.. (stupid Touhou ;_; *forks out another 10k円* go to hell.. *pays up more...* oh, but how I still love you..)

Last edited by Seitsuki; 2010-01-25 at 03:44.
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 23:28   Link #1983
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataliya View Post
Can offer Fumie (an eroge character) by Orchid Seed instead:

Delicate girl with long flowing hair, flowing white gown, big boots and big guns... awesome! I'm envious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv23 View Post
On "impulse" I bought two older figures I've been eying for quite some time... Shiki. Way too lazy to take pictures so I'll just post the production shots.
I have the one of Shiki. Very nice figure and I did take the time to get a picture of her.

BTW... Mecha_Trueno, I love your sig. Mikuru is one of my favorites.

Old 2010-01-27, 04:32   Link #1984
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
My Yoko finally arrived after nearly eight months of waiting.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 20:43   Link #1985
Xion Valkyrie

Yeah, I got my Black * Rock Shooter figurine. I do need to cut back though, since I've probably spent enough money to buy a new computer by now...
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 22:26   Link #1986
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
...since I've probably spent enough money to buy a new computer by now...
Yeah, the dilemma of figure collectors everywhere.

I think the depiction of the otaku mindset in Welcome to the NHK says it all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrHcMCkbr7Y
Old 2010-01-28, 02:19   Link #1987
Seitsuki
Onee!

Sure, you might have a new computer. But then you wouldn't have your companions would you? Wouldn't be able to brush their smooth PVC hair, have cherished one sided conversations or whisper sweet nothings to them when you take them to bed. Isn't that so much more satisfying than a computer? ♥
Old 2010-01-28, 18:33   Link #1988
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
Sure, you might have a new computer. But then you wouldn't have your companions would you? Wouldn't be able to brush their smooth PVC hair, have cherished one sided conversations or whisper sweet nothings to them when you take them to bed. Isn't that so much more satisfying than a computer? ♥
LOL...

The only time I've ever brushed any of my "companions" is to remove dust. I've never whispered sweet nothings to them, but, being one who chooses to live alone, I will admit to occasionally coming home, walking in the door, looking across the room to some of my little ladies and saying, "Tadaima."
Old 2010-01-28, 19:44   Link #1989
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
You know, I actually leave them in their boxes. Don't have a glass cabinet, so they'll only get dusty if I leave them out.
Old 2010-01-28, 20:02   Link #1990
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
You know, I actually leave them in their boxes. Don't have a glass cabinet, so they'll only get dusty if I leave them out.
I hate dust. I mean... I really, really hate dust. I curse everything in the world because of dust. I don't have glass cabinets either, but I consider my figures to be works of art that I want to enjoy, so I've learned to accept the fact that I simply need to brush them off every few weeks. It has almost become a kind of ritual.
Old 2010-01-28, 20:06   Link #1991
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yes dust is definitely annoying, it gets to my figures even when they are in glass cabinets.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 23:53   Link #1992
Seitsuki
Onee!

Wow, you guys are dedicated xD
While my Haruhi nendos are still in their boxes (and wrapped in plastic and stuck somewhere dark and cool) the rest (one..) I have out. Since it's right on top of my desk in open space and not placed in a recess or egde of the room, I find that it doesn't collect dust quite as fast
Old 2010-01-28, 23:57   Link #1993
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I hate dust. I mean... I really, really hate dust. I curse everything in the world because of dust. I don't have glass cabinets either, but I consider my figures to be works of art that I want to enjoy, so I've learned to accept the fact that I simply need to brush them off every few weeks. It has almost become a kind of ritual.
Yeah, dust is very annoying...

Btw, what kind of cleaning do you guys do for your figure?
Simply use cloth of wipe them?
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 02:01   Link #1994
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Yeah, dust is very annoying...

Btw, what kind of cleaning do you guys do for your figure?
Simply use cloth of wipe them?
I just use a small, round, soft art brush. If it looks like the dust buildup is sticking to any surfaces, then I'll dip the brush in plain water and gently wash the figure and then just let it air dry.
Old 2010-01-29, 02:42   Link #1995
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
You can run bishoujo games on a computer.

And the whole idea of taking figured to bed reminds me of a conversation I had with a girl a few weeks back about how a friend of mine got in trouble with his girlfriend for looking at the hentai bedsheets one booth was selling at a con. I basically said I thought it was unfair because while I wouldn't buy such a thing since I live at home, it's the kind of stuff fanboys are basically compelled to look at.

She then proceeded to ask me if I'd ever *use* such bedsheets if I had them. For some odd reason, she refused to define "use" when I asked her what she meant, and the conversation died soon after.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 02:56   Link #1996
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I just use a small, round, soft art brush. If it looks like the dust buildup is sticking to any surfaces, then I'll dip the brush in plain water and gently wash the figure and then just let it air dry.
Hmm...
I've read that using mild soap is effective too...
But i'm too afraid to try it... Afraid that will damage the paint...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 16:55   Link #1997
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
You can run bishoujo games on a computer.
LOL... and if you play ones that are voiced, you actually get to hear the girls talking to you. If the day comes when I hear any of my figures talk to me, I can assure you, I will check myself into a psych ward to begin my recovery from figure addiction.

Quote:
Hmm...
I've read that using mild soap is effective too...
But i'm too afraid to try it... Afraid that will damage the paint...
I've only used soap one time. It was on my Belldandy figure. I had been brushing the dust off of her, as usual, but one day I noticed that the area where the collar of her dress came together on her chest had accumulated some dust that I had missed. Only thing was, the dust had become "dirt" and wasn't coming off with the brush I normally used.

So, I put a very small drop of dish washing liquid into a bowl of water... just enough to make the water soapy without making it too sudsy. I then used a different art brush, a flat one with shorter bristles, dipped it in the soapy water, and carefully worked the tip against that area. When the dirt was gone, I used plain water and the soft, round brush to rinse it.

That probably sounds like a lot of trouble, but as I said, I see my figures as works of art and I actually enjoy taking care of them. It's my hobby, after all.

Oops... I think I just confessed to being guilty of gently caressing Belldandy's boobies.

Well, no harm done, she's still her delightfully happy self.

She's one of my oldest figures and has been standing there on my end table for over two years. I have a spare room where most of my figures stay (there's less dust in there ). I rotate them and put them out in my living room, but Belldandy is one that I always leave out.

I'd say the paint on PVC is pretty solid. The key words are "soft" and "gentle." Don't be too worried about cleaning them, just go slow.
Old 2010-01-31, 19:30   Link #1998
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburst View Post
Ordered another figure... dunno 'bout this one... it's my first ero figure.

Shoujo S (NSFW)
The craftsman ship on this is incredible. However, there's no way I can buy that as there's no place for me to display it >.>
Old 2010-02-01, 00:27   Link #1999
Starburst
Horo♥

Haha yeah... I really have no idea where I'm going to put her. I may take her out of the box do a review and put her right back in. Though I hope by then I have the cajones to display her when she arrives. I have a few months to build them up anyway.

Lots of better shots here at アキバHOBBY (Remember NSFW!).
Old 2010-02-01, 21:24   Link #2000
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburst View Post
Lots of better shots here at アキバHOBBY (Remember NSFW!).
Whoa... very nice images. That is one sweet looking figure. Not just because of the girl, but the fit and finish looks outstanding.

The girl is beautiful! Looks like she has that "naughty and nice" kind of thing going on. She's very alluring, yet still has a little touch of sweetness that leaves her with something innocent. It's the kind of pose and expression that give me that moe' thing.

Still... not something I'd be leaving out for visitors to see. It is tempting, though since I rarely have visitors.