AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-07-19, 22:21   Link #121
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Wow, everyone's complaining about the heat. The Seattle region is nice and comfy in comparison then.

I almost forgot about the voting deadline. Thanks for the reminder, kcl822. Now that I think about it, the more songs one sings, the fewer songs there is to vote for since one cannot vote for one's songs. Um.... I guess that's good... less work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
Yeah, I should try this, even if I know that's it's technically impossible for me T_T'
* /me looks forward to hearing Hellychan's amazing voice *
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 23:10   Link #122
Lichtkrieg
lost member

Send a message via MSN to Lichtkrieg
I come often in the general section and i have never pay any attention to the duet karaoke thread. Today, I just felt like I should learn more about this

I just finish listen to the competion (thx to GipFace for the link) and wow!! You are amazingly skillfull! I never tough we have such great voice on animesuki. Can't wait to hear more! That was a wonderful idea kcl822.
Old 2006-07-20, 09:22   Link #123
Shiemi
Counting days

Waaaahhh! I've been vacationing in a mountain with my family and I'm finally back. I had a sort of emergency at the time of broadcast and wasn't even at home, even if that happened before going to the mountain. Sniff!

Thanks to basket for the logs and the yousendit link that was still working today. LOL Also thanks to SCHDOWFOX, although I kind of saw basket's link first. Hehehe! My dad doesn't allow bit torrent on this PC so I immediately looked for the first posted direct download. lol

Thanks to my partners: Cz, Hellychan, and ChainLegacy!!! It was fun!!!

Can't congratulate anyone yet as I've just recently started to listen to the entries, but I bet everyone was great. I just listened to Hellychan and Chibi Nasu and that was great plus sounded difficult! Eep! Great rapping! Now I'm listening to llama and Jojo. This is tough! If every song is this good I might end up voting all entries with tens!!!
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 15:28   Link #124
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Thank you for everybody who voted! I'm going over the scores and whatnot, but it might take me a day or two to post them (still no electricity for my computer... I wish I had a laptop now). It looks like it might give a very interesting result. Stay tuned~
Old 2006-07-22, 16:17   Link #125
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Don't worry. Results can wait. The heat wave is hitting this area right now and it's so hot. Luckily electricity is still available. You should be glad that the electricity did not go out during your broadcast.
Old 2006-07-22, 17:16   Link #126
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl822
Thank you for everybody who voted! I'm going over the scores and whatnot, but it might take me a day or two to post them (still no electricity for my computer... I wish I had a laptop now). It looks like it might give a very interesting result. Stay tuned~
That sounds pretty bad. At least I have my dad's computer even if he doesn't allow bit torrent or any kind of what he might consider "strange" (actually anime) downloads.

Results can indeed wait, but I wonder what you mean with interesting result.
Old 2006-07-22, 20:33   Link #127
Cz
Needs more sleep~

There's no electricity in parts of New York: http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/22/ny.....ap/index.html
Old 2006-07-22, 22:33   Link #128
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
There's no electricity in parts of New York: http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/22/ny.....ap/index.html
That doesn't sound good at all... especially for those people who really need it like the elderly and people on medications/using pacemakers. I really hope they can restore electricity soon...

in a completely unrelated note I am already trying to find songs for the next duet karacomp...
basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 06:35   Link #129
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
I hope they'll be able to restore it soon enough. I've been without electricity by an extended period of time before (not when I was in Japan) and it's horrible, my most recent experience being when Ai-chan was a newborn by the last months of 2004. It's true that people with sickness, medical devices, and such suffer even more.

basket, already looking for songs? Maybe I should do that too and even look for partners for next year to start rehearsing already. Anyone obsessed enough to pair up with me so early? I actually did that with lwl12, except that we partnered up after the solo kara comp that came after the Duets kara comp rather than after the duets kara comp itself.
Old 2006-07-23, 07:27   Link #130
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi
basket, already looking for songs?
Yep! In fact, I already have two songs in mind... I just wonder who I could sing it with (or whether I can find the lyrics for one of them )

Quote:
Maybe I should do that too and even look for partners for next year to start rehearsing already. Anyone obsessed enough to pair up with me so early?
I wouldn't mind trying a song.
Old 2006-07-23, 12:11   Link #131
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Yeah, I'm already thinking about what to sing for the next competition, and I can't seem to narrow it down from the.... million or so songs I'm considering XD

But I'm also up for preparing duets with someone! *waves*
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 17:29   Link #132
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Winners~

After all the trouble (shakes fist at the NYC electric company and Verizon), here are this year's duet winners. Yay!! Congratulations~

From the judges:
1st - Chibi Nasu and Serez
2nd - Chibi Nasu and SP
3rd - Shiemi and Hellychan

From the peers:
2nd - Shiemi and Hellychan
3rd - Chibi Nasu and Hellychan

Congratulations to the winners! Chibi Nasu, Serez, please email me your home address so I can mail you the prizes.

Thank you for everybody who participated in this!

For comments in individual entries by me and Nighwish, click on the appropriate... umm... I forgot what those are called...
Oh, yea - the spoiler tags!

Chibi Nasu and Hellychan
Spoiler:

Jojo and llama
Spoiler:

Gipface and Kawatori Shinji
Spoiler:

Kent and Candypop
Spoiler:

Yuushi and Chibi Nasu
Spoiler:

Shiemi and ChainLegacy
Spoiler:

Jinto and Hellychan
Spoiler:

Shiemi and Cz
Spoiler:

llama and basket
Spoiler:

Cz and Hellychan
Spoiler:

Chibi Nasu and SP
Spoiler:

Shiemi and Hellychan
Spoiler:

Chibi Nasu and Serez
Spoiler:

Now I need a break (until the next karaoke competition, which is the solo one, starts)... When will that be? Who knows. But it can't hurt to start working for it.
Hint: is in a couple of months.
Old 2006-07-23, 17:54   Link #133
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
o.O I'm rather surprised.

Heh... reading all this makes me realize I need to get better recording material than my $7.00 mic from WalMart xD

I'm sure Serez will be shocked -- she's extremely self-conscious about her voice, so I had to nearly literally chain her down and force her to record with me... haha She doesn't come online much, so I'll try to catch her by phone and get her to send you her address and stuff. And I totally never realized how much we sounded alike until I was recording my vocals over hers XD

[Maybe you can time the competition around Christmas? XD]

Quote:
Madam, you appear to be missing a whole frequency range... still, I'm really starting to like the old-time-radio effect ... Ooo both voices have it this time... it's like reverb-overload!
Hehe... yeah, we recorded from the same microphone (since he's my brother and all ^^ )
Old 2006-07-23, 18:35   Link #134
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Congratulation to the winners Chibi Nasu and Serez

I want to say thank you to all participants of the competition. You made it a delightful event

And special thanks to kcl822 and Nightwish, your comments are always a nice read. And I learned a new term... 80's power balad (never heard before ).

And finally special thanks to Hellychan, my partner uhm idol
Old 2006-07-23, 18:49   Link #135
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Yes, well done everyone. Congratulations to Chibi Nasu and Serez. So many good songs by Chibi, keep them coming! And make sure your friend enters the next contest too -- I want more of her voice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin
And special thanks to kcl822 and Nightwish, your comments are always a nice read.
You're welcome. ... I thought I waffled a bit... but meh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin
And I learned a new term... 80's power balad (never heard before ).
::laughs:: ... Power Ballad, yes... just think "Boston", "Foreigner" or similar. You'll know it when you hear it... look for the 80's band with lots of guitars, more pieces to the drum kit than they ever actually play, big hair (probably) and singing about love...
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 21:49   Link #136
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Wow, congrats to Chibi Nasu and Serez for winning the first prize. Also to Hellychan, Shiemi and SP for getting into the top 3.

Thank you to kcl822 and especially Nightwish for taking the time to write such long reviews. I really need to sing louder? I think I did for One Day One Dream, but I think it's the audio normalization that brought it down? I will try to do better next time.

Quote:
Anyone obsessed enough to pair up with me so early? I actually did that with lwl12, except that we partnered up after the solo kara comp that came after the Duets kara comp rather than after the duets kara comp itself.
Actually, I did that with Hellychan. We decided on the song last year.

----

So I'm up for another DKC. This time, maybe a 3-person triplet, or more. I wish kcl would hold these karacomps more often.
Old 2006-07-23, 23:01   Link #137
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

If we were aloud groups of 3 or 4, I would be an extremely happy person *has two songs she wants to do, one with 3 people, the other with 4*
Old 2006-07-24, 04:17   Link #138
Cz
Needs more sleep~

I am pretty sure kcl822 said that that is allowed. After all, she allows up to 4 partners for this one, and I think I asked her if group songs were ok and I think she said yes.

Of course, in that case, maybe it's better if kcl increased the quota a bit so these people can sing more than one song.
Old 2006-07-24, 07:17   Link #139
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Quote:
llama and basket
Spoiler:
*hides in a deep hole* ^^;;

Well, considering how much time we had to practice this song (we finished it a day or two before the original deadline, I think, and we started about two weeks before that after trying out another song that didn't work out, plus I had to change recording software mid-way) and the fact llama didn't have much time either because she was working, I think it turned out pretty well.

Quote:
Now I need a break (until the next karaoke competition, which is the solo one, starts)... When will that be? Who knows. But it can't hurt to start working for it.
Hint: is in a couple of months.
I think I will be submitting two entries for this competition. One that doesn't count (as always) and one that will count (for the first time in the solo competition, as well). The actual song will be a secret though to most people until the last minute.
Old 2006-07-24, 11:56   Link #140
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
After all the trouble (shakes fist at the NYC electric company and Verizon), here are this year's duet winners. Yay!! Congratulations~

From the judges:
2nd - Chibi Nasu and SP
3rd - Shiemi and Hellychan

From the peers:
2nd - Shiemi and Hellychan
3rd - Chibi Nasu and Hellychan

Shiemi and ChainLegacy
Spoiler:
Thanks very much for your comments. I wasn't too confident about this entry, though I guess I never am.

Congratulations to the winners and good job to all of the contestants. Thanks for being my partner, Shiemi, I'm glad someone was willing to (someone as good as you ) . Good job and I'll (hopefully) be back again next time!
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karaoke competition