AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-02-05, 17:21   Link #18161
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Well, I think Kallen's action/reaction would be more predictable, lol (Forget lulu...ugh).
Hmm, Amisuke version would go like this, which is already written out in the interview...
Voila the infamous and cliched "Live on. Atone your sins. Don't escape via death."

I would like to see a slap + "ばっかああああ、ほかの方法があるでしょう!!!!" (BAKA, there must be another way to do this!)

Then again, what about a Noin version?
Ca-Ca...Cagalli !

Spoiler for Gundam Seed Episode 50:

It would have made Kalulu more canon than canon (heh, AsuCaga is the epitome of canon. In Seed t least :'P), if only she have knew I could have totally see her pulling something like that (wasn't it what she kinda did in Turn 7 ?)

Such a shame she knew too late...Had she been able to do so I would have understood her "essential role" when it comes to her bound with Lulu but there, I have an hard time to figue it out.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 17:50   Link #18162
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
its sad that at the one point where what lelouch needed most of all was someone to tell HIM to "live on" he ends up in the company of a guy who
1)wants revenge on him
2)has a "death as atonemet" fetish
and a woman who spent hundreds of years looking for a way to die (and as such, a poor choice for a motivational speaker)

no wonder he ended up coming with ZERO-R (that ends with his death)
he didnt have someone around to bright slap him
Old 2009-02-05, 18:04   Link #18163
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
its sad that at the one point where what lelouch needed most of all was someone to tell HIM to "live on" he ends up in the company of a guy who
1)wants revenge on him
2)has a "death as atonemet" fetish
and a woman who spent hundreds of years looking for a way to die (and as such, a poor choice for a motivational speaker)

no wonder he ended up coming with ZERO-R (that ends with his death)
he didnt have someone around to bright slap him
Oh and we know that Kallen is the master of bitch-slap, both in S1 and in S2. 8D

It is actually ironic, the whole "live on" line and the concept of it.
And it is ironicx2, how, when Lelouch and Kallen are ready to have a decent convo, everything else in the universe always lines up against them.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 18:19   Link #18164
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

suzaku got a "i command you to love me" from euphie in season 1
lelouch needed something like that from kallen (at that point there was no one else)
something like in ep 7, to show him that he still has something to live for
instead he gets stuck with suzaku and C.C for a month and by the time he gets to see kallen again he's already past the point where it would work (to the point where even nunnaly isnt enough to sway him from it)
Old 2009-02-05, 19:27   Link #18165
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
suzaku got a "i command you to love me" from euphie in season 1
lelouch needed something like that from kallen (at that point there was no one else)
something like in ep 7, to show him that he still has something to live for
instead he gets stuck with suzaku and C.C for a month and by the time he gets to see kallen again he's already past the point where it would work (to the point where even nunnaly isnt enough to sway him from it)

Oh, Euphie and her weird commands, that was one of the most epic moments in S1. 8D

Anyway, yeah i think Lelouch needed someone that still had faith in him and believed in him. {definitely not Suzaku that pretty much wanted to take revenge or C.C that did not really care for something specific}
Kallen might have been his purpose to keep going. I mean, i don't know, apart from their identical characters, i always have thought that their hearts were the same.
They have both grown up because of each other, {especially Kallen, for Lelouch other people helped for it as well but still} they know that the world is not a safe place and they are trying to change it.

Man, seriously, come to think of it, they are scarily identical. I feel the burning need to write an analysis right now. |DD;
Old 2009-02-05, 19:31   Link #18166
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

Man, seriously, come to think of it, they are scarily identical. I feel the burning need to write an analysis right now. |DD;
go for it
Old 2009-02-06, 05:08   Link #18167
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
I've some internet difficult, but next story up sunday (I hope)
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 06:43   Link #18168
azul120

I think Suzaku was past that point of revenge though, as if they'd gotten everything straightened out during the time skip. Suzaku probably just enabled Lelouch's personal death wish, given that that's what he'd had all along.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 07:12   Link #18169
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

LOL, this was translated from a long long 2ch post~
Will translate it into English if you need it
Spoiler for LXK similarities, CHN:
Old 2009-02-06, 07:34   Link #18170
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:

please do

@azul120
what makes you think lelouch had a death wish all along (not just in the last arc)
Old 2009-02-06, 07:39   Link #18171
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
please do

@azul120
what makes you think lelouch had a death wish all along (not just in the last arc)
I'll try to...
BTW, Lelouch's death wish doesn't belong here.
Old 2009-02-06, 07:50   Link #18172
azul120

Quote:
please do

@azul120
I meant Suzaku. As a result, Suzaku was Lelouch's enabler.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 10:17   Link #18173
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
please do

@azul120
When he thought Nunnally died from freya and finding out that his parents were nutjobs that ruined his life for the sake of their plan made him realized that all the things he had been fighting for were for naught and sought out to atone for his sins along with Suzaku. I highly doubt that Kallen could comprehend let alone contempt with what Lelouch was feeling hell she couldn't get to him in Turn 19 when he thought Nunnally died, if you can compare something as simple as stopping someone from injecting Refrain to stopping someone sacrificing one's life to change the world over your feelings I'll like to see.
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 10:47   Link #18174
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku-Men View Post
When he thought Nunnally died from freya and finding out that his parents were nutjobs that ruined his life for the sake of their plan made him realized that all the things he had been fighting for were for naught and sought out to atone for his sins along with Suzaku. I highly doubt that Kallen could comprehend let alone contempt with what Lelouch was feeling hell she couldn't get to him in Turn 19 when he thought Nunnally died, if you can compare something as simple as stopping someone from injecting Refrain to stopping someone sacrificing one's life to change the world over your feelings I'll like to see.
didnt she ?
watch the ep again
lelouch spends most of the ep being catatonic
rolo has to carry him into the room
and after blowing up at rolo in a completly maniac way he doesnt do anything but stare at the floor for half the ep
he doesnt move
he doesnt answer the phone
when C.C tells him to take off his cloths it takes him a moment to understand that she even talked to him (let alone her odd request that makes him again reflect on his pain)

and then from the moment kallen walks in (actually from the moment she calls him on the intercom)
complete shift
he may still be down, but he's far from catatonic
he's alert and responsive (he instently reacts to hearing her voice on the intercom)
he questions about ougi's request that he come down to the warehouse (where as he wouldnt even pick up the phone before)
he's quick to explain when C.C causes a misunderstanding which causes kallen to feel betrayed
saying that its HIS fault that the C.C that KALLEN knew is gone (rather then that he lost C.C as well)
he puts on his ZERO mask again and heads down with her
why is he ZERO now, hasnt he just lost his reason for liveing, much less being ZERO ?
and on the way down the first thing he does is tell kallen that he is happy to see her safe and asks her to forgive him for taking so long in rescuing her
he just broke her out of the most heavily guarded building in the entire area, within weeks of her capture, and lost his sister (and reison detre) in the process, yet he is asking her to forgive him about the time it took
even when kallen brings up nunnaly (which is an incredibly painful thing at that point) he seems to take it well (almost sounds pleased to know that nunnaly helped kallen during her capture)

and thats BEFORE she actually tries to comfort him about his loss
this is a change that stems from mearly being in her presence again after so long
i rather think that had the ambush not taken place and he had spent some more time with kallen she could have helped him overcome nunnaly's death (it would alot of time)
and having herself expirianced the loss of her brother, i think kallen might have been the one person most suited to help him find the way to "live on"

by the time the ambush is set in motion he is activly trying to find a way out of it (looking for a way to save himself, he hasnt given up yet)
its only when he sees shnizel and understands that he doesnt have a chance that he stops trying to save himself
and even then its not a case of just giving up and saying just shoot me
he changes tactics and focuses on saving kallen's life at least (and puts on a great act to pull it off)
and all this happens within 5 minutes of him being so catatonic that he spent all his time staring at the floor
you cant credibly argue that kallen didnt "get to him"
she did that without even trying to get to him (her attemped to actually comfort him got cut off)

and its only AFTER that point (when he lost her as well) that he tells rolo that he has no reason to live anymore
becouse that really WAS the point where he lost EVERYTHING
nunnaly was the most importent thing to him
but at that point she wasnt the ONLY thing in his life (as shown clearly in the end of ep 7, which also marks the start of a new stage in his relationship with kallen)

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2009-02-06 at 11:27.
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 11:21   Link #18175
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Well, i think i got all the similarities in my mind, but i guess i can use a little help. When you have the time and stuff. 8D

@Haku-Men:: It was not mentioned that Kallen would stop ZR. There was discussed the possibility, that Lelouch would not come up with an extreme plan like this if things have not been played like they were, and if Kallen was by his side, instead of C.C and Suzaku.

Also, blade did a good job replying to you how Kallen had an extra impact on him, compared to others.
Sure, someone could argue, that it was because he hadn't seen her in a while, but really? When Lelouch spends most of the time in the episode, being emo-stare at the floor and when Kallen appears he is being a bit talkative and stuff, you can't really ignore that.
Not to mention, he enabled his genius-braincells again, to get her out of there as well.
Basically, Lelouch did not give a crap about anyone else at that epi, up until Kallen came. And that is obvious, there is no real argument here.

What had me kinda thinking though, is that in the end of the episode, Lelouch lists Nunally, Rolo, Shirley, BK as the things he has lost. I thought he would list Kallen {and C.C maybe} as well, but he did not. I think there might be a reason about it.
Old 2009-02-07, 02:14   Link #18176
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Agreed with him doesn't work. Zero requiem didn't seem to sit well with her. I'd say it was more than she was an enabler: she let him do as he wished, rather than what she felt was best (that one time in Stage 7 notwithstanding).
Ok, not agreed, worded it wrong... but she didnīt try to sstop him....
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 02:17   Link #18177
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellington2612 View Post
Ok, not agreed, worded it wrong... but she didnīt try to sstop him....
She did try that one time after Lelouch found out Nunnally was alive, just not very hard.
Old 2009-02-07, 13:21   Link #18178
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Tomorrow, the important story.
I tried to limit the nudities, however, I'll put every advice.
Old 2009-02-07, 21:03   Link #18179
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Lolipop, can I ask about your avatar? where did you get it? is there a bigger version?
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 10:16   Link #18180
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

And Now, the most dangerous comic of the saga, finally after 2 years, Kallen want to comfort Lelouch, their first time....BEWARE, MATURE ONTENT, NO UNDER 18:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...7&postcount=75