AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-08-29, 09:11   Link #6761
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
@Welsh: Brother, you reached the conclusion I had been toying with in my head all day. Silver, I like the concept and I may actually implicate that method in future chapters. Specifically after a major arc. has occurred and I want to fast forward. But I think splitting it up into two different chapters works best in the aspects of giving Touma the chance to interact with ITEM and the progression of the overall plot.

I wanted to wait until a reasonable amount of time passed since Touma is still injured and will need a good while before it's 'safe' for him to take part on any real job ITEM does.

That said, I'm pretty sure I have who's paired with who for each chapter. It's not groundbreaking though; Saiai and Rikou for one and Frenda and Mugino the other. The question that presents itself now is which to do first?

The Good Day with Saiai & Rikou or The Bad Day with Mugino & Frenda?
Rather, why don't you mix it up? Make it so that part of his day is good and the other part is bad (considering Kamijou's luck, it is unlikely that he will actually have a "good day" in his life).
Old 2014-08-29, 19:25   Link #6762
Itherael
The Writer of Souls

Quote:
That said, I'm pretty sure I have who's paired with who for each chapter. It's not groundbreaking though; Saiai and Rikou for one and Frenda and Mugino the other. The question that presents itself now is which to do first?

The Good Day with Saiai & Rikou or The Bad Day with Mugino & Frenda?
Yes, Faiz baslter is right. It would be better if Kamijou had a good half-day with Saiai and Rikou, then his misfortune enters the stage! Aaaaaannnnnnnnd Mugino and Frenda appears, bringing him back to reality, which is, he can't really have a good day because of his misfortune.

A little idea, if you were to write the good part of Kamijou's day with Saiai and Rikou, you could make him as paranoid as he was in the chapter "Oddball Day."
Old 2014-08-30, 02:12   Link #6763
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

When I was referring to 'Good Day' I was saying it in the sense that it's one of the days he doesn't have to deal with Mugino or Frenda. As shown in the last chapter, Saiai doesn't immediately dislike him and hints that their relationship is going to go by on a much smoother note than it will for someone like, say, Frenda or Mugino.

But I like the input, I had the intention of making him miserable still, even on a good day, but now I'm thinking that the paranoia idea sounds pretty good right now.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 20:40   Link #6764
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Anyone have any ideas for one-shots that they want to see? I figured I'd take requests for A Certain Collection of Events and cobble them together so my inspiration stays fresh.

No one suggest a chapter of Ollerus, Silvia, and Fiamma hiding out together. I'm still trying to work out the 'family atmosphere' for that one, so it's on hold for now.

silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-01, 20:56   Link #6765
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Touma / Mugino!!!!

In all seriousness though, how about you go with say....Touma / Awaki? You know, something that isn't in the meta right now. Doesn't even need to be romance, just something with her in it since she's kinda been swept aside since NT.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-09-02, 05:04   Link #6766
Draco Spirit

Touma's parents unexpectedly visit Touma's dorm one day, meeting a certain nun and former magic god.

For bonus points you could have Kuroko or Uiharu take them there, since there Judgement Officers and could plausibly have those sort of duties...

Plus you know.. comedy
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 11:55   Link #6767
LevelSeven

If you meet a reality-warping-ghost which wants to throw you into toaru, which char would you like to be?

and NO!!!! not you fav. Char but if you truly wake up in toaru, and the whole plot armor (for everyone) is gone, in which ones body would you want to wake up?

i plan to make a fanfic about me who suddenly finds himself in accels body, AND i will act exactly the same way i would act in reality, afterall im in a FICTIONAL STORY!!!
this would be really confusing AND a bit scary, EXSPECIALLY if i bring real world logic into it...

So, in which char would you want to wake up? I would take accel because if i use Index and magic i could heal my damaged brain and survive every assasin and i could escape the insane researchers

AND

NO!!! guys, it is like that: you are FORCED into toaru, and that also means you could die, IF you are to weak, imagine, this will not have nice endings, which char? Maybe i would take kakine and start as human and than run away from AC to have a peaceful life and train my ability because i want to master it (if i had a power i would try to master it)
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 13:10   Link #6768
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
If you meet a reality-warping-ghost which wants to throw you into toaru, which char would you like to be?
Kihara Amata. I just like that guy or Gensei. Any Kihara minus the wannabe Kihara is badass on my view.

I like Amata the most so if I would be in that fictional world. I would go for Amata. Then screw some brains and copy paste AIM program of all level 5 in 7 sets of brain and powered them up by hacking the city.

Really level7. You should think more of being a super villain than your bias view on Accel.

I would be the backstabber that tsuchimikado lacks to show.

You will die without even knowing who's behind it or I will show up to just laugh while your dying.

Securing the holder of IB is a must. Its the center plan of Aleister and screw him. I make my own plan.

I will genetically modified and brainwash the IB user making him a perfect doll. OR just clone him and if the current one dies then retrieve the arm and implant it in the others but if that doesn't work then use the clones as a spare to heal the main one. Nanomachine enhancement at its best with practical military and assassination skills trained and ingrained into the very being.

And who will he listen to ME! because he won't know I'm the one who set up the death of his parents and adopted him so I can use him.

insert insane smile here
Old 2014-09-02, 13:48   Link #6769
LevelSeven

Exclamation

@tsunade

No no no no no tsunade-chan, i didnt chose accel because he is my favo (no really)

i chosed him becausd i dont have guts, in fights i will hit but try my best to not be hit (which is funny because i endure pretty much *_* ), i hate pain and i will lose my motivation in a second...

Accels powers would protect me and help me to flee if i dont have a good chance, or kakine but i would need to train like a idiot so that i can reach a invulnerable-lvl like accel (or others), im a coward (in reality), i could NEVER risk my life (not even for myself)....

And i think you imagine my question wrong: close your eyes ,count to 10 , and now open it, you are in toaru, if you are a styil you need to place your cards to every place, give yourself a safe zone, look at pictures of the battlefield and make plans, while using magic you will need to constantly breath correctly, etc etc,

you ARE a toaru char, you cant say i will do this and it is done, you need to really research, days, weeks, months, years, and this by magic and science EXACTLY like it would be if toaru magic/science shows up in this world, making a clone needs 2 months right? You will really work and research, go through paper filled with information and make decisions...

So, (the chosed char is forever, until you die) which char?

Btw, if i show up in accels body i would heal my brain and than run away, as far as i can, away from AC and their insanity, the same with magic.... could YOU really use humans as guniea pigs? i mean, YOU, your real real self, could you kill someone because of datas for research?

This is my question, being thrown and bound to a toaru char, which one would you like to be?

Maybe, yeah, i think i would take fiamma (if possible his Vol.16 version) since his powers are great and im a coward, i would take his ability to protect myself against everyone, BUT NEVER a majin (othinus is a girl and i like it to be male) his 50/50 powers (the 50% failure) could be super painful...
Old 2014-09-02, 14:00   Link #6770
tsunade666

I will still choose a kihara. A higher kihara has more funds lvl7. This people has their own several research lab. Remember bersi where Touma and Thor used his lab? This people had MONEY on their name. Bank accounts and contacts.

What's your name? Kihara = research funds.

2 months for a clone? pfft. You can probably squander more in it. With lots of different project ongoing in the dark side of the city. Being no it all helps.

Plus Kihara's has those infinite curiosity that won't sate their search for knowledge. New ways to kill will be develop.

I would probably pick accel before but Kamachi cheapens the level 5 if one can copy the AIM field of a level 5 and use their abilities. Specially the white wings of Accel. I was really irritated there. Those thing should be special but that stunt makes it cheap.

And guess what on who funds and create those brain project. A kihara.

Amata would be a good choice because he is the one who raised and researches Accelerators abilities. I bet it can be recreated by artificial means.

Before I would probably argue that Accel is the only one that can do it but with the latest development. It looks like science is almost like magic. Can do anything.
Old 2014-09-02, 14:58   Link #6771
LevelSeven

Really? Even than? I dont say it is wrong, i dont see how i could judge this but im suprised, i thought others would also chose OP chars so that they can survive with the smallest amount of work

Well, i agree that kamachi cheapens the lvl5's, and i was also mostly irritated by the white wings...
but he doesnt only cheapen the espers, IB was also recreated, this means that if the science side recreats rensas conditions and research more they could have a IB too

And he cheapens majins too, first we had one OP majin, many hype and even more powers, and now after the universe was destroyed million times only to give said majin a heel-face turn, we have 5-6 majins who are EVEN STRONGER than the OP majin which took a amount of volumes which counts 9 to be defeated...

This reminds me on DBZ one super sajan every 1000 years, and suddenly we have 5-6 of them....

But i would still chose accel
Old 2014-09-02, 15:28   Link #6772
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

This is the fanfic thread, not the roleplay thread.

Take it elsewhere, Lvl7.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 15:47   Link #6773
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
This is the fanfic thread, not the roleplay thread.

Take it elsewhere, Lvl7.
Not roleplay damn, i wanted to know which char others would choose because i wanted to make such a fanfic, and if others could give me a few interesting reasons why they would choose a special char i would use it and bring a group of "otakus" into the toaru verse in their chosed chars...

Does this sound like roleplay? furthermore, isnt this new? I cant remember reading a toaru fic which did something like that, not even close, so i need help, excluding me, i need 4-5 people
Old 2014-09-02, 15:48   Link #6774
silverexorcist
Tropes/cliché expert

Quote:

Touma / Mugino!!!!

In all seriousness though, how about you go with say....Touma / Awaki? You know, something that isn't in the meta right now. Doesn't even need to be romance, just something with her in it since she's kinda been swept aside since NT.
I could see him meeting with Awaki when visiting Komoe (which is alarmingly easy to set up), and it would be a nice awkward situation after their last (kind of) meeting. But I really need to balance out all of the science side one-shots, so I'll keep that one in mind for after I get a magic side one in first.

Maybe I'll show an attempt at a second date between Kanzaki and Knight Leader, with Carissa inadvertently ruining horribly.

silverexorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 21:40   Link #6775
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Not roleplay damn, i wanted to know which char others would choose because i wanted to make such a fanfic, and if others could give me a few interesting reasons why they would choose a special char i would use it and bring a group of "otakus" into the toaru verse in their chosed chars...

Does this sound like roleplay? furthermore, isnt this new? I cant remember reading a toaru fic which did something like that, not even close, so i need help, excluding me, i need 4-5 people
I would pick Touma over Accel. He always wins. *runs away and hides*

Also, we need more fics...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 00:34   Link #6776
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Workin on it.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-09-03, 02:56   Link #6777
LevelSeven

Quote:

This was what i try to Say:

imagine that toaru verse appears in this world and you has IB, could you say you will survive a fight against someone on styils lvl? Im sure i couldnt, and the same happens if you are thrown into toaru, it will be your real world which doesnt have a MC and which doesnt have always good endings (there are good endings but not always), and Plot armor is gone, exactly like it would in this world....

and now imagine a group of 5 otakus who are thrown into toaru, into their chosed chars and how would they react? thinking about it lets me smile it would be really funny...

btw, would you risk your life for a girl? or anyone? Like touma? If you are in his body and has no idea how the things work out because it isnt a book anymore...

EDIT:
Spoiler for strange fanfic idea:

Last edited by LevelSeven; 2014-09-03 at 08:18.
Old 2014-09-03, 21:33   Link #6778
SugarBrain
Keeper of Sweets!

Quote:

Have you read this?

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1030602...a-is-a-level-5

Or...

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1023797...-of-Misfortune

OR!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7879974...sy-Predicament

This are the ones I have been reading lately and they are just amazing!
SugarBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-03, 21:50   Link #6779
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
This was what i try to Say:

imagine that toaru verse appears in this world and you has IB, could you say you will survive a fight against someone on styils lvl? Im sure i couldnt, and the same happens if you are thrown into toaru, it will be your real world which doesnt have a MC and which doesnt have always good endings (there are good endings but not always), and Plot armor is gone, exactly like it would in this world....

and now imagine a group of 5 otakus who are thrown into toaru, into their chosed chars and how would they react? thinking about it lets me smile it would be really funny...

btw, would you risk your life for a girl? or anyone? Like touma? If you are in his body and has no idea how the things work out because it isnt a book anymore...

EDIT:
Spoiler for strange fanfic idea:
Lol, this sounds like the perfect troll premise... but also cruel... I'm pretty sure all of your MC's will unfortunately die.

Also, regardless of plot armor... Touma would win... the reason why is that he doesn't need plot armor to win until much later... and by that point in this fic he would have realized that he couldn't trust other people that much, so he probably would have been fine... Though picking Aleister is always a safe bet... he doesn't really need plot armor, does he?

Edit:

^And thank you for those fics.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 00:22   Link #6780
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Does anyone know of Komoe calls Touma 'Kamijou-chan' or if she just calls him 'Kamijou'? I can't recall that detail off the top of my head at the moment.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction