AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-26, 15:25   Link #661
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post

Nice speculation... My guess is that the time it takes to specify the target is a round 3-6 months minimum and then double that time to soul-link them together. That's about how long it takes for a human to break a habit.
pretty accurate guess I like it

Quote:
However if the org plans to make AEs without inhibitors to fight the hellcats (since whats the point of an inhibitor when the AEs will break it) they could be set loss as soon as they are fully overtaken by the AB flesh and blood. Though they would likely soul-link them together so they'd be more effective in combat.
I doubt that org would do something like that (sending AEs without inhibitors)...I mean that's just nuts...the moment the destroyer would stop producing hellcats the AEs would run wild to satisfy their hunger and how in the world would org stop 'em? AOs has some serious trouble with them and org now without alicia and beth and raphaela there is no way to stop them...unless they would produce new AEs to eliminate the wild ones...but it takes time like 6-12 months (as you guessed)...half to one year of eating...plus their speed...that means most of the continent would be eaten they cannot afford that
I'd say they simply won't use them against the destroyer...rather they use new research material (rods, hellcats, raki ,...) they are collecting now and create new AE series...one that is not affected by the rods...and my guess...knowing the org ...they would adjust the AEs in a way so that they would use those rods to their advantage (dunno...like eating it and gain temporary or permanent power up for instance)

Quote:
I don't see why the organization would use orphan girls though to make AEs. It would limit there supply of Claymores if they did that. My suspicion is that they use older women too old to be warped into obedient Claymores though... if they did us kids we'd likely see at least one or two smaller AEs but they're all tall and developed implying age.

My guess is the retrieval squad takes kids to be made into Claymore at one location, women fleeing a destroyed town (who are by themselves or in a small capturable group) to another location to be made into AEs, and men and some women (once again by themselves or in a small capturable group) to another location to be made into yoma.
weeeell except for miata I didn't saw any loli claymores either...some might seem little child like (like priscilla back in the day ) but even so...they still had some really fine bodies
I'm not saying your guess is wrong or that I disagree...rather I don't see a problem with orphans and such like with normal claymores...considering the fact that teresa was 77th generation (I don't know current number so I'm using older but known generation) and the members are changing constantly I'd say that orphans seem to be quite an incredible source...well youmas are killing a lot of people so there is no wonder in large number of orphans in every era

also it comes to my mind that younger ones are easier to brainwash rather than grown woman...don't you think?

by the way I love this thingy...how do I use these? I don't see anything like this in basic nor advance offer of smilies in message editor
Old 2010-05-26, 15:49   Link #662
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Cool

Maybe the org uses women who are very unstable mentally for the AF.

Or the org could just split up the girls at the org. One group 2 become Claymores and the other 2 become AF.
Old 2010-05-26, 16:15   Link #663
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Maybe the org uses women who are very unstable mentally for the AF.

Or the org could just split up the girls at the org. One group 2 become Claymores and the other 2 become AF.
maybe who knows...
but I'd say they change/decide that dynamically...meaning right now we need claymores so more will become claymores and less will become AF...or the other way around...however I wouldn't be surprised if there would be different divisions...like one division is the training facility for claymores (fighting one)...one is training facility like where they teach them how to act and such (clare once mentioned that she received even training how to act as a prostitute )...some place where they actually create claymores...some research facility where they reseach new weapons and stuff...etc...etc...etc...
my point is that claymore trainees and AF candidates might be two separate set of people and don't effect each other...though when times are bad they might do some transfering...
I think it might be like this for one very good reason...when one of these parts would be destroyed it won't render the org "paralysed"...it would be still huge blow but it won't cripple them as much as if it would be all in one place
Old 2010-05-26, 16:21   Link #664
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganshou-dono View Post
pretty accurate guess I like it
Thanks.

Quote:
I doubt that org would do something like that (sending AEs without inhibitors)...I mean that's just nuts...the moment the destroyer would stop producing hellcats the AEs would run wild to satisfy their hunger and how in the world would org stop 'em? AOs has some serious trouble with them and org now without alicia and beth and raphaela there is no way to stop them...unless they would produce new AEs to eliminate the wild ones...but it takes time like 6-12 months (as you guessed)...half to one year of eating...plus their speed...that means most of the continent would be eaten they cannot afford that
I'd say they simply won't use them against the destroyer...rather they use new research material (rods, hellcats, raki ,...) they are collecting now and create new AE series...one that is not affected by the rods...and my guess...knowing the org ...they would adjust the AEs in a way so that they would use those rods to their advantage (dunno...like eating it and gain temporary or permanent power up for instance)
I didn't mean they make a army so huge they couldn't whip them out once they where done. I meant they create about the same number of AEs as Hellcats and let the two groups cancel each other out. Then mop up the few survivors. Think of it like a chess game... if your worried about your pawns after the fight only make enough of them to cancel the enemies pawns and keep a knight or two in reserve to whipout any lucky pawns from either side.

Against the Destroyer your likely right... if they get a chance to take it on they'll us a new weapon. Likely one created from Raki's rods. That is assuming Priscilla and/or the ghosts don't do that job for them that is...

Quote:
weeeell except for miata I didn't saw any loli claymores either...some might seem little child like (like priscilla back in the day ) but even so...they still had some really fine bodies
I'm not saying your guess is wrong or that I disagree...rather I don't see a problem with orphans and such like with normal claymores...considering the fact that teresa was 77th generation (I don't know current number so I'm using older but known generation) and the members are changing constantly I'd say that orphans seem to be quite an incredible source...well youmas are killing a lot of people so there is no wonder in large number of orphans in every era
In extra chapter 4 Clare looked exceedingly young when heading off on her first real mission just after her "graduation". I think in most cases the org won't use kids since they're just not ready to fight but the existence of Miata and Riful suggests that there is occasions when preteen girls are sent to the field. I personally think both cases where special occasions, with Miata the org was still in need of strong warriors after the losses at Pieta and Galatea/Raphaela leaving on there own accords (plus the death of Ophelia likely didn't help them any...). As to Riful, you wouldn't know this but I've speculated before that the org wanted her to awaken to be a counter to Isley. I'll keep this short but in essence the org would have feared Isley so they created a situation where Riful would awaken so if Isley did attack the org he would be weakened by the top 3 warriors. Thus injuring him enough where Riful could step in. In short it was an early balance of power... but one where the org was more insuring Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) against an AO who attacked them.

Now that's only a wild speculation based on only the orgs attitude towards their own warriors. Riful's awakening benefited them and that's all there was to it, since without her being awakened even a chance of Isley attacking them would spell there doom.

Quote:
also it comes to my mind that younger ones are easier to brainwash rather than grown woman...don't you think?
No need to brainwash AFs... the soullinking process destroys all sense of self. After that it's all instinct. So they can be made at any age and still be predictable.

Quote:
by the way I love this thingy...how do I use these? I don't see anything like this in basic nor advance offer of smilies in message editor
I stole it from another forum. If you want to us it yourself more often just load it on a photobucket account or something. I have a whole page of my photobucket account dedicated to Claymore smilies and icons...

Old 2010-05-26, 16:28   Link #665
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

I wonder if Isley is one of the reasons why Riful awakend. She had 2 be fighting something very powerful 2 cause her 2 awaken.

That must of hurt the org 2. They had 2 #1s awaken one generation after anoter.
Old 2010-05-26, 18:45   Link #666
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Ryus is right; Priscilla, Riful and Miata were all special-cases due to the cirumstances and/or their amazing power and potential. Most graduates seem to enter the field when they are 16-ish I think.
Old 2010-05-26, 19:04   Link #667
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

16ish?? They seem like they would be around 18-20 2 me.
Old 2010-05-26, 19:48   Link #668
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
16ish?? They seem like they would be around 18-20 2 me.
Not to me; 18-20ish seems too old for graduates. Claire seemed to be 16-ish during the first few chapters when she first met Raki. She seemed 18-20 right before Pieta, and now she seems to be in her early 20's.
Old 2010-05-26, 19:58   Link #669
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Not to me; 18-20ish seems too old for graduates. Claire seemed to be 16-ish during the first few chapters when she first met Raki. She seemed 18-20 right before Pieta, and now she seems to be in her early 20's.
Ohh u meant when she grad? my bad Well by know she would be in her 20s. everyone else would be in their mid 20s wouldn't u say. Galatea could be even older than the ghosts!
Old 2010-05-26, 23:03   Link #670
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Quote:
I didn't mean they make a army so huge they couldn't whip them out once they where done. I meant they create about the same number of AEs as Hellcats and let the two groups cancel each other out. Then mop up the few survivors. Think of it like a chess game... if your worried about your pawns after the fight only make enough of them to cancel the enemies pawns and keep a knight or two in reserve to whipout any lucky pawns from either side.
chess are nice example...I doubt org see it any differently

well because they're just extremely dangerous I would see a problem even in few...however if org is that good to accurately guess how many send to cancel out themselfs with the enemy then I don't see a problem doing so

Quote:
In extra chapter 4 Clare looked exceedingly young when heading off on her first real mission just after her "graduation". I think in most cases the org won't use kids since they're just not ready to fight but the existence of Miata and Riful suggests that there is occasions when preteen girls are sent to the field. I personally think both cases where special occasions, with Miata the org was still in need of strong warriors after the losses at Pieta and Galatea/Raphaela leaving on there own accords (plus the death of Ophelia likely didn't help them any...).
strange is I have always thought riful wasn't as young looking when she was a claymore and become like that after awakening...it is only some sort of implicit assumption and is not based on any fact
anyway AF being fully grown women might also be because of effect of yoki...awakening for instance can do quite some physical changes...AB's flesh and blood might have some effect on it's own

Quote:
As to Riful, you wouldn't know this but I've speculated before that the org wanted her to awaken to be a counter to Isley. I'll keep this short but in essence the org would have feared Isley so they created a situation where Riful would awaken so if Isley did attack the org he would be weakened by the top 3 warriors. Thus injuring him enough where Riful could step in. In short it was an early balance of power... but one where the org was more insuring Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) against an AO who attacked them.

Now that's only a wild speculation based on only the orgs attitude towards their own warriors. Riful's awakening benefited them and that's all there was to it, since without her being awakened even a chance of Isley attacking them would spell there doom.
hard to tell ...but I can picture org doing something like this
I'm kinda interested what were the circumstances around the awakening of isley and riful...maybe we'll get to know in special chapter...that would cool

Quote:
No need to brainwash AFs... the soullinking process destroys all sense of self. After that it's all instinct. So they can be made at any age and still be predictable.
oh yeah I totally forgot...sure there probably won't be need to brainwash AFs...it was said in the manga that they lose any sense of self due to the flesh of awakened being

Quote:
I stole it from another forum. If you want to us it yourself more often just load it on a photobucket account or something. I have a whole page of my photobucket account dedicated to Claymore smilies and icons...

I see...okey thanks for the tip

Quote:
I wonder if Isley is one of the reasons why Riful awakend. She had 2 be fighting something very powerful 2 cause her 2 awaken.

That must of hurt the org 2. They had 2 #1s awaken one generation after anoter.
I think riful's awakening doesn't have to be due to a fight against something strong...might have also been simple accident...like "where the f**k is my bowl of strawberries??? GRAWWW"
though it might have been because of isley in some way
Old 2010-05-26, 23:21   Link #671
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

Quote:
chess are nice example...I doubt org see it any differently

well because they're just extremely dangerous I would see a problem even in few...however if org is that good to accurately guess how many send to cancel out themselfs with the enemy then I don't see a problem doing so

strange is I have always thought riful wasn't as young looking when she was a claymore and become like that after awakening...it is only some sort of implicit assumption and is not based on any fact
anyway AF being fully grown women might also be because of effect of yoki...awakening for instance can do quite some physical changes...AB's flesh and blood might have some effect on it's own

hard to tell ...but I can picture org doing something like this
I'm kinda interested what were the circumstances around the awakening of isley and riful...maybe we'll get to know in special chapter...that would cool

oh yeah I totally forgot...sure there probably won't be need to brainwash AFs...it was said in the manga that they lose any sense of self due to the flesh of awakened being

I see...okey thanks for the tip

I think riful's awakening doesn't have to be due to a fight against something strong...might have also been simple accident...like "where the f**k is my bowl of strawberries??? GRAWWW"
though it might have been because of isley in some way
I could see her getting mad over that.

Maybe the org sent her after Isley in the hopes of her awakening. Then her and Isley would fight and kill each other. A win-win for the org!
Old 2010-05-26, 23:45   Link #672
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I could see her getting mad over that.

Maybe the org sent her after Isley in the hopes of her awakening. Then her and Isley would fight and kill each other. A win-win for the org!
If that happened I see her awakening in route...

Claymore A: What makes this little shrimp #1?
Claymore B: She's more powerful than us...
Claymore A: And... she's a kid she can't be that much more powerful than us. Plus we can't expect much leadership from a kid.
Riful: I'm right here you two...
Claymore C: Does the org really think we can beat Isley with only this kid?
Riful: I'm here so as long as you keep him occupied I'll kill him.
Claymore A: YEAH... SURE...
Claymore C: heh
Claymore B: cut it out you two... Riful looks upset.
Claymore C: Hey perhaps we'll get lucky and she'll run back to the org crying.
Claymore A: ROFLMAO
Claymore B: [tries to hide a laugh]
Riful: What's your problem?!
Claymore C: We're clearly not strong enough to handle this mission... I don't want to die. Brat!
Claymore A: I lack of a height requirement...
Claymore B: Hate to admit it but I agree with C we don' have enough power to survive this mission, kid.
Riful: arg... I'll have to prove to you I'm strong enough to lead this mission... [starts powering up... at >10%]
Claymore A: Wow! The brats strong... still doubt it will be enough though for all of us to take Isley.
Claymore B: ...
Riful: [at >30%)
Claymore C: Great she's even having problems controlling her emotions...
Riful: I'm not!
Claymore B: Uhh... Riful please calm down...
Claymore A: Great we do have to babysit the brat... Calm down or you'll awaken.
Claymore C: your too young to know how to properly control your power fully.
Riful: [>50%] I know what I'm doing.
Claymore B: We believe you! no need to take this any further...
Claymore C: LISTEN KID! You made your point that your just as strong as Isley but you can't access all the power he can without awakening yourself!
Claymore A: ugh... We don't doubt your power... it's our power we doubt being enough to support you...
Riful: [>70%] WHO HATE MY STRAWBERRIES!
Claymore C: [WTF] Think she's lost it Run! [turns around] HEY WAIT FOR ME!

... Needless to say, no one reported back and the nearest strawberry farmer was eaten soon after.
Old 2010-05-27, 02:26   Link #673
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Quote:
If that happened I see her awakening in route...

Claymore A: What makes this little shrimp #1?
Claymore B: She's more powerful than us...
Claymore A: And... she's a kid she can't be that much more powerful than us. Plus we can't expect much leadership from a kid.
Riful: I'm right here you two...
Claymore C: Does the org really think we can beat Isley with only this kid?
Riful: I'm here so as long as you keep him occupied I'll kill him.
Claymore A: YEAH... SURE...
Claymore C: heh
Claymore B: cut it out you two... Riful looks upset.
Claymore C: Hey perhaps we'll get lucky and she'll run back to the org crying.
Claymore A: ROFLMAO
Claymore B: [tries to hide a laugh]
Riful: What's your problem?!
Claymore C: We're clearly not strong enough to handle this mission... I don't want to die. Brat!
Claymore A: I lack of a height requirement...
Claymore B: Hate to admit it but I agree with C we don' have enough power to survive this mission, kid.
Riful: arg... I'll have to prove to you I'm strong enough to lead this mission... [starts powering up... at >10%]
Claymore A: Wow! The brats strong... still doubt it will be enough though for all of us to take Isley.
Claymore B: ...
Riful: [at >30%)
Claymore C: Great she's even having problems controlling her emotions...
Riful: I'm not!
Claymore B: Uhh... Riful please calm down...
Claymore A: Great we do have to babysit the brat... Calm down or you'll awaken.
Claymore C: your too young to know how to properly control your power fully.
Riful: [>50%] I know what I'm doing.
Claymore B: We believe you! no need to take this any further...
Claymore C: LISTEN KID! You made your point that your just as strong as Isley but you can't access all the power he can without awakening yourself!
Claymore A: ugh... We don't doubt your power... it's our power we doubt being enough to support you...
Riful: [>70%] WHO HATE MY STRAWBERRIES!
Claymore C: [WTF] Think she's lost it Run! [turns around] HEY WAIT FOR ME!

... Needless to say, no one reported back and the nearest strawberry farmer was eaten soon after.
really nice
[still running away]
Claymore B: oh boy...A you're in big trouble! eating strawberries of number 1? not good for your health...seriously
Claymore A: I guess offering cookies won't help now huh?
Claymore C: dude we're so dead...we didn't even reach northern lands let alone isley and we've failed already...not to mention that certain strongest soldier awakened...I mean where are we running? we only gonna get beheaded...
Claymore A: Calm down C we'll just have to make something up
Claymore B: We?? no way...right now you're you and you're screwed! I'm turning left over here...C'ya
Old 2010-05-27, 04:11   Link #674
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

Riful getting mad, now that would be a cute sight until she awakens. Then she'll get u with her tentecals *shudders* ehhh... the nightmars.
Old 2010-05-27, 08:08   Link #675
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Roflmao, I think I'm gonna share this with Weird D; it might make a pretty good fanfiction
Old 2010-05-27, 08:31   Link #676
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

if that fanfiction would work out please let me know...I'd love to check it out
Old 2010-05-27, 09:07   Link #677
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

any spoilers for 104 yet???
Old 2010-05-27, 09:13   Link #678
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonotme_9FedriqSama View Post
any spoilers for 104 yet???
hopefully tomorrow (spoilers came out around that time last month)
Old 2010-05-27, 14:44   Link #679
Ryuken
Claymore #01

It's that time of the month again.
Old 2010-05-27, 15:08   Link #680
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

sure is...kinda refreshing ain't it?
Closed Thread