AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-16, 01:46   Link #41
Animal4890

Question

sry, to interrupt, but will this anime (or manga) ever be available in the states? The fansubs seemed to have stalled or completely stopped and heck if I'm going to support bootlegging. It's been some four months since I've seen any and I'm itching for a fix.
Old 2004-07-16, 08:10   Link #42
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
It has been licensed for release in the US and VOL. 1 will be available sometime during the end of this month or the beginning of next month.
Old 2004-07-16, 23:02   Link #43
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The manga has indeed been licensed and while this is the manga thread I'd like to pass on some information for Animal4890 and other Tenshi na Konamaiki fans. Although the anime fansub has been stalled since March I've heard that AE is working hard to get out some new episodes sometimes soon. Yay! Wth luck you'll see them sometime this month.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-07-19, 02:07   Link #44
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
By the way, the manga has ended some time ago at 20 volumes in total.
Spoiler for ending:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-07-19 at 02:23. Reason: Added [spoiler] tags
Old 2004-07-20, 00:02   Link #45
Animal4890

thx for the info NoSanninWa. It's nice to know AE didn't totally throw away the project after they'd claimed it over other groups who tried to pick up their slack......even though they seem to be slacking...or at least lacking in translators right now.

I wonder if the anime will ever be licensed. This anime faired poorly at one of my past anime clubs. Although, most of that group was fairly conservative and perhaps this gender bender was a bit too much. I couldn't really understand 'em seeing as how I adore this anime.

**edit**
odd.... I received a reputation dock for post #41 here. Anyone care to claim that docking and explain it?

Last edited by Animal4890; 2004-07-21 at 22:08.
Old 2004-08-31, 10:20   Link #46
Troika

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Spoiler:
Sounds confusing as hell

I have only read vol. 1 of the Manga so far and really enjoyed it so I'll continue collecting it and decide about the ending when I read it Myself (a long wait then lol), I've seen the whole Anime series and thought it was great and had a better ending based on what I have read here.

Oh hello eveyone by the way
Old 2004-12-13, 01:05   Link #47
Shohoku79
S79

Tenshi na Konamaiki manga questions

Following message contains spoilers regard TnK.

Spoiler:

Thank you very much.

Last edited by Shohoku79; 2004-12-13 at 14:05. Reason: Adding spoiler tag
Old 2004-12-13, 05:31   Link #48
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Shohoku79...

1. Miki's hair was originally longer. She cut it short when she learned about her engagement. It was then when Megumi decided she wanted to protect and help Miki to live her life as she wanted. If you read more carefully, it was this sequence of events (up to and including the part where she first met Genzo) that ultimately she decided to wish that she was a boy.

2. Not too sure about this one, the gaiden wasn't included in volume 20 that I have.
Old 2004-12-13, 11:42   Link #49
Shohoku79
S79

Lightbulb Manga for TnK

pyu:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
1. Miki's hair was originally longer. She cut it short when she learned about her engagement. It was then when Megumi decided she wanted to protect and help Miki to live her life as she wanted. If you read more carefully, it was this sequence of events (up to and including the part where she first met Genzo) that ultimately she decided to wish that she was a boy.
Ok, that clears things up a bit. So the mentioning of the haircut was actually just there to connect the series of events as opposed to the beginning of the series, where it seems to the readers that Megu just decided to make the wish without much thinking right after fighting off the bullies, right? Am I making sense at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
2. Not too sure about this one, the gaiden wasn't included in volume 20 that I have.
The manga ended some time in 2003, the 20 volumes of tankoban finished then too, if I am not mistaken. The Gaiden was actually published "only" in the January 2004 issue of Shonen Sunday, so it was a continuation of the series. My first discovery of its existence was from this page:

http://www.pacifier.com/~caspian/Main%20page/Cheeky_Extra.htm ]TnK Gaiden[/URL]

Upon some more searches, the 38 pages worth of material is actually divided into Chapter 200 and 201. The first one was from Fujiki's perspective and the second one from Koakuma(?). If any one have any information or have read these 2 chapters, please enlighten as I am quite eager to find out what the future hold for Megu and her friends.
Old 2004-12-13, 14:22   Link #50
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

If it's in 2004 SS, then I have it. I'll look through my bookshelf when I get back home.
Old 2004-12-13, 17:38   Link #51
Shohoku79
S79

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
If it's in 2004 SS, then I have it. I'll look through my bookshelf when I get back home.
Awesome! Thank you, and I hope you could find it.... The cover is shown in that previous post.

At any rate, why is your site down? Server problems? I think it's been down for a couple of days....
Old 2004-12-17, 07:53   Link #52
Troika

I'm still pretty confused with the anime Myself.

Spoiler:

What did annoy me though
Spoiler:

Still a great series to kill time to though.
Old 2006-07-12, 21:48   Link #53
Haru27

wooo..... I'm confused. Is Megumi a guy or girl with a altered memory because of the wish. I just got into the manga but i love some spoilers. O, I want to read the manga but i was wondering if a website allows you to read manga with out buying the books like the spectrum does. How much would it cost to buy the the manga seies total? I also love gender bender stories. Is Cheeky angel and ranma the only ones? Btw, If you somehow changed into a girl and adopt the natural female instinicts that would not make you Homesexual because your attract to the oppisite gender. Now if you still have your original instinicts after transformation, that would make you homosexual.
Old 2006-07-13, 01:44   Link #54
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

If you're confused, please remember what powers the demon demonstrated. In all the wishes it granted, all it did was mess with people's minds. It is safe to say that it doesn't have the power to change Megumi's gender. She was a girl from the beginning and the demon only changed her and Miki's memory.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-07-14, 11:42   Link #55
dieseltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
If you're confused, please remember what powers the demon demonstrated. In all the wishes it granted, all it did was mess with people's minds. It is safe to say that it doesn't have the power to change Megumi's gender. She was a girl from the beginning and the demon only changed her and Miki's memory.
what u are saying is correct. mike and megumi were always girls.
Old 2006-07-14, 12:39   Link #56
Haru27

yea i just watch some episode on you tube i realised what your saying is true. I just wish people released episodes much faster on youtube and/or released it in the states. "I don't have the power to change nature" was one of the lines that i kinda realised that there were girls from day one that i read some spoilers just to help clear the plot line tho. I still enjoy the her life from there out. Once i'm finished watch the first 25 episodes plus read some manga i'm going to write or think about a fanfiction (cause its seems thats not that popular.)
Old 2006-07-14, 12:54   Link #57
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru27
(cause its seems thats not that popular.)
Not so much that it isn't popular but more the case that the manga is something like 7 years old.
Old 2006-07-14, 13:02   Link #58
Haru27

that may be true, but ranma is like what 20 years old? That that to me is great o and thanx for helping get my last 5 episodes.
Old 2009-07-09, 11:30   Link #59
dieseltrain

i heard a special extra story was released later in shonen jump taking place a few months after the events at the end of the manga, and i can't seem to find it? anyone seen it? care to share it?
Closed Thread