AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-02, 09:32   Link #21
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Wow, that flaming leg hit barely fazed Doflamingo. Hope Sanji can put up a fight that lasts more than one chapter (and hopefully not get shredded off-panel).
Old 2013-10-02, 09:33   Link #22
Principalities

R.I.P. Sanji! There is no way he can take down Doflamingo.
Old 2013-10-02, 10:36   Link #23
mrShady

With Brooke, Nami, Chopper and even Law there they should have a chance to hold Doflamingo off, but with Fujitora as well they don't have a lot of time.
Awesome entry by Sanji and great crew reactions, Brooke cracked me up.

With Zoro at the coliseum and itching for a fight might he get mixed up with Diamante?

I'm loving the fanboy comments from Barto, this way Oda can hype up our heroes without it actually being official.

Last edited by mrShady; 2013-10-02 at 10:38. Reason: forgot something
Old 2013-10-02, 11:39   Link #24
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I don't think it's Sanji's intention to defeat Doflamingo. His priority is to ensure the safety of his crewmates and thus buy them time to get away. But I have a sneaking suspicion he's going to be the "test subject" for Doflamingo to finally explain how his DF ability works.
Old 2013-10-02, 11:44   Link #25
unameit

They mention something about thunder and it doesn't look like nami doing, could it be enel from skypia makes an appearance?
Old 2013-10-02, 11:47   Link #26
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^It's most likely Nami's doing, as reflected by Law's internal thoughts to himself.
Old 2013-10-02, 12:37   Link #27
Tommy
Mr. Prince

This is a good point in the story for one of the monster trio to get a fair and royal beat down. Sorry sanji! Or the straw hats and law could tag team doflo, that would be a pretty formidable tag team.
Old 2013-10-02, 12:51   Link #28
bigdeal000
malefic

This finally confirms the speculation of Fujitora using gravity. Also, I just noticed, but people are "flying" and fighting in the air. I know this happened in the war as well, but this is the first time it involves the SH directly. More like this please Although they are predictable and short, I love to death scenes where 2 people fly around punching eachother and smashing into buildings (superman & other western stuff). Heck, air battle is awesome, never thought I'll see it again in One Piece
Old 2013-10-02, 13:32   Link #29
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Is doflo a devil fruit user? If so, I think had sanji got the drop on him from above and hit him into the ocean this fight could of been over, hell that might of been what he was aiming for. Also law could just grab him and teleport him into the ocean, then get rescued by a straw hat.
Old 2013-10-02, 14:35   Link #30
marvelB

Nice, so we finally get the name of that gas mask gunman dude from Dofla's crew (as well as a good look at his SSJ hair )! Gladius sounds like an awesome name, too. I really want to see Usopp take him on, but that probably won't be the case (since we can't even be sure that guns are his main weapon).....

Anyways, the more I hear about Violet's power, the more broken as heck it sounds! So apparently her clairvoyance can extend to 4000 kilometers? Or is that another Panda error? Or if not, could this be yet another of Oda's own errors (like Hody throwing the water bullet several hundred kilometers a couple arcs back)? Alas, such issues that pop up when we have unreliable translations at hand......

Oh, and of course Barto's fanboyishness is as awesome as usual. As for the ministory, Caribou's just digging his own grave even deeper and deeper.....
Old 2013-10-02, 16:08   Link #31
Casshern

Time for the Lovecook to fry some flamengo! (in my dreams)
Old 2013-10-02, 16:10   Link #32
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, and of course Barto's fanboyishness is as awesome as usual.
It's funny how he considers Zoro to be the first-mate/vice captain of the crew. What a way for Oda to mess with the fans, seeing as how he still hasn't confirmed Zoro to be the first-mate.
Old 2013-10-02, 16:31   Link #33
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It's funny how he considers Zoro to be the first-mate/vice captain of the crew. What a way for Oda to mess with the fans, seeing as how he still hasn't confirmed Zoro to be the first-mate.

Well to be fair, Barto clearly pointed out that Zoro was first mate/vice captain in his opinion. Though I guess that won't matter in the face of the more delusional fans.

(On a side note, I personally always felt that Nami was more of a vice-captain than Zoro due to her usually being the one the crew consults with whenever they go sailing to the next island (not just in terms of navigation but also stuff like money and daily necessities), but that's just me).

Also, I'm sort of wondering if the swordsmen duo will have a run-in with VA Bastille since they're standing right in front of the colosseum? I mean, there were a bunch of marines hanging around there before, so I don't think it would be strange if Bastille were to see through Zoro's disguise and attack, should he still be around there.....
Old 2013-10-02, 16:44   Link #34
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Also, I'm sort of wondering if the swordsmen duo will have a run-in with VA Bastille since they're standing right in front of the colosseum? I mean, there were a bunch of marines hanging around there before, so I don't think it would be strange if Bastille were to see through Zoro's disguise and attack, should he still be around there.....
I've been contemplating over this myself. VA Bastille is not to be overlooked. He may actually be Zoro's true opponent for this arc (the VAs need more exposure, after all). I think it's safe to say Zoro will contend with him or Pica at this point.
Old 2013-10-02, 18:17   Link #35
danielevo

Great Chapter !

BLack Leg Sanji, the one from the Luffy crew who will messing with the Goverment the most.. I think its really going to happen seeing how sanji always be the first one who face the strong enemy from WG for all this time... From enice loby until now...
Old 2013-10-02, 19:11   Link #36
JonSnow

Well I hope Sanji can buy the sunny team enough time to escape. After that, he can just dive into the water, since Doflamingo's a df user. It's better to face the fighting bull fish than Joker.

It would be also nice if Sanji ends up pushing Joker to get serious. That way we can see him fight seriously and reveal his df powers and weaknesses. The sunny team should be able to help Sanji a little, since Jora's already tied up with kairoseki chains.
Old 2013-10-02, 20:52   Link #37
marvelB

Quote:
I've been contemplating over this myself. VA Bastille is not to be overlooked. He may actually be Zoro's true opponent for this arc (the VAs need more exposure, after all). I think it's safe to say Zoro will contend with him or Pica at this point.

Speaking of people we shouldn't overlook, we shouldn't rule out the possibility of CP0 getting involved in the upcoming battles, either. And considering that their intro clearly stated that they were the "world's strongest intelligence agency", who knows how crazy powerful those guys could be (just imagine if they were all about 5 times as strong as pre-skip Lucci! ).....
Old 2013-10-02, 22:23   Link #38
7runks
SSJ7
*IT Support

About Sanji, In real life, chefs are notorious, I'd say more than any other popular profession, on the Sanji recruiting arc it showed that too, that restaurant was composed by gangsters, Sanji is tough, however will be bit too much if he beats Doflamingo. I'm pretty certain he can hold Doflamingo off until others think of something else..
Old 2013-10-03, 00:36   Link #39
wombface
Honorary Junior Deputy

Quote:
Not happening. Like paradox13 said, that wouldn't make any sense whatsoever given how the monster trio has been maintained since its inception in the story. Sanji is and always will be amongst the top 3 strongest in the crew. Oda's not going to deviate from this.
I don't see why not. As far as I can tell we might get a couple more in the crew so why not have 1 be really strong? watching the weaker SH members fight is funny sometimes, but after a while it gets annoying with their abstract abilities. If two more weak/medium fighters get added, the monster trio will get bogged down just keeping them alive rather than doing the badassery they usually are up to.

Quote:
Speaking of people we shouldn't overlook, we shouldn't rule out the possibility of CP0 getting involved in the upcoming battles, either. And considering that their intro clearly stated that they were the "world's strongest intelligence agency", who knows how crazy powerful those guys could be (just imagine if they were all about 5 times as strong as pre-skip Lucci! ).....
Hahaha they are NOW, since CP9 has been destroyed...

Last edited by wombface; 2013-10-03 at 00:46.
Old 2013-10-03, 01:42   Link #40
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombface View Post
I don't see why not. As far as I can tell we might get a couple more in the crew so why not have 1 be really strong? watching the weaker SH members fight is funny sometimes, but after a while it gets annoying with their abstract abilities. If two more weak/medium fighters get added, the monster trio will get bogged down just keeping them alive rather than doing the badassery they usually are up to.

I think the point is more along the lines of exactly why the Straw-Hats need another new member who's on the same level as the monster trio or beyond at this point (putting aside Jinbei, who's not even joining them until later anyway). They haven't had a lot of trouble in the NW so far, so is it really so urgent to add some random new strong person yet? And that's not even counting that the crew quite recently (in-universe, at least) came out of two years of training. It's WAY too early to consider such things like a power-up or random monster-level person joining when we still don't have a good grasp on the full extent of the current crew's abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombface View Post
Hahaha they are NOW, since CP9 has been destroyed...

Correction: Lucci's generation of CP9 was destroyed. We already saw the next generation of CP9 in training during one of the cover ministories. But seeing as CP0's jurisdiction seems to be solely in the New World/Mariejois, I think it's safe to say that those guys were ALWAYS stronger than CP9 (and again, I doubt their intro would label them as the "word's strongest intelligence" if that weren't the case).
Closed Thread