AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-10-10, 19:44   Link #61
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Hmmmm. Okay, I'll give it a look see. *nods* Still trying to get the hang of things, but yeah, I'm working up to getting the Braton to replace my starter rifle.

Also, my Lato is getting a bit of a workout. This is probably because I found a mod card for +15% Fire damage, which I managed to fusion up to +30% damage...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 08:30   Link #62
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Mods are pretty much the life blood of upgrading in Warframe. when you pickup some skill mods for the Excalibur I suggest only using slash-dash and Radical Javelin and leaving the other 2 skills (radical blind and super jump) out as they are pretty situational and mostly redundant.

Instead use the mod capacity points you saved from fitting them on other more useful mods like Vitality and redirection.

For Excalibur Slash-dash is pretty much a key skill and is useful for an opening attack to get you within melee range, you can also use it to escape being swarmed or to clear gaps too large to jump across.

Radical Javelin is best used in close quarters when your in amongst multiple enemies. I've found it pretty effective to slash-dash into a large group of enemies and then hit them with the Javelin as some will still be stunned by your initial attack.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 09:29   Link #63
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

*nods* Good point...

I've gotten a Braton and am levelling it like crazy (for some weird reason, in the last few games I've been in, I've been getting more kills than everyone lol). Excalibur I'm only carrying slash dash; I've got a Vitality card, a Stamina mod and a Shield recharge mod so I'm using those.

Love the Braton. I wish the damage was a bit higher and that the stats would get better with each level, but man it's great at mowing down targets. I'm probably gonna solo the Mercury stages later in order to max it out.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-11, 09:33   Link #64
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

You can get damage boosting mods that will up the damage and using fusion (as you mentioned previous) will let you boost those mods further although as I'm sure you've noticed it costs credits to fuse several together but note they don't need to be the same mod and you can combine them with fusion cores as well.

If you can get into a good group I'd suggest giving the defence missions a go as they will help you level much quicker than simply solo'ing stages yourself.

Old 2013-10-11, 18:59   Link #65
KBTKaiser

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...der=true&gid=0

People might find this drop list useful for hunting specific mods.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 09:49   Link #66
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Yep, definitely giving it a read.

Managed to get an IAHGames Braton with custom skin... after I'd already bought a Braton. Derp. Well, I sold my untater'ed Braton, kept my tater'ed Braton (which is now like Level 28 I think) and my Excalibur is now maxed at Level 30. (What next should I do with it?)

Picked up a mod card that says it adds 40 percent to shields, but actually added only 40 points. A little disappointing... but meh, I have shield recharge at +90% and Slash Dash maxed so I can survive, lol. At this point, taking advantage of my Excalibur's polarity, I've got Slash Dash maxed, and I think I'm relatively decently kitted out. Still in the market for some elemental damage mods for my Braton, lol.

Got a Cronus all smithed up so I equipped it and then went about my merry way. Did some survival missions, did a Nightmare Mobile defense at Mercury (I think; need to double check) and survived 15 waves with a pretty good pugger team. They pretty much were carrying, though I'd like to think I did contribute, by spamming Slash Dash into enemy spawns. I find Slash Dash to be pretty damn useful; I basically now use my rifle for single targets at range, Slash Dash groups, and rinse and repeat. Anything I see and charge at, I kill. Despite maybe less than 10 actual melee kills, my Cronus is now at Level 10 purely from leaked exp. Sweeet. XD

That said, I need to remember to not use Slash Dash going downhill, as I end up flying over the heads of everyone.

Also, doing a Tenno Kick seems to be a faster way of travel than sliding. That said, I like sliding into a combat zone and letting my Braton rip - really do feel like a badass.

...and I think part of why I've been performing so well on Defense missions is because I've had Guren no Yumiya, aka the Attack on Titan theme, playing on repeat. ^_^;;

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-13, 10:51   Link #67
KBTKaiser

For the record, the shield/health mods work off of a warframe's unranked shield/health values, so it's kind of a different scale than normal.
Old 2013-10-13, 10:59   Link #68
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Ah. Gotcha.

Went on a bit of a building spree, making gear to be carried (that I know not how to use ) and rifles. Got a Burston that I'm building up to (well, need to grind the credits for it). Just maxed out my Excalibur and Braton.

This game is surprisingly fun. I'm regretting not playing earlier.

Just did a nightmare mission and got Focused Energy, which grants +10% Charge time and +10% Electrical. Will that stack with another +10% electrical mod card?

Also, suggestions on a good pistol to replace my Lato?

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-13, 13:33   Link #69
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Haven't played this in awhile but if you want a solid easy to get pistol, the Lex is a good pistol to use. It's basically the desert eagle for warframe, high accuracy, high powered but slow rof so you'll rarely run out of ammo with it.

For late game, Kunai is one of the stronger side arms to use due to it being able to ignore armor of high level mobs and high rate of fire but sniping with it can be difficult and kunai have an erratic bullet drop.
Old 2013-10-13, 14:38   Link #70
KBTKaiser

the seer pistol dropped by Vor on Mercury has beat out the Lex for DPS with maxed mods and such nowadays
Old 2013-10-13, 16:21   Link #71
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Also as mentioned on the page previous Duel boltos are pretty boss but they take a fair bit of time to craft.

At the minute I'm running duel vastos that are pretty cool though I haven't really had a chance to level them up so they don't perform quite as well as the boltos.

Old 2013-10-13, 20:22   Link #72
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So tl;dr, when it comes to good pistols, I'm spoiled for choice. XD

Braton's at level 30 now, completely maxed, and I'm working my way towards the Boltor... For now, I'm going to grind credits to forge a Burston, because I need another gun to tide me over until I unlock Mars and can farm Salvage to make a Boltor. I am getting tempted to drop down some platinum though, just so I can get some of the materials I need for the Boltor. <.<

Still kinda debating whether I want to go with a Lex or a Bolto as my next pistol...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-13, 21:43   Link #73
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Speaking of platinum I logged on the other day and had 50 platinum appear out of thin air, which is odd as I've never spent cash on warframe....

No idea where it came from ? an event maybe ?

Still I noticed the new scarf things came out in the last update so I dropped the free platinum on one of those. However they hadn't patched them at the time, and it never gave you a preview of them on your frame like it does now. Which would have been handy for me as the one I bought doesn't really look like it was modeled right for the Excalibur and is constantly glitching out and clipping through Excalibur's model...

Old 2013-10-13, 22:08   Link #74
KBTKaiser

oh, there was a compensation due to screwed up loot tables when Update 10 hit.
Old 2013-10-13, 23:02   Link #75
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, I'm kinda happy to have revived this thread, lol.

Apparently you get daily login bonuses for up to 7 days in a row, then they stop coming but start again after a gap of a day... Also had that 50 free platinum, so I dropped it down on some neurodes (IIRC) for the Burston. In hindsight, I really should have gotten Salvage instead so I could forge the Boltor.

I've decided I'll just go and drop US$10 on some platinum to get raw materials and make my grind just a little easier; I really like the Braton, but I'm starting to see the limits of it's ability...

Question: Boltor rounds have travel time and aren't hitscan - does that mean that lag will affect them? Because I have been having some lag issues where I'll empty about 10 or so Braton rounds into a Grineer's head, and then he'll die a few seconds later.

Also built some Gear just before I left for work this morning, so now I gotta figure out how to deploy Gear. Would be useful in defense missions....

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-14, 12:36   Link #76
KBTKaiser

spending platinum for resources is wasteful.

it's better spent for weapon/warframe slots
Weapon slots are 2 for 12 platinum
Warframe slots are 1 for 20 platinum...at least, if I remember correctly.
Old 2013-10-14, 14:26   Link #77
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Indeed after a while you'll end up with more resources than you know what to do with so spending actual cash on them isn't really necessary, its just the flow of materials is slow to start off with.

At the moment I build weapons simply for the sake of it because I have all the resources just "laying about" doing nothing, now that I mention it I just built that massive claymore looking sword the day it came out simply because I could...

Its also awesome.

Old 2013-10-14, 18:54   Link #78
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Good points on all the above, but I did want a head start on the Boltor, and I'm still stuck on Earth, haven't unlocked Mars yet

Was running Nightmare defense of Kiliken last night and ended up with Lethal Torrent and Wildfire mods, which I'm pretty happy about. XD

Also, since I had 200 mod cards I started selling the excess cards that I wasn't using (I have 1 maxed out Slash Dash, I don't need another 25 of them! ) Kept all my cores though.

I really like Excalibur, it's very viable as a starting Warframe. Have gotten Banshee Systems and Banshee Chassis blueprints, as well as a blueprint for the Avalon helmet. Now I just need to grind my way to victory... and maybe purchase an affinity booster to boost my Boltor a bit.

Picked up the Ether Daggers blueprint, wiped out my credits again, but at least I've got something else to work up to once my Cronus is maxed. Also now running with Aklato dual pistols. Here's to hoping that the Boltor's rounds can punch through the troll helmets Corpus Crewmen wear... next pistol I'll probably work to is the Lex for longrange sniping to complement my Boltor, then the Bolto and Akbolto.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-10-14 at 22:27.
Old 2013-10-15, 11:01   Link #79
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So I picked up my Boltor from the foundry at about 10.30pm my time, almost 1 hour 30 minutes ago. My reaction to this rifle is a combination of "Say hello to my little friend,", mixed with "Now I have a machine gun, HO HO HO!" with a shot of "CRY SOME MORE!

It's glorious ridiculous fun. XD It fucking sounds like a meaty LMG should sound like. I'm never selling this gun. Definitely going to use Forma on it. Don't get me wrong I liked my Braton, but this, this blows it outta the water!

Of course, gotta get used to having to aim and lead my targets again, lol; the Braton was a really accurate hitscan gun.

Also, in 1 hour 30 minutes it went from being Unranked to Level 18. Daaaaaaamn.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-15, 11:21   Link #80
KBTKaiser

very few things are in line with Boltor rifle and Bolto/Akbolto pistols. The next closest thing is like the bows.

Tags
cyborg, fps, ninja