AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-10, 09:30   Link #41
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Blar! A long-haired, proactive girl named Osana Najimi, who's actually childhood friends with a guy? Needless to say, my moe meter on this series is on OVER overload, lol!

And hey, it highly reminds me of Comic Party, which is a series I adore to death (Revolution especially is teh win IMO). That said though, the first eps hasn't impressed me as much as other shows this season. And while it's too early to tell, I really don't see how this show would arise from all others this season.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 14:10   Link #42
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 2:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 15:15   Link #43
Karnot
Banned

Well, i was right, they droped the "waking up" chapter altogether.
And looking at the screens - seems like second episode will be rather plain as well...
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 16:48   Link #44
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Re:ep 2
Spoiler:

:-P
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 16:59   Link #45
Fruitfly

How old are the characters? Justice looks maybe 20+ but the girls look like they're around 14 or younger.
Fruitfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 17:41   Link #46
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i guess around 16 ^.^
ep 2 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 17:52   Link #47
Orrin
Sumika Kagami Fanboy

Spoiler for episode 2:
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 18:14   Link #48
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for Episode 2:

I wish it becomes 24 minutes soon. The reason it's 12 minutes is because of the little bonus afterwards (something about the seiyuu drawing doujinshi), right?
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 18:49   Link #49
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for Episode 2:

I wish it becomes 24 minutes soon. The reason it's 12 minutes is because of the little bonus afterwards (something about the seiyuu drawing doujinshi), right?
Yep yep. One half Doujin Work, one half working on a doujin.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 21:59   Link #50
ZeRoGravity

I can't believe there were no epic facial expression like the "Don't get cocky punk!" scene. Those expressions from the manga is one of the reason that made it amusing for me.

I found the first episode rather boring and that goes with the bgm. Hopefully that will change.
Old 2007-07-11, 04:16   Link #51
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Well, I haven't read anything from the manga, but I hear alot of people that the manga was better.

Although the 1st ep. lasted for only 14 mins, it was hilarious. I enjoyed every bit of it.
(I follow the subs so I haven't seen ep.2)
Old 2007-07-11, 05:42   Link #52
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1

Goddamn, that was awesome. I haven't read a great deal of Hiroyuki's stuff, but what I have read generally makes me seriously lol, and I have to say the same about this. Sure, it wasn't exceptional, but it did everything right, as far as comedy is concerned, and most of the jokes hit the right mark. The train sequence in particular was genius!

I think I'm going to enjoy this series...

Edit: And hooray for an ED sequence with dancing in it. That kind of reminds me of High School Girls, which I'd almost argue doesn't have a dissimilar style of humour to this (even though they dealt with totally different topics)
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 08:11   Link #53
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Very good first episode and funny
Spoiler for episode 1:
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 08:50   Link #54
GriS

Episode 1 - As a whole, it's kind of flat but the setting in comiket got me interested. I never get tired of it. Think of genshiken, lucky star and NHK, all has comiket scene and are among my favourites.

As for ED, it's all backs, not comparable to joshikousei ED, and the highly rated lucky star OP and haruhi ED. Nevertheless, as long as it features comiket regularly, im up for next episodes.

I wouldn't want it to air in full half hour as I feel it will be dragging on with its flatness. 12 mins is just right.
GriS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 10:24   Link #55
Kai1
watashi wa L desu~

I watched ep1 and it was very to my liking. It certainly had some funny parts like "yuri ja nai!" -.-
I heard that although the anime is 12 mins or so, there is some live action with the same length. Is it any good and what's the live action about (for those who're better in japanese)?
Kai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 19:58   Link #56
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Hmmm well the first episode was cute enough only problem was I have and will always dislike half length episodes. *grumble*

Ah well ill try not to let it interfere too much with my enjoyment of this one. Id say tsuyuri in and of herself is enough to keep me watching.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 23:08   Link #57
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Having a character named Osana Najimi means this is worth watching no matter what! Either that, or it's just a really cheap pun. Oh well, I liked it.

Full impressions here.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 01:28   Link #58
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
People can also see My Summary And Thoughts as well.

Just in case there was any doubt, this show is a definite keeper for me. I love the concept behind this series enough, but the comedy is good too for something so short.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 19:58   Link #59
Archuka
A territory most absolute

I really enjoyed the first episode.

The comedy just pushes all the right buttons for me and we didn't meet any annoying characters or characters with annoying voices so far (the tiny living bloomer...thing is weird, though).

The highlights of the episode were of course the train scene, Najimi trying to sell the book and the scene where the announcer tells Najimi to get off the table as it's dangerous to stand on it. Oh, and the Panty Revolution!

Also, it really seems like Hiroyuki has a thing for lolis and bloomers.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-17, 07:37   Link #60
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
How old are the characters? Justice looks maybe 20+ but the girls look like they're around 14 or younger.
I haven't read the manga, but I'd guess 18-19 (since Najimi talks about taking drawing classes "back at school", and they're old enough to shop in the H section at Toronoana but not - judging by ep 2 - old enough to legally drink).

The humour in this show appeals to me, even if it is a bit overdone. I agree with those who've picked up a Joshikousei vibe, particularly in the very catchy ED - incidentally, the singer Mizuhashi Mai is only 15 and also sang the Hitohira ED.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen