AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-10-27, 03:37   Link #441
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Just a note because I saw someone commenting (complaining?) about it, but I spelled "Nikora" as "Nicolas" because I'm pretty sure like all the Celestial spirit names, it's an astronomical reference. Specifically Nicolas Louis de Lacaille, a well-known French astronomer who wrote one of the best catalog of star constellations.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 03:41   Link #442
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Haha, maybe it's just me but when I heard the book's title, Daybreak, I immediately felt like burning it as well, cause it sounds like a Twilight book.
To the pyre!

Best moment for me was the nin-nin part, just epic
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 04:22   Link #443
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe View Post
I wonder why that guy likes the /ugly/ maids. Looking forward to the next ep.
Some people just have different tastes to what they find beautiful.
Old 2009-10-27, 04:29   Link #444
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I'll just have to throw it out here ...

Why is Plue there .. ? Like.. seriously. ( Well this probably is stupid question since no one seemed to question it before .. )
Old 2009-10-27, 04:37   Link #445
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, it's common for authors to use old characters (see CLAMP) in new series, think of Plue as a cameo...unless his carrot nose can pierce through the core of the planet.
Old 2009-10-27, 08:05   Link #446
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
I'll just have to throw it out here ...

Why is Plue there .. ? Like.. seriously. ( Well this probably is stupid question since no one seemed to question it before .. )
IIRC, Plue is pretty much the first character Mashima ever drew. As such he has enough attachment to Plue to put him in his works in some capacity or another.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 10:01   Link #447
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Ah, well that explains it. Just that, I didn't know Mashima was also the author of Fairy Tail. I suspected it though, .. not sure why I didn't I confirm it myself from wikipedia though.
Old 2009-10-27, 10:42   Link #448
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's looking better and better each ep passes. Both the voice acting and the animation. Seems like when the fight gets more intense and chaos, they will cut "magic circle" animation. I don't really hate it, but you know, if you keep seeing it for 10 eps, then it'll be annoying, so if they choose this approach, I'd be happy.

Natsu is a kind of guy who think and act directly, but he sure has brain.
Old 2009-10-27, 11:39   Link #449
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, he's more like Naruto than Luffy in that he can actually devise a plan to defeat an enemy...although his voice reminds me of Hijikata from Gintama :P
Quote:
they will cut "magic circle" animation.
I only really want two to be cut: Natsu's mouth and Gray's hands, simply because they don't feel as natural as having them below their feet like a casual magic circle.
Old 2009-10-27, 12:42   Link #450
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
To the pyre!

Best moment for me was the nin-nin part, just epic
haha yea the nin-nin part was epic indeed, espeically after coming from what he just did prior

what caught me off was the end with preview and stuff, Mira-chan totally made me laugh my arse off!

Boyoyoyoyoyo!

which also reminds me to say I'm starting to like the ED, was so fond of it at first but tos growing on me
Old 2009-10-27, 17:07   Link #451
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Hmm...interesting. So i began reading the manga and as someone pointed out, the anime is a bit less violent in terms of showing blood etc.

I wonder how they'll adapt some of the future chapters. Anyway, this is a very fun series...i couldn't stop myself from reading the chapters haha
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 17:55   Link #452
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
It's looking better and better each ep passes. Both the voice acting and the animation. Seems like when the fight gets more intense and chaos, they will cut "magic circle" animation. I don't really hate it, but you know, if you keep seeing it for 10 eps, then it'll be annoying, so if they choose this approach, I'd be happy.

Natsu is a kind of guy who think and act directly, but he sure has brain.
I dont recall any of that magic circle stuff in he manga, except when a circle was relevant to the magic.

The only issue I have is that it is pacing itself VERY quickly. It needs to slow down on some of the stuff.

Othler than that I am happy. Erza in a few weeks!
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 17:56   Link #453
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
The only issue I have is that it is pacing itself VERY quickly. It needs to slow down on some of the stuff.
I don't see why it needs to slow down, i mean if you slowed down this adaptation it would be going at a slower pace then the manga. They're adapting the material quite well, and at a decent speed which matches the source material.
Old 2009-10-27, 18:05   Link #454
alu546
y prime

Indeed, but the manga starts slowing down after everyone gets introduced, and I really dont want that to carry over.

I suppose since the first few chapters were around 40 pages each its ok. But the longer arcs in the manga that start a little later are definatly not that fast.
Old 2009-10-27, 18:08   Link #455
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Indeed, but the manga starts slowing down after everyone gets introduced, and I really dont want that to carry over.

I suppose since the first few chapters were around 40 pages each its ok. But the longer arcs in the manga that start a little later are definatly not that fast.
Seeing as though the pacing for the adaptation is doing the manga justice, i should hope that will carry on when the manga slows down. I don't see why not anyway.
Old 2009-10-27, 19:09   Link #456
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ahah episode 3 was great .
UGLY MAID POWAAAA ! (but i take Lucy in maid )
Plue ? omg another weird summons .
Yeah nin-nin ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 19:57   Link #457
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

happy is clearly my favorite cat of the year
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 20:38   Link #458
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:

From the manga thread, people were complaining about how the pacing is so slow after everyone is introduced. I feel fine with the current pace of the anime. If you pay attention while watching, I don't really see any problem in the pacing.

And I read the manga, so I know about the magic circle thingy.
Old 2009-10-27, 21:21   Link #459
alu546
y prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
From the manga thread, people were complaining about how the pacing is so slow after everyone is introduced. I feel fine with the current pace of the anime. If you pay attention while watching, I don't really see any problem in the pacing.

And I read the manga, so I know about the magic circle thingy.
Well I dont get the complaints, maybe I am just used to uber slow manga and the pacing doesnt bother me much.

Im not asking for a DBZ like slowdown, but alot of stuff is happening without any transition. If I werent a weekly reader, I wouldnt get what was going on in the anime and have stopped by now. Thats just me though.
Old 2009-10-27, 22:03   Link #460
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Well I dont get the complaints, maybe I am just used to uber slow manga and the pacing doesnt bother me much.

Im not asking for a DBZ like slowdown, but alot of stuff is happening without any transition. If I werent a weekly reader, I wouldnt get what was going on in the anime and have stopped by now. Thats just me though.
I didn't read the manga prior to the first two episodes and enjoyed these first two episodes a lot. I find nothing wrong with the pacing. It's the beginning. The jobs are easy. This is the kind of pace i expect for a beginning if it wants to go more into depth about the characters later on (which it does).
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen