AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-11-22, 22:40   Link #1
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Nanoha Cross-over Discussion Thread

Nanoha Crossover thread.

This thread is meant to discuss the merits of crossing over various series with Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of doing the crossover(s) in question.

As for fanfiction and fanart, we can do what's been done with the OCT (Original Character Topic) and cross-post them.

Enjoy and have fun.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 08:51   Link #2
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
This thread is meant to discuss the merits of crossing over various series with Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of doing the crossover(s) in question.
Oh, good ideas.

In the case of Naruto, one of the strengths of a potential crossover is that Naruto's planet isn't Earth, and the source of the spiritual half of chakra (as opposed to the physical half produced by the body) is not so well-defined that it can't be attributed to a Linker Core.

On the other hand, Fate Stay Night presents a number of difficulties if you know enough about the Nasuverse's cosmology. Namely, that death as we know it only exists on Earth, and no form of life outside of Earth would resemble humanity.

Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 2011-11-24 at 11:15.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 15:32   Link #3
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Or how well the TSAB will blend with the Earth Federation from some versions of the Gundamverse? Most of the main cast in Nanoha is perfectly capable of slaughtering conventional mobile suits en masse but some of the special Gundam reach ridiculous power levels(in some instances they're even trated as godlike beings xDU).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 15:35   Link #4
Sunder the Gold

Right, but let's save further discussion of the subject for when the thread is actually created.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 23:49   Link #5
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Wow! we finally have the thread xD!

Well, what's gonna be the first crossover to be discussed? Aside of the usuals(Card Captor Sakura, Madoka Magica, Slayers, Sailor Moon, Fate/Stay Night, etc...) there's also various other options unexplored.

I'll find interesting a Crossover with Shakugan no Shana, i wonder how well the Aces will do in battle against Crimson Denizens and Flame Hazes, most of them are not as flashy as our beloved mages/knights but some individuals have some unique broken abilities and a few more have outright godlike powers..

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-24, 00:19   Link #6
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
What about Call of Duty? I have a pic about first MW parody with Nanoha characters. Here

Spoiler:
Old 2011-11-24, 01:15   Link #7
Laevatein

I've had a Nanoha/Justice League (animated) crossover percollating at the back of my mind for a while. Not sure if I'll ever get around to writing it, although I would be interested in seeing RF6 vs the Justice League (individual matchups: Nanoha vs Superman, Subaru vs Flash, Teana vs Batman, Signum vs Wonder Woman, Vita vs Hawkgirl, Fate vs Green Lantern, Erio/Caro vs Martian Manhunter).

In the meantime, there's the Takamachi Nanoha of 2814 universe...
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 01:43   Link #8
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ All of the fights are well tought save for Subaru Vs. Flash and Erio/Caro VS. Martian Manhunter, those two leaguers are too powerfull in comparission with their oppopnents.

Nanoha have a good chance against Superman because of the latter's vulnerability to magic, Teana VS. Batman will be a pretty kickass fight, Signum compensates her lack of power in front of Amazon Diana's godly strenght with her swordswoman skill and simple-yet-powerfull defensive/offensive spells, Vita VS. Shayera will be a bloodfest full of GAR-ness and Fate will open Gren Lantern a new one thanks to her YELLOW powers xD!

....of course until the true villain reveals himself and the two heroic teams fight togheter, maybe exchanging opponents to cover their weaknesses. RF6 Curbstomps the Secret Society while the Justice League anhilates the Huckebein as only Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl are at a notorious disadvantage against the Hucks(well, Batman too ...but he's Batman after all xD), Superman and Jhonn alone can curbstomp the entire family by themselves and they still have Green Lanter and Flash xD.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-24, 02:07   Link #9
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
But anime girls always lose to tentacles (rope)

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 02:25   Link #10
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Or how well the TSAB will blend with the Earth Federation from some versions of the Gundamverse? Most of the main cast in Nanoha is perfectly capable of slaughtering conventional mobile suits en masse but some of the special Gundam reach ridiculous power levels(in some instances they're even trated as godlike beings xDU).
Me: Only at planet side Akiyoshi...
Odin: Unless they got spacesuits on, they're not gonna last in the final stage of every Gundam wars. Space.
Reia: Take it from me, It's extremely easy to get lost and die in space in a spacesuit.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 02:36   Link #11
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
But anime girls always lose to tentacles (rope)
Reacted Dividers will be more likely capable of dealing with Wonder Woman's magical lasso as also with her bracelets and the rest of her magic equipement, apparently Hawkgirl's mace is also mystical in nature so probably it also will be somewhat ineffective against the strongest Hucks, probably works with Veyron, maybe Arnage.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-24, 03:04   Link #12
Zero Hurricane

Quote:
Reacted Dividers will be more likely capable of dealing with Wonder Woman's magical lasso as also with her bracelets and the rest of her magic equipement, apparently Hawkgirl's mace is also mystical in nature so probably it also will be somewhat ineffective against the strongest Hucks, probably works with Veyron, maybe Arnage.
What about Madoka and friends against Hucks? Six again six much? Well, once again (from previous post), I give the fight sequence...

1. Kyoko vs Arnage (battle of the reds, skimpy appearance)
2. Sayaka vs Cypha (high regenerative)
3. Mami, with the help of Charlotte vs Stella (Stella, here's your babysitter from hell...)
4. Homura vs DeVille and Veyron (let's see how Vey's Grab Claw and DeVille's Short Jump ability have to deal with Homura's time hax ability,combined Unlimited Firearms Works)
5. Madoka vs Curren (Purity Sue vs Villain Sue)
Old 2011-11-24, 03:16   Link #13
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
1. Kyoko vs Arnage (battle of the reds, skimpy appearance)
2. Sayaka vs Cypha (high regenerative)
3. Mami, with the help of Charlotte vs Stella (Stella, here's your babysitter from hell...)
4. Homura vs DeVille and Veyron (let's see how Vey's Grab Claw and DeVille's Short Jump ability have to deal with Homura's time hax ability,combined Unlimited Firearms Works)
5. Madoka vs Curren (Purity Sue vs Villain Sue)
I haven't watched madoka yet but your description sound good enough to imagine xD

1.- Don't know about Kyoko's powers but i wonder how she will react to Arnage's Australian/Kansai-ben accent xD
2.- I know Sayaka from the only two episodes i've watched of the series i hope she manage to concentrate as Cypha is prone to taunt her opponents, also, while not as good as Signum, Cypha is a skilled swordswoman.
3.- The result will vary, if Stella attacks with her uhm... BIG Divider i don't see much opportunity to Mami's firearm casting powers to make a real change in the tide of the battle.
4.- The Timehax is a powerfull weapon indeed but Homura will need to be a bit more creative with how she takes advantage of it to attack her opponents as they're practically immune to bullets(specially Deville, his armorize special reaction makes him totally invulnerable to gunfire.
5.- Considering Madoka at the end is practically a Godlike being the battle will depend on how Curren takes on the situation as Madoka is arguably an adversary with powers far superior to her Eclipse Driver abilities. Curren's "cunningness" will play a key part in her victory/surviving.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-24, 03:38   Link #14
Zero Hurricane

Quote:
Don't know about Kyoko's powers but i wonder how she will react to Arnage's Australian/Kansai-ben accent xD
Well, her power is she can extend her spear, split into multiple sections, and produce a ball at the end of a chain, which can constrict and hit others at the same time. She also has the ability to put up barriers to protect others or keep them from interfering.

And if they both met, the result is:

Kyoko: Hey, who are you!?
Arnage: Who are you!? And why do you look just like me!? And what the hell, why there are fangs in your mouth!?
Kyoko: It's a sign that you have to appreciate the food you eat. If you think the same with me, come with me!
Arnage: No way! I've got family and I do not want to come with you!
Kyoko: It's a must!
Arnage: NO!

Quote:
I know Sayaka from the only two episodes i've watched of the series i hope she manage to concentrate as Cypha is prone to taunt her opponents, also, while not as good as Signum, Cypha is a skilled swordswoman.
How about psychotic smirk contest? What if Cypha see Sayaka like this?

Spoiler for Here's your "worthy" opponent, Cypha :D:

If Sayaka won, Cypha must admit that she is an second idiot. With this face

Spoiler for I'm such an idiot...:

Quote:
The result will vary, if Stella attacks with her uhm... BIG Divider i don't see much opportunity to Mami's firearm casting powers to make a real change in the tide of the battle.
With Charlotte's "Mami Mogu Mogu" thing (in other words, decapitation), everything is possible!

Quote:
The Timehax is a powerfull weapon indeed but Homura will need to be a bit more creative with how she takes advantage of it to attack her opponents as they're practically immune to bullets(specially Deville, his armorize special reaction makes him totally invulnerable to gunfire
So far she has mastered her ability. If you watch Episode 10, you know how she got that ability and how she mastered it.

Quote:
Considering Madoka at the end is practically a Godlike being the battle will depend on how Curren takes on the situation as Madoka is arguably an adversary with powers far superior to her Eclipse Driver abilities. Curren's "cunningness" will play a key part in her victory/surviving.
At least Curren and her family members should be able to feel the wrath of the Goddess of All Magical Girls. And bring them to the place they deserve. No matter which cunning strategy that Curren do to Madoka, she can never beat Madoka, considering she was already a goddess and personification of what is called hope. The hopes of triumph over evil and despair.

Last edited by Zero Hurricane; 2011-11-24 at 04:02.
Zero Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 04:56   Link #15
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I need to compare Fate Stay Night ranking though...

Saber's A++ anti-fortress Excalibur vs Nanoha's S rank anti-world anti-idiot who won't listen to Nanoha Starlight Breaker or Rider's speed vs Fate's... Or Archer vs Signum (both sword and bow users, except Archer is UBW)...
Old 2011-11-24, 04:56   Link #16
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Getting back to Shakugan no Shana i can foresaw some good matches:

* Shana VS. Nanoha: The Ace of aces have superior firepower but Shana is arguably faster than her on the air an even faster on foot, her sword is unbreakable and, if provoked enough, can even the ground in firepower with flames powerfull and big enough to engulf entire city blocks, she also posses Tempa Jousai as a last resource which consist in summoning Alastor, basically a flame god, to the mortal realm, we're talking about someone around five-to-ten times bigger than Voltaire and hundred times more powerfull(blows up a floating city just by appearing). But Alastor aside it will be an exciting and balanced battle due to Nanoha's genius in battle.

* Margery Daw VS. Fate Testarossa: Margery is a hunter, she's fast, feral and predative in her fightstyle which make a good contrast with Fate's elegant assasin-like attack pattern, Margery is proud to have various mult-fire spells as also is good with incantations to achieve various effects on the battlefield which are akin to her Huntress status and will find a worthy opponent in Fate who is a very adaptable mage able to fight in all ranges and almost all terrains.

* Master of the Throne, Hecate VS. Hayate Yagami: This is a no brainer, both ominious squishy wizards with unholy gargantuan firepower and a more "supporting role" on the battlefield as also both being important/sacred figures to other people.

* Wilhelmina Carmel VS. Signum: Two veteran and clever warriors with a battle-forged stoicness and lots of experience, The Blazing General will prove to be a strong foe to the Master of a thousand Ribbons due to her ability to incinerate Wilhelmina's main weapon, still, Wilhelmina already showed us how well she can deal with flaming swordwielders in her fight with Sabrac. My guess is that both will first try attempts to neutralize the other as quickly as possible, then realizing that the opponent is not an easy prey and in round 2 they will start to analyze each other in search of a weakpoint or an opening. It can go both ways: Signum burns her way to Wilhelmina and fulminates her with a direct sword-slash or Wilhelmina manage to see through Signum attacks and traps her in a myriad of ribbons while crushing her until asfixiating the Knight of the Sword before any possible comeback.

* Serpent of the Festival, Sakai Yuuji VS. Tohma Avenir: The battle of the superpowered emo-kids xD! It will depend if Tohma's Zero Driver powers are enough to seal the Serpent of the Festival, if not, it will be just another easy curbstomp for Yuuji.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-24, 05:04   Link #17
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Shana VS. Nanoha:
Can we have Shana VS. Arisa? The battle of the Tsunderes? XD

Or Even Better: Shana VS. BTF!Arisa.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 05:05   Link #18
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Squishy wizard hell. Hecate would've torn Hayate apart--did you even see her fight with Shana in season 2?
Old 2011-11-24, 05:15   Link #19
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Squishy wizard hell. Hecate would've torn Hayate apart--did you even see her fight with Shana in season 2?
Yup and Hecate carefully avoids receiving any direct hit as she spams Shana and everyone else with her heavy artillery of bombarding spells, it was also asisted by that Demon-looking butler and his cubic hougu called "Magnesia". I agree, tough, that Hecate have a key advantage over Hayate as the Master of the Throne seems to have a pretty good casting speed for her spells in contrast with Hayate's not-so-gifted casting time for her spells xDU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega1987 View Post
Can we have Shana VS. Arisa? The battle of the Tsunderes? XD

Or Even Better: Shana VS. BTF!Arisa.
That sir ...would be awesome xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-24, 05:23   Link #20
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Never mind Hecate could've just cast a Fuzetsu and devoured Hayate. As for dodging Shana's attacks--duh. She's one of the most powerful Flame Hazes in existence, and unlike Yuji, Hecate doesn't have Azure. That doesn't imply her having fragile defenses.