AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-12, 21:54   Link #441
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

If the Admiral ends up being Smoker, he'd have a good chance at winning that fight. Less so for the other Admirals because their abilities are way stronger.
Old 2010-09-12, 22:54   Link #442
Munty192
Life is a Game...

what??? of course luffy have to be admiral level within the 2year space, because as MarvelB mention i think something like that may happen and if the world noble is going to come after luffy, whom do u thing they going to send...Admirals of course, the least vice admiral, i doubt SH crew would spend much time (atleast i hope they don't)on fisherman island, Jinbei isn't so much of a pushover to let slave traders bully him he have a rep as a former Shichibukai, and beside fighting a mer-person underwater isn't so wise. I wonder if OP would take a Pirates of the caribbean Spin and introduce the flying dutchman or atleast a ghost ship (and no Moria doesn't count as it), cuz we have balckbread

and also on the grand there is an island of giants, i wonder if they would also be an island of dwarf??? just curious
Old 2010-09-12, 23:46   Link #443
Slayerx

I don't see Luffy defeating an admiral so soon... when it comes down to it, the admirals are pretty much THE most terrifying force against Luffy; the high majority of forces and pirates he's bound to face in the new world pale in comparison with the only possible exception of the yonkou (of which only 2 are possible enemies) and blackbeard given some time. There is no way he should be ready to actually take one down just as he's about to start out in the new world. I mean if Luffy can take down one of the amdirals so early on then where will be the tension when he has to have a rematch with smoker, goes head to head with Doflamingo, or has a run in with Captain Kidd? If he can take down an admiral then i feel certain he could take down many other foes... Luffy has to grow into these things and work his way up... frankly I kinda of expect Luffy to defeat one of the supernovas and Doflamingo before he finally brings down an admiral

however, taking down an admiral, and escaping from one are two different matters... and that's what i would expect to see. The strawhats having a run in an admiral but having enough strength to fight back enough to give themselves room for escape... just having the strength to escape would be enough to have made all there training worth it
Old 2010-09-13, 01:55   Link #444
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Not really.

You have to consider, that the main area of operation for the admirals is the first half of the grand line and especially the region around marineford.
There aren't supposed to be many marines in the new world, so we most likely won't see any of them in the later part of the story. The enemies from now on should be hostile pirates.
And it didn't look like the admirals go very far from marineford anyways. So I don't see a problem with Luffy's crew beating one. Since they wont follow him, why not dispose of them now?
I think you are underrating marine admirals. Garp who turned down the position for admiral went toe to toe with Gold Roger in his prime. Kizaru obviously had no trouble going toe to toe with Silver's Rayleigh. Its highly unlikely that even after the training that Luffy would be of the calibre to defeat an admiral.

What I would like to see is that Luffy & Co. to be at the fighting strength similar to Claymore's cast after the time skip. The claymore cast had the ability to pretty much defy an abyssal one at a whim. Meaning they could escape with almost 100% certainty. I think we want to see the same from luffy's crew. They should never feel like marine admiral is a threat, unless they choose to counter one head on. As opposed to currently where they were either saved by another (Rayleigh v.s Kizaru), or were spared by the admiral (aokiji)
Old 2010-09-13, 02:03   Link #445
Slayerx

Quote:
You have to consider, that the main area of operation for the admirals is the first half of the grand line and especially the region around marineford.
There aren't supposed to be many marines in the new world, so we most likely won't see any of them in the later part of the story. The enemies from now on should be hostile pirates.
And it didn't look like the admirals go very far from marineford anyways. So I don't see a problem with Luffy's crew beating one. Since they wont follow him, why not dispose of them now?
AS we saw, Akainu followed Blackbeard out to the newworld. Furtharmore we also heard of Smoker getting a transfer to the new world. Hell the only reason Aokiji might have been in the grandline was because he's been keeping tabs on Robin... there really isn't anything that says the admrials are confined to the main HQ, only atleast one to deal with the nobles problems. frankly i think you're really underestimating The admirals... not to mention that with Whitebeard gone, and the new world in chaos this is actually the perfect time for the marines to start getting new ground in the new world
Old 2010-09-13, 02:33   Link #446
Kallen4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I don't see Luffy defeating an admiral so soon... when it comes down to it, the admirals are pretty much THE most terrifying force against Luffy; the high majority of forces and pirates he's bound to face in the new world pale in comparison with the only possible exception of the yonkou (of which only 2 are possible enemies) and blackbeard given some time. There is no way he should be ready to actually take one down just as he's about to start out in the new world. I mean if Luffy can take down one of the amdirals so early on then where will be the tension when he has to have a rematch with smoker, goes head to head with Doflamingo, or has a run in with Captain Kidd? If he can take down an admiral then i feel certain he could take down many other foes... Luffy has to grow into these things and work his way up... frankly I kinda of expect Luffy to defeat one of the supernovas and Doflamingo before he finally brings down an admiral

however, taking down an admiral, and escaping from one are two different matters... and that's what i would expect to see. The strawhats having a run in an admiral but having enough strength to fight back enough to give themselves room for escape... just having the strength to escape would be enough to have made all there training worth it
agreed .. admirals ARE THE top-tier, along with Yonkou and possibly, immediate subordinates of the Yonkou (i.e. WB's commanders, i.e. the 2-nd/3-rd+ strongest of the Yonkou crews besides Yonkou themselves) + the FA

the best I can see is Luffy + crew holding their own against Smoker (if he's admiral) and then escaping after thrashing the World Nobles
Old 2010-09-13, 02:47   Link #447
seiji_kun

Since there's already more then a year passed in OP time, I guess bye now Luffy's able to sleep peacefully. Rayleigh is probably impressed bye Luffy's growth which exceeds any expectation that he had which will result in Luffy returning sooner to AL then planned. (to conceive his love child with Boa which so many people are hoping.)
Old 2010-09-13, 02:59   Link #448
marvelB

No way in hell will Luffy reach admiral-level right after the timeskip. Remember, Rayleigh is only training him in the basics of Haki, not advanced techniques. I strongly doubt that basics alone will be enough to take down a VA-level opponent, let alone an admiral.....

And besides, giving Luffy such a radical power boost would be too cheap anyway, as I've already said (perhaps one too many times, but it's true, dagnabbit! ). One of my biggest gripes about Naruto's skip was that Kishi just about instantly closed the power gap between the main characters and their enemies in the span of a few chapters. I'm fairly confident that Oda will have Luffy and co. reach a reasonable enough level that will undoubtedly make them a force to be reckoned with (i.e. just strong enough to survive the New World), without the need to resort to game-breaking super techniques or whatever......
Old 2010-09-13, 03:13   Link #449
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
AS we saw, Akainu followed Blackbeard out to the newworld. Furtharmore we also heard of Smoker getting a transfer to the new world. Hell the only reason Aokiji might have been in the grandline was because he's been keeping tabs on Robin... there really isn't anything that says the admrials are confined to the main HQ, only atleast one to deal with the nobles problems. frankly i think you're really underestimating The admirals... not to mention that with Whitebeard gone, and the new world in chaos this is actually the perfect time for the marines to start getting new ground in the new world
I think Blackbeard was still in the first half of the grandline, but I do agree with you that marines, especially Admirals, are confined to any one area.
Old 2010-09-13, 05:35   Link #450
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
No way in hell will Luffy reach admiral-level right after the timeskip. Remember, Rayleigh is only training him in the basics of Haki, not advanced techniques. I strongly doubt that basics alone will be enough to take down a VA-level opponent, let alone an admiral.....

And besides, giving Luffy such a radical power boost would be too cheap anyway, as I've already said (perhaps one too many times, but it's true, dagnabbit! ). One of my biggest gripes about Naruto's skip was that Kishi just about instantly closed the power gap between the main characters and their enemies in the span of a few chapters. I'm fairly confident that Oda will have Luffy and co. reach a reasonable enough level that will undoubtedly make them a force to be reckoned with (i.e. just strong enough to survive the New World), without the need to resort to game-breaking super techniques or whatever......
Yeah feel so...
taking up luffy to the highest level as equal to the Admiral level, that would be a good plan to end up one piece sooner....

I think this whole 2 year will just makes luffy and the crew be able to give a 'love slap' to an admiral and while they saving their ass away, would be enough....

Last edited by nicepace; 2010-09-13 at 06:15.
Old 2010-09-13, 06:45   Link #451
Charred Knight

Quote:
Not really.

yeah

I don't think Luffy is going to become strong enough to take on the four emperors right after the time skip. If the Four Emperors where much more powerful than the Admirals than the Pirates would have crushed the marines a long time ago.

Also Oda isn't going to write the marines out of the story, while the story is still about Luffy's quest for One Piece, the story itself has expanded into a massive conflict between Pirates, World Government, and Revolutionaries. Oda's not going to end that conflict during a time skip, that conflict will continue until the end of the series. Akainu is a boss to be defeated near the end of the game, not in the middle.

Keep in mind that theirs still a ton of stories to be told, as Oda continues to explore the World Government and how it should act.
Old 2010-09-13, 08:03   Link #452
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
didn't look tortured

he was also pretty cheerful & perky right after getting out of the cuffs and, like I said, matched Aokiji

even if he was tired - how does that affect fire vs magma debate .. he got hit deliberately, protecting Luffy
No i think he was tortured, just must be the Gol .d blood in him!
Old 2010-09-13, 11:43   Link #453
Blackbeard D. Kuma

The story of One Piece won't be ending anytime soon, and thus that leaves plenty of room for Luffy to still grow. Therefore, he won't be admiral-level immediately after the time skip. That wouldn't make any sense. At most, I see Luffy being shichibukai level (of course, still not as powerful as the elites like Mihawk, Kuma, and Doflamingo).
Old 2010-09-13, 11:48   Link #454
james0246

There's no real Shichibukai level (they are all different levels of strength), so that is kind of a meaningless statement. Rather, I'm going to say that Luffy (and Sanji and Zoro) will be able to take on and defeat a Pacifista by himself after the 2 years of training. I've said for quite a while now that the Pacifistas will be the base-line level of strength for the New World, so it only makes sense, to me, that Luffy and company would be able to deal with at least that level of threat by the time they enter the New World.
Old 2010-09-13, 12:00   Link #455
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
There's no real Shichibukai level (they are all different levels of strength), so that is kind of a meaningless statement.
When I say "shichibukai level", I mean that Luffy would be considered worthy of being a potential candidate. He already has the notoriety; and following the timeskip, he'll at least have the necessary strength to be amongst the shichibukai ranks.
Old 2010-09-13, 12:07   Link #456
james0246

^Moria and Crocodile do not appear to use Haki in their abilities, but both were awarded the title of Shichibukai based solely on their strength...and Luffy beat both of them (whether you consider their defeats legitimate or not, the WG knows that Luffy has the ability to defeat a Shichibukai (that was one of the reasons they sent Kuma to Moria, they were worried that Luffy could defeat another Shichibukai)). Luffy, as he was at the end of Part I, was strong enough for the title. (I'm not trying to start a 'versus' discussion here, I am merely pointing out that the Shichibukai have a very uneven distribution of power - there is a top level to the pseudo-organization, and then there is a bottom level, and Luffy fits in nicely amongst the bottom level.)
Old 2010-09-13, 12:16   Link #457
Kallen4life

Quote:
I am merely pointing out that the Shichibukai have a very uneven distribution of power - there is a top level to the pseudo-organization, and then there is a bottom level, and Luffy fits in nicely amongst the bottom level
this is very true yes

& Moria never really fought a fair 1v1 battle (i.e. without the shadows he's harvested for 10 years prior)

and Croc - if he'd just stayed around to make sure Luffy actually died - TWICE or if Luffy didn't get the antidote the third time ..

on the subject of Croc and his awesomness - Croco D. Ile ... thoughts ? xD

Quote:
Moria and Crocodile do not appear to use Haki in their abilities
neither does Mihawk .. unless when Jozo stopped that slash he used his own armor-haki .. definitely not against Buggy
Old 2010-09-13, 12:20   Link #458
Blackbeard D. Kuma

@ James - Only Blackbeard was bestowed the title of shichibukai based on strength alone. All of the others also had quite the reputation before being recruited.

As far as the WG is concerned, they are merely given the results of incidents. They don't know exactly how things happen.
Old 2010-09-13, 12:24   Link #459
Kallen4life

that reputation must come from strength surely

and I think it was mentioned that they are, in fact, 7 of some of the strongest pirates in the world (well, barring the Yonkou and their top commanders)

WB's allies from the NW are surely among the top NW non-Yonkou pirates and they didn't look like any of them were Shichibukai level (except Oars, but that was a special case)
Old 2010-09-13, 12:33   Link #460
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
that reputation must come from strength surely

and I think it was mentioned that they are, in fact, 7 of some of the strongest pirates in the world (well, barring the Yonkou and their top commanders)
Prior to becoming a warlord, Blackbeard was an obscure figure since he kept a low profile. During the first shichibukai replacement meeting, not one person knew of a man named Teach. Sengoku even said that without a reputation, Blackbeard would pose no threat to pirates. Blackbeard didn't even have a bounty during this period.

But I agree with you that reputation does come from strength as well.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2010-09-13 at 12:47.
Closed Thread