AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-29, 02:07   Link #141
james0246

I can't help but wonder now if the anime crew could slip in a solo movie for Luffy during those 6 months were he is alone...barring any flashbacks of that period, of course.

Whatever the case, while I would have liked more focus on the WG/One Piece universe (which the full chapter will undoubtedly have a little more of), the conceit Oda used to bring the crew back together (and put them back on the international stage) is quite good and quite entertaining.
Old 2010-09-29, 02:20   Link #142
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
so Sengoku did end up resigning. Wonder if Garp did as well, and also wonder who's the new admiral.
Old 2010-09-29, 02:21   Link #143
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
I'm not reading the spoilers... but just reading pieces of this thread, I'm burning with anticipation.

Thoughts. I don't like nami's new look. Not because of the long hair or bust size, but because at the moment she seems to much the bad girl at the bar.

Robins new look I can somewhat stomach. It makes here look older which makes sense. Robin is 30 about the age when I think women begin to age. At the same time I also find it a bit to generic. Ussop looks fine to me.

Quote:
I can't help but wonder now if the anime crew could slip in a solo movie for Luffy during those 6 months were he is alone...barring any flashbacks of that period, of course.
this is a manga thread so I won't derail to much about anime, I think their pacing is just fine. The manga should have time to put a 20-30 chapter distance. A luffy solo arc is possible. Also taking into account specials, and the fact they haven't animated all of the miniarcs at the beginning chapters (Wapol, Eneru, CP9) they have a lot of canon material. They also haven't finished the crew miniarcs which they will definitely animate and likely extend.
Old 2010-09-29, 02:22   Link #144
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, I actually kinda like the fact that these spoilers caused several forums to crash. Just goes to show how awesome OP actually is. I mean, when was the last time a Naruto or Bleach spoiler caused such a huge internet traffic jam?
To bad it's sales in America are so bad
Old 2010-09-29, 02:30   Link #145
AlaAlba

ugh, nice chapter, cant wait for the next one already...

though I dislike one thing, Luffy said he doesn't marry Hancock > > ooouuu. I hope he change his mind in the future, or Hancock can force her way
Old 2010-09-29, 02:34   Link #146
John D.

Quote:
I'm kinda wondering if we'll see a fairly powerful marine or two (like around commodore rank) appear at Sabaody to serve as minibosses before everyone goes to Marman Island? After all, Luffy could use some guinea pigs to test his Haki prowess on.....
I think a Pacifista or five would be more appropriate guinea pigs for the new and improved crew to show their progress. Considering how much the whole crew struggled with just one Pacifista before the time skip, it would be an excellent way to display their sharpened prowess.

That being said, Fake Franky-kun looks awesome , and Sanji was hilarious, as usual.

But I'm wondering how the handy move Usopp used works. It looks like he shot a beatle that swallowed Fake Nami...

Last edited by John D.; 2010-09-29 at 03:43.
Old 2010-09-29, 02:45   Link #147
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Yeah, it truly is a shame that OP is forever doomed to be the least popular of the "Big 3" in this part of the world. But even so, I still think these forum crashes alone are proof enough that it's on a completely different class from its competitors.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
so Sengoku did end up resigning. Wonder if Garp did as well, and also wonder who's the new admiral.

We already knew that Garp went to Kong before Sengoku did anyway, so I think the answer should be clear. However, remember that while the both of them gave up their status, they also made the decision to still work for the marines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
though I dislike one thing, Luffy said he doesn't marry Hancock > > ooouuu. I hope he change his mind in the future, or Hancock can force her way

I'm not gonna lie..... Luffy rejecting Hancock was actually one of my favorite parts of the chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
I think a Pacifista or five would be more appropriate guinea pigs for the new and improved crew to show their progress. After all, considering how much the whole crew struggled with just one Pacifista before the time skip, it would be an excellent way to display their sharpened prowess.

Yeah, Pacifistas would work, too (though I'd still like for Oda to introduce some more awesome marine characters, even if they do end up becoming fodder). And of course...... the Straw-Hats owe their imposters a big beatdown for sullying their reputation, as well.
Old 2010-09-29, 02:48   Link #148
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
lol what about a little friendly battle (against themselves) of the Straw Hats... or a battle with Jinbei and Rayleigh.

Or beating up the fakes in 1 second to test their prowess.

Last edited by bhl88; 2010-09-29 at 02:59.
Old 2010-09-29, 03:01   Link #149
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Quote:
One Piece would be more popular in America if given air time (namely basic cable Cartoon Network), but we have 4kids/Cartoon Network/Funimation shenanigans to blame for that. 4kids dubs were horrible, they butchered the anime. Funimation's One Piece dubs are great. I owe it to Funimation for getting me into One Piece. I started watching/reading One Piece after watching only a few of Funimation's dubs aired on CN in 2007, at the Gaya/Skypiea arc. Unfortunately they stopped airing months later, and seemingly no plans to re-air.

Bleach and Naruto have been airing for a long while on Cartoon Network, with re-runs and even marathons. OP can't compete with that.
Old 2010-09-29, 03:21   Link #150
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Spoiler for POWER UP!:

Anyway, just read the raws... have to say, fake SHs stole the spotlights.
Old 2010-09-29, 03:29   Link #151
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
This is the first time in a long time that I don't want to read spoilers. I read the first paragraph and stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
luffy looks the same, wonder if the scar came from the battle or training, his coat does look frilly i.e. like a pirate shirt
zoro looks good, hope he didn't lose eye..the pic is weird around his arm but its getting too much attention (if he really doesn't have an arm that would be whack)
nami looks old
usopp is going for the ace/jango look
sanji looks way older
chopper looks like he has a new body suit and something to go over his hat..
robin..hard to tell basically looks the same except hair
franky..WOW what a beast, prob store 3 kegs of cola now haha..
brooke..need a better look but he didn't seem to change much
It seems to me that Luffy's scar comes form when Akainu nearly killed him. I'm betting that's the source of the scar. Luffy did need surgery from Law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
One Piece would be more popular in America if given air time (namely basic cable Cartoon Network), but we have 4kids/Cartoon Network/Funimation shenanigans to blame for that. 4kids dubs were horrible, they butchered the anime. Funimation's One Piece dubs are great. I owe it to Funimation for getting me into One Piece. I started watching/reading One Piece after watching only a few of Funimation's dubs aired on CN in 2007, at the Gaya/Skypiea arc. Unfortunately they stopped airing months later, and seemingly no plans to re-air.

Bleach and Naruto have been airing for a long while on Cartoon Network, with re-runs and even marathons. OP can't compete with that.
That's very true. FUNimation is doing a great job with the series. That's why I've sworn off all fansubs for One Piece. It's been hell since I really want to see the Strong World movie.
Don't you know that if you go to the FUNimation website they have most of the One Piece episodes. They are posting dubs and subtitles.

Now, if only VIZ wasn't doing the manga. I boycott all VIZ manga and read only scanlation version of their series. I can't stand their idiotic alternations. Such as switching God Eneru to Kami Eneru. How they censored Rock Lee's Drunken Fist to be the "Potion Punch". Their censorship shouldn't be supported. It was wrong when 4Kids did this stuff and it's wrong now.
I won't even watch official versions of VIZ animes. It's one of the reasons I'm so glad FUNimation got One Piece. I can watch and support that with pride. VIZ is just such a crap publisher.
I wish DelRey was doing the manga. They do Negima! and do a great job on it. It was a sad day when OneManga folded. I don't even see why they are even still running.
Old 2010-09-29, 03:36   Link #152
inbisold

does anyone understand why the marines thought luffy died and wasn't hiding?
i mean, they knew it the day after the war when he was back at marineford..
Old 2010-09-29, 03:45   Link #153
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by inbisold View Post
does anyone understand why the marines thought luffy died and wasn't hiding?
i mean, they knew it the day after the war when he was back at marineford..
Well, he did disappear for two whole years. Before that, he was frequently appearing on their radar for causing trouble. After all the trouble he caused at Impel Down and Marineford, then disappears. They had no idea what he was up to.
Old 2010-09-29, 03:53   Link #154
seiji_kun

Quote:
One Piece is like football (soccer, damn I hate that term). The least popular but the most popular in almost all other parts of the world. Though even saying that, a Belgium channel finally decided to pick up one of the big 3 and it happens to be the most shittiest one of the the three (Bleach of course).

Quote:
I'm not gonna lie..... Luffy rejecting Hancock was actually one of my favorite parts of the chapter.
It was damn cool, it so suited Luffy to just casually reject her. Though can't say I like how she suddenly dissapeared, one moment he's preparing to leave that island that he and Rayleigh was on and the other moment we see him in front of his impostor. Not even a goodbye for her?
Old 2010-09-29, 05:01   Link #155
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

One important thing I noticed is that apparently, Luffy finished training with Rayleigh in one year. The manga says that Rayleigh left a year ago. This I think is very beautiful since it means that Luffy has trained most of the techniques he learned by himself for half of the time, and that he would have made up most of the new moves he's learned by himself, and that they're unique to him.

Oda is very incredible.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2010-09-29, 05:41   Link #156
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Well, I guess those marine squad and the fake straw hats will be the cannon fodder for Luffy to show off his skills

Old 2010-09-29, 06:14   Link #157
noktown

1 year,yeah,my bad ;o

Last edited by noktown; 2010-09-29 at 08:05.
Old 2010-09-29, 06:45   Link #158
Lukrin

do u guys know what that means that means that luffy learned basics in 6 months meaning
he spent 1 and a half year training that means that he took the haki colours to a high lvl
meaning that op wont take 10 more yrs as other stated
Old 2010-09-29, 06:52   Link #159
AlaAlba

wtf with this misunderstanding.
rayleigh left AFTER 1 and half a year. so Luffy trains byhimself only half a year.

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2010-09-29 at 07:08.
Old 2010-09-29, 07:29   Link #160
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

It would seem that everybody here has read some time period of their own into the panels, so could anyone confirm how long it took before Rayleigh left Luffy?

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Closed Thread