AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 58 51.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 30.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.88%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-04, 21:11   Link #201
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I would love to see a significant Plus tie in, Alto mimicking (Entry to Gallia IV and the hand motions from Deculture) a few Isamu things and sharing his love from flying isn't enough.

He can always pull a Lucy and strike up a one-night stand with hmmm... Cathy?
Old 2008-07-04, 21:45   Link #202
magnuskn

Quote:
Spoiler for facepalm:
LOL! I so saved up that pic for future use.
Old 2008-07-04, 21:53   Link #203
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Spoiler for facepalm:
Thats just an Epic win!

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-04, 21:57   Link #204
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
Thats just an Epic win!

Definitely! I saved it up for future use too.
Old 2008-07-04, 22:57   Link #205
m33rkAT

anyone else think the music and animation was top notch ? i gave this ep a 10!
Old 2008-07-05, 00:33   Link #206
TrueKnight

Awesome episode. A very nice mix between the drama, conspiracy and intense actions. Seems like LAI's involvement was more deep than meets the AI, then the firm confirmations that Grace is Mao. And aside from the corny romance between Alto x Ranka x Sheryl, the dogfight scenes are awesome as hell. The purple Valkyrie is cool and Alto got his own ass handed down twice and still manage to bitch out a little. Alto will get his chance to redeem this in the next episode along with Michael's little screentime.

Can't wait for episode 13. The word 'epicness' will definitely cover it, the Macross Frontier againts the Vajras !. Hope it'll be as epic as Ep. 7.
Old 2008-07-05, 01:14   Link #207
Tsuchiro

you mean episode 14
Old 2008-07-05, 01:59   Link #208
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

^and Grace is Mao?

But I understand: this episode is so awesome it messes up with cognitive processes.
Old 2008-07-05, 02:27   Link #209
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I don't know about a Plus tie-in, because the whole incident was rather small in scope. Basically, an AI went berserk and a few pilots were involved. While stuff like in Zero, they basically found a new alien race after the Macross contact.
Old 2008-07-05, 03:11   Link #210
ReddyRedWolf

Not to mention the said idol AI hypnotized Earth's population and took over the entire defense grid.

Not to mention the latest state of the art unmaned fighter proving superior to the best VF's ever built.

Sure if Sharon (Not the Cylon) wasn't stopped it's bye-bye Earth.

Thank goodness for Bruno J. Global's foresight.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2008-07-05 at 04:48.
Old 2008-07-05, 04:39   Link #211
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
Spoiler for facepalm:
LOL! I'm also saving that! it's made of win!

@superknuckles see reddyredwolf's comment.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
Old 2008-07-05, 05:58   Link #212
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Ah, more space whale references. I can't wait to see this for myself.
Space whales end up being natural predators of the vajra, it's just that Frontier and Galaxy encountered them (the vajra) at the wrong time of the year.

Also, Brera's harmonica must be built into his helmet or something.
Old 2008-07-05, 06:21   Link #213
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Can anyone explain to me why is that pregnancy tag in this thread again?
Old 2008-07-05, 06:21   Link #214
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Space whales end up being natural predators of the vajra, it's just that Frontier and Galaxy encountered them (the vajra) at the wrong time of the year.
Vajra _are_ the Vahla space whales. Grace and co. are just dressing the whales up in funny costumes, aggravating and herding them in the direction of Frontier while calling them "mindless drone bioweapons" in order to justify harvesting their sweet little fold reactors in the aftermath. Cue environmental commentary by Kawamori .

(Actually, I don't see that alleged tendency of his to be preachy at all in Macross, including Zero. Is he really that bad in Arjuna?)
Old 2008-07-05, 06:35   Link #215
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Not to mention the said idol AI hypnotized Earth's population and took over the entire defense grid.

Not to mention the latest state of the art unmaned fighter proving superior to the best VF's ever built.

Sure if Sharon (Not the Cylon) wasn't stopped it's bye-bye Earth.

Thank goodness for Bruno J. Global's foresight.
Still not that big a deal. The space colonization was in full flight by then, the Earth wasn't the only trump card left, and without the AI and stealth aiding it, the Ghost didn't prove itself to be superior. It was just a trump card for the AI and it obviously failed. As for the AI's power, the AI only took control of the immediate crowd and the electronics it could get its hands on, namely the satellite installations and the Macross. I think it was doubtful it could even have taken the entire Earth as it was. Especially when a good knock on its AI basically destroyed it. I'm not sure the people of the universe of Macross would've been too taken over by Isamu and Guld's shady past with Myung either.

Also, I think the Plus story is more like a major, terrible accident in the history of Macross than anything else. Maybe not something as glamorized as Zero incident and the Lynn Min-May story obviously were. Really, if they're going to have references, I don't think it's going to be something glamorized like the Zero story. But maybe in snippets like with the technologies derived from Plus and maybe even some AI-theme storyline later on which seems very possible as of now.

Last edited by SuperKnuckles; 2008-07-05 at 07:16.
Old 2008-07-05, 06:40   Link #216
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

As for the whole conspiracy plot, I do think it's mostly the Galaxy but too much of it seems to tie in with the higher ups in Frontier too. Considering how the LAI, NUNS and other organizational factions are testing new Valkyrie units, battle tactics, cybernetic implants (at least for Galaxy's soldiers and citizens), maybe the entire Vajra confrontation (if they're truly an alien insect species) was planned beforehand, maybe even by the Earth's UN Spacy as a means to make state of the art war technology? Almost sounds like the crazy conspiracy plots regarding Iraq nowadays.
Old 2008-07-05, 06:44   Link #217
hai_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
some people misinterpret the glowing of Ranka stomach glowing and the Queen Vajira Crystals glowing in some weird ways...
Old 2008-07-05, 06:52   Link #218
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
I don't know, but I love the other tags

fold, poor alto, poor sheryl, pregnacy, ranka, sheryl pilot end
Old 2008-07-05, 06:52   Link #219
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
some people misinterpret the glowing of Ranka stomach glowing and the Queen Vajira Crystals glowing in some weird ways...
That moment reminded me of Aliens (with Sigourney Weaver). I mean, why the heck would the Vajra go through all the effort to kidnap her and why does she have such sway over them with her voice alone? Something tells me it won't be a major stretch if they somehow made her a queen or something. Doesn't entirely explain why the Vajra grunts had no qualms about nearly killing her.
Old 2008-07-05, 07:39   Link #220
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Did I say how much I love Sheryl? She's so awesome.

I was wondering why people were making references of Vajra to Whales... So I re-watched and saw the reference to the fold communication as their beacon.

So does that mean the Vajra are just.. peace loving things (see baby Vajra) unless provoked?

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Closed Thread