AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2004-03-31, 16:24   Link #21
Avi
HeNta| ArmY WinG-Comman.

Send a message via MSN to Avi Send a message via Yahoo to Avi
Zoro is there, when fighting is needed... Hes a "Strong" one as Luffy said wayyy back in the series.. Basically a fighter (like Sanji can to n CHopper n Robin) , I do although consider him lazy when maintaining the ship (When hes sleeping, approx. 60% of time ;P ) but .. His job is a fighter like Luffy.. thats all :O

His Determination Kicks ass (all of theirs do) , but im not sure about him being a Blacksmith Mr. Bushido
Avi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 20:16   Link #22
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi
Zoro is there, when fighting is needed... Hes a "Strong" one as Luffy said wayyy back in the series.. Basically a fighter (like Sanji can to n CHopper n Robin) , I do although consider him lazy when maintaining the ship (When hes sleeping, approx. 60% of time ;P ) but .. His job is a fighter like Luffy.. thats all :O

His Determination Kicks ass (all of theirs do) , but im not sure about him being a Blacksmith Mr. Bushido
lol about the blacksmith thing:

somebody used the voices from pirates of the caribbean trailor and the images several one piece episodes and movies/specials to make the pirates of the caribbean. Luffy came out as Jack Sparrow, Nami was Elizabeth Swan, and Zoro was Will Turner. Ever since i saw that i always kinda thought "zoro should be a blacksmith"
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-31, 20:50   Link #23
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
zorro is the coolest, luffy the dumbest, nami hottest, usupp weakest, sanji dunno what he is. chopper cutest?
Let me change/add to what you said:

Zoro is the strongest/coolest, Luffy is the dumbest/strongest, nami is the hottest (well she is the only girl in the official group...), ussop is the most cowardest/weakest, and sanji is the coolest; chopper is the monster of the group
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 12:59   Link #24
IPv6
blastos.com

Everyone is forgetting Robin. Robin is pretty damn hot, herself. She's the most calm one in the entire group.
IPv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 16:28   Link #25
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPv6
Everyone is forgetting Robin. Robin is pretty damn hot, herself. She's the most calm one in the entire group.
Too bad most of the people who "forgot" to mention robin only watch the anime so they wouldn't know who she is
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 17:34   Link #26
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Cmon now ... Zoro isn't lazy, he gets the job done if needed.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 18:17   Link #27
Avi
HeNta| ArmY WinG-Comman.

Send a message via MSN to Avi Send a message via Yahoo to Avi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bushido
lol about the blacksmith thing:

somebody used the voices from pirates of the caribbean trailor and the images several one piece episodes and movies/specials to make the pirates of the caribbean. Luffy came out as Jack Sparrow, Nami was Elizabeth Swan, and Zoro was Will Turner. Ever since i saw that i always kinda thought "zoro should be a blacksmith"
oo i c your point of view now ^^ , maybe later in the series he mite Actually do it (For lifting weights, making it for training and all)

<==watches the anime btw and yes... Robin is damn hot ;P
Avi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 20:19   Link #28
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPv6
theres a reason why i mentioned her in SPOILER tags.
Old 2004-04-02, 00:20   Link #29
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by confuzionrains
Everyone else seems to have a specialized job....

Luffy - captain
Sanji - cook
Usopp - mechanic
Nami - navigator
Chopper - soon to be medic

Does Zoro actually have a specific honed skill that he applies while they are cruising on the seas? It seems like he's just a lazy bum compared to the others.... I guess he does some sentry duty and some hard labor, but is that it? I mean, in terms of a ship's needs, he's somewhat dispensable relative to the others (clearly, we've seen that you need a doc on the high seas)....
I wouldn't say he's acutally "lazy". He's been fighting a heckuva battles in the frontline. And due to his blood loss and wounds, this would mostly cause him to rest all the time.
Kouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 03:18   Link #30
orochidp
Hide the kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
I wouldn't say he's acutally "lazy".
Well, I will. He's a lazy bastard.
He's not even the biggest badass anymore, Sanji is.

Sanji's a pirate (Instant Badass) that happens to be an awesome cook (Badass multiplier: 1,000x. I like my food, cooks are my best friend.)

Zoro is a pirate hunter (Pansy) that doubles as a lazy bastard with three swords (Overcompensation multiplier: 10,000x)

Results: Sanji is 1000x more badass than your average pirate, who is approximately 100x more badass than anything on this planet, barring cooks. Setting the average badassedness level at "Ninja", Sanji is equal to 100,000 Space Ninjas.

Zoro is 10,000x more pansy-esque than your average pansy, which are approximately 100x more effiminate than your average person. Setting the average pansy level at Drag Queen, Zoro is equal to 1,000,000 New York Drag Queens.

They're just keeping him around because they might want to draw something other than Sanji being badass and Luffy kicking ass.
orochidp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 03:30   Link #31
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by orochidp

Sanji's a pirate (Instant Badass) that happens to be an awesome cook (Badass multiplier: 1,000x. I like my food, cooks are my best friend.)

Zoro is a pirate hunter (Pansy) that doubles as a lazy bastard with three swords (Overcompensation multiplier: 10,000x)

Results: Sanji is 1000x more badass than your average pirate, who is approximately 100x more badass than anything on this planet, barring cooks. Setting the average badassedness level at "Ninja", Sanji is equal to 100,000 Space Ninjas.

Zoro is 10,000x more pansy-esque than your average pansy, which are approximately 100x more effiminate than your average person. Setting the average pansy level at Drag Queen, Zoro is equal to 1,000,000 New York Drag Queens.

They're just keeping him around because they might want to draw something other than Sanji being badass and Luffy kicking ass.
So Zoro is less badass from Sanji, because Sanji is a pirate and Zoro isn't ... even though they are both pirates now.
Even if we consider him a pirate hunter, he's such a pansy because he's got enough balls to go after all those badass pirates?
And yeh Sanji is really hardcore, cause he's a cook. Yes chefs are so much more intimidating than ex bounty hunters.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 03:31   Link #32
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Bleh, Sanji's constant womanizing (esp. towards Nami) is annoying. That makes him less cool than Zoro in my books. Zoro helps out during battles (most of the time he's doing more than his share since the others are weak and Luffy is too dumb), and he also seems to raise the ship's anchor from time to time. He probably helps lift stuff and carry stuff too.
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 11:49   Link #33
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by orochidp

Zoro isnt a pirate? i also didnt know cooking makes u a "bad-ass"

Quote:
Someone who can kill and catch all those "bad-ass" pirates is a pansy? tats like saying: "a tank is cool, a tank destroying robot is a pansy"
Im also betting he caught tons of cooks too.
using 3 swords is being a pansy? i would love to see u hold something that weighs around 25 kg in ur mouth and move at that speed.

Quote:
of course he is, but ur logic is faulty

Quote:
its ur opinion, but again ur logic is bad.

Quote:
is this why the anime shows Zoro sleeping more often than Sanji cooking?
Old 2004-04-03, 06:52   Link #34
baka
Apathy

Send a message via AIM to baka
Yes zoro is the laziest member of the crew but you must realize his role as the swordsman or since the way the story is revolving sidekick and he is almost always the first one to go into battle when it all breaks out and im just getting into the series myself. So I would say its unfair to call him the laziest just because he doesn't have a ship job
baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 12:26   Link #35
Sethi
StormRider

Actually i think Zoro being the laziest is one of the reasons that makes him the coolest one, he's always sleeping and when he isn't sleeping he's either training or slashing some guys up, the guy pretty much lives only to fight and kick ass.
As for his place in the crew like most people here already said he's just a fighter, not every member of the crew needs to have a special job especially in this crazy crew
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 17:12   Link #36
Shadow_Skill

Send a message via MSN to Shadow_Skill
Zero takes up the Anchor, thats heavy work
Shadow_Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 20:50   Link #37
cheese4u
da big boss

Zoro Discussion [manga + spoilers]

In the manga one of Zoro's swords broke or rather was broken. At some point he's going to have to get it replaced with a sword that can handle his level of skill. I was thinking maybe he's going to get it replaced with a DF sword. I'm not saying this is going to happen, its just a thought. I know a lot of people are against swordsmen having DF powers, but what do you think?
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 23:26   Link #38
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Hmm, it doesn't look like Zoro really needs it. After it being shown how his swordsman's "spirit" in itself somewhat materializes in different ways the DF sword would kind of be too much.

And I wouldn't really say that it wasn't able to handle his level of skill. Not like it was broken simply because of that.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 23:38   Link #39
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
And I wouldn't really say that it wasn't able to handle his level of skill. Not like it was broken simply because of that.
I was referring to the sword that he's wielding currently not the one that broke.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 00:23   Link #40
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Meh, the Yubashiri is more or less a filler sword to not needless draw out Zoro getting new swords that is not some bargain item. It's a blade that is more or less, disposable. His saliva-soiled katana (( with it's whatever name )) won't meet it's demise anytime soon, and I can't see the owner-killing cursed sword breaking anytime unless Zoro goes up against the #X<10 Swordsman in the World in a mano-o-mano true sword duel.

Mmm....I dunno about DF swords though. Kinda of a big leap from his tradionalist fighting methods.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote