AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-10, 20:45   Link #121
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

why dont we mail them to have KF sub the series and release DVDs. 4Kids can do watever they want on TV, but have an uncut, japanese voice, with subs on DVD?
Old 2004-06-10, 20:47   Link #122
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

Wouldnt it have been easier to add this to One Piece Licenced [Merged: 2]...? And dont forget.. right after that he posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude

Hello again.

It's amazing to see how many people are into "OK! Let's Stand up!", but I need to say a few things.

Firstly, I'm going to hand this project over to EGX or AS, if they want it. And you all can still participate if you want to. But I won't.

I got to thinking tonite. And after talking with some very wise individuals, my eyes have been opened about the current situation at hand.

Who cares if the US butchers it? It doesn't mean that you will stop loving One Piece for what it is, does it? As long as YOU know what really happens, who cares?
As long as the story and characters stay fresh in Japan, then One Piece will continue to be a fantastic story and if you are a real One Piece fan, you will not give a shit about what the US does to it. If it bothers you so much, don't watch it.

Do you know why I got hooked on this wonderful series? It wasn't because I wanted to be a part of something that was eventually gonna get popular. It was because of everything that makes One Piece great. The story, the characters, just the fact that the whole series kicks major ass.

And don't worry about 4Kids screwing up "Oda's Vsion". The truth is, and Oda DID say this in a recent JUMP, that he is very appreciative that One Piece (the animation) is airing in countries all over the world. if you were The Man, you'd feel the same way too.

"OK! Let's Stand Up!" shouldn't be about letting loose on a dub you probably won't watch anyway. It should be about personally STANDING UP for your feelings for One Piece, and the reason you like it in the first place.
So, now, if you wish, you may flame me for my beliefs. Or you may call me a hypocrite because I had a change of heart after some thinking. But I realize now that it doesn't matter if One Piece is popular or not. What matters is the impact it has had on you, and why you as a fan appreciate it.
I hope my words have meant something to you.
Old 2004-06-10, 20:47   Link #123
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

do u guys know what happened to the "pirate" site?

anyways on topic. Let's just hope for the best
Old 2004-06-10, 21:35   Link #124
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Funny how the mods are deleting the post when they mention the fan group. Why bother? its listed in ANimesuki to begin with http://nobodys.business.anymore.html

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-06-12 at 02:07.
Old 2004-06-10, 23:06   Link #125
fujisawa
Reindeer King

Send a message via AIM to fujisawa
Well good news, the licensing of one piece made the news where i live, and it was regardign the massive amounts of emails and phone calls 4kids recieved about it. So maybe things won't be so bad. Look at the brighjt side, you know what one piece is and you have seen the episodes uncut, burn them to a DVd and pretend its a domestic release! Don't be mad, get glad(R)
Old 2004-06-10, 23:06   Link #126
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Don't list that. They'll take it down if you do!! Silly fool!
Quote:
Well good news, the licensing of one piece made the news where i live, and it was regardign the massive amounts of emails and phone calls 4kids recieved about it. So maybe things won't be so bad. Look at the brighjt side, you know what one piece is and you have seen the episodes uncut, burn them to a DVd and pretend its a domestic release! Don't be mad, get glad(R)
Oh really? 0_o Hmm, maybe there'll be enough protest about their attempted butchering of OP that they'll either drop it or release it uncut/unedited. That'd rule. IF they did that, I would actually buy their DVD's for a change. As it stands they have yet to provide a single anime episode that they haven't butchered that I'd actually wanna buy from them. Gauds, no wonder 98% of my anime is R2.
Quote:
I'm going to ROFL when Sanji opens his ciggi case and you see 5 lollypops lined up evenly. Then he takes one all suavely and puts it in his mouth :lol:
hehehe. I'd like to see them explain his "lighting up" his lollypop. IF you guys remember, there's several times he lights up that are key parts of the anime. Without those everyone is gonna get lost.
Old 2004-06-11, 00:03   Link #127
fujisawa
Reindeer King

Send a message via AIM to fujisawa
Chances are since one piece has a pre-installed fanbase in the usa, let's home many of the proletariet fans get up and make it known, that we want to see our UNCUT one piece, not 8 years old and up One Piece! I know i am ready and willig to pay 37 cents a stamp to send my letters and my 10 cents a minute long distance charge to get it released uncut somehow!

Oh, let's hope they dont ruin my favorite character (see left avatar)
Old 2004-06-11, 00:05   Link #128
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Oh yeah because I bet you're fluent in Japanese and English and have translating experience right?

Newsflash One Piece fans. One Piece is a KIDS SHOW. The target audience is like 13 year old boys. One Piece is MAINSTREAM in Japan. Well maybe not as mainstream as Chibi Maruko-chan or Sazae-san, but really mainstream. So if 4Kids try to maintain this for an American audience, it's really not that diffrent from how it is Japan.

You'll get your uncut DVDs so don't fret people.

Anyway, it should be obvious that One Piece is a kid's show. Just look at the level of maturity of the posters in this thread. I feel stupider just for posting here.

You should all be used to this by now. There was that whole "One Piece is licensed" false alarm earlier.
This is probably 4 pages too late to respond to this but you are truly...pathetic...or should i say ostentatious. Your so-called level of maturity doesnt seem to apply to you with your oh-all-mighty condescending tone. One Piece has a wider range of audiences than you think.
Old 2004-06-11, 00:57   Link #129
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

why dont we start making theme songs that will probably be used?
Old 2004-06-11, 03:34   Link #130
Joe Dalton

Rofl, this is getting pathetic.
Old 2004-06-11, 06:25   Link #131
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

What about names

Luffy: Bush. W Jon

Sanji:Jonathan

Zoro: Paul!

Old 2004-06-11, 12:19   Link #132
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
This is probably 4 pages too late to respond to this but you are truly...pathetic...or should i say ostentatious. Your so-called level of maturity doesnt seem to apply to you with your oh-all-mighty condescending tone. One Piece has a wider range of audiences than you think.
Did you read my second post? I like One Piece too (well the manga), but I was speaking against people who are denying that One Piece is designed for children and a mainstream audience. Of course One Piece appeals to an older fan too and girls too, but it wasn't meant to be that way. Look at all the One Piece toys and video games, which we'll inevitably get in the US too (if all goes well).

And I don't feel wrong in calling people who complain about licenses and speak about buying bootlegs immature.

Though if 4Kids don't release an uncut, unedited DVD themselves or through someone else (Funimation?) then I take back all my support and will willingly bash them with the rest of you. But there are no details about that yet, so its too early for that.

EDIT - Oh forgot!
Thank goodness One Piece names are mostly Western or relatively easy to prounounce. Then maybe we won't get psycho name changes. I mean DBZ and Yu-gi-oh has characters with some really hard to prounounce names (Kakarot? Majin Buu?) and they left them alone.
Old 2004-06-11, 13:10   Link #133
dom02

^^^
I agree as long as they release an uncut dvd than i'm ok with it. As long as the dubs are good they are better off cuting some stuff so younger people can watch it, but i'd be realy surprised if they actually did a good job on the dubs.
Old 2004-06-11, 14:04   Link #134
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Did you read my second post? I like One Piece too (well the manga), but I was speaking against people who are denying that One Piece is designed for children and a mainstream audience. Of course One Piece appeals to an older fan too and girls too, but it wasn't meant to be that way. Look at all the One Piece toys and video games, which we'll inevitably get in the US too (if all goes well).

And I don't feel wrong in calling people who complain about licenses and speak about buying bootlegs immature.

Though if 4Kids don't release an uncut, unedited DVD themselves or through someone else (Funimation?) then I take back all my support and will willingly bash them with the rest of you. But there are no details about that yet, so its too early for that.

EDIT - Oh forgot!
Thank goodness One Piece names are mostly Western or relatively easy to prounounce. Then maybe we won't get psycho name changes. I mean DBZ and Yu-gi-oh has characters with some really hard to prounounce names (Kakarot? Majin Buu?) and they left them alone.
well it seems from you posts that kid anime in japan=adult anime in the rest of the world

they already mentioned that they would censor a lot of it, someone in the other thread in the licensed anime section sent a site of what was cut off in other country.

i mean if it really is a kid anime why would 4kids edit most of the scenes out

anyways i don't see why any anime listing site would consider it licensed since that it probably will be a completely different show untill they release or anounce the license for the uncut DVD.

edit: fixed typos

Last edited by whatever123; 2004-06-11 at 15:08.
Old 2004-06-11, 14:25   Link #135
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom02
^^^
I agree as long as they release an uncut dvd than i'm ok with it. As long as the dubs are good they are better off cuting some stuff so younger people can watch it, but i'd be realy surprised if they actually did a good job on the dubs.
Its VERY unlikely you'll get a good dub. An uncut sub will probably makes it way out, but 4kids won't redo a dub, and ALL of their dubs suck.
Old 2004-06-11, 15:15   Link #136
Remus Lupin

Send a message via AIM to Remus Lupin
People, this is the worst possible licencee that One Peice could have been picked up by.

No, there will not be any uncut DVDs of OP because they do not and have never released uncut eps of their other series like Pokemon and Yugi Oh! So untill such time as there are uncut and subbed domestic DVDs I say that the Fansubbing should continue.
So go ahead and write to them all you want, you might as well send it to your toilet for all the good it will do. they didn't listen to the Shaman King fans, they didn't listen to the Yugi Oh fans, why should they listen to the one piece fans. 4kids is 4money thats all they look at and they dont give a crap about the real fans.
Old 2004-06-11, 16:04   Link #137
Scarab

this is horrible.... but I will be looking forward to the way they handle the line "I'm a Rubber Pirate!!!!!!"
Old 2004-06-11, 16:11   Link #138
freedom
gomu gomu no baka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab
this is horrible.... but I will be looking forward to the way they handle the line "I'm a Rubber Pirate!!!!!!"
don't you mean "I'm a Rubber Man!!!!!!"
Old 2004-06-11, 16:41   Link #139
Scarab

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom
don't you mean "I'm a Rubber Man!!!!!!"
dunno it's been 6 months since i last saw One Piece. I mean i love the show i just don't have the time (or the bandwith) to watch it ,but still both lines work
Old 2004-06-11, 17:06   Link #140
Loganvb
Inactive Member

You people are so Lucky You Can even WATCH IT I don't The Fox Box In Austin THIS SUCKS
Closed Thread