Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-06-20, 10:22   Link #5521
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
remember that ultear had just exhausted herself dominating zeref.
You don't call that an ass pull?
Old 2011-06-20, 10:33   Link #5522
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
You don't call that an ass pull?
2 separate asses dude

Although I could accept her besting zeref if it turns out that he was handicapped by lost of memory or sealing or something. Afterall she didn't have it easy and she was the strongest/2nd strongest out of the 7 kin who seem pretty much all at least S class.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 10:34   Link #5523
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
2 separate asses dude
Not really. You linked the possibility of her defeat by Gray to her defeat of Zeref. The latter should never have happened, as things stand right now, given what we know.
Old 2011-06-20, 11:07   Link #5524
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Not really. You linked the possibility of her defeat by Gray to her defeat of Zeref. The latter should never have happened, as things stand right now, given what we know.
Nope, I linked the fact that she had a hard time fighting (and won) zeref to the possibility of Gray beating her because she is tired. It was already established that she had done that.

Granted that in your view, I'm basing the rationale on a fact that happened due to an ass pull. But the previous ass pull does not correlate to the current event. Unless you want to talk about tendency of the author to carry out ass pulls...
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 12:00   Link #5525
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Granted that in your view, I'm basing the rationale on a fact that happened due to an ass pull. But the previous ass pull does not correlate to the current event. Unless you want to talk about tendency of the author to carry out ass pulls...
I'm saying it's a domino effect. If event A leads to event B and event A is an ass pull, then what is event B?
Old 2011-06-20, 19:38   Link #5526
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Ultear herself mentioned that Zeref wasn't at full power in his current form, so I think its quite believable she could defeat his "sleep mode."
Old 2011-06-21, 07:47   Link #5527
palpatin

Another topic:
I don't know if someone has mentioned it before, but Zeref knowing Natsu must mean that he's involved in the whole Dragonplot, do you agree?
Old 2011-06-21, 10:31   Link #5528
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by palpatin View Post
Another topic:
I don't know if someone has mentioned it before, but Zeref knowing Natsu must mean that he's involved in the whole Dragonplot, do you agree?
Probably, particularly given he came in for a mention in the conversation between Igneel and Grandine

On a different note, the Q&A section of volume 27 mostly answered the question of who made S-Class when:

x???: Gildarts (no age given)
x778: Laxus (age 17)
x780: Erza (age 15)
x781: Mirajane (age 16)
x782: Mystogan (no age given)
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 07:06   Link #5529
ronin myael
lost ronin

oh well, at least gray wasn't stupid enough to fall for ultear's crocodile tears. lol
Old 2011-06-24, 13:02   Link #5530
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Probably, particularly given he came in for a mention in the conversation between Igneel and Grandine

On a different note, the Q&A section of volume 27 mostly answered the question of who made S-Class when:

x???: Gildarts (no age given)
x778: Laxus (age 17)
x780: Erza (age 15)
x781: Mirajane (age 16)
x782: Mystogan (no age given)
Gildartz proved how epic he was to Makarov after he beat up Ivan.
Old 2011-06-24, 14:18   Link #5531
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Gildartz proved how epic he was to Makarov after he beat up Ivan.
My personal theory if the lack of information on Gildarts means anything other than Mashima hadn't thought about it is:

Just to add insult to injury to Cana for her angst over not making S-Class, it'll turn out that Gildarts didn't make S-Class until he was in his twenties.

Your idea could work as well, but it depends a bit on when Makarov tossed Ivan out of the guild.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 17:47   Link #5532
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
My personal theory if the lack of information on Gildarts means anything other than Mashima hadn't thought about it is:

Just to add insult to injury to Cana for her angst over not making S-Class, it'll turn out that Gildarts didn't make S-Class until he was in his twenties.

Your idea could work as well, but it depends a bit on when Makarov tossed Ivan out of the guild.
It would just be too funny if Gildarts just forgot to show up for decade or two due to being drunk or something and so in character too.
Old 2011-06-25, 06:28   Link #5533
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Woot! Chapter's out.

I have to say I quite enjoyed this chapter, especially the Juvia part. On the magic front, Ultear learning Time Arc to defeat Creation Magic was a good piece of information, Red Ice was something I wasn't expecting the author to use, and Ultear knowing Ice Make was an unexpected and, quite frankly, pleasant surprise.

I'm wondering what Child!Ultear was looking at in tears though. It'll be interesting to find out what that's foreshadowing.

All-in-all, the best chapter we've had in a while.

Last edited by Kuroi Hadou; 2011-06-25 at 06:54.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 06:34   Link #5534
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hahaha... what is happening with one of the strongest Grimoire's member??? she is so weak in front of Gray.... show some power, girl! make this an epic battle... not one-sided
the next chapter we will get some Ur's past?? hopefully yes

Juvia is the best.... hahahaha
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 08:21   Link #5535
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Whoa...Fairy Tail member is so imba.
Quote:
I'm wondering what Child!Ultear was looking at in tears though. It'll be interesting to find out what that's foreshadowing
Typical Mashima, always putting something to be curious of in every chapter

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 08:25   Link #5536
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

To be fair, that was pretty smooth thinking on Gray's part to use his own blood to prevent Ultear from absolutely dominating him.
Time magic really is about the best counter you can have for Maker magic, and injuring yourself to attack your enemy is always a risky gamble.
Ultear using the same Maker magic as Ur is really surprising as well, a very pleasant surprise, I really hope we learn more about their past, especially the reason Ultear seems to have such a strong hate for Ur.
Old 2011-06-25, 09:12   Link #5537
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
make this an epic battle... not one-sided
Wouldn't call it one-sided, Ul headlocked Gray after negating his maker magic, and the latter still got in a good punch, before getting ice-owned. Heavy hits on both sides, but Gray has his trump card...crawling Juvia ftw
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 09:39   Link #5538
ronin myael
lost ronin

hmmm...freezing his own blood to use as a weapon eh? reminds me of what mikagami tokiya did with his dark water sword technique in flame of recca. when he ran out of water to freeze, he used his own blood.

ultear the wicked daughter. wonder what turned her evil. i hope it's not because ul froze her father or something. lol
Old 2011-06-25, 09:45   Link #5539
ShiroiRyu

Spider Juvia !
SPIDER JUVIA ! \o/
She can move on the walls. XD
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 10:03   Link #5540
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I have to say, this was an excellent chapter. Good fight, good pacing, and very nice cliffhanger at the end. I don't care what anyone says, Ultear is awesome.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen