AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-10, 00:11   Link #121
gangler

Botan (Yu Yu Hakusho)

okay, I've been watching the show, first time. It's dubbed. It's just driving me crazy trying to figure out what Botan's accent is. Anyone know?
gangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:22   Link #122
Kaelidoscopes
*Artist

I believe Botans accent in the English dub is British, although it shifts throughout the series :/
Old 2010-07-10, 21:02   Link #123
theoryxthirteen
That one guy.

Send a message via Yahoo to theoryxthirteen
Heie is still a good fighter. He's the usual evil gone good antihero but he's still got a decent background and a rather unique set of abilities.
theoryxthirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 19:14   Link #124
xl_Legit_lx
Destruction by Carnage
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via MSN to xl_Legit_lx Send a message via Yahoo to xl_Legit_lx
I agree, although it seems to be 'too-much' sometimes :P...but it's old school anime so it's to be expected.
xl_Legit_lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 21:30   Link #125
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

I love YYH. It is my fav series. I loved all of the characters too.
LadyKikyo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-13, 05:15   Link #126
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Omg this show.

One of the best english dubs ever.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 23:12   Link #127
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

One of the best Shounen Series of all time. Don't you guys agree.
LadyKikyo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 21:19   Link #128
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Ghost Fighter is the Philippine title for YU YU HAKUSO. Even some of the character's names have been change.... Its a good anime. Its a legend....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 23:12   Link #129
AnnaM

this is seriously my favorite anime ever. no joke the last episode was perfect and the whole theme of a balance between good and evil is just amazing. also the characters have so much background it makes them feel real despite being animated lol.
AnnaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 23:15   Link #130
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Every time someone falls in love with YuYu, an angel gets it's wings^^..Or maybe a demon gets them, but the sentiment is the same...YuYu Hakusho is also my favorite shonen of alltime for so many reasons...There are some great debates in the earlier pages you should check out...Yeah they're dated but definitely worth it...
Old 2011-03-31, 00:16   Link #131
AnnaM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
Man. Finally got around to watch this show which someone I knew really loves, and sure enough I love it too. I guess there's really zero continuations of any sort for any of the plotlines?

Honestly, the only plotline I really care about is Hiei since there's so much potential in his relationships with Mukurou and his sister. I probably missed the point of the entire series and should be caring about Yuusuke/Keiko, but yeah, instead I'm really intrigued by Hiei/Mukurou and disappointed so much of their interaction was left unfulfilled and what did happen was portrayed very subjectively.
Though Yuusuke is prbly my fav character ever, his relationship with Keiko was sweet but boring. I mean they were gonna end up together and everyone knew it their entire lives. So I think that's why everyone liked Hiei because he was the only one who still needed a story at the end. Every other character was completed and it was awesome but Hiei was the only one we were left wondering about. But thats why the final arc was good because it concentrated on Hiei. And I like the idea that not everything was wrapped up. I mean the characters felt more alive that way, like nothing is ever nicely wrapped up.
Also I think why I love Yuusuke is because he is a character whose morals are dif than most peoples. I loved it. I mean I think the end for him was just he is a survivor who never had a chance but made it work anyways.
AnnaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 11:46   Link #132
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaM View Post
Also I think why I love Yuusuke is because he is a character whose morals are dif than most peoples. I loved it. I mean I think the end for him was just he is a survivor who never had a chance but made it work anyways.
Its true, he did have a pretty interesting personality that I wasn't accustomed to seeing. I think the characters in general all came across interesting in their own ways and I really couldn't find any characters (main or minor) that I didn't like in to some extent. Thats doesn't happen too often with me. Anyhow, YuYu is definitely my favorite shonen show ever.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 01:37   Link #133
CryptKeeper

I just recently bought the season dvd sets of this show.
One of my favorite series, if not my favorite ever.
I just finished the Dark Tournament saga, about to start watching the next one.
CryptKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 12:57   Link #134
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Okay, about poor Kuwabara...

He's obviously the kinda sweet and romantic guy who wants a "come home from a hard day's work to have his cute kids jump on and hug him with his equally adorable wife smiling at him" happy ending, and by the looks of it he definintely wants that special someone to be Yukina-chan...

...only the franchise EXPLICITLY states that unless the Demon of the couple is of S-Class Power Level, no child will ever result from their union, even if she does one day return his love and no matter how hard they try.

And considering that he's smart enough to get into a Top Grade University by the end of the franchise, he would more than likely realize this after listening to a calm explanation from Kurama.

And considering Yukina-chan would more than likely outlive him and still be young and cute as a button, leaving him a broken old man with his BLOODLINE broken, why then would a romantic dreamer who obviously wants a big happy family even bother with an exercise in hollow futility that WILL end in tears like the Marriage between Connor and Heather MacLeod in Highlander?

Most adorable couple in 90's anime, yes; but they have no future together.
Old 2011-07-19, 06:49   Link #135
PopeAlessandros

I can't stand Yu Yu in english.....Yusuke sounds like such a whiner, and Botan sounds....well....Like sush a bish..... Hiei was an ok voice, but I digress. Love Yu Yu! They need mroe!!! *Shifty eyes* Like Kurama and Hiei's wedding! *Runs away with arms overhead* Don't keeell meeee!
Old 2011-07-22, 11:23   Link #136
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Omg this show.

One of the best english dubs ever.
I think the same! but some disagree *cough*yaoiloverabove*cough*

"what are you waiting for? your balls to drop?"

Old 2011-07-26, 03:11   Link #137
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

The most intolerable change is turning Yukina-chan from the sweet, cute and polite little sister we all wanted into a bored 30 year old sounding valleygirl!!
Old 2018-07-30, 07:27   Link #138
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Screenshots of the upcoming Yu Yu Hakusho OVA:

Images
Screenshot montage
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Rather amazing how close to the original anime the art style is, just drawn with modern techniques.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 08:06   Link #139
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Botan~!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 10:09   Link #140
Kurohane

The first few images look like they're from the last few chapters.

Tags
shounen