AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-27, 03:13   Link #421
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Whoa, they actually explained the clockmaker's identity. Well ok i can live with that.

I could also feel a little bit of hotblooded hotbloodedness in that final battle, so it's not all bad...

But I really don't feel like defending this series against the haters. I had my fun with it, I'll leave it at that.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 05:14   Link #422
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Whoa, they actually explained the clockmaker's identity. Well ok i can live with that.

I could also feel a little bit of hotblooded hotbloodedness in that final battle, so it's not all bad...

But I really don't feel like defending this series against the haters. I had my fun with it, I'll leave it at that.
That's because you're wise !

I won't blame the serie as a whole (cause I already done that).
To me, the clockmaker's identity felt... random. It does make sense, but it came all of a sudden when I was not expecting it. It's a good point, but I couldn't help myself to think : "seriously ?"
EDIT : actually, the reason he started the hunt is random, not his identity.

The rest was... okay, I guess. Not great, but not that bad.

If there is one, please give us a season where the level actually count.
X-ros (the fusion) was to me a non-sense from the beginning. I want real digivolution !!

Last edited by Sageblink; 2012-03-27 at 06:12.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 10:02   Link #423
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That's where I disagree the most. The thing I liked SO MUCH about Xros Wars is that it tossed those silly evolutionary levels out the window.

It's what allows for awesome moments, like Shoutmon deflecting an attack from Lucemon Satan Mode.

It also made Super Evolution something TRULY special. Which, as I mentioned many times before, they got rid of in Xros Hunters.
Old 2012-03-27, 10:17   Link #424
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Tt also made Super Evolution something TRULY special.
I don't get what's so special about it, everyone can use that.
It just a warp-digivolve after all...
Old 2012-03-27, 10:21   Link #425
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

"just a warp-digivolve"

Oh dear lord, where to begin...

You know what, using that term in a universe without evolution levels doesn't even make any sense so I'm not even gonna bother.

And there were only 2 individuals in Xros Wars who could do it, and both of them involved a great deal of character development before they could do it. So "everyone can use that" makes even less sense.
Old 2012-03-27, 10:37   Link #426
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Sorry ! I didn't mean to upset you.
I probably missed something...

When you're talking about super evolution, you were refering to OmegaShoutmon and ZeekGreymon ?
Cause to me, the evolution in hunter is the same, that's why I'm saying that everyone can use it.
Old 2012-03-27, 13:49   Link #427
Gundamx

Don't you just love how Matt only for Omegamon and than vanish?
(Yeah I'm Taich fan.)

And is it me or did the anime just make fun of Masaru for not having google?
Spoiler for pic:

At least he solo few mega level digimon.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 14:04   Link #428
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Yeah, I have to harp on what most of the ppl say on here, that this series is the weakest one in the whole series (Frontier is happy because they got knock up from the bottom spot), but I was curious if Tamers writing staff ever did anything after Tamers?
Old 2012-03-27, 14:34   Link #429
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Cause to me, the evolution in hunter is the same, that's why I'm saying that everyone can use it.
^ Oh that.

That has been my main beef with the series from the beginning. Something that was so awesome is now suddenly something everything and their mother can do.

But I blame it on Xros Hunters' writer, who obviously did not understand where Xros Wars' original writer was going with that whole Super Evolution thing.

Super Evolution is not supposed to power-up a digimon to their "next level", it's supposed to "fast-forward" them to the form they will have hundreds of years from now.
Old 2012-03-27, 16:40   Link #430
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Yeah, I have to harp on what most of the ppl say on here, that this series is the weakest one in the whole series (Frontier is happy because they got knock up from the bottom spot), but I was curious if Tamers writing staff ever did anything after Tamers?
I liked Frontier...

Quote:
^ Oh that.

That has been my main beef with the series from the beginning. Something that was so awesome is now suddenly something everything and their mother can do.
I didn't pay enough attention to your post. After reading it once again, I missed the fact you were talking about the evolution in X-ros War.
My apologies ! But we do agree on that point.
Old 2012-03-27, 21:07   Link #431
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 79: Burn UP, Tagiru! The Digimon Hunt of Glory!

The ending was plainly bleh and flat to me, and I would have liked it had the writers put up the conclusion in an ambiguous note like, for example, the ending of Digimon Tamers.
Spoiler:

Second, for this final battle they pulled out a unique scenario a la End of Evangelion to signal to the kids watching this show that Tagiru became the super-Star of the season surpassing Taiki
Spoiler:

Also, what happened to the comrades and friends of the previous five heroes?
I mean they either appeared to provide a helping hand or made cameo appearances in the previous episode to help against the Quartzmon's invasion in the Xros War's universe but dissappeared like smoke in this final one.

I'm impressionable guy and had fun with the last episode, but one episode or even a finalé can redeem an entire series of redundant tropes and episodic content showing signs of not progressing towards a definite direction.

What piqued my interest were that Quartzmon in both design, appearance, and attack is one hell gross of a Digimon or digital entity. What it did to everyone by turning them to data and using their data as parts of its body was a doomsday nightmare for me to watch.
Quartzmon easily topples the D-Reaper and puts itself on par with Apocalymon as not only hideous, but a freaking God-like entity of pure destruction.

The other plot that was given conclusion and caught my attention was through Taiki finding out the identity of the clock-maker, old man.
Spoiler:

I hope that I don't end up being the last person posting before the frenzy has quiet down.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 07:52   Link #432
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Spoiler for Bugramon's identity:

Last edited by Dengar; 2012-03-31 at 12:00.
Old 2012-03-30, 09:31   Link #433
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Actually I'm going to go back on a little of what I said, I don't dislike Hunters entirely. I really liked the insert music.
Since the existence of this season gave birth to the insert music they used, I can say it pretty well justifies having been made.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-01, 14:07   Link #434
wisteria233

Quote:
^ Oh that.

But I blame it on Xros Hunters' writer, who obviously did not understand where Xros Wars' original writer was going with that whole Super Evolution thing.

Super Evolution is not supposed to power-up a digimon to their "next level", it's supposed to "fast-forward" them to the form they will have hundreds of years from now.
Actually Xros Wars 2 Long title is considered a part of the Xros Wars season (not a separate sequel like 02) and was written by the same person who wrote Xros Wars. Its said that the writer was surprised that they were even getting a second season. So its more a case of the writer themselves not really understanding Super Evolution or their own system.

The manga was written by a different person however, since its story is of a much higher quality maybe it was for the best.

Thing about Digimon levels is that they're not only power levels they basically also broadcast the age of the digimon, so it actually made it easier for writers to figure out, what digimon was stronger than what, based on level, unless they're an anomaly like Lucemon.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 04:05   Link #435
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Whereas in the Xros universe, a digimon's strength is based on its experience and talent. I just like this idea better, especially since it meant seeing the members of Xros Heart get some fighting time outside of their Xros forms.

This is strange. You are correct that the writers are the same all around. So why the sudden art shift and changing of the mechanics and turning Super Evolution into well... Normal evolution, which is actually now inferior to DigiXros? O_o
Old 2012-04-03, 10:56   Link #436
Diveman

I hope we are getting a new Digimon series this or next year, and hopefully with a new concept and a better plot.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 12:49   Link #437
wisteria233

Quote:
Whereas in the Xros universe, a digimon's strength is based on its experience and talent. I just like this idea better, especially since it meant seeing the members of Xros Heart get some fighting time outside of their Xros forms.

This is strange. You are correct that the writers are the same all around. So why the sudden art shift and changing of the mechanics and turning Super Evolution into well... Normal evolution, which is actually now inferior to DigiXros? O_o
Actually that's a general franchise rule, that has been in existence before Xros Wars even started abusing it. Yes, a lower evolution level digimon that is just generally stronger than average, due to experience, this was true in V-Tamers, Tamers, Savers and several other digimon manga. But if they come across a digimon that is just of a higher level and has the experience to back it up, so no amount of strategy helps then the lower level has no choice but to evolve themselves. But remember that evolution level tends to signify "age" more so than anything else.

The biggest example of this is actually V-Tamer where Taichi and his partner Zero would actually win battles against higher level digimon due to smart strategy. However, when Zero and Taichi were truly beaten by a digimon that not only was of a higher evolution level, but had more experience, that was when they decided that Zero needed to evolve.

But the way how Xros Wars did it didn't even take into the type of digimon into account they were using or even its individual abilities, which resulted in them seriously nerfing a lot of the digimon that they put Shoutmon up against for the sake having the protagonist win all the time . Which is why hardcore digimon fans can't stand the way how Xros Wars handles the digimon system.

Actually normal evolution isn't inferior at all, but rather all the evolved digimon in Xros Wars were nerfed for that season. I mean it look up some of the digimon that Shoutmon went up against on Wikimon (not wikia because they have a habit of just being wrong), they should have been a heck of a lot stronger than how they appeared. Also Zeed Milleniummon is a normal evolutionary digimon and Shoutmon X7 still wouldn't be able to defeat him.

It wouldn't surprise me though if they abandon DigiXros all together after this.
wisteria233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 08:10   Link #438
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

My point being, there is a point in the majority of Digimon universes where a Digimon will HAVE to evolve in order to win, and will never win unless they figure out a way to evolve.

I just prefer the system in Xros Wars where your guys can still kick some ass without having to evolve or DigiXros.

I never said (or meant to say) that evolution in the OTHER series is inferior to DigiXros. It's more or less the same thing actually. In Xros Wars, Super Evolution was like this big huge power boost over DigiXros. Whereas in Xros Hunters, all of this was inverted. For example, OmegaShoutmon could beat Tactimon, which earlier on required a (struggling) X5. Later on, Super Evolution became more awesome with Shoutmon DX. Whereas in Hunters it's pretty clear that X4 is apparently MUCH stronger than Arresterdramon. It just doesn't click with me.

What I'm saying is, the great power gap between an unevolved digimon and an evolved digimon suddenly became almost negligible inbetween seasons.
Old 2012-04-04, 14:38   Link #439
Gundamx

If my memory is right same thing happen in digimon 01

First time they fought champion level they needed Greymon to win(Yeah only Taichi give food to Agumon) but second time they ace it with 4~ rookie level.
Which let them learn that they can't defeat the 4 mega digimon with just mega level but they need experiences too.

(Or something since it been age since last time i saw it...)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 17:52   Link #440
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah but it's much more pronounced in Xros Wars. Like the time when Shoutmon saved Greymon and MailBirdramon all by himself.