AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-07-24, 17:52   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Muv-Luv Franchise - FanFiction Discussion

Welcome to the Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv FanFiction Discussion thread.

This thread is meant for Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv fanfiction and its discussion. Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum and linked to in this thread. You may also link to Fanfiction works posted on other sites and discuss it here.

General rules of our forum still apply:
  • No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members
  • Have fun, but post intelligently

Please respect the authors, fanfictions are written in their free time, they have have no gain and owe you nothing; if they like a particular character and/or a particular pattern for their story, it's a personal choice and can't be blamed. In general, you are free to post constructive criticisms but not insults which (as in any other part of the forums) won't be tolerated. Remember that writers post here to get help and not to get troubles.

Thanks and have fun
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 21:29   Link #2
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Interestingly, I've gone one already. And so does the ASOC Project from OCC Studio. This universe is pretty cool for mecha fans, and even more so when said fans want some gore.
Old 2012-07-24, 22:10   Link #3
novalysis

One of the main elements of Muv Luv that makes it so prime for Fanfic fuel is it's essential premise of transferring characters from a lighter, softer, more idealistic world and genre like Muv Luv Extra, into the grim nature of Muv Luv Unlimited and Alternative.

It is very prime crossover fanfic fuel. There are plenty of characters in animes with much more lighter themes, from Rom-Coms, Slice of Life and certain variants of Shounen, often derisively labeled moe blobs and Generic Harem protagonists. Placing such characters into the world of Muv-Luv extra would be a brilliant exploration of these characters- clearly, some would fare better than others, some may even do better than Takeru, while some would die very, very fast.

It would be an interesting exercise, for example, to imagine if the cast of Slice of Lives such as Yuru Yuri or K-on were a tightly knitted squad Eishi pilots instead, circa 2010, in a Post-Alternative Fanfic. And then, the bodies start piling up, one by one. Or, put a Male Protagonist of your choice, from the same genre as Extra as the sole male in the squad, surrounded by his harem, and imagine how character dynamics would change as a result of being born in the world of Extra.

Another interesting scenario would be to throw your pick of Harem or Shounen Protagonists into the world of Alternative in place of Takeru, and see how they fare, as a form of character comparison. Victims may include the likes of Makoto from School Days, who'd likely get Om Nom Nom Nomed, to the likes of even more competent protagonists such as Keima Katsuragi or Negi Springfield. In the middle of these two extreme scenarios would be the likes of Kodaka from Hagani.

The third, more general Category would be to pit the BETAS up against other Mecha Universes or Sci Fi Universes, like Code Geass. A Human-BETA war on a more even technological footing might be a fascinating exploration. A grim and dangerous enemy, but not the hopeless war of Alternative and Unlimited.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 22:24   Link #4
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
The third, more general Category would be to pit the BETAS up against other Mecha Universes or Sci Fi Universes, like Code Geass. A Human-BETA war on a more even technological footing might be a fascinating exploration. A grim and dangerous enemy, but not the hopeless war of Alternative and Unlimited.
But then you also must realize, considering what the BETA are, if the BETA start to actually think that they are in trouble, there is a possibility they'll call for help from combat-oriented strains, or even their masters. More despair! Yay!
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 22:33   Link #5
John117xCortana

I'd like to see how Macross Frontier VFs and Gundam Unicorn mobile suits fare against the BETAS.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 22:53   Link #6
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Actually, frankly speaking, any SF verse which has space ships and orbital fire will RAPE the BETA.

VFs... depends on the era. From Plus onwards (post-2040),Valkyries were equipped with pinpoint barrier systems, which could intercept enemy fire - I can see them using those to deal with laser BETA. Saturation Itano circus would work well enough once all the lasers are clear. Ditto for Gundam Unicorn, given that they've got antibeam coatings... well, on the hero suits, at any rate.

One thing to remember though is that any verse with spaceships can thus deliver orbital fire. BETA, as I recall, home in on silicon and other electronics - or at least assign those targeting priority. Which is all find and well to intercept MIRVs... not so much use against a wave motion gun fired from orbit, or kinetic energy weapons, which are essentially metal shells fired down at high speed, causing destruction by the force of their impact.

In fact, if we're talking about a verse, Stargate SG-1. SG-1 would wipe the floor with BETA. A BETA incursion will not happen on SG-1 Earth, what with the small fleet of BC-304 battlecruisers they have and their precision teleporter tech. Wanna take out a hive? Teleport a nuke INTO the hive and watch the fireworks. Or fire railgun slugs from orbit into the BETA formations. That's not accounting for the Dakara superweapon either.

And last, because it has to be said: When you absolutely need to cleanse a continent of BETA, accept no substitutes. Deploy a Bolo. "Honor of the regiment."

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 22:59   Link #7
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
I'd like to see how Macross Frontier VFs and Gundam Unicorn mobile suits fare against the BETAS.
I personally crave to see Turn A and Turn X massacring the BETA. What I'm curious about is what the rest of the BETA or their creators will develop to counter such machines.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 23:01   Link #8
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The creators of the BETA are a prime example of a race that would make it to the top of the Deathwatch's "Xenos that need to die badly" list along with the Incubators, really.
Old 2012-07-24, 23:04   Link #9
novalysis

Incubators vs The BETA Creators!

Place your bets!
Old 2012-07-24, 23:07   Link #10
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Actually, frankly speaking, any SF verse which has space ships and orbital fire will RAPE the BETA.

VFs... depends on the era. From Plus onwards (post-2040),Valkyries were equipped with pinpoint barrier systems, which could intercept enemy fire - I can see them using those to deal with laser BETA. Saturation Itano circus would work well enough once all the lasers are clear. Ditto for Gundam Unicorn, given that they've got antibeam coatings... well, on the hero suits, at any rate.

One thing to remember though is that any verse with spaceships can thus deliver orbital fire. BETA, as I recall, home in on silicon and other electronics - or at least assign those targeting priority. Which is all find and well to intercept MIRVs... not so much use against a wave motion gun fired from orbit, or kinetic energy weapons, which are essentially metal shells fired down at high speed, causing destruction by the force of their impact.

In fact, if we're talking about a verse, Stargate SG-1. SG-1 would wipe the floor with BETA. A BETA incursion will not happen on SG-1 Earth, what with the small fleet of BC-304 battlecruisers they have and their precision teleporter tech. Wanna take out a hive? Teleport a nuke INTO the hive and watch the fireworks. Or fire railgun slugs from orbit into the BETA formations. That's not accounting for the Dakara superweapon either.

And last, because it has to be said: When you absolutely need to cleanse a continent of BETA, accept no substitutes. Deploy a Bolo. "Honor of the regiment."
The BETA are the equivalent of resource collectors for a space-faring civilization, obviously they'll be easily dispatched by anything capable of remotely contacting their masters.

What makes the BETA dangerous to a external SF universe, like Stargate or Macross, is the dangers of attracting the attention of their masters, who are at such a level of development as to require at least galactic-scale resource extraction to sustain their civilization.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 23:10   Link #11
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:

Place your bets!
I think even the Reapers would be better a match for Kyuubei. The BETA? They are just Scrin by another name, pitted against a foe even less prepared than NOD.
Old 2012-07-24, 23:20   Link #12
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I think even the Reapers would be better a match for Kyuubei. The BETA? They are just Scrin by another name, pitted against a foe even less prepared than NOD.
Hmm, let's say theoretically, that the BETAs invade the Madoka Magica world, at around the same time they did in Unlimited/Eclipse. If this is the post - Ultimate Madoka world, odds are, the losses to the human population and Grief Cube production would be unacceptable. Just how much damage can Puella Magis deal to BETAs alone? Or will we possibly see far more advanced TSFs by 2000, thanks to subtle Incubator technological transfers?
Old 2012-07-24, 23:22   Link #13
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The main problem here is that while the lot of you guys know about the BETA, there doesn't seem to be much to go on about their creators, which is obviously the bigger threat here. Frankly we don't know just how advanced their tech is compared to the puny things gunking up what's supposed to be a routine resource-gathering operation in an isolated backwater. They could be as advanced as the Vorlons or the Shadows for all we know.

That said, given a situational vacuum, depending on whether these creators even have a centralized homeworld or system... I'd like to see a BETA Creators vs. Tyranid Hive Fleet Leviathan. Just because.
Old 2012-07-25, 07:40   Link #14
novalysis

On a more down to earth and less speculative front, I wonder what would it be like if various characters from similar genres to Extra, and normally upbeat genres like Slice of Life shows were placed in Muv Luv.

Certainly, I think the Muv Luv Universe would clearly demonstrate that there is great diversity in both personality and competency among the so called "generic Harem protagonist" class of characters.
Old 2012-07-25, 07:45   Link #15
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:

Place your bets!
I bet on Gundam 00's pilot's diplomatic way of handling the alien situation... well, he could simply massacre the BETA using the QUANTA?QUATUM watchamacolit... hehehe
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 08:22   Link #16
novalysis

Quote:
On a more down to earth and less speculative front, I wonder what would it be like if various characters from similar genres to Extra, and normally upbeat genres like Slice of Life shows were placed in Muv Luv.

Certainly, I think the Muv Luv Universe would clearly demonstrate that there is great diversity in both personality and competency among the so called "generic Harem protagonist" class of characters.
As an illustration of this point, here's an example of how a crossover with a harem Protagonist in the world of Muv Luv Alternative might play out.

It was first posted on Spacebattles by Atreidestrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreidestrooper
Hmm, that makes think of an idea I once had. Though I am not really qualified to post this idea, as most of my Muv Luv knowledge comes from the Japanese Wiki of Muv Luv Alternative(a rather extensive wiki, to it's credit), and numerous Japanese fan fics.
A Muv Luv Saito summoned into Halkeginia by Louise-thing.

Saito Hiraga, Captain of the United Nations European Army 13th Tactical Surface Fighter division, who has just lost his squadron.
And it looks like he is next on the enemies' menu, his Tactical Surface Fighter(Muv-Luv Alt-Verse's mecha) being a scrap heap with the amount of battering it has taken.
Saito, while not given up the fight, sees his situation as futile anyway. Radio Chatter consists of pleads and screams of agony, and the tactical map shows so much red.
He flips the self destruct button, determined to use his life to kill the bastards that took his unit, his comrades, his one love.

The resulting explosion wipes his consciousness out. Black.
But he comes to, hearing a voice he wished to, and at the same time feared to, hear.

"Who are you?"

The voice of Captain Louise Valliere, that noble Knight who he loved so much, and who he had lost when she sacrificed herself to save him.
That day, years ago, had almost broken his will to go on. He could not stop mourning, that smile of reassurance haunting his memories.
The last words before the Data-link failed; "I saved you." Words that continues to haunt his dreams.

And she does not know him.

Oh, is that Guiche, his wingman and best buddy? And there is Kirche and Charlotte, the duo whose teamwork and ferocity in combat was admired even by the best Aces in the division?
Guiche, who died saving a new pilot who lost it and charged into the enemy. The new kid was a lost cause any way, sent back to the hospital with PTSD.
Kirche and Charlotte, both loyal to each other to a fault, had distracted the BETA long enough to call for artillery bombardment. They didn't survive, but the bombardment bought precious time.
Saito endured all of their deaths, because it is the way of the TSF pilot to remember and live, to survive.

They don't know him.

Then he meets Siesta, who in Saito's home world was the Command Post officer who was the last person he spoke with before flipping the switch.
The girl, who, in her mock attempts at seducing Saito had caused the fair and noble Captain to act like the girl she was inside, and was the one who supported Saito after the Captain died.
She was also a fellow survivor, keeping the memories of the dead alive with her.

She does not know him either, but greets Saito in the same, warm manner as She did when Saito first joined Captain Valliere's command.

I think this is the point Saito breaks down.
Because for all their differences of social standing, manners, speech, and ideals, he sees his comrades in arms.
He still sees them.
Old 2012-07-25, 08:28   Link #17
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
That said, given a situational vacuum, depending on whether these creators even have a centralized homeworld or system... I'd like to see a BETA Creators vs. Tyranid Hive Fleet Leviathan. Just because.
NOM vs NOM for the irony, eh? Seems fitting, somehow.

Also, thanks to this image, I now can't get the image of an F-22 in custom colors soloing a horde of BETA, and surviving, all set to Megalith - Agnus Dei.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2012-07-25 at 08:47.
Old 2012-07-25, 09:36   Link #18
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Hmm, let's say theoretically, that the BETAs invade the Madoka Magica world, at around the same time they did in Unlimited/Eclipse. If this is the post - Ultimate Madoka world, odds are, the losses to the human population and Grief Cube production would be unacceptable. Just how much damage can Puella Magis deal to BETAs alone? Or will we possibly see far more advanced TSFs by 2000, thanks to subtle Incubator technological transfers?
Yes it would be 10 years too early to lose the people who will give rise to Madoka.

And I'd think that we'd have super-robot-esque TSFs, because a scientist made a contract with Kyubei, like the many girls in history before her.

But really, guys, MuvLuv works by itself. Filling the whole first page with xovers is starting off the wrong foot!

Guess I'll post a short soon. I'm dealing mostly from the COSEAN perspective.
Old 2012-07-25, 10:12   Link #19
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Heh, I've got an idea for a mini-series also dealing with the COSEAN perspective, specifically a small team of Malaysian pilots with a new girl who thinks she's shit hot, a Sergeant who's on the brass' shit list, and an Only Sane Man CO who is fervently grateful that ANZAC has arrived, as it means he can go and beg them for spare parts for Malaysian Hornets.

This is intended to be sometime in the early or mid-90s, before COSEAN standardises to the Super Hornet.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-07-25, 10:24   Link #20
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Mine's later, in 2001. That guy who's to lead a squad into Johor, get a down pilot and get out.

Guys, guns, and grenades, against Soldiers and Tanks being podded in by catapult BETA classes north of the Thai-Malaysia border.

Air cover is getting shot down by a Laser that managed to land.

Not going to end well.

Tags
fanfiction, harem