AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-20, 15:37   Link #1021
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Except it was quite clear they were uninterested in becoming vassals.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 15:59   Link #1022
marvelB

Can't we just compromise and say that "both countries are being dicks"?

Well, I already made my own comments on the root(s) of the conflict a while back, so no need for me to repeat it here. Now I'll just sit back and watch everyone slaughter each other while rooting for the side who kicks the greater amount of ass (which will probably be Reim at this point).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 16:29   Link #1023
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Ah, yes, preemptive self-defense.

Rehm is the one with a history of being, well, an empire. Magnostadt just wants to be a country by and for magicians. The lives of non-magicians in it aren't exactly rosy, but that's not why Rehm invaded.

Let's not kid around: Rehm invaded because they want to conquer the world. The worst Magnostadt's done is maybe alter the timetable and refuse to give in without a fight.
Well, one thing to consider is her role as a post-Solomon magi.
It's HEAVILY hinted through out how dangerous magic is, and may have been one of the key reasons for the catastrophy. Aladdin has hinted this several times. And for Magno to be developing dark technologies and advanced magic weaponry obviously disturbs Sheherazade.

Remember, separate from the empire's interest, her main primary concern started out after the discovery of magic tools being smuggled into her nation.
Old 2013-01-20, 16:49   Link #1024
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah. But even so, I have little sympathy for her. She's a magi - as long as she didn't demand they surrender to the Empire, they'd at least have listened to her if she'd offered reasoned arguments and compromise. It might not have worked, but it should still have been tried.
Old 2013-01-21, 01:17   Link #1025
Rainrir
Tin Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Well, one thing to consider is her role as a post-Solomon magi.
It's HEAVILY hinted through out how dangerous magic is, and may have been one of the key reasons for the catastrophy. Aladdin has hinted this several times. And for Magno to be developing dark technologies and advanced magic weaponry obviously disturbs Sheherazade.

Remember, separate from the empire's interest, her main primary concern started out after the discovery of magic tools being smuggled into her nation.
I don't really think Sche (or Yunan) is a post-Solomon's Wisdom Magi, especially since the activation ritual for going to the Holy Palace seems to have been only performed by Ugo thus far, with no indication that any other Djinn or existing being can do it (especially since Ugo seems to be a unique Djinn). Not to mention that is is possible to be a Magi, but never receive Solomon's wisdom as per Judal.

I am not sure, but I do not see any evidence of her being a post Solomon's Wisdom Magi. Which would mean she might not necessary be aware of what happened in Alma Toran. Fundamentally, Sche's reason to invade to get a strategic location in the war against Kou, and deny the possibiliity of magical weapons of Magoshuatt from falling into Kou's hands. I don't think she has a real goal beyond the perpetuation of Laem's hegemony.

In any case, I don't see how Aladdin is concerned with Morga's nuke. I mean there isn't any rule that prevents the beseiged to take offensive actions, hence the term nuclear deterence. I also don't think it is right to call it genocide, but eh whatever. Magoshuatt really like ****** isn't it? Even right down to the I will nuke-you-if-you-threaten-by-existance.
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 03:44   Link #1026
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Ch.170: Wow, secretly developed magical nuke/WMD in my manga ? OK, where's my IMEA's ( International Magoi Energy Asscociation ) inspectors ?

Jokes aside, this chapter was good, Magno didn't go down as easily as I thought and the Fanalis corp finally show up. Man, their face at the last panel all scream: "It's rape time!!!".

On the Scher's reason for war, I also think the real reason to start the war is strategic advantage when it come to a future war with Kou Empire. Titus and Magno's magical tools is just second reason for this war. We has seen from her first appearance that she's the kind of people that will do anything to protect her country ( Reim Empire ). When it comes to "Utopia justifies the mean", Scher is just as bad as Mogamett.

Btw, I don't think she's a Magi from Solomon's time. For the people to forget about Alma Toran's existence and world's many language, that period must be at least several thousand years ago and Scher is just 200yo. Also, we don't see any evidence that a Magi can be immortal for that long yet.
Old 2013-01-21, 08:32   Link #1027
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Damn, germany got them nukes first.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 13:14   Link #1028
shalala

Magno's mecha was kinda cool. I wonder how they where able to get it outside the school. Also am I the only one that thinks there was cables sticking out of it? that is probably used to give it energy.

What about them faces. The faces that pretty much say that magno's tin can is going to be taken apart with pure power while they smile about it. Don't forget that their hair are alll Pink.

Also does this mean that the 2 other metal users and lolimagi are stiilll in Leam? Because surely it would have been better if they where closeish to the battle field if that was needed.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 13:59   Link #1029
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Damn, germany got them nukes first.
Germany? Magnostadt, you mean? I think they're supposed to be the equivalent of Israel.
Old 2013-01-21, 15:03   Link #1030
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainrir View Post
I don't really think Sche (or Yunan) is a post-Solomon's Wisdom Magi, especially since the activation ritual for going to the Holy Palace seems to have been only performed by Ugo thus far, with no indication that any other Djinn or existing being can do it (especially since Ugo seems to be a unique Djinn). Not to mention that is is possible to be a Magi, but never receive Solomon's wisdom as per Judal.

I am not sure, but I do not see any evidence of her being a post Solomon's Wisdom Magi. Which would mean she might not necessary be aware of what happened in Alma Toran. Fundamentally, Sche's reason to invade to get a strategic location in the war against Kou, and deny the possibiliity of magical weapons of Magoshuatt from falling into Kou's hands. I don't think she has a real goal beyond the perpetuation of Laem's hegemony.

In any case, I don't see how Aladdin is concerned with Morga's nuke. I mean there isn't any rule that prevents the beseiged to take offensive actions, hence the term nuclear deterence. I also don't think it is right to call it genocide, but eh whatever. Magoshuatt really like ****** isn't it? Even right down to the I will nuke-you-if-you-threaten-by-existance.
I didn't say Shehera is a Solomon's wizdom magi.
I said post-Solomon magi, as in, post "Solomon Era" magi.
She is the oldest living magi currently, and I would expect her and Yunan to have some knowledge of the Alma Toran incident, even if less so than Aladdin, the Solomon's favorite magi.
Old 2013-01-22, 10:00   Link #1031
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
so that justifies invading another country right? yeah.....
When it's threatening Rhem themselves? Sure. Definitely

And as for your US and Russia example. Moot. Magic doesn't exist in our world where souls and life forces abound. Nor is there corruption coming off from whatever Al Sarmen spawned thing in wizard land
Old 2013-01-22, 23:10   Link #1032
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Could someone please tell me what was so special about the morgiana manga special if it is only a retell of the chapter where she fights the tigers.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 23:21   Link #1033
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Could someone please tell me what was so special about the morgiana manga special if it is only a retell of the chapter where she fights the tigers.
IT has Morgiana in it?
Old 2013-01-22, 23:30   Link #1034
alquimio_125

Spoiler for Magi Wiki:

Could someone tell me which chapter or special did this happen?
I do not remember that this never happened. So this can be invented that or I have a bad memory.
alquimio_125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 23:31   Link #1035
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
IT has Morgiana in it?
Indeed, but I was expecting some side-story or at worst(best?) some gravure shots of Morgiana showing how her body has grown thanks to her hard training. >_<
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 03:12   Link #1036
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Germany? Magnostadt, you mean? I think they're supposed to be the equivalent of Israel.
i'm pretty sure it's nazi germany
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 06:11   Link #1037
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

No, they are more like Israel with a bit of Iran's Islamic Revolution. From one of my post about Magnostadt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
IMO, Magnoshutatt seems more like a combination of pre-WWII Jewish people ( a group of people/race that hold valuable knowledges but was hated and treated like sub-human by most people around them ) and Iran's revolution ( oppressed people that overthrow the ruling dynasty and they were lead by a high priest/scholar - in Magi's case: a magician ).

Even Moganett's ideal is similar to Zionism: He's trying to attract all the world's magicians to his country so magicians will not be harmed and discriminated anymore.

Compare him with Magneto would be more accurate )
Old 2013-01-23, 07:18   Link #1038
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Magnoshutatt is most definitely Israel. I mean, come on, persecuted people rise and form a nation with its primary goal to invite all of the people of the shared legacy to build the county just for themselves? Hell, even easier, the usage of the word GOI? The entire ideology of Magnoshutatt is basically taking Zionism to an extreme end in a fantasy setting.

Not to mention, after successfully overthrowing the monarchs, they invaded smaller nations nearby to form the current Magnoshutatt nation. So Magno's whole "evil are the invaders!" is nothing but hypocracy at its best. Not justifying Roman expansion, but poor victims Magno ain't.

Last edited by aohige; 2013-01-23 at 08:20. Reason: spelling errors
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 07:24   Link #1039
Raviel

I just got into the manga recently and managed to catch up with the latest chapter.

The war aside, I'm really starting to worry about Sinbad's state of mind, his zeal to protect Sindria and fight Al Sarmen looks like its going to drag him and other people down when things get ugly (excluding the 8 generals of course, they all look like they're going to follow him no matter what happens).
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 10:55   Link #1040
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Magnoshutatt is most definitely Israel. I mean, come on, persecuted people rise and form a nation with its primary goal to invite all of the people of the shared legacy to build the county just for themselves? Hell, even easier, the usage of the word GOI? The entire ideology of Magnoshutatt is basically taking Zionism to an extreme end in a fantasy setting.

Not to mention, after successfully overthrowing the monarchs, they invaded smaller nations nearby to form the current Magnoshutatt nation. So Magno's whole "evil are the invaders!" is nothing but hypocracy at its best. Not justifying Roman expansion, but poor victims Magno ain't.
I've forgotten, did they invade anyone? I thought they were practically a city-state. I mean, it's in the name. Big City. And everyone's treating it like Reme only needs to invade one city for the war to be over.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen