AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-27, 18:52   Link #901
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Read on gamefaqs forum a debate whether MGR's dev time should include the dev time it was still designated MGS:R while under KojiPro. So what do you guys think? Should the time in KojiPro be counted to give MGR as having 4 years dev time or more? Or do we only count post production studio switch which means Platinum only made this in about a year and a half?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 18:57   Link #902
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
MGR? PS3 only. There is no 360 version in Japan. It was cancelled during development.
*facepalm*

I forgot

Quote:
I think so too. DmC was a big disappointment for many. I mean BP and Vorgil DLC was released and it's like no one cares. I am happy. Platinum finally gets the sales they deserve and we get a bloody awesome action game.
Point- if I didn't stumble over it I wouldn't even have heard how VD turned out.... hell I don't think anybody is talking about BP...

Quote:
The only sad thing is that barely anyone from the media commends Platinum for basically saving Konamis ass and developing this game in 2 years.
I heard it was little over 1 year
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 19:31   Link #903
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
*facepalm*

I forgot
I can see why they did it but I think it still would have sold around 60k. It's too bad because maybe it could have been a 400k launch.

Regardless I can see the LTD sales around 450k-500k for MGR if it follows the normal drop off rate and has some legs. For a single platform, action spin-off that's really big.

Quote:
Point- if I didn't stumble over it I wouldn't even have heard how VD turned out.... hell I don't think anybody is talking about BP...
I totally forgot that it was released the same day as Rising. I only remembered because I lurk in the DmC thread.

Quote:
I heard it was little over 1 year
Yeah it's something between 1 or 2 years. We know from the interview that Inaba said he aproached Kojima in the begining of 2011. The first trailer was from December 2011. So they switched the engine, changed the gameplay, the bosses, the sick OST and all the other stuff in less then 2 years. It's crazy. Where are all the articles praising them?
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 19:43   Link #904
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Read on gamefaqs forum a debate whether MGR's dev time should include the dev time it was still designated MGS:R while under KojiPro. So what do you guys think? Should the time in KojiPro be counted to give MGR as having 4 years dev time or more? Or do we only count post production studio switch which means Platinum only made this in about a year and a half?
Most of the time we're only talking about Platinum Games when it comes to development, especially gameplay mechanics, so I'll only count the time where they are involved.

Besides, MGS:R was technically dropped and scrapped and P* had to redo everything on their engine.
Old 2013-02-27, 19:59   Link #905
jb8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

(Oh btw, their next excuse would be Metal Gear is a bigger brand name than DMC )
Let's not act like MGR fans wouldn't do the same if the situation was reversed (see DmC vs MGR reviews). We'd hear something along the lines of "platinum games never sell, but it's still a good game regardless etc."

Point is that such things are meaningless. You don't need silly numbers or journalism to tell me that MGR is a great action game despite its flaws.
jb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 20:13   Link #906
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb8 View Post
Let's not act like MGR fans wouldn't do the same if the situation was reversed (see DmC vs MGR reviews). We'd hear something along the lines of "platinum games never sell, but it's still a good game regardless etc."
Who knows? Maybe in some parallel dimension where Kojima partnered with NT and Clover studio were never screwed over by Capcom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb8 View Post
Point is that such things are meaningless. You don't need silly numbers or journalism to tell me that MGR is a great action game despite its flaws.
Then none of this should concern you one bit now shouldn't it?
Old 2013-02-27, 20:47   Link #907
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just sharing stuff

A replica of Raiden's lost arm that contains the teaser video.

Raiden by Hiro Mashima

Raiden's family by Shinkawa

??
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 20:56   Link #908
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I like the family picture.
Old 2013-02-27, 21:29   Link #909
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I'm really loving that family picture... I was always wondering how Raiden spends time with his family with a body like that...

Definately getting a Solidous vibe from it though~
Old 2013-02-27, 23:33   Link #910
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Now Iam wondering after the ending, did Raiden left his family again?
Old 2013-02-27, 23:48   Link #911
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Now Iam wondering after the ending, did Raiden left his family again?
I was watching a Let's Play. It seems he moved his wife to NewZealand for her safety. I think he just tends to go where ever and send money back home. Your typical salary man who is never around the house.

Japan has a tendency to dump people in Australia/ NewZealand in order to put them out of mind. Like it is some far away mystical land untouched by normal worries of war and death. Can't blame them though.
Old 2013-02-27, 23:52   Link #912
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Why not the north pole then with Santa? lol
Well anyways I can agree and dig with the father not always home with Raiden being a cyborg mercenary vigilante and all, but I really wanted to see older faces.

*Whispers* old Snake.
Old 2013-02-28, 00:09   Link #913
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Another codec conversation with kelvin says his contract with maverick was a 90 day tour of duty.

This was just before mistral boss fight

He had intended to visit them when he is done.
Old 2013-02-28, 00:10   Link #914
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Why not the north pole then with Santa? lol
Well anyways I can agree and dig with the father not always home with Raiden being a cyborg mercenary vigilante and all, but I really wanted to see older faces.

*Whispers* old Snake.
One very very curious question.... since Raiden is practically machine, what about sex?
Old 2013-02-28, 00:22   Link #915
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
One very very curious question.... since Raiden is practically machine, what about sex?
At this point cybernetic advancements are good enough to cover both their needs. Raiden's brain is already so wired up that it doesn't matter much to add one attachment for physical pleasure. We are talking about Ghost In The Shell level technology here; I do believe there wouldn't be an issue. But obviously not appropriate to discuss in a video-game setting.

The only question is if his wife might ask him to wear his combat gear to bed once in a while.
Old 2013-02-28, 00:52   Link #916
defki

After that final battle I honestly doubt there is anything that can't be solved with nanomachines
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 07:02   Link #917
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

I am now up to Monsoon. he's kicking my butt too, but I will go on and unlock very hard mode.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 09:33   Link #918
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
I am now up to Monsoon. he's kicking my butt too, but I will go on and unlock very hard mode.

EM granade him when hes splitting apart when you attack and when he hits you with the smoke bomb just ninja run in circles and attack with square.
Old 2013-02-28, 11:05   Link #919
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Check it out. There is an official Metal Gear site in which fans can post their own images.
http://artstudio.metalgearsolid.com
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 15:01   Link #920
kyouray
2D > 3D

There's a lot of impressive stuff. Some drawings are also funny.