AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 39 24.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 28.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 51 32.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 10.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.63%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-08, 12:17   Link #61
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
Oh Lord, but suppose Mikuru was Kyon's sister (just suppose), or even Kyon's sister's daughter (or something), that... daaaaaang. Well darn, there goes my pairing.
I feel your pain but I intend to hold on to the last straw of hope till there is a confirmation of no esacape from the possibility of Mikuru's somehow being related to Kyon by blood. Disturbing, intriguing, and saddening. At the same time I've to admit that the potential taboo can spice things up even further.
Old 2006-05-08, 12:47   Link #62
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I feel your pain but I intend to hold on to the last straw of hope till there is a confirmation of no esacape from the possibility of Mikuru's somehow being related to Kyon by blood. Disturbing, intriguing, and saddening. At the same time I've to admit that the potential taboo can spice things up even further.
So Mikuru stays in the past and marries him. Then, far in the future, he notices something on his granddaughter or great granddaughter that indicates that she is not just named after her grandmother or great grandmother. A real time loop.
Old 2006-05-08, 13:12   Link #63
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
So Mikuru stays in the past and marries him. Then, far in the future, he notices something on his granddaughter or great granddaughter that indicates that she is not just named after her grandmother or great grandmother. A real time loop.
Just as much confusing as how the story is revelaed in this crazy sequence. It makes me impatient and intrigued, frustrated and fascinated... all in a loop.
Old 2006-05-08, 14:34   Link #64
Julius Firefocht

No, Mikuru can't be related to Kyon by blood. Steven0077 already posted an evidence supporting that, and here's another evidence, an extract from the translated epilogue of Volume 1 of the novel:
Spoiler:

and thusly,
Spoiler:
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Old 2006-05-08, 16:02   Link #65
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht
No, Mikuru can't be related to Kyon by blood. Steven0077 already posted an evidence supporting that, and here's another evidence, an extract from the translated epilogue of Volume 1 of the novel:
Spoiler:

and thusly,
Spoiler:
I'll have to check my novel to make sure but I suspect that bolded part in ur spoiler has been mistranslated.

edit: It was mistranslated and I changed it in the wiki...

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by melange; 2006-05-08 at 16:17.
Old 2006-05-08, 16:09   Link #66
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
She might be from the future, but can you name who's your 50th Grandma Ancestors name?

Just because it's in the future doesn't mean you will have a flawless record of your own relatives.

Granted with time travel you can elimate the missing knowledge by simply going back and checking out your family tree. But somethings just won't be 100% effective.

For all we know, Mikuru could be 26th decendant of his sister's 4th generation grandson.....

Even with time, the genetic makeup will be sufficiently different it will be the same as your next door non-relative neighbours.
After all, all humans are related, we all came from the same family/clan....

so personally i don't see a problem if they do get together....
Old 2006-05-08, 16:11   Link #67
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
She might be from the future, but can you name who's your 50th Grandma Ancestors name?

Just because it's in the future doesn't mean you will have a flawless record of your own relatives.

Granted with time travel you can elimate the missing knowledge by simply going back and checking out your family tree. But somethings just won't be 100% effective.

For all we know, Mikuru could be 26th decendant of his sister's 4th generation grandson.....

Even with time, the genetic makeup will be sufficiently different it will be the same as your next door non-relative neighbours.
After all, all humans are related, we all came from the same family/clan....

so personally i don't see a problem if they do get together....
And we came from monkeys before that ... and monkeys don't differentiate between relatives when it comes to reproduction ...
Old 2006-05-08, 16:13   Link #68
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
... and monkeys don't differentiate between relatives when it comes to reproduction ...
ah, thats not "reproduction" thats only a social greeting, and that only happens in one species of monkey. really, please don't make it sound like its a natural thing...that only happens in Anime.
Old 2006-05-08, 16:28   Link #69
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
ah, thats not "reproduction" thats only a social greeting, and that only happens in one species of monkey. really, please don't make it sound like its a natural thing...that only happens in Anime.
Bonobos are the only ones that copulate for pleasure/greeting/status as a replacement for violence. Chimps and most other primates do not mind reproducing with family because it increases the amount of their genetic material that is passed on. It's one of the basic tenets of sociobiology.

I would know ... I have to take a test on this stuff on Thursday
Old 2006-05-09, 01:41   Link #70
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Pairing people now huh, you know there is a big wall in the way for a Kyon and Mikuru pairing and thats Haruhii her self. If you watch eps 7 err I mean eps 4 you can see as to why that is. Asahina her self told Kyon not to be too nice to her or a certain someone gets jealous, and if that certain someone is in that mood very bad things could happen.

So I dout a mikuru and kyon pairing can happen.
Old 2006-05-09, 01:57   Link #71
tritoch

Mikuru = Kyon's sister's great great grandchild chosen to warp back in time to investigate the mysterious activities?

haha that'd be cool

edit: oh wait.. i didnt read all the post, this has been mentioned.. haha.. my bad.. edited to make it look like i am reacting to an earlier post. =))
Old 2006-05-09, 04:45   Link #72
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

I guess the best we can hope for is a hot and passionate farewell session between the two, huh? Probably all he can get what with someone like that breathing down his neck. Heh.
<-- (just finished reading translated vol 1; thanks baka-tsuki guys!)
Old 2006-05-09, 06:36   Link #73
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

The whole imouto in a bag thing is cute and hilarious at the same time...XD Though I have yet to wait for the subbed version, I can't wait to watch it!
Old 2006-05-09, 07:02   Link #74
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
Bonobos are the only ones that copulate for pleasure/greeting/status as a replacement for violence. Chimps and most other primates do not mind reproducing with family because it increases the amount of their genetic material that is passed on. It's one of the basic tenets of sociobiology.

I would know ... I have to take a test on this stuff on Thursday
well i never. no wonder those chimpanzee's are alittle mental in the head.
I mean why would anyone work for Tea bags?
Only inbred monkeys apparently

Old 2006-05-09, 09:24   Link #75
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Lol, curses ... this sub needs to come out faster >:[
Old 2006-05-09, 10:39   Link #76
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

2channel report: SHnY has now more than doubled the number of posts for F/SN. It has 151 threads to F/SN's 75.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-05-09, 10:41   Link #77
Cal-Reflector

So after all that, I guess the novel-reading Jury is still out on a definitive in-novel answer to whether or not Mikuru is 100% definitely not a descendant/relative of Kyon?

In my mind, I am fully aware that as far as the romance is concerned, there is only one way things can turn out for Kyon, but a fan of alternatives as I am in these matters, I'm still intruiged by Mikuru's potential more.
Old 2006-05-09, 11:00   Link #78
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Kinda sucks that he HAS to be with Haruhi or the world ends, no? Where' the freedom? (Not saying it sucks to get stuck with Haruhi, just that he has no say in the matter )
Old 2006-05-09, 15:07   Link #79
Seras

sub out, 1 seeder and 84 leechers, including me, haha!
Old 2006-05-09, 15:13   Link #80
mp3chan
Junior, I guess

haha. It's crazy, in several minutes the leecher went up to 1000+ XD
Closed Thread