AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-15, 16:38   Link #981
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

So I saw an ad for this at the end of . . . the second ep of Imouto, I think, and decided to give it a try today. I'm pretty sure I was going to check out the manga at some point in the past but ended up forgetting about it.

Anyway, just finished the first episode and I think I'll be following this.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 21:14   Link #982
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

How is anime watcher think of Keima up to this point btw? Because when i reached this point in the manga, i still disliked him. Just like this board, i was more interested in Elsie than in Keima or the girls-with-loose(runaway)-spirits

Just so those who may think Keima's character does not worth to be the male lead will try to stay for a bit longer (or check out the manga if you can't wait) to see why we prefer to refer to him as God rather than his name, and why he probably have won my favourite male character lead of all time

PS: also, if you think the capture was too easy and full of cliche, then stay tuned. Soon, you will get on the mediate level when "all hell broke loose" (no puns intended xD)
Old 2010-10-15, 21:31   Link #983
Seihai
スマイリウム

When Keima got smacked by the sensei, he wondered how his gaming was bothering anyone during class. That left me a "wtf o_O" impression, like... doesn't he has common sense?
But at the time he showed his capturing mode and I heard this line... "I can already see the ending!", I thought that he was really badass. And it turned out to be that he was a badass anyway.
2nd episode, he's as cool as before and that BMW thing was... funny yet kind of passionate. lol
Then when he was accepting Elsie as his little sister, his good side finally showed itself, for a moment.

Finally, I read the manga from chapter one to the latest update the last 2 days and I have to say... yup, he's god.
Old 2010-10-15, 21:32   Link #984
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Don't be a smartass. You know that discussing any future events is not permitted in this thread, even behind spoiler tags. We always require that such comparisons and speculation be done in the source material thread (or in the case of sub-forums, in a dedicated thread). This isn't anything new or unique.
Oh, I know that. If anything, it's finally some minor justification for the KamiNomi sub-forum that I'm finally starting to think we might actually need (if only for a spoiler-able anime discussion thread). But I always (well, maybe not "always", but certainly from time to time) hear complaints in the source threads about adaptation discussion because there's always some source material fanatics who are convinced that the adaptation is the spawn of Satan, no matter how good it is, and will brook no discussion in their hallowed halls.

<faux_outrage>And I am offended at being called a "smartass", as I was clearly just trying to evoke some situational irony and inject a little levity to the discussion (being a smartass for the humor involved in being a smartass is God's work...no pun intended ^_^).</faux_outrage>

But I digress... It's going to get a bit sparse in this thread, since most of the posts so far seem to be about what little is different and how fast it's being adapted. About all that's spoiler-free are the 8546 image/avatar posts and the posts asking for spoilers... ^_^
Old 2010-10-15, 22:09   Link #985
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
I like how Kami goes into teaching mode about different girls' types. So unique and pretty much lol.
Yes, then insisting Mio is 99% a certain type and applying his 2D-girl derived knowledge just to find out that reality is a bit different, netting him a wrestling match with the bodyguard
Old 2010-10-15, 22:10   Link #986
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Yes, then insisting Mio is 99% a certain type and applying his 2D-girl derived knowledge just to find out that reality is a bit different, netting him a wrestling match with the bodyguard
He did expect a rejection. But it was more brutal than what he expected
Old 2010-10-15, 22:17   Link #987
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
He did expect a rejection. But it was more brutal than what he expected
Or rather, I think he expected her to get embarrassed and beat him up herself. He did think she was a tsundere, after all. The unexpected part was how calm she was about it.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 22:21   Link #988
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
It's the House Technique. Just keep trying things that fail, until right before the end, when in a moment of clarity, it all comes together and you do exactly what works...
Old 2010-10-15, 22:59   Link #989
chaos_animagic

Was it just me... or did they do a "Peanuts" style laughing at the beginning of episode 2?...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 23:01   Link #990
Clarste
Human

They did. Several people have pointed it out already, but that doesn't make it less funny.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 23:16   Link #991
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I personally found it a be a hilariously awesome ode to the one and only Charles Schultz.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 23:58   Link #992
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I personally found it a be a hilariously awesome ode to the one and only Charles Schultz.
If things go well, we'll have another . I can't help but think the author is a Penauts/Charles Schultz fan.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 09:40   Link #993
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
If things go well, we'll have another . I can't help but think the author is a Penauts/Charles Schultz fan.
Don't read too much into it. The author is a huge fan of using art shift for homage reasons. Check out the Shout Outs under the TV Tropes page, as there are plenty more instances. Beware spoilers.
Old 2010-10-16, 09:58   Link #994
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Don't read too much into it. The author is a huge fan of using art shift for homage reasons. Check out the Shout Outs under the TV Tropes page, as there are plenty more instances. Beware spoilers.
Oh I do read the manga ^^ (still catching up though), which is why i said if we're lucky we may reach the point where another Peanuts art shift happens and manglobe decides to keep it. I can't recall where it happened, but the fact it happened again made me think of what I said. Though you are right about the constant homages so it could be done just for the sake of it.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 10:10   Link #995
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Oh I do read the manga ^^ (still catching up though), which is why i said if we're lucky we may reach the point where another Peanuts art shift happens and manglobe decides to keep it. I can't recall where it happened, but the fact it happened again made me think of what I said. Though you are right about the constant homages so it could be done just for the sake of it.
Hmmm... I don't remember a second instance...

EDIT: 1K GET!!

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2010-10-16 at 16:21. Reason: 1K GET!!
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 10:30   Link #996
tsunade666

^ you just receive the 1000 post congrats

kami also shows dere soft side to elsie despite on what he all said to her. Well elsie is still clumsy and wash the pfp.

Mio is a 100 % tsundere girl from one view and I don't find the pacing problematic like the others claim or even dare to compare it to the manga because I find both interesting.

who's Charles Schultz?
Old 2010-10-16, 10:45   Link #997
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

^^^
The man responsible for this.

It makes me wonder if there was ever any relevance to Peanuts in Japan; all I could find was a old Japanese commercial though.

Probably just Wakaki's own personal referential homage; which makes him even cooler.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 13:26   Link #998
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ you just receive the 1000 post congrats

kami also shows dere soft side to elsie despite on what he all said to her. Well elsie is still clumsy and wash the pfp.

Mio is a 100 % tsundere girl from one view and I don't find the pacing problematic like the others claim or even dare to compare it to the manga because I find both interesting.

who's Charles Schultz?
Seriously?

Anyways I've heard Snoopy is a bit popular in Japan. Heck I've seen him in a h-manga, a girl wearing panties that had Snoopy.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 18:37   Link #999
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
who's Charles Schultz?
What?

You mean you don't know Charles Schultz, the creator of the popular Peanuts comics and the famous beagle in the world, Snoopy?

In the words of Charlie Brown:"Good Grief!"
Old 2010-10-16, 21:08   Link #1000
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Anyways I've heard Snoopy is a bit popular in Japan. Heck I've seen him in a h-manga, a girl wearing panties that had Snoopy.
I've never heard that he's any popular in Japan... actually, I've never even heard Snoopy being know in Japan at all.
Also, I've seen girls in all sorts of H-manga wearing all sorts of motives on their pantsu, but I wouldn't derive from that that a certain pantsu motive is popular

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen