AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-10-25, 21:31   Link #18181
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
And the Meta-World does a pretty good job of not repeating narrative arcs.

Plus, this is the final chapter. Ending it with "Then she was Angeburger. The End." would suck, regardless of how you like her as a character.
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 22:06   Link #18182
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
And the Meta-World does a pretty good job of not repeating narrative arcs.

Plus, this is the final chapter. Ending it with "Then she was Angeburger. The End." would suck, regardless of how you like her as a character.
Yes.

But then Bronove eats the Angeburger. And therefore it becomes awesome.
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 22:12   Link #18183
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Hehehehe Angeburgers

Seriously tho, Meta Ange did become Angeburgers before, so why couldn't she again?
There's also the possibility of having to be both a meta character and a "future" character at the same time, with the possibility of dying anytime in the future.

Edit: I'm not really sure where else to write/ask this. I'm very much assuming that PS3 Umineko won't be translated (that's fine) but is there a japan release date announced ?
Uh... I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was said that it would come out in December?
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 23:26   Link #18184
UsagiTenpura
Artist

@ Judoh - Thanks... wow as soon as that uh? Guess probably at comicket at the same time as arc 8?

Concerning the Ange idea, it'd be better if people read more of the thread rather then just reply to something they do not like without grasping the context.

Angeburger has been suggested within arc 8 as a possible bad ending which would only be true within a multiple ending/choices situation that is found within most VN and has been hinted to be possibly present within arc 8.

No one ever suggested either that it would occur in the same exact way, and even less that it would be the "canonical ending".
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 23:59   Link #18185
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Yea, I'm perfectly well aware of that. That's...not at all what I was objecting to in the slightest.
Old 2010-10-26, 01:53   Link #18186
Judoh
Mystery buff

An idea just struck me. I sort of wonder if Ryukishi will do something like Nasu's Kogetsu Tohya (sort of a spin off of Tsukihime). For those who haven't played it here is the idea. Like Ryukishi's works the game functions on a loop. With the choices you chose to go to various different locations which trigger different events with different people. Some of them lead to bad ends and some of them have flags that unlock different places to explore. Well it was different in Kogetsu Tohya because it's a dream world, but what I'm saying is that maybe Ryukishi would use the choice system to let the players do some actual investigating. To go around looking into different places on the island for clues and interacting with different characters. Instead of having different culprit routes we'd end up becoming the detective in the game and seeing what actually happened from that character's POV. How does that sound?

Last edited by Judoh; 2010-10-26 at 02:08.
Old 2010-10-26, 02:25   Link #18187
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Sounds awesome, actually.
Old 2010-10-26, 02:33   Link #18188
UsagiTenpura
Artist

.... The possibilities Judoh!
I mean ... we'd get to duct tape all the windows during a storm wearing a swimsuit... gah now I want you to be right, but us to control Erika, so we don't have to worry about how logical our investigation methods are (or rude).

And imagine how unfair it would be to the witch's side, we could check if doors are actually locked and if corpses are actually corpses... wait could we even sever their heads Erika style?

That idea just sound too awesome to be true, sadly.
Old 2010-10-26, 02:44   Link #18189
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Not to mention loveless. and thus useless to our attempts to discern the truth.
Old 2010-10-26, 03:15   Link #18190
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
An idea just struck me. I sort of wonder if Ryukishi will do something like Nasu's Kogetsu Tohya (sort of a spin off of Tsukihime). How does that sound?
Do you get to have sex with a cat loli at the end?

OH! Or the so awaited Ange x Mammon scene. Ange starts masturbating with that (paperweight) stake, and through imaginat... I mean, magic, Mammon comes forth, and they have sex. And then Ange lived happily ever after with her magical dildo.

Of course, this being R07, he'd replace the mollusc ero narrative with food. Something like "slowly, but steadily, the lustful stake penetrated the hot buns of the hamburger, reaching the tomato."

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-26, 06:19   Link #18191
Judoh
Mystery buff

You do realize that that scene only took up less than 1% of the entire game right?

Besides everyone here should already know that Kinzo's Dragon transformation in ep 4 was an H scene censor. Or were you unaware of Fate/stay night's "Mana transfer dragon" meme?
Old 2010-10-26, 12:48   Link #18192
Will Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehChron View Post
Oh good, then we get to kill her after all.

Hear that, Will?!
I hear you, and I'm waiting for that opportunity. I don't see why people keep calling that the bad ending!
Will Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 16:23   Link #18193
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Arguably her own death could be a somewhat interesting finale for the serie.
Like as if she basically ends up denying her own self and all the future she's from, we still have no certainty it is the truth after all.
And it would be a good ending since she'd probably only do so if Battler comes back to the real 6 years old her.
Old 2010-10-26, 16:39   Link #18194
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

I'm back after months of being sick and crap and I come back to see people making fun of my Ange?!!

MAI ANGE?!!!

That aside I'm in for a bad end... Well at least one in which I can accept.
goldenlove27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 22:04   Link #18195
Oblivion

Ange burgers? Sounds delicious. As for the ending l'm not sure how I feel about it. How would she die first of all?

Last edited by Oblivion; 2010-10-26 at 22:22.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 00:35   Link #18196
Arachanox
Trust the red.

Here's a simple and brief idea: culprit by characterization. Embrace the idea of the individual and ignore details such as the mysteries and the red truth - which character has been characterized progressively in a worse light as the series has gone on? Perhaps in this way we can guess the (true, big bad behind the scenes) culprit through writing tricks of Ryukishi.

Natsuhi and Krauss - initially as strict and perhaps unloving, redeemed in EP5 and presented favorably since.

Eva and Hideyoshi - initially evil and cruel (Eva only), 'redeemed' by EP7 and through extra TIPS (in reference to Bern and Ange).

Kyrie and Rudolf - initially calm and collected, presented as the real culprits by Bern in EP7 - so this is either a signal of her lack of love signalling out the wrong person, or a sign of their true villainship (with EP8 being the what/how/why of their actions). Personally, while really cool and fitting I am against Kyrie as the culprit.

Rosa and Maria - initially presented as a strained but ultimately good relationship (EP2), it takes a big turn for the worse in EP4, and the only other development I can think of since is the EP6 scene when MARIA goes crazy against Kanon in defense of her mother. Rosa hasn't really been redeemed.

Shannon/Kanon - not having read EP7 myself yet, I don't want to comment on this, especially with the Yasu shenanigans I've heard about.

George - BIG decline. He was initially the perfect lover, the responsible older cousin. Through EP4 and 6 we see his capacity for what could become 'evil.'

Jessica - overall favorable except for the EP6 fight against Kyrie, which may not even count.

Genji, Kumasawa, Gohda, and Nanjo - they have such little characterization that I'm willing to bet that none of them even come close to the culprit - at most they are accomplices (unwilling or misguided).

To be honest I see no reason why George has been given such negative attention without some ulterior reason.
Arachanox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 00:58   Link #18197
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

The thing is, depending on how you interpret things, you can put everyone in a favorable light.
Old 2010-10-27, 01:02   Link #18198
Dr. Casey

I don't think it should be forgotten that Jessica abandoned Battler when they were children, or that the ritual to ressurect Beatrice never would have succeeded without her help.
Dr. Casey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 01:08   Link #18199
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachanox View Post
Here's a simple and brief idea: culprit by characterization. Embrace the idea of the individual and ignore details such as the mysteries and the red truth - which character has been characterized progressively in a worse light as the series has gone on? Perhaps in this way we can guess the (true, big bad behind the scenes) culprit through writing tricks of Ryukishi.
By that logic Bernkastel is the winning culprit candidate.

Generally speaking I think that logic is dead wrong because it's likely exactly the opposite, Ryukishi's seemingly trying to make us have sympathy for the culprit (and thus likely understand that others might be people who deserves to be killed).
Old 2010-10-27, 07:46   Link #18200
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Besides everyone here should already know that Kinzo's Dragon transformation in ep 4 was an H scene censor. Or were you unaware of Fate/stay night's "Mana transfer dragon" meme?
HOOOOLYYY FUUUUUUUUUCK!

So, Battler was actually fucking Kinzo? No... wait. Since we know Battler is Kinzo, then... was Battler was masturbating? Maybe he's been doing that all along. I mean, hot witches, hot "furniture"... It seems that, at the very least, Battler liked Gōda's book.

I think we've just solved Umineko.