Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-26, 09:44   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 340 Discussion

The Antagonizer

Quote:

Quote:

* Continued from the previous chapter, Ichigo fought with Uquiorra. Then, the scene changed to the outside of the tower. Renji, Chad and Rukia were fighting with their opponents. Chad and Renji were dealing with a bunch of giant hollows from the desert. Renji used shikai and Chad used “Right arm of the giant”. Rukia took down the whole squad of the Execute squad, leaving the head who wore the buffalo mask alone.

* Seeing Rukia’s power, he decided to release his sword.“Grow up, Arbolar”.He had something similar to branches of tree with a size around human’s arm growing up from his body. His Zanpakutou changed into two sharp branches.“Took down all my subordinates and so what?” He said. “I’ll teach you that defeating my subordinates doesn’t mean you will win”. At that moment, a sound of a bomb distracted Rukia from the battle. She turned to the direction where the sound came from. There was a big hole in a wall at the top of the tower with smoke coming through it.The shinigami thought of her comrade who was fighting over there “…Ichigo…”

* The scene changed into Ichigo and Ulquiorra’s fight. This time Ichigo could keep up with Ulquiorra even though the 4th espada was fighting with his sword not his bare hands like the last time.Ichigo swung down his sword with both hands, but Ulquiorra could block it with one arm. They were fighting until Ichigo used “Getsuga Tensho” at Ulquiorra. However, he swung down his sword only once and “Getsuga Tensho” was separated into two. Seeing that, Ichigo was a bit surprised. Then, Ulquiorra used “Sonido” to move closer and thrust his sword at Ichigo.

* Briefly, Ichigo dodged his attack before Ulquiorra continued attacking him. Finally, Ulquiorra’s sword thrusted into Ichigo’s left shoulder and he released cero at him immediately. His cero caused the surroundings to explode even the wall. In the middle, Ichigo stood still with blood and bruises on his face as a result of the cero.“Ho” the 4th espada said. “You can put up with my cero without a mask? You have become stronger… because of fighting with Grimmjow or... for that woman?” His eyes turned to where Orihime is standing.“Or for the friends who were fighting down there?” He turned to look at Ichigo now.

* After he finished his speech, Ulquiorra waited for his reaction but Ichigo answered nothing. “…That woman will soon be on our side. Even you can't take her away from here, that truth will never change” His speech reminded Ichigo of what Grimmjow said before. “You are relaxed to see her without any injuries even if you have no idea what is happening inside of her!!?”“It’s no use to try and help” Ulquiorra pressured him.“…That…” Ichigo’s eyes expressed his anger “is not for you to decide…!!”. “Yes” Ulquiorra answered. “Because Aizen-sama is the one who will decide”

Credits : Danna / Drake / Bleach91

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2008-12-27 at 09:48.
Old 2008-12-26, 09:53   Link #2
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

first ever first post!! yay!!!
Old 2008-12-26, 09:58   Link #3
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The summary is very intriguing and has got me excited after a long time .It will just get better with the actual chapter . We really cant really picture/imagine the action sequences . Waiting for the actual chapter to come out ^__^
Old 2008-12-26, 10:19   Link #4
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Can't wait for this. Thanks for the summary Geta. Going by that Ichigo is already bruised and cut up, but his growth rate is amazing. Hopefully he can push Ulquiorra to some degree with his bankai, before being forced to use his mask. Otherwise when Ulquiorra releases it could become ugly.
Old 2008-12-26, 10:23   Link #5
Scarlett_Rain55

I wonder what made him stronger? His friends down there? Or his future lover?

I'm kinda disappointed that Orihime is still standing there, but I'm pretty sure she's going to get involved somehow. Though I wonder what Ulquiorra meant when he said "you don't know what's going on inside her". It'd be cool if she turned into a hollow! Or maybe he's talking about her love for Ichigo.
Old 2008-12-26, 11:16   Link #6
Kakashi
カカシ

That was a flashback to what Grimm told Ichigo, not Ulq. He was probably referring to the unnoticed emotional turmoil that Orihime has been through while held captive in HM, the mental scar the whole experience has left her with. I don't understand how Ichigo is making the connection between what Ulq just said and what Grimm said a while back. Maybe that will be cleared up later.
Old 2008-12-26, 11:32   Link #7
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Yay a good chapter after the fillercar fights of doom, when is the chapter going to be released? This week or the week after I need my weekly manga its like a drug!

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2008-12-26, 12:09   Link #8
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

I hope the wait will be worth it, but 20 pages will go by quick. Yeah, Ichigo really "need" that resolve.
Old 2008-12-26, 13:15   Link #9
Sinta

Its about time. The fraccion fights were getting old SERIOUSLY. Now hurry up and kick his ass Ichigo then this arc can be over and we can get on to something more interesting.
Old 2008-12-26, 14:05   Link #10
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Wow Ichigo seemed to be holding his own. I'm not supirsed, but its'time he takes down Ulq and move on to the next subject.
Old 2008-12-26, 14:22   Link #11
epyon96

I wish they would stop and explain what caused the initial powerups by Ichigo in HM. It astounds me to no tomorrow how Ichigo manages to power up in the last year and a half. It seems to come out of nowhere after his near brushes with death.

At least DBZ gave us something like Saiyan's get stronger after death. What is the deal with Bleach characters.

Epyon
Old 2008-12-26, 14:44   Link #12
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

yeah, honestly though we're getting into the good stuff, the unexplained power ups are really annoying, though Ulquiorra is still superior than Ichigo atm.
Old 2008-12-26, 14:52   Link #13
Slayerx

Ok... what the hell is Ulq talking about... "soon orihime will be on their side"?; "you can't take her away"?;

First Ulq tells Orihime that she's is no use to Aizen and that she is gonna die... then he says he has no orders to kill her; and it does not sound like he even has orders to guard her as his only orders are to protect las noches... so what's with saying she is gonna be on their side? I've been complaining about this match up for a while; the motivation for the fight seems rather confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
That was a flashback to what Grimm told Ichigo, not Ulq. He was probably referring to the unnoticed emotional turmoil that Orihime has been through while held captive in HM, the mental scar the whole experience has left her with. I don't understand how Ichigo is making the connection between what Ulq just said and what Grimm said a while back. Maybe that will be cleared up later.
My guess... seeing Orihime safe is not reason for him to start relaxing... she isn't "safe" until she's out of HM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96 View Post
I wish they would stop and explain what caused the initial powerups by Ichigo in HM. It astounds me to no tomorrow how Ichigo manages to power up in the last year and a half. It seems to come out of nowhere after his near brushes with death.

At least DBZ gave us something like Saiyan's get stronger after death. What is the deal with Bleach characters.
the power of... umm... friendship?
a wizard did it?
Flawed writing due to the fact that Kubo wanted to express a huge power difference but did not want to be bothered with training arcs for the hero to properly close the gap?
Old 2008-12-26, 15:00   Link #14
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Or, she could be turning into a hollow? lol
Old 2008-12-26, 15:08   Link #15
Sinta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensashinigami View Post
Or, she could be turning into a hollow? lol
Now that would be sweet. Hollow-hime. Nice
Old 2008-12-26, 15:18   Link #16
Kakashi
カカシ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ok... what the hell is Ulq talking about... "soon orihime will be on their side"?; "you can't take her away"?;
Not sure. But back when Ulquiorra was talking about the 9th espada's synchronisation ability, and responsibility to communicate information about his opponents to all comrades simultaneously, the page cut to Orihime crying over Rukia. She obviously received the message as well, so maybe they consider her an ally now. Who knows what really happened when Aizen showed her the hougyoku? Maybe he was using Kyoka Suigetsu and vizardised her.

It's far out but it could be plausible because Ulq plans to bring Ichigo to their side as well:
http://manga.bleachexile.com/bleach-...98-page-7.html

Quote:
Flawed writing due to the fact that Kubo wanted to express a huge power difference but did not want to be bothered with training arcs for the hero to properly close the gap?
Ulquiorra's still beating him quite badly. I don't think Kubo is being lazy here.

Last edited by Kakashi; 2008-12-26 at 15:38.
Old 2008-12-26, 15:43   Link #17
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96 View Post

Agreed, one minute he is being pwned by Ulquiorra with his mask on and getting beaten when Ulqi only uses his hand then, he can use his mask for longer and beats Grimmjow now all of a sudden him without a mask can handle Ulqi with a sword? I don't understand that, if he had his mask on and was holding his own fine but without a mask whilst Ulqi's sword is out, did he have a individual training session when he was running to the tower? Was that run enough to give him super powers, I would be so much happier if Ulquiorra just comes out with 'Now lets start the battle' whilst they are fighting then he starts pwning Ichigo using his sword properly, to show that Ichigo just didnt get a magical power up, like with Hitsu vs Hali.

Old 2008-12-26, 16:27   Link #18
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
She isn't even dead yet, so Hougyoku won't work on her... unless we suddenly hear, that it also works on living humans.

But I don't really like those sudden powerups either, especially considering, that they were in hueco mundo for only a few hours, and it has just been minutes since the last fights. But even worse than Ichigo's powerup seems to be, that Rukia out of all people was able to beat multiple powerful opponents. Would have liked it better, if she died when she should have.
If only Zommari finished her off and died, I mean I know Rukia is kind of strong but beating up AIZEN'S EXECUTIONS SQUAD Execution Squads have to be tough because if the person tries to resist they need to be able to stop them and fight back so how can Rukia beat them

Old 2008-12-26, 16:47   Link #19
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well...since, way back in Chapter 315 or so, Rukia, Chad and Ishida were dealing with them with ease, clearly, it's not tough. The only other person who fought against them was Dordonii, and he was heavily injured. Cirucci couldn't even fight back.
Old 2008-12-26, 16:54   Link #20
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
She isn't even dead yet, so Hougyoku won't work on her... unless we suddenly hear, that it also works on living humans.

But I don't really like those sudden powerups either, especially considering, that they were in hueco mundo for only a few hours, and it has just been minutes since the last fights. But even worse than Ichigo's powerup seems to be, that Rukia out of all people was able to beat multiple powerful opponents. Would have liked it better, if she died when she should have.
Well, we do not know the full power of the Hougyoku. However, Aizen figured out a way to turn Shinji and Co. into Hollows without the Hougyoku. Plus, she might be human but she is in her spirit form. Again, her "chain of fate" have not been cut. I was throwing out theories without a logical way for her to become a hollow.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga