AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-17, 10:55   Link #181
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well I've fought and now have reached October 4, 1986. Here are my notes

Spoiler for Ep5 Spoilers:

That's it from me for today. My brain is too fried retranslating everything so I'll hope to finish Ep5 by Thursdat since I have Wednesday and Thursday off.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-08-17 at 11:21.
Old 2009-08-17, 11:11   Link #182
Marion
The Great Dine

I know Ryukishi said something about there being a trap.

Spoiler for EP 5:
Old 2009-08-17, 11:26   Link #183
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Spoiler for rest of the meta scene:

Edit: Just assume I made a 'trap' joke here in response to Marion. :3
2nd Edit: If there are any people who can translate JP, who aren't looking at my stuff since they don't need summaries, would you mind checking some of the screenshots I've taken of things I couldn't understand but really wanted to? I'd really appreciate it.
3rd edit: fixed the screenshot >_>
4th: edited to add TheForsaken's translation, much thanks!

Last edited by Kamar; 2009-08-17 at 12:13.
Old 2009-08-17, 11:53   Link #184
Marion
The Great Dine

:|

Spoiler for EP 5:
Old 2009-08-17, 11:54   Link #185
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Just finished chapter 11, I think I'll finish EP5 by tomorrow.
Spoiler for About some new chars:

@Kamar: Just show me the screenshot that you want to ask, I can't check all of your posts
Old 2009-08-17, 11:58   Link #186
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
Just finished chapter 11, I think I'll finish EP5 by tomorrow.
Spoiler for About some new chars:

@Kamar: Just show me the screenshot that you want to ask, I can't check all of your posts
For now, I'll just ask about

Spoiler for this one.:
Old 2009-08-17, 12:08   Link #187
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamar View Post
Spoiler for this one.:
Well, I'm not an English native so this is not the best translation.
Spoiler for :
Old 2009-08-17, 12:10   Link #188
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Quote:
Spoiler for :
Thanks, much clearer
Old 2009-08-17, 12:11   Link #189
chibi_nekoi
~kitty~

Quote:
Spoiler for :
So I assume that he wants to tell Beato that she should be more straight about what she wants ( I really want to interpret it in a more "fangirl" way though )
But it really gets more and more confusing indeed.
Old 2009-08-17, 12:20   Link #190
Leinne
Who... am I?

OK I've just readthe Episode with Atlas + Agth (I've already have practice so I understnad it pretty well) And I starteed laughing when a scene appear and I thought Ryuukishi was kind 'in your face with these scenes

Spoiler for Scene:

It was a great game with more character development and hate for
Spoiler for hate:

The episode was just awesome, my opinions

Spoiler for Opinion:

That's about everything since spoilers don't do any good
Old 2009-08-17, 12:28   Link #191
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, what IS interesting with Bern is the fact how she acted here:
it is absolutely abnormal for her to prosecute like this, knowing that she herself should know a chunk of the truth with the red, and the fact she tends to crush her enemies in order to win.
Therefore, breaking the Anti Mystery side with Knox Commandements is kinda an half baked attempt to prevent the truth to be found (regardless if it is Fantasy or Mystery), despite she most likely know that Natsuhi wasn't the culprit (if a piece like Virgilia knows about that, so should the Gamemasters and the players).
What's more is how Erika is actually using Battler's very first stance, ignoring the truth but just claiming a circumstancial one.

As result, I wouldn't be surprised if Bern is just acting. As much as she is definitely on a "antagonist light", she is arguably nowhere close to a true villain, considering her objective is nowhere impending Battler's.
I personally don't mind much if she remains like this or if she is actually playacting, but the possibility for the latter does exist, even more so considering she isn't acting in an optimum way.
Old 2009-08-17, 12:33   Link #192
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
considering her objective is nowhere impending Battler's.
Her objective as stated in the first Ura Tea Party is to beat the Endless Witch, not to find the truth. When the game first started, she and Battler were aligned by mutual enmity, but, personally, I wouldn't assume that's the case any more.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2009-08-17, 12:33   Link #193
Risa chan
Watcher

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2009-08-17, 12:39   Link #194
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually, what IS interesting with Bern is the fact how she acted here:
it is absolutely abnormal for her to prosecute like this, knowing that she herself should know a chunk of the truth with the red, and the fact she tends to crush her enemies in order to win.
Therefore, breaking the Anti Mystery side with Knox Commandements is kinda an half baked attempt to prevent the truth to be found (regardless if it is Fantasy or Mystery), despite she most likely know that Natsuhi wasn't the culprit (if a piece like Virgilia knows about that, so should the Gamemasters and the players).
What's more is how Erika is actually using Battler's very first stance, ignoring the truth but just claiming a circumstancial one.

As result, I wouldn't be surprised if Bern is just acting. As much as she is definitely on a "antagonist light", she is arguably nowhere close to a true villain, considering her objective is nowhere impending Battler's.
I personally don't mind much if she remains like this or if she is actually playacting, but the possibility for the latter does exist, even more so considering she isn't acting in an optimum way.
The way I see it right now is that Bern is just trying to win. Ends do not justify means is Battler's way. Looking at it Bern doesn't even care about the means, she just cares about winning.

But yes, she could be acting this way on purpose.
Old 2009-08-17, 12:39   Link #195
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Boredom is the only poison that can kill a witch. Perhaps Battler and Beato's position at this point is boring...Bern and Lambda hate being bored. Time to change the rules/playing field to keep it interesting.
Old 2009-08-17, 12:43   Link #196
Escargotage
I want to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Boredom is the only poison that can kill a witch. Perhaps Battler and Beato's position at this point is boring...Bern and Lambda hate being bored. Time to change the rules/playing field to keep it interesting.
I was thinking Bern threw Erika/Knox in to end the game quickly so she could gtfo.

She probably thought that everything would be fine and dandy with Battler if she let his family get off the island unscathed and if the "truth" of the murders was found. Or maybe this was all just some act to rile Battler up... who knows?
Old 2009-08-17, 12:53   Link #197
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Her objective as stated in the first Ura Tea Party is to beat the Endless Witch, not to find the truth. When the game first started, she and Battler were aligned by mutual enmity, but, personally, I wouldn't assume that's the case any more.
The thing is that, said objective of "beating Beatrice" doesn't necessary have any problem with Battler objective in finding the truth and denying the witches.
The real problem between the two is how, in the end, the means are totally different which don't go well with each other.
If Battler was really focalised on finding the culprit, the whole deal with Beato wouldn't affect him that much, and him turning into a GM proves he finally understood his true objective, beneath "prove the witches didn't do it" => "find the real truth", which should naturally prove the witches didn't do it.

Bern wouldn't clash with Battler if she was on her objective without much screwy strategy, her means and plans just go unethical at some point, ever since Episode 4.
If we strip their methods, they "should" be natural allies, but of course now it is a total different story (but I still think they aren't "enemies" to the first degree).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
The way I see it right now is that Bern is just trying to win. Ends do not justify means is Battler's way. Looking at it Bern doesn't even care about the means, she just cares about winning.

But yes, she could be acting this way on purpose.
The main reason why I think Bern "might" (it is still a 50/50 chance) be playacting is the fact that Bern didn't use all ressource to end the game. As soon as the game begins to drag, it is a bore for her and unlike lambda, she isn't fancying the idea of an endless rondo.
Thus, the main issue I have with her strategy in Episode 5 is that she doesn't give Battler the tools to end the game quickly. Also, she doesn't even terminate Battler: Battler is her piece, so she "should" be able to discard him even before he became a GM. Thus, the fact she left him roaming was absolutely a fool play, similar to Beatrice's whimsical habits, which is not Bern's style.

On the other hand, Lambda is preparing a huge personal agenda, considering that she is nowhere close to act as usual, but she is by no means "nicer".
She is the driving factor for the "endless" torture for most players and pieces so heh.
Old 2009-08-17, 12:54   Link #198
Rias

Regarding Furudo Erika, I think her small faults overshadows her deductive power... at least before tea party. It's true that she has a bad personality, and have a lust for solving mysteries without respecting others, but her deductions are also almost flawless.

I'll leave the analysis out tho, since it's spoiler-ish.
Old 2009-08-17, 13:54   Link #199
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Erika....I wonder if this is how Rika would have been if she didn't care about her friends and only about surviving/ending he cycle?
Old 2009-08-17, 14:24   Link #200
ameskitty
Kupo

Oy, my Japanese reading skills are even slower/worse than I thought they were ><. I've been reading approximately 5 hours and I'm only to Natsuhi's conversation right before the 1986 family conference.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread