AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-12, 20:59   Link #361
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Jumping to conclusions is what got us into this mess in the first place lol

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-09-12, 21:01   Link #362
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
If a new episode doesn't air next week, is it really necessary to wait until all the episodes of the re-airing are aired again before making the thread? No one is getting the raws from the old eps and they're not being resubbed, so why wait? Even if there are new episodes after the last of the original season one airs, those eps would fall under "season two" instead of "re-airing of season one".
I'm inclined to agree.

If there's another Haruhi cour coming out, I think that it probably should be judged separately from this renewal.
Old 2009-09-12, 21:14   Link #363
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If there's another Haruhi cour coming out, I think that it probably should be judged separately from this renewal.
But then we're still back to my original argument that the "renewal" technically shouldn't be judged in isolation from the rest of the episodes being re-aired, since they are being pitched as a "package". But, in any case, we have at least a while longer to make a decision about this (because, as I said, the soonest you'd see a thread would be Thursday anyway).

As for Heminga13's proposal about re-naming... I think this makes sense, except that I would propose a slight change to be more like this...

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll [2006 Ep. 2]
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Episode 24 Discussion / Poll [2009 Ep. 14]
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Episode 25 Discussion / Poll [2006 Ep. 1 a.k.a. "00"]

...and so on. (Note that the ep. 25 is obviously a presumption on my part.)

The new season has sort of "re-constituted" the first season into this new chronology, and I think the main reason for doing something like this is to fit it into new seasons. And I agree that adding "Yuuutsu" would make sense, as there's a pretty decent chance that a future season might take on a different subtitle (and so we'd have to rename it all then anyway).

But here too, I agree that we should wait until after the whole re-airing is said and done. This would be in the spirit of doing some housecleaning in preparation for possible future seasons.
Old 2009-09-12, 21:18   Link #364
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm inclined to agree.

Wasn't a 3th cour pretty much impossible now(as there is already another show to take Haruhi's time slot)?

They still can, however, pull a weird surprise now. I have heard rumors bout a new episode00. About excluding episode00 and adding something else. And they may even change the end of Some Day in the Rain just to add something related to Disappearance.

I don't believe any of that possibilities. However, Kyoani did make some weird surprises before, so t wouldn't be totally unexpected.

Moving most posts from this week episode tread to the 2009 Re-Launch Thread would be a good idea. I also support changing the episodes tread title (tough 'The Melancholy of' would be better then 'no Yuuutsu'.

Updating the All about Suzumiya Haruhi (涼宮ハルヒ) would be great too. Specially adding something about the 2009 rerun.
Old 2009-09-12, 21:20   Link #365
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Yeah, I guess there's no need to have (2009). Makes it shorter that way lol

And is it 'Yuuutsu' or 'Yuutsu'? I've seen both before.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-09-12, 21:24   Link #366
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Yuuutsu. And there's no real proof that they will change the title to reflect another story. Neither Disappearance nor Intrigues really overshadows the other, so if both are included, there's no reason to pick one over the other.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-09-12, 21:27   Link #367
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
Yeah, I guess there's no need to have (2009). Makes it shorter that way lol

And is it 'Yuuutsu' or 'Yuutsu'? I've seen both before.
憂鬱(ゆううつ). It would be 'Yuuutsu', however, it is somewhat common(for some reason) suppress a double vowel. So it becomes Yuutsu. It also could be Yuutsu with a '-' above the first 'u', similar to 'Yûutsu'(I don't know write it on the PC).

PP:
Tsc, ninjed by Kogetsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Yuuutsu. And there's no real proof that they will change the title to reflect another story. Neither Disappearance nor Intrigues really overshadows the other, so if both are included, there's no reason to pick one over the other.
Unless, of course, they really make a Disappearance movie. Dissociation(分裂) or Astonishment(驚愕) would overshadow Intrigues(陰謀)
Old 2009-09-12, 21:28   Link #368
Triple_R
*Author

Well, I'm fine with waiting a few weeks until the renewal is over. Actually, in a way, I'd prefer that, as it would give us time to see how the E8 DVDs are selling. If they sell well, I may go easier on this renewal than I currently intend to.

I just think that this renewal should be judged separately from any hypothetical third cour. That's all.
Old 2009-09-12, 21:34   Link #369
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Ah, so it's some Japanese wording stuff I don't understand lol.

And as far as changing the name for a new series, the fact that they've referred to it as the 'Haruhi Suzumiya' anime franchise indicates to me that the Haruhi Suzumiya name is big enough to be the name of the series as a whole. Individual series titles will be based off the Haruhi Suzumiya name (almost definitely using the 'The _____ of Haruhi Suzumiya' template like everything else) Otherwise they would simply call it the 'TMoHS' anime franchise. I don't have any proof offhand of them referring to it that way, but I'm pretty sure I mentioned it back in my early August speculation stuff.

Old 2009-09-13, 00:58   Link #370
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A change to standardize the episode numbering and ordering to 2009 standards is in order I would think. Since the DVDs are more or less in this order now the only way people will find things in the "original 2006 (Kyon) order" would be older Youtube videos and the like.
Old 2009-09-13, 12:20   Link #371
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
(tough 'The Melancholy of' would be better then 'no Yuuutsu'.)
Actually, you raise a point here. Somehow, the forum title is called "Suzumiya Haruhi" along with the episode titles, but all the other threads are "The ____ of Haruhi Suzumiya". Shouldn't we call the forum "Haruhi Suzumiya" for consistency? Not that it matters too much, because people will know what we mean either way, but it is sort of confusing to have these two different naming systems (but I guess it's no more confusing than the myriad episode numbering systems... nothing about this show is simple! )
Old 2009-09-13, 12:24   Link #372
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Yeah, I don't mind using the Japanese title for threads related to discussion of the episodes/series. But using the English titles would be more consistent with the rest of the threads.

Old 2009-09-13, 12:38   Link #373
Heatth

Heh, I didn't even have noticied the episodes treads and this subforum are called 'Suzumiya Haruhi'. Just said it because the other treads.

Well, personaly, I prefer the japanese names. But don't really matter. The japanese name might be good because it is smaller.
Old 2009-09-18, 19:40   Link #374
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Ummm, there is a Yuki spinoff called "Nagato Yuki-chan no Shōshitsu" and since it's being scanlated/translated(3 chaps so far) I was wondering if there was a thread of this spinoff or do i just post about it in the Haruhi manga thread(or some other thread I'm not seeing)? If not, could you make a thread for it?
Old 2009-09-18, 19:43   Link #375
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Spinoff thread. It's being discussed there now.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-09-18, 19:51   Link #376
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Spinoff thread. It's being discussed there now.
Ah, i see how i missed that. The top of the pages i looked at were talking about something else. Thanks
Old 2009-10-08, 11:39   Link #377
Heatth

So, how about a "The Movie of Haruhi Suzumiya" thread?
Old 2009-10-08, 13:41   Link #378
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

So do we get to "redecorate" the forum now?

Old 2009-11-10, 14:38   Link #379
Triple_R
*Author

I'd like to request a "What Was Your Favorite Episode of 2009, and Why?" thread, citing only the 14 new 2009 episodes (probably title them BLR, E8 1, E8 2, etc.., E8 8, Sigh 1, Sigh 2, etc... , Sigh 5 to make this clear).

I think that this thread would nicely compliment the recently necromancied thread dealing with the 2006 Haruhi episodes.

It would also be interesting to see which episode people liked the best of the 14 new ones.
Old 2009-11-10, 15:09   Link #380
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Hm... though I'm pretty sure almost everything will go to the last three episodes(and maybe E8 IV), I suppose it would be nice to see what people's favorites of 09 were.
Closed Thread