AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-02-03, 10:17   Link #22181
s07195
However,

Quote:
Originally Posted by luap1138 View Post
You know, I'm beginning to think that Midori really is Kyonko. I had never liked the theory before, but looking back now, there's much evidence to support it. Plus, she's the only girl in the whole game who we know has a father, which fits the poem. It also fits with Kyonko being the main heroine.
So Kyonko WAS crazy from the start...at least according to your theory and "emerald unsanity". Damg, now I know why you didn't like this theory much.
But then there wouldn't be a co-op route would there?
And Kyonko wants to kill all of the SOS-Dan? 0_0

EDIT: Oh, and that means Kyon is crazy too. What's true for one's true for another.
Old 2010-02-03, 11:00   Link #22182
SgtHydra
Void Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
So Kyonko WAS crazy from the start...at least according to your theory and "emerald unsanity". Damg, now I know why you didn't like this theory much.
But then there wouldn't be a co-op route would there?
And Kyonko wants to kill all of the SOS-Dan? 0_0

EDIT: Oh, and that means Kyon is crazy too. What's true for one's true for another.
Well, aren't we all crazy to begin with?

Our own personal insanities are simply bottled up in various ways. But they're still there.

In fact, they often come out to play... as is happening in this case.

Of course... Kyon and Kyonko's personal demons might cause a little bit more havoc than the average person's... if you believe a certian theory, of course...

All Glory to the Greentext.
SgtHydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 14:42   Link #22183
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
I'm gonna have to make a list of all canon, female characters introduced in the series up through Endless Eight, though. This is seriously stumping me.
I know you've looked them up now, but for anyone who doesn't want to, they are: Haruhi, Yuki, Mikuru, Tsuruya, Ryoko, Imouto, Mori, and Kimidori.

Quote:
Spoiler for Theory of Midori:
Spoiler for Alternate interpretations:
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 15:16   Link #22184
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
I know you've looked them up now, but for anyone who doesn't want to, they are: Haruhi, Yuki, Mikuru, Tsuruya, Ryoko, Imouto, Mori, and Kimidori.
Don't forget Kyonko, Itsuko, Taniguchi (F), Kunikida (F), the Loli-CCP, and Arakawa (F).
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 15:26   Link #22185
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Don't forget Kyonko, Itsuko, Taniguchi (F), Kunikida (F), the Loli-CCP, and Arakawa (F).
Didn't know we were counting Seitenkan characters as canon.
Old 2010-02-03, 15:41   Link #22186
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Previous installment.

Spoiler for Suzumiya Haruki no Setsubun, part 23. The End: Lights, camera ...:

Next installment.

Last edited by Aebliss; 2011-08-02 at 14:57.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 17:03   Link #22187
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
Previous installment.

Spoiler for Suzumiya Haruki no Setsubun, part 23. The End: Lights, camera ...:
Mmm... more Setsubuun. I do love my dark stories.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 18:58   Link #22188
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Still good as ever, Aebliss. Seems like things are finally going to be wrapping up, though. Bit of a shame, but I suppose nothing lasts forever.

Quote:
Spoiler for Alternate interpretations:
Now wouldn't that be a lovely twist...

No caps in the title. It's all lowercase, in contrast to the other two having a song title that's completely capitalized.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 21:46   Link #22189
luap1138

@Sute443 Actually, it was a mistake of mine to assume she had to be a character from the canon universe (it was an assumption I had made due to speculation on the rant that accompanied the 20,000th post). Sorry if I misguided anyone.

@Aebliss Still awesome as ever.
luap1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 21:58   Link #22190
Selofain
#1 Minion

Send a message via AIM to Selofain Send a message via MSN to Selofain Send a message via Yahoo to Selofain
Oooooh, new Setsubun!

Nice creepy atmosphere. Fog is creepy to me now, since I just finished watching Denno Coil, which yes, creeped me out. I still stop abusing the word "creepy" now.

Looking forward to the conclusion, good sir.
Selofain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 00:22   Link #22191
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
3 days out, 3 new pages and 4 new scenes. Oh, well.

Quote:
Day 6's True version does not feature in the demo, and FINAL isn't exactly a route, although it must be "unlocked".

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Interlude 11 (I)- Lord Have Mercy:

This is the first of three scenes dealing with Haruki... I also updated Interlude 9 with a bit more of what he can do... that is, pretty well anything.
Thi chapter is awesome. I particularly liked Haruki's toughts. Even when he is being an homicide jerk he is still making sure people are not really dead. As Kyon said, Suzumiya would never really desite the death of someone (not that this stop him for scaring their lifes out of them, of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnificate View Post
Question: Is considered normal, as in standard design feature, for visual novels to make the player replay the game that many times to be able to reach all possible options? From what I understand in that project after the first three routes you are essentially forced to play in the order provided by the game designer.

The only remotely similar game I completed is Phoenix Wright, which didn't really include the idea of routes.
Fate/Stay Night is like that as well. Even worse, actually, as all rotes must be in order. More similar would be Clannad. The first many are in a free order. After finishing then you get After Story. And only after finishing more 2 'routes' in After Story you can get the final, happy ending. (err, or so I was told. Never really finished)

In both exemples, tehre is an storytelling reason for that. F/SN's only make real sense if played in order. Playing Havens Feel (the last route), before Fate and Unlimited Blade Works spoil them, cause it kill most of the suspense. For Clannad, reading the last route before the otehrs make them kinda pointless, as they will be more like a Bad End. The same happen in Crossroads, I believe. Divine and Co-operation routes reveal more of the plot (I think) that are intented to be reveled only latter on.

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Memories: Flashes in Space (Melancholy's End):

Please Enjoy~.

TWO. SCENES. LEFT.
Well, this is, how do I say, mushy. It works very well, anyway. I loved Haruki's toughts here (as usual).

But, well, not wanting to nitpick too much, if Haruki is so secure about his love for Kyonko (witch does fit him), why doesn't him just split it out? I mean, why there is no hot bloode love declaration in all this months. In a similar note, does this mean Haruhi is also so secure herself about it?

Quote:
Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Interlude 11 (II)- I Love You:

ONE. SCENE. LEFT.
The Power Of Love!

Oh, well, Satou is awesome even in his last (?) momments. A pitty we will probably see even less of him from now on.

Haruki's realization was very well done. I can totally see someone like him simpely forgetting there is things more important them blow off stuff.

Quote:
And this ends Day 5. I'll have the outline for Day 6 written up in a couple of days. Unlike Day 5, it's rather short.

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Interlude 12: Dark Room- Once More Unto...:

Whenever I do one of these scenes, I always hear this song playing in the background.

Please Enjoy~, as always.
That music. Oh, great, now all these scenes became more creepy. I guess this is a good thing. Since we are not caring about silly things as copyright, I guess we are using it for these scenes, right? Or, at last, a remake of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnificate View Post
I wonder whether one of the Bad Ends would feature Haruhi vs. Haruki confrontation. That would be even more epic than the previous scene.
Why it need to be a Bad End? An Ultimate Shout Down between Haruhi and Haruki with Haruhi as victorious counts as Good End too me. Well, maybe.

Quote:
I linked to one of the reports in a recent post on this page.

Search "director" in the thread if you wanna find more.
You can also find it in my archive, under the 'other' spoiler tag.

Just saying.

Quote:
@Sute443 Actually, it was a mistake of mine to assume she had to be a character from the canon universe (it was an assumption I had made due to speculation on the rant that accompanied the 20,000th post). Sorry if I misguided anyone.
I find interesting no one considered yet there is might to be two Midoris. I mean, if there is a female, there must be a male somewhere as well right?
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 01:27   Link #22192
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I find interesting no one considered yet there is might to be two Midoris. I mean, if there is a female, there must be a male somewhere as well right?
Wasn't it already confirmed that there are two Greentexts? And it isn't really necessary to speculate about the separately because finding the identity of the female would reveal the identity of the male. Besides, Midori is a female name, so it feels awkward to discuss male Greentext using Midori as the name.
Old 2010-02-04, 09:12   Link #22193
Heatth

Quote:
Wasn't it already confirmed that there are two Greentexts? And it isn't really necessary to speculate about the separately because finding the identity of the female would reveal the identity of the male. Besides, Midori is a female name, so it feels awkward to discuss male Greentext using Midori as the name.
It was confirmed? Anyway, I was just pointing out that nobody seens to consider the male Midori in their speculations. I mean, if you assume that just the female one is narrating, you would think the male is doing something else, right?

Btw, I am not saying this is the right line of question. Maybe male!Midori is, in fact, irrelevant. I just find curious few think on him at all.
Old 2010-02-04, 11:06   Link #22194
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
It's probably because:

Female Midori > Boy Midori XD.... I dunno...
Old 2010-02-04, 12:26   Link #22195
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
It's probably because:

Female Midori > Boy Midori XD.... I dunno...
Sounds like a case of Evil is Sexy.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 16:04   Link #22196
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Danchou isn't around to make a flowchart, but I'll post this here for now.

Spoiler for Day 6 Outline:

This day's gonna be real fun, I'll tell ya that.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 16:15   Link #22197
Magnificate

Quote:
6th Day: Morning: This Really Isn't a Date! [...] 6th Day: Noon: Stereotypical Stalking [...] 6th Day: Evening: Confrontation [...] 6th/7th Day: Midnight: Turf War
Those scenes have the potential to be awesome.

We had many flashbacks before, but from the outline it seems that they will cover nearly 50% of the Day.
Magnificate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 16:36   Link #22198
Heatth

So many flashbacks! Speaking on then, they, as well as the two other 'shared' scenes, are going to have any difference depending of the route? I mean, is Flashes in Space (Closed Circle) or Exposition End the same no matter in which route you are?

Quote:
Hahaha, great description. Btw, I am assuming everything is fine after Haruhi goes home, right?

Quote:
lol. A pitty he is not wearing these bunny hears anymore.

Quote:
Poor Mikuru. This time it was not her fault, right? Or does Big Mikuru actually remembr what had gone on? Unlike Mitsuuru(big) she has no reason to don't. But, well, all this paradox thing don't really make much sense.

Quote:
Hmmmm, Ok? I think I have an idea of what might have happened, tough.

Quote:
So is Itsuko a runaway on this route? Interesting. Why just on this one is what I am more interested, tough. Did they found what happened to Kyon's face? Or it was something else?

Quote:
Oh, uh, right. This is going to be... interesting? Weird? Funny? Well, at last Haruki in a dress is going to be funny. Mitsuuru will probably enjoy the role reversal as well.

Quote:
Ah, to tell the truth I was kinda expecting something cooler. Like Midori-chan 'appearign', saying how the player suck in this game as gaming it over.

Quote:
This day's gonna be real fun, I'll tell ya that.
I can believe that.
Old 2010-02-04, 21:59   Link #22199
luap1138

This. Is going to be. So. Awesome.

No question.
luap1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 22:13   Link #22200
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
I second the above statement.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan