AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 11 Rating
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 45 34.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 37 28.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 27 20.77%
7 out of 10 : Good... 7 5.38%
6 out of 10 : Average... 8 6.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.77%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.77%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 4 3.08%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-17, 01:31   Link #221
Holy Knight
Time Bomb

I loved the Asuna service this episode.

Imagine having her legs hanging from your shoulders with her skirt all sweet-like. I'd die.
Holy Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 01:46   Link #222
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Err, it makes more sense for jumping to be related to STR stat.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 04:08   Link #223
arkxkra
全力全開

first half almost I almost blind because of the love love mode..
so jealous of Kirito.
Old 2012-09-17, 04:16   Link #224
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
first half almost I almost blind because of the love love mode..
so jealous of Kirito.
...I got ants everywhere whenever I replay that scene...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 04:36   Link #225
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
By the way, a number of people have posted this (and similar) now, but isn't there a pretty damn good chance that this will be discussed/revealed in the next episode? Future event spoilers are forbidden in anime episode threads.
No, because the specifics of what I'm discussing with novel information were all monologues from Kirito and Didn't occur during this episode. The harrassment window was monologued during the kiss - that's a past episode. The novels never explore the question of attacking players going to jail, and the information I used came up during Kirito's duel with Kuradeel, another past episode.

Question is asked and I attempt to answer, and mark that I am using LN information that more often than not comes from monologues that are not animated, and that this is my speculation/best guess given what I know.

I can't say for other people, but I do my best to leave spoilers for future episodes out of it. But the fact that pretty much everything is considered a spoiler is just... I have no more words.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 06:25   Link #226
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
IIRC there's also some 'harassment' function wherein if someone touches you or whatnot against your will you can just push a button and report them. So how did this situation ever end up happening?
If we go off the current assumption that someone (other than the game system) is running the jails, it's probably the army... so if a member of the army is automatically jailed by the game system for harassment, I'd imagine their cohorts in the jail could just release them? Dunno, but it seems reasonable, and would explain some of the douche behavior. Regardless you probably wouldn't be jailed for too long for harassment... it's still a game, you'd probably just stop 'playing' if your jail sentence was anything serious (in a non death-game type MMO, mind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I suppose it's another story if you get put on some sort of blacklist and are hunted down when you're out farming, but as far as I can tell there's no problems with the Army on the PK front. So is pretty much everyone in the start town just a pushover?
If you've got enough manpower you could keep people from returning INTO the starter town, I guess? In the same way they were able to block those three kids from escaping, I'd imagine you could just stand people in front of the town gates and harass people that way... with the added horror of potentially dying to roaming monsters. Might make it easier to extort money from player's who actually do grind XP mobs to survive, but that'd probably turn the population against you fast.

Not LN spoilers or information, just drawing conclusions from presented information / the notion that the army probably runs the jails.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 06:58   Link #227
samho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
DEX, I think. Unless there's an AGI stat, but I don't think so.
The only two visible ability scores in SAO are STR (Strength) and AGI (Agility).

Spoiler for Speculation over SAO game mechanism from additional material (but have nothing to do with plot):
samho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 07:38   Link #228
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

My first impression of Yui was:

Hey, it's 2002 again, hello there .hack
Old 2012-09-17, 08:01   Link #229
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

I agree.

After re watching again, I get same feeling to a certain character in .hack. It really does seem strange. She's not an NPC and yet there is evidence to say she's also not a normal player.
Old 2012-09-17, 08:29   Link #230
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:

The nostalgia~

I'm surprised how big she is. I was expecting super-loli.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 09:21   Link #231
Adigard

Quote:

Hey, it's 2002 again
keep in mind, it was written in 2002... and predates .hack

Last edited by Adigard; 2012-09-17 at 12:19.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 11:15   Link #232
Znail

Quote:

Posts lke these makes one wonder if people actually think that .hack came before SAO? There are some VRMMO related stories that predates both though. I also got the impression that .hack is more like a VRRPG like a VR-Diablo.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 16:28   Link #233
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

.hack isn't instanced. Areas exist in real time, people who go to Areas on their own are likely to meet one another.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 18:18   Link #234
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
keep in mind, it was written in 2002... and predates .hack
It's a complicated issue.. they were both written at about the same time.. but I was told (I really don't know anything about .hack) that .hack predates SAO by a year or two, as it was supposedly in writing before SAO was.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 19:08   Link #235
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
.hack isn't instanced. Areas exist in real time, people who go to Areas on their own are likely to meet one another.
Except there are a million billion areas, so the odds of any two people meeting each other are basically nil. It's a pretty poorly thought out setting.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 19:43   Link #236
RenegadeX27

I can't help but think that the story will lead to some unexpected crazy shit...
like that it actually turns out that Asuna isn't actually real, but she's not aware of it.
I remember Asuna saying that she doesn't remember any experiences from the real world, hopefully this doesn't happen.
Because if it does then they will have to solve it somehow, it's probably going to be something like Kirito trying to bring Asuna to life in the real world.
Again, I really hope this doesn't happen because it would just kill the Anime for me.

Sorry about the poor grammar, it's late.
RenegadeX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 19:50   Link #237
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeX27 View Post
I remember Asuna saying that she doesn't remember any experiences from the real world, hopefully this doesn't happen.
I don't think it's that she doesn't remember (she says she does want to go back to the real world, after all), but more that it's been two years, and in that time the "real world" would start to feel like an increasingly-distant memory. This is part of the on-going theme of "living in the SAO world", and how people are becoming increasingly accustomed to life there. The amount of people working on the front lines is also dwindling as people start getting fatigued from the struggle and just finding away to be contented with things the way they are. So yeah, not that she doesn't remember or doesn't have a "real life"... but more that the game world is itself becoming her "real life", particularly now that she's found someone she loves there.
Old 2012-09-17, 19:54   Link #238
RenegadeX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't think it's that she doesn't remember (she says she does want to go back to the real world, after all), but more that it's been two years, and in that time the "real world" would start to feel like an increasingly-distant memory. This is part of the on-going theme of "living in the SAO world", and how people are becoming increasingly accustomed to life there. The amount of people working on the front lines is also dwindling as people start getting fatigued from the struggle and just finding away to be contented with things the way they are. So yeah, not that she doesn't remember or doesn't have a "real life"... but more that the game world is itself becoming her "real life", particularly now that she's found someone she loves there.
Great this actually debunks my crazy speculation, thank you.
I feel better now
RenegadeX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 20:23   Link #239
Dr. Casey

Ah, young love. This was a very warm and relaxing episode, and Yui's damn adorable. I was glad whenever Asuna chided Kirito whenever he asked if their relationship was real just because it takes place in virtual reality, that was a dumb thing to say and reminiscent of the "You can't make friends on the internet, what if the person you're speaking to is secretly an overweight 95 year old serial killer rapist??????" attitude that's always annoyed me (though thankfully it's much less pervasive during the 2010s than the 2000s). Kirito doesn't exactly seem Asuna's equal when it comes to romance in general, though...

Asuna: Ne~ Kirito-kun~ Let's play~
Kirito: Damn bitch you clingy, we played the last two days in a row, get off my nuts already

Kirito, stop being such a stereotypical male and stop getting bored your first month in a relationship.

And damn, these are the slowest RPG players ever. I fancy myself an RPG expert, and I can't think of any RPG where I couldn't easily grind to the max level in two years and curbstomp the boss.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 20:36   Link #240
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
And damn, these are the slowest RPG players ever. I fancy myself an RPG expert, and I can't think of any RPG where I couldn't easily grind to the max level in two years and curbstomp the boss.
For all we know there could be an incredibally high exp curve, exponentially so. I dont think Kayaba intended anyone to be able to clear this "game" of his very quickly or easily.

Good episode if u ask me, though I have to say mentally, does Yui appear to be younger then her appearance would imply?

On the topic of Yui, does it seem odd to anyone else that Heathcliff said that Kirito & Asuna that the two would soon return to battle, then suddenly they find a reason in Yui, to free her from this world as soon as possible?
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote