AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2008-02-19, 21:43   Link #3521
Shizzon
MEDIC!!

Location: Somewhere where anime is real and I watch reality on TV
Send a message via AIM to Shizzon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
i felt the most yuri from these two ^^. Kagami and Konota definally had their moments though
Shizzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 22:33   Link #3522
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzon View Post
i felt the most yuri from these two ^^.
So did Hiyori...
Quote:
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-19, 23:16   Link #3523
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Thumbs up

Quote:
Oh my. This is too adorable.
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 00:22   Link #3524
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minorou View Post
My goodness, how precious!
I wonder who drew that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Oh my. This is too adorable.
How about a version without Kagami:

Spoiler for nsfw, lingerie alert!:

Old 2008-02-20, 02:05   Link #3525
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
How about a version without Kagami:

Spoiler for nsfw, lingerie alert!:

at both pictures
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 20:11   Link #3526
kasey_da_queen

Like MezzoDragon said, there is a large amount of yuri undertones for this series. However, the point for my comment was that there was actually more yuri undertones in Konata/Kagami. A LOT of the better hints were NOT recognized though.
kasey_da_queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 00:23   Link #3527
nosyws040

dvdvol.9
click to enlarge
Old 2008-02-21, 00:33   Link #3528
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosyws040 View Post

dvdvol.9
click to enlarge
Miko family activities = awesomeness

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 03:01   Link #3529
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosyws040 View Post

dvdvol.9
click to enlarge
Me Like This Miko Pic..^^
Old 2008-02-22, 06:32   Link #3530
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

lol at Tsukasa! Cute Mikos

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 20:26   Link #3531
Dee Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasey_da_queen View Post
I was noticing things from her, a lot, that really emphasize what her character song 100% Nai Nai Nai is implying.
One of the funniest things about that song is behind Kagami's moaning you hear the chorus often cutting in crying out "Alright!!" as if telling her "Hey, don't sweat it girl! Just DO it!!!" LOL!

Dee
Dee Eon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 23:33   Link #3532
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

New Pic...^^
http://konachan.com/data/f824ad50cbd...735618b225.png
Old 2008-02-23, 09:12   Link #3533
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
This image is a lot funnier if you look at the un-detexted version:

Izumi Konata, leading the fashion trend.
Old 2008-02-23, 10:18   Link #3534
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
This image is a lot funnier if you look at the un-detexted version...
Izumi Konata, leading the fashion trend.
I didn't know there was one! Good find! :cookie:

the second pic is
Old 2008-02-24, 16:48   Link #3535
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ahou-32244.jpg

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2008-02-25 at 00:04. Reason: huge image changed to a link
Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 17:53   Link #3536
kasey_da_queen

I have no idea why I'm doing this but I keep feeling like I didn't make my point clear with my last posts and I want more people to know about this. Sure Konata and Kagami are just friends, however, friendship feelings is NOT the case here. Hints to yuri in the Konata/Kagami relationship were made throughout the series. Kagami does like Konata in THAT sense. Konata is a question mark in this relationship. I'm just not sure from her point of view. Kagami gave a LOT of hints to being interested in Konata in THAT sense throughout the series. I was very impressed with Kyoto Animation. The hints were very cleverly displayed while still being clear in the yuri sense. Some of the yuri hints from Kagami to Konata were so BLATANTLY obvious, it's absolute amazing how the hints got badly ignored by the fans. You can't give off more of a BLATANTLY obvious hint then the train scene of episode 3. If you didn't realize what Kagami did in that scene, go back and watch it NOW. What Kagami did in reaction to Konata in this scene was so BLATANTLY yuri obvious, it's absolute amazing how Kagami was able to get away with what she did. YURI is the only reason for what she did in that scene. It was just too blatant. Did anybody realize that Kagami had quite a bit of verbally blatant yuri statements about Konata as well? The most blatant was by far the statement she made in episode 4. Just before the Lucky Channel segment, Konata said, "That's why I just don't get girls." Kagami responds by saying, "Last time I checked you were one as well." Kagami checked to see whether Konata was really a girl? That would mean that Kagami might have actually seen Konata's....................................... and I serious can't go that far. You need to re-watch this series and keep your eyes FIXATED on Kagami. When I did that, I was picking up so many yuri vibes from Kagami to Konata I was literally crying. You can serious call Kagami a Tsundere, she has a love interest in Konata. I picked up quite a bit of dere dere Kagami to Konata moments that a lot of the fans didn't noticed. My favorite moment was by far the moment of episode 15............................................ and you know what? I'm NOT referring to the Haruhi concert scene.XD All I'm going to say about this scene is that I LOVE THIS MOMENT TO DEATH.XD So, there is actually more yuri in this show then people think. Anyway, if you don't want to re-watch the series to pick up on the hints, well Kagami's character song 100% Nai Nai Nai says it all. You can read the translation and listen to the song if you want.
kasey_da_queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 19:17   Link #3537
mikoo
Banned

. . . . .

Spoiler for Alien:
mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 20:08   Link #3538
Dee Eon

Wink You're Not Seeing UFOs: Yes, Yuri's There, Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasey_da_queen View Post
Kagami gave a LOT of hints to being interested in Konata in THAT sense throughout the series. I was very impressed with Kyoto Animation. The hints were very cleverly displayed while still being clear in the yuri sense.
No, you're not imagining it, guy. Look, I'm no sage, but anime animators, writers and producers are by nature and necessity a rather off-the-wall unorthodox progressive species and cut their reps and imaginations by pushing the envelope and thinking outside the box, and you can believe when they do anime they're not trying to ape Snow White. They love messing with our heads -- and we crave it like a dog's belly-scratch. Like it's a given that sly and not so shy yuri's seeded all over LS; if you see smoke there's fire, so no one's doubting you. The debate's which are the more telling signs to the same dance, that's all. Ironically, what SEEMS like the most obvious pairing (Yutaka-Minami) at least to me is a red-herring seen through Hiyori's pervert eyes because neither girl even hints/teases an interest in another, wherein Konata's coy teases with Kagami are a lil' more than suspect, and "Nai Nai Nai" with Kaggie's anguished pine cinching it. I never expected yuri to be overt on a show seen by children too; now to really take off with what's subtly going on with Konata-Kagami requires a whole new adult-themed show -- maybe "Lucky Star: The College Years" -- IF KA becomes bold enough (unlikely unless they pass LS's rights to "The Simpsons" folks), or until desktop anime production makes and changes the whole scene (not really all that far away--yea!!), till then we just have to make do with _good_ text fanfiction to fill in the gaps and see the duo's unadmitted deeper relationship.

Hope that helps!

Dee
Dee Eon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 23:04   Link #3539
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The point is... any yuri-festive relationship is never confirmed.. Whether you consider them friends or lovers is purely left to your feverish imaginations. I could take every "yuri" example and find perfectly non-yuri explanations for it. But those clues are there on purpose to make you think or wonder. Pure evil, eh?
Old 2008-02-25, 09:06   Link #3540
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
I agree with Vexx. There is no Yuri in lucky star apart from Hiyori's over the top imaginations. It is just shoujo-ai at best.

Unless there are confessions or kisses or just internal monologue about themselves liking certain same sex individuals that way. I can't call it yuri. Its more of a close friendship relationship.

If close friends relationship are called yuri/yaoi. We would be seeing a lot of homo relationships in real life.

A good example of Almost girl-love but still not girl-love relationship is the manga "Girlfriends by morigana milk". Between chapters 1-7 (8 above is the start of leaning towards yuri it seems). Without your yuri goggles it is clearly just close friendship between two girls. Okay I'll stop i've gone off topic now @_@.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images