AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-06-11, 01:18   Link #61
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I was wondering about chp 216. I wasn't sure if the scanlators decided to stop using the version that appears in sj, or if it was just on a longer than usual break.
Old 2004-06-11, 01:28   Link #62
sarcasteak
WAHA~

It's not just those English scanslators; I get mine from Chinese scanslators who are normally insanely diligent and have a load of anxious HxH fans waiting in their forums, and even they are only at 215 as well. Like El Diablo said...the mangaka takes too many breaks! >_<
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 08:42   Link #63
Baba
Grouky Freak

Send a message via ICQ to Baba Send a message via MSN to Baba
sniff, seems like we'll have to wait a long time for our next chapter .
Well, sure it's been a bit less interesting since the end of G.I. but i sure can't wait to know what will happen with those so called 'ants'.
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 23:43   Link #64
Dementium

this mangaka is kinda lazy....
i read his work b4 this.....yuyu hakusho....
he kinda sacrificed story and content just to end the whole thing fast....
it started off well but the ending was crappy
and sometimes he really screws up the art wif simple strokes
Dementium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 02:45   Link #65
Don Roberto
President of Euroslavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementium
this mangaka is kinda lazy....
i read his work b4 this.....yuyu hakusho....
he kinda sacrificed story and content just to end the whole thing fast....
it started off well but the ending was crappy
and sometimes he really screws up the art wif simple strokes
Yeah, he does the same in HxH too. After Greed Island, serious decline in artwork.
Don Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 07:11   Link #66
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
He decided that he wouldn't put much effort into his art for the weekly releases. However he does redraw it for the volume releases so its back to its original quality.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 07:23   Link #67
Dementium

Furthermore,is it just me or does this current storyline stink of dragonball?
Dun get me wrong,i like hunterxhunter,or at least i used to.I loved the Genei Ryoden story arc...but the current story arc really sucks in my opinion
Dementium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 05:21   Link #68
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Dun get me wrong,i like hunterxhunter,or at least i used to.I loved the Genei Ryoden story arc...but the current story arc really sucks in my opinion
How dare you compare the current HxH to DBZ?!

DBZ manga doesn't deserve this kind of insult!
Old 2004-06-14, 07:36   Link #69
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
How dare you compare the current HxH to DBZ?!

DBZ manga doesn't deserve this kind of insult!
The ant story-arc started out a lot like a standard shounen fighting show story-arc (like in, for example, DBZ), but then it had some surprise twists...

DBZ VS HxH. They're similar. They're both great. Please stop compairing them. The End.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 08:44   Link #70
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
but then it had some surprise twists...
Yes...an unexpected event. ;_;

Overall, though, I did not like the monster designs very much and the "student-fight" situation that served only as an excuse to buff Gon and Killua up...the training for them is necessary, but not here and not now.

Quote:
DBZ VS HxH. They're similar. They're both great. Please stop compairing them. The End.
Sigh, tell that to everyone else...I've given up trying long time ago.
Old 2004-06-14, 11:02   Link #71
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
Quote:
The ant story-arc started out a lot like a standard shounen fighting show story-arc (like in, for example, DBZ), but then it had some surprise twists...

why do i have the feeling that the surprising twists have surprised the author himself that he doesn't know how to continue
Old 2004-07-14, 01:54   Link #72
thelightandthedark
Ninja Hunter

Quote:
The ants is the stupidist thing that could happen to HxH.

I am super disappointed.

Not only is it stupid (I'll say it again) but it is a such a let down after GI which was one of the best story arcs so far. It just feels like a dbz nightmare and that I will wake up and find Gon fighting the Ryoden again.

I wish.
I am just waiting till the ant sotry arc dies which will prob be like another year at this rate
thelightandthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 19:43   Link #73
NenMaster

Silly people, he isnt lazy, the guy is very very ill or summin.
NenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 21:41   Link #74
Spyre
"Soon"

Togashi should just make the ant king die of a heart attack or have Netaro quickly destroy him or something. Then Gon and Killua can go on a world quest to clean up the other ants that left the NGL or something, and move away from pure fighting.

This would be a nice solution because it would get back to the core of the title, and yet still salvage the arc. The problem is that he keeps trying to out-do himself, and is trying to make each arc bigger and better than the last.
Spyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 19:06   Link #75
Baba
Grouky Freak

Send a message via ICQ to Baba Send a message via MSN to Baba
Well, we can say that in this case he really failed completly in attaining his goal....
I think that what I reproach the most to this story arc is that it has lost all it's meaning in term of hunters. It's just a bunch of people "fighting to save the world", it completly lost it's connection to the whole hunter concept that was ever present in the other story arc...
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 22:25   Link #76
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

currently 217... I just hope he can end the Zerg arc a bit faster...

GON is a MAN
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 22:45   Link #77
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Togashi's been "gravely ill" for like a year and a half now. If he was ACTUALLY so sick that he couldn't move his hands then he wouldn't be redrawing things for the volume releases. And if he was planning on redrawing things, then he should have simply taken an actual break to get over his sickness and take the time to work on the story, which obviously needs serious help. Takahashi Shin took over 5 months off when he got seriously sick in the MIDDLE of a series leaving it at a cliffhanger, no less, and no one cared because they knew he didn't want to sacrifice both his art and his health. Besides, Togashi's one of the wealthier mangakas currently living and has absolutely no reason to continue working through illness (I'm talking financial reason here).
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 02:30   Link #78
Bvgquack

and it's bcuz of the same very reason that you mentioned, I commend him. If anythin', he deserves praises for what he's doin', not sarcasms and criticism based on half-baked assumptions.
Bvgquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 02:32   Link #79
Bvgquack

Oh, and are you staff member of Snoopycool? I've been their fan ever since I read the FoR. Great stuff, man.
Bvgquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 03:33   Link #80
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

If the President's incapacitated to the point that he can't do his job as well as a kindergartner, then he's fired. As is any or professional. Manga should be no different. Commending a man for slovenly work because he refuses to rest is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. He's a workaholic that takes 2 times as long as everyone else in his profession to create a product of less than half the artistic merit and as far as I'm concerned his story has gotten progressively worse starting about 4 years ago (honestly, I didn't even read it far enough to see his pitiful artwork... I stopped the second they started playing deadly video games or whatever, but people have sense shown me). When your position goes down that far, you simply need to take common sense into consideration and stop until you get better.

And I founded SC
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain