AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2012-01-22, 08:47   Link #41
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

At first I thought he'd be a lot more like how Index handles magician: as in, breaking down the magic through analyzing their structure and taking advantage of the said information. But with the so called, 'secret' that was mentioned in the most recent chapter... I'm now more intrigued than ever before.
Old 2012-01-22, 10:47   Link #42
Shadow5YA

I thought the brother might have given up his magic power for his sister.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 10:53   Link #43
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I thought the brother might have given up his magic power for his sister.
So I'm not the only one to think so
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 11:11   Link #44
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

From the Miyabi rebuke "even in magic...", I though the Tatsuya has incredible magic potencial but because he cannot control it, his magic power was sealed. And he is study hard for theory of magic is one the reason he is want to control his magic power.

His attitude for anything that related with magic is because of how the public views about people with or without magic poten.
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 11:23   Link #45
larethian

Wow, I really enjoy reading all these speculations.
And I won't be giving out any spoilers, so don't bother PM-ing me.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 11:49   Link #46
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
aha! I know what you mean...
you already got your hand in all of those four volume and know what that secret is, don't you?
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 12:12   Link #47
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Yeah, thanks for not spoiling.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 05:32   Link #48
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

The win(cest) is strong in this one.

But I think it'll probably just have the siblings gaze romantically into each other's eyes once in a while, as the main plot plays out on the action and mystery side, with his secret and all.

I'm just wondering just how broken the main character will be. Clearly he's a Lelouch-type with his intelligence and (over-)awareness about social dynamics, but his "weakness" of having no magic is obviously hiding some special haxx power instead. Or just sealed magic, absurd amounts of sealed magic.

Note how the prologue scene has him wearing a shirt that clearly bears the "bloom," so we presume either he's so awesome he eventually gets into the magic class without magic, or his secret power has already been revealed by that point in the story.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 18:36   Link #49
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

Yeah I've noted that the first time I saw the first chapter since the first few pages show the future events while the following chapter rewinds to the first day of school. Another thing I'd like to note was the picture they used for the place where I'm reading the manga. It clearly depicts the main character having a CAD (at least, that's what I think it is). So even if he does suck at magic, that item in his possession would obviously show that he will be using magic (though how strong it is, I wouldn't know) to a certain extent.

As for the bloom, I was under the impression he would have joined the Student Council (or became a Committee Member) at some point thus resulting to the 'bloom' in his clothing. Then again, aside from being allowed to carry CAD, I don't know much about what becoming a Student Council member would entail.
Old 2012-01-26, 02:44   Link #50
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
From the Miyabi rebuke "even in magic...", I though the Tatsuya has incredible magic potencial but because he cannot control it, his magic power was sealed. And he is study hard for theory of magic is one the reason he is want to control his magic power.

His attitude for anything that related with magic is because of how the public views about people with or without magic poten.
actually i was thinking this too...

His Magic was wayyy too imba... he lacked control and had to seal it.

I dont see why else he would be worried about someone with eyes of detection looking at him and saying its dangerous.

Or he has some kind of demon thats attached to him and he's worried she would see it, but this aint a story about demons.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 03:38   Link #51
tsunade666

I don't think their would be a demon or he lacked control in it. His good at theory and academics so his the type that has brain and doesn't do thinks that would be reckless. A calculating type and an aware one to the others "gaze" or attention.

His way of using magic was probably an odd one and a more of a special and he doesn't want an unwanted attention so he doesn't like it to be revealed.
Old 2012-01-26, 07:03   Link #52
Khalil

I was wondering if the shi in Shiba also stands for the number four, or if it's just a phonetic/romaji thing.
Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 00:32   Link #53
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I don't think their would be a demon or he lacked control in it. His good at theory and academics so his the type that has brain and doesn't do thinks that would be reckless. A calculating type and an aware one to the others "gaze" or attention.

His way of using magic was probably an odd one and a more of a special and he doesn't want an unwanted attention so he doesn't like it to be revealed.
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/71156/m..._mangaholic/20

in the manga it seems she's about to slip saying "the truth is even for magic..." then she gets cut off by him....

this is why im going with he is too IMBA to control it hence sealed it off...
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 00:39   Link #54
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
I was wondering if the shi in Shiba also stands for the number four, or if it's just a phonetic/romaji thing.
It's not, Shiba is 司波. The only "Numbers" currently appeared are Mayumi (Saegusa - 七草) and Erika (Chiba - 千葉).
Old 2012-01-29, 05:12   Link #55
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
It's not, Shiba is 司波. The only "Numbers" currently appeared are Mayumi (Saegusa - 七草) and Erika (Chiba - 千葉).
I thought Saegusa means "seven grass" but the kanji in its name looks just like go "5". And the kanji in Chiba looks like "7"...

In chapter prologue it's said that there are powerful magic technicians equal to nuclear weapons. Is that really true? Does that mean that they can nuke a country on a whim using their magic? Aren't they truly monsters? How can our protagonist best them?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 06:41   Link #56
giorno

.....he nukes them harder?
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 07:01   Link #57
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
.....he nukes them harder?
lol
No!
He sabotage their Nuke before they even fire it
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 07:29   Link #58
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I wish this series will be made into anime this year. Waiting for manga will take too long time (it's monthly and I think 2 volumes of this manga will be equal to one LN and a little bit from LN volume 2, while one manga volume should consist of 6-7 chapters, which make it around 8-9 chapters for the first volume. That's more than half a year! While 12-episodes anime usually adapted from 3 volumes of LN. And it's just one season (3 months), well, let's hope it won't be like Mushi-uta which have 12 episodes adapted from a single LN volume.
Old 2012-01-29, 14:13   Link #59
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I thought Saegusa means "seven grass" but the kanji in its name looks just like go "5". And the kanji in Chiba looks like "7"...

In chapter prologue it's said that there are powerful magic technicians equal to nuclear weapons. Is that really true? Does that mean that they can nuke a country on a whim using their magic? Aren't they truly monsters? How can our protagonist best them?
I don't know what you mean by "looking like" since kanji are not equal to Arabic numerals, which the Chinese and Japanese don't use until modern times. Which means, there's nothing strange at all since there's no such resemblance to me at all.

Where did it say that? It only says they are powerful enough to stop nukes, not nuke something. They are not equivalent, especially given how detailed the mechanics are (they drive me nuts just from reading it alone, not translate mind you), you cannot map one to the other just like that.

I can say that one of the reasons, why I refuse to give spoilers, is because I can't give accurate spoilers without referring to many many many paragraphs again. Because the magic mechanics are way too detailed and extremely well thought out. Explanations of fights take many pages more than the fights themselves, and I always got lost through reading it.

Spoiler for for an idea of what kind of knowledge is needed to understand the powers of the characters:

And the problem is I can't remember all the details especially given how detailed they are. In a way, it may be easier to understand some parts if you have a Physics background.

Spoiler for next manga chapter prediction:

And it will be faster to learn Japanese than wait.
Old 2012-01-29, 17:47   Link #60
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

The statement about a powerful magic user equal to a nuke can be found in the very first chapter and about how a magic user can stop nuke from exploding can found in the chapter after that. (didn't you translate them yourself?)

I once tried to learn Japanese, but gave up on the first 100 kanji characters. I'm now studying in university for vehicle engineering which I think might be a mistake, while I have more interests in digital art and IT. ANd when I look back to Japanese I only remember hiragana, katakana and kanji numbers from 1-10.

Tags
irregular, koukou, mahouka, manga, rettousei, school life, shounen, yuutousei