AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2005-12-28, 23:42   Link #201
Fatty Chalupa
Whats this fuzzy feeling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron

You know, you can tell the difference with the box, my Strike Freedom has a slightly raised box for the extra runners of the stand, and the box has a distinctive side and backing. Where did you buy your Destiny? did the seller say if it was normal edition or 1st? To me, they're supposed to, like HLJ says for the Strike Freedom kit, although I remember that Destiny does not have the same message that SF has.

By the way, if you want a 1st edition SF, I got mine on ebay
I live in California where I have been blessed with a plethora of model stores. It was my fault for not asking whether or not the model was a 1st release. Thanks for the info!

BTW though, the open hands that come with the model never seem to hold its armor (the armor that holds the beam shield). The clenched fist seem to fit just right as opposed to the open hands which just drop their armor as soon as you move it. Anyone else have this problem?
Fatty Chalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 23:52   Link #202
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Chalupa
I live in California where I have been blessed with a plethora of model stores. It was my fault for not asking whether or not the model was a 1st release. Thanks for the info!

BTW though, the open hands that come with the model never seem to hold its armor (the armor that holds the beam shield). The clenched fist seem to fit just right as opposed to the open hands which just drop their armor as soon as you move it. Anyone else have this problem?
Hey thats nice, have you got Strike Freedom, or do you plan to? A seller on ebay is in California and he has the 1st edition.

Oh, and if you read the first part of my previous post, you'll see that I have problems with my SF's open hand as well. Yours drops the armor, mine can't even stay firm in the wrist polycap.... I guess the open hands have their defects lol...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 23:59   Link #203
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
By the way, do you have any more info on where you found this out, like a website or something?
Unfortunately no, I was browsing another forum when someone mentioned that you could send an e-mail to Bandai to get replacement parts. I was pretty skeptical at first, but it turned out to be true.

But I'm curiously though. For those people who got the normal edition of Strike-Freedom and Destiny, could you request the stand as a replacement part from Bandai? I'm not sure how many pieces the stand is, so if it's more than 4 I guess that's not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj898
I've decided to make Zaku as part of ground troop and Gundam as one of unofficial ground test unit sent to Earth for field test purpose... haven't thought of its designation number - probably RX-78-0 or RX-78-1 assuming Feds somehow managed to salvage the damaged Gundam prototype and sent to Earth for field evaluation after patched up.

I've yet to decided the type of armour and colour scheme though I'm leaning towards the GM Ground type desert scheme...
for Zaku I may ditch the olive altogether and opt for dark brown with heavy weathering simulating the unit has been on the field for extended period went thru numerous battles with not much of repair job in between...

for the base I'm torn between city or desert...
of course making desert will save me a lot of time compared to city where I will have to case the base and broken up to simulate the broken asphalt surface - may even need the bigger base to put the building??? Nah! that will be too much of work... Either way I will have to decide this weekend what type of base I will make...

if anyone have any suggestion feel free to comment.
From the pictures, I can see that it's coming along nicely. But as someone suggested earlier, it looks like the armor has been snapped off on the legs and such. I don't know if this is possible, but you could put the armor back on and make huge holes in it, exposing the inner frame. I don't know if I'm making sense, since I've never done anything like this before.

And a city base would be awesome, but you're right, it'll probably be too much work. Not too mention a brown color scheme wouldn't fit in a city setting.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 00:22   Link #204
Fatty Chalupa
Whats this fuzzy feeling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior
But I'm curiously though. For those people who got the normal edition of Strike-Freedom and Destiny, could you request the stand as a replacement part from Bandai? I'm not sure how many pieces the stand is, so if it's more than 4 I guess that's not possible.
When you first told us about the email thingy that was the very first thought that came into my mind. But I guess they would need proof that something happened in the form of a picture of something.

Edit: Just found out the stand is composed of 7 pieces. (Damn it! )

Last edited by Fatty Chalupa; 2005-12-29 at 01:36.
Fatty Chalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 04:35   Link #205
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

I used that when I lost a polycap to my Wing Gundam 1/100 model. But instead of just the single polycap, they sent the entire polycap sprue to me.

I'm wondering if they will accept a request for 2 parts from 2 different models...my Aegis 1/100 has a damaged peg on teh left arm, and my 1/60 Impulse has a damaged wing on the Force Silhouette.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 06:24   Link #206
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

i don't know anyone's following - if not I will stop posting till it's finished... :P

some minor update on Gundam - I cut off waste for better pose and in the process of more substantioanl damage on its right chest armour panel...

dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 15:05   Link #207
Nesty

a suggestion that i'd make for ur gundam dmg would be for teh right leg to place back the white casing, then have it with major bullet dents since with the armor, it kinda looks like it was just taken out so that we can see the interior.

right chest, add some dents to it it looks too "clean" compared to huge blown opening that it got

keep it up, it's coming along nicely
Nesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 17:22   Link #208
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

thanks for the suggestion...
the chest area I will build the internal frame like PG and the cover hatch will be put in back after some major blown up mod...

for the leg I like the exposed skeleton :P
I will see how it looks like if I put littl bit of left over armour on the frame before I decide...

this is still very much early stage of in-progress - I will probably need spend a lot more time before I get the damages look right - I based the damag model on the frame drawing of PG manuals...
Old 2005-12-29, 23:43   Link #209
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

I can't believe on ebay, there's a seller ripping images off Dalong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BANDAI-SEED-STRI...QQcmdZViewItem

Dalong's SF: http://211.233.38.221/dalong/seed/le1/le1_i.htm

And that ebayer has bad photoshop skills, I see the errors right away

I wish ebay had a report button on there...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-29, 23:53   Link #210
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

they do.
you can file with the item# and reason though it's up to eBay whether get off thei lazy ass and do something about...
Old 2005-12-30, 03:17   Link #211
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

quick test fit of Gundam and pose variation for Zaku...

Old 2005-12-30, 12:44   Link #212
Nesty

haha that gundam of urs in that pose gives off a "omg why meeeee!" feeling XD
Nesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 03:33   Link #213
pastfox

Guys check this guy's gundams. I like how he made them http://www.dannychoo.com/galleries/eng/ its a fun place to go and look at stuff too.
pastfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 07:20   Link #214
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

ok.. complete overhaul of Gundam...
it now has fully posable waste...

Old 2005-12-31, 16:34   Link #215
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastfox
Guys check this guy's gundams. I like how he made them http://www.dannychoo.com/galleries/eng/ its a fun place to go and look at stuff too.
I've never outlined my models before...finally just bought my black fine tip recently. I was wondering, how do you guys make your outlines so crisp and nice (like his... ) I did a few test runs on some SD models and I tend to sort of...blotch it. Looks all runny and junk. So how do you guys do it?
theOtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 17:32   Link #216
portgas D ace

Quote:
I've never outlined my models before...finally just bought my black fine tip recently. I was wondering, how do you guys make your outlines so crisp and nice (like his... ) I did a few test runs on some SD models and I tend to sort of...blotch it. Looks all runny and junk. So how do you guys do it?
have patience, a good eye, and something to help erase it when you mess up, and last but not least.... practice.... or you could just hire someone to do it for you :P
portgas D ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-31, 22:03   Link #217
MrNotalk

You can also use a 0.5 or 0.7 lead pencil to do your panel lines....
MrNotalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 02:21   Link #218
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member

Hmm....lead pencils....
theOtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-01, 03:00   Link #219
tetsuo69

i'm thinking of getting

1:400 Meteor Uint (SEED DESTINY) http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp.../section-toys/

1:100 Destiny Gundam http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp.../section-toys/

MIA Strike Freedom Gundam http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp.../section-toys/

now i'm asking is it worth getting this for this price?
Old 2006-01-01, 04:58   Link #220
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Not models but my D-Formations arrived!! Its too bad I couldn't find Blast Impulse and Lunamaria's Zaku.

Sword Impulse Seed the Hyper series figure arrived to:

And back on to the topic, built my Strike Freedom...wish I got the original Freedom instead:
Spoiler:
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy