AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-10-05, 00:56   Link #261
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
I have to ask if it gets more interesting later, and do Banri and Kaga get together that fast (or at least Kaga grows to like Banri romantically to because as far as the manga chapter I read, Banri is rejected because Kaga sees him as her best friend only), or is this will be the kind of series where the MC get the girl just before the series ends?

I don't mind getting spoiled so please spoil me if there's any major events that makes the series more interesting later. Of course, put it behind the spoiler tag like forum rules stated
To further elaborate the point mentioned already by other users....

Spoiler:

About things getting "more interesting", both the past and the present gets unveiled bit by bit in the novel, so the reader has to put up together the events. The anime seems to be sticking with this, as they showed up a pretty big piece at the end of episode 1.
Old 2013-10-05, 02:54   Link #262
LordMatsu

The only thing that is bugging me is how she'll get closure between Mitsuo and Kouko & Linda and Banri. The synopsis talks about the Kouko being an attached childhood friend following Mitsuo, Mitsuo still running away (cause of reasons you learn while reading the LN, which frankly I find stupid, even if she was a bit obsessive), Banri losing his memories, and Linda being quiet about everything. I personally have my own ship of who I want together, but what I want more is to have some closure within all of them so everybody can move on.
What Banri does after he regains his memories, does Mitsuo really think the grass is greener on the other side, does Kouko really need Mitsuo- why did she love him so much, why is Linda so protective of Banri? There are so many questions, once answered then I think (for a story) they can finally move on to be with whomever Takemiya-sensei chooses to do.
I can kind of see how the anime will turn out, so I'll probably just keep waiting for more novels and wait til the entire anime finishes. I'm not sure if she'll keep within the 10 novels she did with Toradora, entirely possible, or possibly less.
LordMatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 03:00   Link #263
amrul

Quote:
Before the anime starts, I only read the manga, without any knowledge of the LN, and find it not that interesting and decided to drop it. But when I tried to watch the first episode of the anime, with heavy Banri x Kaga on the OP I got reeled it again.

And then with the anime will be 2 cours, and from what I read there's a chance the anime will cover all the LN so far, and maybe even the upcoming one, I have to ask if it gets more interesting later, and do Banri and Kaga get together that fast (or at least Kaga grows to like Banri romantically to because as far as the manga chapter I read, Banri is rejected because Kaga sees him as her best friend only), or is this will be the kind of series where the MC get the girl just before the series ends?

I don't mind getting spoiled so please spoil me if there's any major events that makes the series more interesting later. Of course, put it behind the spoiler tag like forum rules stated
Spoiler:

the spoiler goes up to volume 6, so if you don't want to be spoiled that much then don't read it
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 03:12   Link #264
anime fan99

question to Any one read the light novel Is there love triangles or Quartets
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 04:08   Link #265
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulukan View Post
Spoiler for :
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
To further elaborate the point mentioned already by other users....
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrul View Post
the spoiler goes up to volume 6, so if you don't want to be spoiled that much then don't read it
Thanks a lot guys!
Now I know what to expect, officially un-drop!
Spoiler for response for the spoiler:
Old 2013-10-05, 04:12   Link #266
amrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
question to Any one read the light novel Is there love triangles or Quartets
so far no, the thing with linda for now I don't want to call it as love triangle

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys!
Now I know what to expect, officially un-drop!
Spoiler for response for the spoiler:
Somehow I agree with you, bonding at the end of the story feels too boring
Old 2013-10-08, 01:55   Link #267
Ridwan

Good thing I know what to expect now. It kinda feels weird to me though seeing Mitsuo makes a turn for loli route
Old 2013-10-08, 06:35   Link #268
LordMatsu

I basically want to see how she resolves the drama regardless of who ends up with who. I love to see how artists resolve their stories.
LordMatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 07:06   Link #269
csuree
The Most Hated™

Well you know what they say.....many times the journey is much more fun than what awaits you at the destination

This is he main reason why I became interested in this novel, it removed the expected results and came with something unexpected.

Honestly as I read volume 1 when I started it, I was expecting Kouko to try hard to get Mitsuo and Banri would have helped her while he hooks up with Linda.... but as the story developed, Banri became close with Kouko and even if it was unexpected i liked it....

BTW if U gonna say that Toradora was like GT just to clear it, I never read Toradora....only Watashitachi no Tamura-kun.(maybe I'll read Tora too..it is completed after all)
Old 2013-10-08, 12:31   Link #270
amrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Well you know what they say.....many times the journey is much more fun than what awaits you at the destination

This is he main reason why I became interested in this novel, it removed the expected results and came with something unexpected.

Honestly as I read volume 1 when I started it, I was expecting Kouko to try hard to get Mitsuo and Banri would have helped her while he hooks up with Linda.... but as the story developed, Banri became close with Kouko and even if it was unexpected i liked it....
In my case, I take the banri x kouko pairing as something that must happen at all cost (and it did, faster than expected). Even though at the start of the story doesn't seem to be like that, but I feel convinced that they would somehow end up together after Banri's conversation with Mitsuo in Banri's apartment. But what's interesting is how is he going to cope with the relationship and his past.

Long story short, it's the process that is enjoyable

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
BTW if U gonna say that Toradora was like GT just to clear it, I never read Toradora....only Watashitachi no Tamura-kun.(maybe I'll read Tora too..it is completed after all)
I watched Toradora (never read the novel/manga though) and IMO it differs in many aspect. Not only the school setting vs college setting, in terms of characters' life and problems there are also difference. Ryuji had problems with his mean looking face, while banri has problems regarding his loss of 16 years of existence. Kouko is pictured as a fashion-aware and full of obsession towards mitsuo, whilte taiga is just an ordinary girl who has an interest towards someone other than ryuuji (forgot his name lol).

Therefore I would say Toradora is nowhere similar to GT. Besides, I picked up the story not because of Takemiya Yuyuko herself (she just a trigger in my finding her other works like Evergreen) but because the story piqued my interest.
Old 2013-10-08, 12:56   Link #271
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Her dere mode is way too powerful
Reading on... Yeah, I think I can understand some points made by Mitsuo regarding her.

Too much dere is not a good thing just as much as too much tsun.

... And yeah, baka-couple needs some insulin.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 23:29   Link #272
csuree
The Most Hated™

Well I was saying about Tora and GT that they are similar because, the main characters have someone else in their mind at first, but in the end they end up together.
Old 2013-10-10, 04:58   Link #273
NeutralZero

can you cite some ex of Kouko's dere mode?
just how powerful is powerful?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 19:26   Link #274
venshade

I'm just a newbie here can I ask if the LN was already completed?

so that I can buy it already.
Old 2013-10-10, 20:35   Link #275
bulukan

Quote:
Originally Posted by venshade View Post
I'm just a newbie here can I ask if the LN was already completed?

so that I can buy it already.
not yet, there are 7 volume + 3 side story..

just looked to vol 7 illustration banri looks so cool here

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in..._vol07_279.jpg
bulukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 21:10   Link #276
venshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulukan View Post
not yet, there are 7 volume + 3 side story..

just looked to vol 7 illustration banri looks so cool here

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in..._vol07_279.jpg

so the 7th volume of the LN has been release or just to be release I'm eager to read the LN in raw because I want to get ahead of the anime and spoil me
Old 2013-10-10, 21:52   Link #277
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by venshade View Post
so the 7th volume of the LN has been release or just to be release I'm eager to read the LN in raw because I want to get ahead of the anime and spoil me
It was released yesterday. Volume 8 might be released next March when the anime ends.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 01:52   Link #278
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
can you cite some ex of Kouko's dere mode?
just how powerful is powerful?
Well, as her "Mitsuo fairy tale" mode hints, she is pretty innocent deep down, and thus she is capable of some very strong reactions. Like when she finds a ready to use condom in Banri's room. Is usually when she acts normally when it's the best, in other words when she is fixated or something (usually what happens in the start) or when she is troubled by something you can't see her full shine at first glance. When she is in charge, it's also cool, but in a different sense

There is stuff like this as well.
Old 2013-10-13, 12:14   Link #279
Wilshere

Any link to the translated light novel?
Old 2013-10-13, 13:00   Link #280
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Any link to the translated light novel?
As I understand it, they frown on such links around here. But it's easy to find. Google on "Baka Tsuki Golden Time" and you will find it.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college, dengeki bunko, love triangle, romance, school life, shounen