AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Old 2012-07-22, 21:18   Link #1181
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Yui is a bitch and Yuuya is an ass. It's obvious that these two are meant to solve each other problems lol.
Which is a textbook age method... (anyone remember Akane Maniax?)

Looking forward to the next episode (hopefully...), where the two will hopefully butt heads with TSF's
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 21:19   Link #1182
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

Her friend became lunch and felt the first few bites all thanks to Yui.
So then, are you sure if you in that kind of situation, you can make clear headshots?
Old 2012-07-22, 21:21   Link #1183
YF19EX

Any pilot needs to be trained and rated (have hours logged) on any new aircraft. Its not to say a good pilot can only pilot one craft. They can and they do. But people have to be rated on new aircraft. Hours logged, nuances figured out. You don't just go and stick and A-10 pilot into an F-22 and expect them to get the full capabilities of the craft. Especially when said craft have very different fighting styles and uses.

Of course I digress and its anime. Which expects ace pilots to pick up the stick of any craft and master it in the first outing.

I give this one a bit more credit in trying to put the real feel and experience and training as part of this exercise. But I don't agree with Yui talking down to him with regards to his flight. Its not a simple as she makes it sound. His own hang ups aside, differences in training and tactics (including his inexperience with real combat) probably held him back a bit. But I expect him to adapt and lead as a good hero should. Hell Kou Uraki did not even truly Master the GP-01 in the first go.
YF19EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 21:27   Link #1184
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I agree with Orion there, if he allowed to be humilliated then he really would be an embarrasment. Quite surprised he didn't slaped her and go stay-in-the-kitchen .
There's nothing wrong with being humiliated if you're also in the wrong. If he allowed himself to be humiliated, then learn what he must have done wrong, improve himself and become better, he will become a better person. If he reacts against it just because he was humiliated without trying to find why it happens then too bad for him if he continued to get humiliated over and over again.

It's more of an embarrassment for him if he gets humiliated and not learn from it then get humiliated and then improve himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
So then, are you sure if you in that kind of situation, you can make clear headshots?
We are all tough men (over the internet)!

Joking asides, I'm sure after such an incident, Yui must have worked her ass off right? Just because of her past failure does not mean she does not have the right to scold or be harsh towards the other pilots:

You could think of it this way. This is just an example and nothing else. She saw her past self and mistakes existing in Yuuya. She in a way tries to fix it so that such attitude and thinking won't get Yuuta and his friends to experience the same mistakes she went through. She made a mistake in the past and is now helping those who have similar traits to not go through what she did.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 21:42   Link #1185
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Assault superior office may bring you to death penalty .
Honor goes first .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 21:43   Link #1186
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Yep, Yui is harsh to other pilots, especially Yuuya because she don't want others follow her fallen wheel's trace. Attitude of Yuuya is only heavy to team mates and just a mistake of single soldier can bring destrustion to entire army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Honor goes first .
And death is honour .
Old 2012-07-22, 21:47   Link #1187
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Yep, Yui is harsh to other pilots, especially Yuuya because she don't want others follow her fallen wheel's trace. Attitude of Yuuya is only heavy to team mates and just a mistake of single soldier can bring destrustion to entire army.

And death is honour .
A death with a smile on your face. BANG!
Still, Yuuya doesn't seems to be the type that will left his comrades there on the NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
There's nothing wrong with being humiliated if you're also in the wrong. If he allowed himself to be humiliated, then learn what he must have done wrong, improve himself and become better, he will become a better person. If he reacts against it just because he was humiliated without trying to find why it happens then too bad for him if he continued to get humiliated over and over again.

It's more of an embarrassment for him if he gets humiliated and not learn from it then get humiliated and then improve himself.

We are all tough men (over the internet)!

Joking asides, I'm sure after such an incident, Yui must have worked her ass off right? Just because of her past failure does not mean she does not have the right to scold or be harsh towards the other pilots:

You could think of it this way. This is just an example and nothing else. She saw her past self and mistakes existing in Yuuya. She in a way tries to fix it so that such attitude and thinking won't get Yuuta and his friends to experience the same mistakes she went through. She made a mistake in the past and is now helping those who have similar traits to not go through what she did.
The problem is how she seems to be foccused on Yuuya only, what about Tarisa?
Old 2012-07-22, 21:59   Link #1188
novalysis

After hearing the streams of condemnation of Muv Luv Eclipse in the Blogosophere, I watched the episode fearing that it was going to suck.

Not.

I always wonder why people bring out the knives that early. Episode 4 brings out issues that seem to be plot important.

And Yui is a Tsundere Commanding Officer in a grim war. Ok, never mind, there's only the most circumstantial evidence for that, but I suspect that as this anime goes along.....

Basically, Bridges is a Half with an identity crisis (which seems quite bizarre in a world where humanity is fighting for it's existence.) And Yui is a traumatized Tsun hidden under a veneer of aristocratic Bitchiness.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 22:09   Link #1189
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I dunno about you guys but... when are we getting Starship Troopers back?
I know right?

I personally found 4th episode boring as hell. No notable exciting mecha battles (but then again Yuuya is supposed to be green against BETA), no step forward towards romance (unless you count being scolded by Yui in every scene), and no sense of urgency that the first two episodes brought. Just all this nationalistic pride bullcrap (be it American or Japanese) and Yuuya somehow getting past all the security of the 'secret room' of the Soviets. :shrug:

Oh well, at least next episode it seems we'd have Yuuya vs Yui. Finally a way to release all that sexual tension lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 22:16   Link #1190
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

its too obvious for Yui to be an ace. but that's what i expect. put him in his place. needs more Chobi and Venus action...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 22:23   Link #1191
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Hmm, seeing some comments blasting Yui. Firstly, anyone else has Military or Civil defense command experience? Personally I felt it was handled more or less professionally, without having to call in official presence.

Firstly, the correct response to cut the ego of a subordinate who thinks they know everything is to let them know how much they don't know. Cutting him off at the knees after his attempt to show up his Female Japanese superior is within her rights. If she went by the book, she could have made him stand to attention, demand that he address her in the proper military manner, and charge him on improper conduct towards an Superior Officer, with administrative punishment which could have consisted of making him do pushups, running laps, confinement, additional guard duties, all in the presence of his peers. She could have done this in response to the Japanese Doll comment as well.

Assigning him to the Japanese TSF shows she is working the system to bring him up to standards. She could have just demanded a different pilot be assigned, as he suggested. It can be said that the pilot selection is dependent on political factors which she is aware of, and is attempting to work within the system.

Again, her response to his show of aggression upon being told to use the Japanese TSF, with Yui's attempt to identify the source of his discontent, is well on the lower scale of what she might have done. Even he admits it was a good plan after the fact.

Do also note that Yui has exhibited a tremendous amount of restraint as well. She comes from a military culture where such level of disrespect is unthought of, much less tolerated. I do not know how long her service in the UN forces was, so I cannot comment on how her experiences in there might have influenced her behavior. In contrast, Yuuya maintains his insubordinate behavior and attitude, which was already abrasive in his culture.

I give the credit for the levels of plot consistency to the LN writers. Since the purely animation items have massive inconsistencies, its difficult to adjust with the different levels of detail from the different mediums when brought together by a director which is not experienced in this genre. I guess everyone has to start somewhere though.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 22:27   Link #1192
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Yep. I can make the shot. I'd prefer to do it from a distance with a sniper rifle so I can run like hell.
Old 2012-07-22, 22:31   Link #1193
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 22:35   Link #1194
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Ignoring the rather silly plot point concerning Japanese pride that looks to eventually be a major point to this story, my only real concern with the heavy emphasis on Yui's attempt to verbally smack some sense into Yuya is that the Laws of Anime make it almost a guarantee that since Yuya is the main character, he's going to end up in a position where he's going to save Yui's butt. Or, at least, one-up her.

Now, I realize Yui's talk doesn't necessarily have anything to do with who's the better pilot, but rather a way to goad Yuya out of his self-absorbed train of thought, so I suppose I shouldn't be bothered by the almost certain prospect that Yuya ends up overcoming his issues and becomes a super-ace pilot, as that should be what we're rooting for out of this plot device (otherwise, what was the point), but it bugs me regardless.

I'm also not expecting realism from an anime, but having spent my time in the US Army, I have to side with Yui if one has to take sides in the Yuya x Yui battle of the fanosphere.

Lastly, was that Yui's machine at the very end?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 22:36   Link #1195
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep4:
I wouldn't want to be called "the living dead". He described the doll as looking like it's alive but really dead.
Old 2012-07-22, 22:55   Link #1196
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
On the one hand, I now really miss the feel and tone of the first two episodes of this.

On the other hand, Yuuya vs. Yui is oddly entertaining. It doesn't reflect well on either of them, in my opinion, but it has a certain swagger and sexual tension to it that's pretty amusing and enticing. Personally, I think both of them are acting in a petty and unprofessional manner, but at least their reasons for being like that are understandable to me.

The rest of the cast is Ok, I guess, but I don't get what they're aiming for with the white-haired Russian girls. I hope those two get more development soon, as their role in this story is a real mystery to me so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Ignoring the rather silly plot point concerning Japanese pride...
Why is that a silly plot point? There's countless Americans (both in fiction, and in real life) that are proud of their country. If it's fine for American characters, why isn't it fine for Japanese characters?
Old 2012-07-22, 23:02   Link #1197
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta
Spoiler for ep4:
"Hey! Look I survived 8 minutes! Now I'm..." *gets tackled by Beta*

Yeah... now she is dead, yay!

Errr... I just noticed the ironic coincidence when looking at your user name...

Chobi is Innia? @_@ *needs to sleep*.
Old 2012-07-22, 23:04   Link #1198
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

One thing that gets me is how a pilot, Yuuya, can NOT notice the pilot wings on Inia's jacket when he first meets her... She is wearing a pilot jacket, with pilot wings, unit patch, and he goes 'Oh who is this little girl, I better follow her and make sure no evil bear appears'... and follows the obvious jail bait... Where is his bloody situation awareness!?

Then a 'pilot' who's training is supposed to have a lesson in resisting interrogation, screams like little wuzzy girl at the sight of man with big needle. I'll cut some slack that in the ML world interrogation might be cut out of training, but really...

Then there was the 'OMG Thats too many BETA!'... I really wonder at his pilot level at this point.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 23:14   Link #1199
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Hmm, seeing some comments blasting Yui. Firstly, anyone else has Military or Civil defense command experience? Personally I felt it was handled more or less professionally, without having to call in official presence.

Firstly, the correct response to cut the ego of a subordinate who thinks they know everything is to let them know how much they don't know. Cutting him off at the knees after his attempt to show up his Female Japanese superior is within her rights. If she went by the book, she could have made him stand to attention, demand that he address her in the proper military manner, and charge him on improper conduct towards an Superior Officer, with administrative punishment which could have consisted of making him do pushups, running laps, confinement, additional guard duties, all in the presence of his peers. She could have done this in response to the Japanese Doll comment as well.

Assigning him to the Japanese TSF shows she is working the system to bring him up to standards. She could have just demanded a different pilot be assigned, as he suggested. It can be said that the pilot selection is dependent on political factors which she is aware of, and is attempting to work within the system.

But Yui IS a Japanese doll (or would be if she learn to keep her mouth shut). What experience does she have exactly? Watching her friends die and being luckily enough to be saved. Please. I know I wouldn't want to be led by her. Chances are everyone on her squad, except her of course, will end up dead. Someone needs to say this to her face. I wish to observe the reaction....

*Note: don't take this post serious.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 23:32   Link #1200
Miraluka
Banned

Its interesting enough to red though .

Tags
action, aliens, mecha, romance, science fiction, seinen