AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-03-21, 05:10   Link #1161
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
>_> Poor Gin. Aye, thanks, appreciate the help.

@solwyvern Thats a cool pic of Gin! Ginzilla... WUHAHAHA..

@Flo the Yakult machine gun Gin looks like a guy!! Disturbing....

Hmmm.. so what happened to the discussion on the doll's fighting capabilities.. someone wanna write a full analysis on that?

Wha??... No more tea-party?
Actually the discusion about their fighting abilities in terms about power will be very difficult imho. For example Hina seemed pretty powerful until her medium ran dry, was that because she overspent or because Tomoe was weak? She was passing out beforehand. Gin in S1 with no medium was scary powerful (because of her feelings?), in S2 it was her concern for Meg that caused her to loose.

In terms of fighting styles I would put everyone's core abilities as:

Hina - Binding
Shinku - Attack and defence
Sui - Bind & defence
Sou - Attack
Gin - Attack & defence
Kanaria - Attack
Bara - Attack
Kira - ????

Thinking about it, Sou and Suis core abilities seem to compliment each other the most, shame Sou lost the sight of that.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 05:57   Link #1162
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

From what I see, Hinal-ichigo is more focused on offense, seeing that she has no means to protect herself and has to conjure strawberry vines to bind the enemy so she could execute more attacks and to prevent more harm from occuring from herself.

But seeing that she draws her energy from Jun via the third party (Shinku), her abilities were nerfed greatly from the second episode of the 1st season.

Shinku and Suigintou were almost alike in both attacking and defensive abilities. I typed about that earlier.

Suiseiseki, I think, is good in both defense and offense, but she is very very reliant on the watering can (if destroyed, will render Suiseiseki defenseless, just like Kanaria). She needs it to conjure plants to either protect or attack, and from what I see in Traumend, the vines can be powerful in the offense, but so and so in defense (well, Souseiseki did just slice them apart, after all).

Souseiseki lacks defense (if you don't count her blocking any melee attacks with her scissors), but she excels in offense. We can safely say that she is akin to a medieval swordsman, with no armor and shield.

I had described Kanaria in earlier posts, but I think her biggest weakness is that she panics very easily. In episode 11, she should be able to summon Suiseiseki's watering can. Problem is, she panicked after Barasuishou shattered her violin. If she could calm down and think clearly, she would have summoned the watering can and continue to trash Barasuishou with plants.

Barasuishou had proven herself to be on par with both Suigintou and Shinku in terms of attack and defense. All three are proficient with melee weapons, ranged attacks and defense.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 06:22   Link #1163
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Well, Suigintou without a medium is deadly powerful, so with a more suitable medium than Meg she'll probably be the most powerful of them all. Shinku is obviously weaker than Suigintou ... but I think I recall from some muttered statements that she was the most perfect and powerful doll created by Rozen (by Enju, perhaps?)

Shinku is still powerful and can still par with Suigintou.

Barasuishou is the weakest among the three ... as could be seen in the series.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 06:49   Link #1164
grey_moon

I was thinking about thier core abilities, Hina's vines, Gins wings etc...

If we start considering n-field summons then Hina has shown the most versitility in that, since I don't recall any one else using them. Maybe that's why Tomoe was drained.

Last edited by grey_moon; 2006-03-21 at 07:03.
Old 2006-03-21, 07:52   Link #1165
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Send a message via MSN to Dark Steno
After a while, I think Yakult tastes better than Vitagen.
Dark Steno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 08:02   Link #1166
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

If the fight happens in Hina's dream world, she has the upper hand, that is if she doesn't drain her medium's energy dry first. Of all the doll's dream world, Hina's actually had things that can attack. I don't remember seeing anything in Shinku's or Suigintou's dream world that is capable of attacking.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 08:11   Link #1167
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincemaker
If the fight happens in Hina's dream world, she has the upper hand, that is if she doesn't drain her medium's energy dry first. Of all the doll's dream world, Hina's actually had things that can attack. I don't remember seeing anything in Shinku's or Suigintou's dream world that is capable of attacking.
Gin had the broken dolls, but they were pretty pony in the grand scheme of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Steno
After a while, I think Yakult tastes better than Vitagen.
They all make me queasy maybe it's psychological
Old 2006-03-21, 08:14   Link #1168
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon

In terms of fighting styles I would put everyone's core abilities as:

Hina - Binding
Shinku - Attack and defence
Sui - Bind & defence
Sou - Attack
Gin - Attack & defence
Kanaria - Attack
Bara - Attack
Kira - ????

Thinking about it, Sou and Suis core abilities seem to compliment each other the most, shame Sou lost the sight of that.

I have a different opinion though.

Shinku should be stun because you have seen Holie in action and her rose petals are not really a good offensive attack. As for defense, I don't know.

I forgot Kanaria in my last post. I think she would fit the role of ranged attack or ranged support.

As for Kirakishou, I still stick with Critical attack but low defense.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 08:15   Link #1169
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
I don't remember seeing anything in Shinku's or Suigintou's dream world that is capable of attacking.
All we've seen from Shinku's dream world is her tea room.

And Gin's N-field DOES have things that attack. Remember the shattered dolls around the field, who gained life once Jun and group stepped there?

@Flo: Please, no more eye-poking images, for god's sake. I just had breakfast and yet another 5-hour night's sleep.

@Someone: Wth? Hina's not the only one who can make other objects alive. Shinku also did it in episode 1 and in other episodes, using Jun's dolls to fight for him and go with them to Gin's N-field rescue Hina. Hina's really versatile when it comes to fighting, but it's very apparent that she's the weakest (Yes, even Kanaria'd win against her, if it were an only power-related battle). On her fight with Shinku on episode 2, Shinku barely took damage, even though Hina was using all of Hotaru's power.

By the way... that girl, Jun's friend and Hina's ex-medium IS named Hotaru, right? Or am I making a mess here with Sailor Moon's "Hotaru Tomoe"? O_o

Anyway, I think that Gin's problem with Yakult is that she really doesn't have a stomach, therefore Yakult can't do anything for her. But I find it funny that so many people found it amazing how she asked the old man if he'd taken his Yakult too :P

Gin's certainly a battle-suited one, but I'd guess that's because of her unique personality; she has probably fought way more than any other of the dolls, therefore she has more experience (You do see that she manages to use her weaponry quite well), and unlike any other, she carries a sword (Not counting Bara.). She also moves quite swiftly. The reason why she lost to Bara's because 1) She tried to protect Shinku, 2) Bara sneaked in from behind.

Edit:

Remembered something here.
You guys did already realize that Holie's special power is to back time of a certain object, right? It's even shown in the opening, the sands of time falling down, and with Shinku looking, the sand starts to go back, defying gravity. It's not really "magic" that Shinku fixes the windows and Jun's kitchen. I think that those things really give us some idea of what to expect in the future, but I don't want to spoil anything unless I have some proof. But keep an eye on Holie, because I bet Shinku will do something important with it's power in the future.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 08:16   Link #1170
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

The only thing I like about Kanaria is her violin. (Because I have one lol)
Old 2006-03-21, 08:19   Link #1171
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
The reason why she lost to Bara's because 1) She tried to protect Shinku, 2) Bara sneaked in from behind.
I don't think so. The wings were still intact if I am not wrong. In episode 11 of the first RM. Gin can cover herself fully with her wings. I'm sure that she knows that Bara is coming despite the last second warning by Shinku.
Old 2006-03-21, 08:21   Link #1172
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Well I don't recall it very well, because I kind of rushed through these last episodes.
Because of one of Flo's gifs, (the one with Shinku smiling while Gin gets pwned from behind), I was astonished to think "Crap, does Shinku really turn to the dark side of the force in the end? This is something I wanna check".

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-21, 08:23   Link #1173
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
I don't think so. The wings were still intact if I am not wrong. In episode 11 of the first RM. Gin can cover herself fully with her wings. I'm sure that she knows that Bara is coming despite the last second warning by Shinku.
Perhaps she was in emotional mode? If you see how she and Shinku having such conversation.
Old 2006-03-21, 08:25   Link #1174
blitz1/2

Not paying attention can cause you your life. Lesson learned.

Anyways, chapter 2 of my RM fanfiction is up! Please review.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=29230
Old 2006-03-21, 08:27   Link #1175
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

w00t! I found a pic.

sweet! <3♥
Old 2006-03-21, 08:32   Link #1176
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
I have a different opinion though.

Shinku should be stun because you have seen Holie in action and her rose petals are not really a good offensive attack. As for defense, I don't know.

I forgot Kanaria in my last post. I think she would fit the role of ranged attack or ranged support.

As for Kirakishou, I still stick with Critical attack but low defense.
Ah good point, since she tends to use her fists and cane for offence, but the petals do act well as defense.

Kanaria needs to watch ROD and see how sound attacks are really carried out.

@solwyvern some of those cosplayers are in a class of their own.
Old 2006-03-21, 08:34   Link #1177
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern
No bigger picture than that?
Old 2006-03-21, 08:46   Link #1178
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Steno
No bigger picture than that?
I wish

http://www41.tok2.com/home/murakumo/Photo8/photo8.html#
Old 2006-03-21, 08:52   Link #1179
Dark Steno
Zigadongdong!

Thanks dude. <3♥
Old 2006-03-21, 09:03   Link #1180
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern
I'm in love!!!!

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural