AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2008-08-07, 10:33   Link #881
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

To me, it sounds like a collection of short stories filled with cute and funny moments made to make us go "aaaaaaaahhh" and "oooohhh" or "hauuu" (Rena's style). But too soon to suppose I guess. Looking forward to see Rena going mad and taking everyone home...
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 11:44   Link #882
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanithor View Post
So guys. New arc for Higurashi being done by Yuna Kagesaki. Wonder what it's gonna be like. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni: Kokoro-Iyashi-hen (Heart Healing Chapter?)
Yuna Kagesaki? The one that did Karin! That's crazy! And they make it sound like she's doing it becuase Ito is busy... I like his style way better.
Dreamiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 12:55   Link #883
Mr. Delicious

You know, I'm only wary of one thing--the length of Higurashi. Sure, the first arcs are in 50+ page segments, so they can do a once-a-month thing. However, in arcs like Meakashi, there are 20+ issues with only 30 or so pages. What if they only publish 1 a month?

In Japan, it's been a quicker series since multiple arcs have been running in different magazines. However, if 1 chapter a month is published here--there are 106 manga chapters out so far. 1 a month. Therefore, there will be 9 years worth of slow Higurashi (not to mention the final arcs, which will surely be at least meakashi-length, and the ones being drawn as we speak). Can Yen Press stay afloat for that length of time, and will audience interest remain? Furthermore, if the first issues are quite popular, and the two seasons are dubbed (spoiling the mystery), will certain arcs of the manga be as well-received?

On a side note--which artists of the manga did you find the best?

For me:

Jirō Suzuki
Karin Suzuragi
Yoshiki Tonogai
En Kitō
Hanase Momoyama
Yutori Hōjō
Mr. Delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 19:01   Link #884
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Delicious View Post
You know, I'm only wary of one thing--the length of Higurashi. Sure, the first arcs are in 50+ page segments, so they can do a once-a-month thing. However, in arcs like Meakashi, there are 20+ issues with only 30 or so pages. What if they only publish 1 a month?

In Japan, it's been a quicker series since multiple arcs have been running in different magazines. However, if 1 chapter a month is published here--there are 106 manga chapters out so far. 1 a month. Therefore, there will be 9 years worth of slow Higurashi (not to mention the final arcs, which will surely be at least meakashi-length, and the ones being drawn as we speak).
From the sound of it, they only plan to serialize it for a few months, until they start publishing the tankōbon--as a hook, in a sense. It's likely they will do the same with Haruhi later on; as they have the rights to that one as well.
billborden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 19:29   Link #885
GyroidFanatic

I'm pretty sure they're serializing it full time, at the same rate. When they get to the weekly chapters, they'll simply double/triple them up. Look at the book releases and they keep the same pace throughout different -hens.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:40   Link #886
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-ayu View Post
Can't wait to see how chapter 2 turns out with the famous USODA scene.

USE SODA! >_<; Apologies, I've been browsing YouTube too much lately.
I think c3's got the Uso da.

Ah, I love that vid. ;]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Delicious
On a side note--which artists of the manga did you find the best?
Personally, I liked Suzuragi's and Tonogai's a lot (especially the way Tonogai drew Rika-chama ). Houjou's seemed almost...too well drawn, and Kitou's sort of did too. Suzuki's seemed too experienced for Higurashi. I haven't seen Momoyama's yet, and I haven't gotten far in Yoigoshi-hen so I have almost no opinion on Mimori's. Kagesaki...after reading some Karin, I'd say her art is pretty good. Suzuragi'd have to be my favorite tho. That's just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyajitchi
Oh only bad thing really about it is no color pages for Higurashi... U-U
Ah, damn. I was really looking forward to seeing Rena's Uso da in color when it came out. ;w;

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic
The novels aren't licensed yet.
If anyone's willing to translate the novels, just let me know~ It prolly won't be easy, so I don't really expect anyone to do it. ;w;
HigurashiRika_04621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 21:17   Link #887
Benny1
Friendly Manga Editor

Send a message via AIM to Benny1 Send a message via MSN to Benny1
Hmm? I figured it would work like this.

Higurashi runs a chapter a month when it is Onikakushi-hen.

However, later chapters are shorter, so in order to keep up, they will just run two chapters. Unless they only plan to serialize a little like was stated, but I dunno.

Also, Karin Suzuragi is my mangaka hero, I absolutely love her art.
Benny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 23:06   Link #888
Nashtak

I downloaded the manga on this forum a few weeks ago and i noticed that some chapters are missing.

I was also wondering if it's normal if pretty much all the chapters end kind of quickly compared to the anime. For instance, onikakushi-hen finishes with Rena repeating ''I'm sorry'' over and over again in the rain. I thought that maybe it was the way the manga was; finishing the chapters with another story in Kei.

So in short, do you guys know a good place to download the manga.
Nashtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 23:19   Link #889
GyroidFanatic

The manga's licensed now. The volumes come out quarterly starting in November, and it is serialized in Yen+ in the mean time.
Old 2008-08-13, 01:08   Link #890
Nashtak

So that's why the mangas i downloaded are incompleted (because they are right?)?
Nashtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 21:39   Link #891
Falchion Oni
That one Touhou fanatic..

Well, the epilogue is the ending, the last one you read was chapter 6. Not sure for a link though
Falchion Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 19:50   Link #892
ayukanon45
Doujin Music Composer

Send a message via MSN to ayukanon45
the manga is more in deoth than the anime correct? and if it comes out quarterly, how long should it be to complete the manga series heere in the us
ayukanon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 06:35   Link #893
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayukanon45 View Post
the manga is more in deoth than the anime correct? and if it comes out quarterly, how long should it be to complete the manga series heere in the us
5+ years for the main series. More if they release the side-stories.
Old 2008-08-16, 07:19   Link #894
ayukanon45
Doujin Music Composer

Send a message via MSN to ayukanon45
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroidFanatic View Post
5+ years for the main series. More if they release the side-stories.
jesus christ, thats rediculus
ayukanon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-16, 11:23   Link #895
cereal_killerxx

Hmmm... So would I be correct in assuming that Watanagashi-hen hasn't been fully translated yet?

Edit: Nevermind, I just got the bad/good news. It is licensed and no one seems to be working on it

Edit2: Can anyone here translate japanese and provide me scripts? I would be interested in finishing the rest of the manga, seeing as I have skills in image editing programs such as photoshop.

LOOKING FOR TRANSLATORS!!!!

Last edited by cereal_killerxx; 2008-08-19 at 09:26.
cereal_killerxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 15:05   Link #896
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashiRika_04621 View Post
[CENTER][FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="1"]
I think c3's got the Uso da.

Ah, I love that vid. ;]
Ah, right you are. I missed that issue of GanGan Powered, which is where I first encountered Higurashi (I believe I got all the GGP issues with Onikakushi-hen except the one with the second chapter), so I misremembered (for some reason I wanted to type "dismembered"...) the scene as being in chapter 2.

(MyAnimeList banner on hiatus until I bother to update my MyAnimeList status again...)
Ayu-ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 11:48   Link #897
cereal_killerxx

Once again, would anyone be interested in helping me finish the manga? I will do all the editing, I just need someone who can translate. Would anyone be interested????
Old 2008-08-22, 11:52   Link #898
Kets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
Once again, would anyone be interested in helping me finish the manga? I will do all the editing, I just need someone who can translate. Would anyone be interested????
Isnt that kinda illegal?
Kets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 11:57   Link #899
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kets View Post
Isnt that kinda illegal?
Technically it was already illegal for us to be reading the manga before it was licensed anyway.
Besides, I planned on stopping if or when I get a C&D.
Old 2008-08-26, 13:11   Link #900
HigurashiRika_04621
The Sock Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
If you're starting a scans-group, I could tryand be a recruiter/raw provider.

I could also try and look for a translator (which is what recruiters do ). >>
HigurashiRika_04621 is offline   Reply With Quote