AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-01-09, 08:18   Link #201
martino
makes no files now

Oh right... must have something wrong/missing here then.
Old 2009-01-09, 18:51   Link #202
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
interesting. i thought the japanese locale was needed.
Old 2009-01-14, 21:40   Link #203
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess
I thought so too, however with a font supporting japanese characters I have no trouble. When running with locale as japanese, PD was unable to write files to harddisk. If I set it to en_US, it is able to write as well as display, and I have no idea why. This could just be on my debian server though, as on my desktop I still use ja_JP, although that has other problems.

E~
Emess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 05:24   Link #204
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

I had a file (4GB T.T) that finished downloading just a few minutes ago, and had the power went off while it was converting (to file), now when the computer started after that, the download was at 99% and wasn't downloading any longer, and when tried to convert it to file, it only had 3.88GB, what should I do now to fix this?, I don't want to download the file again T.T
andy_blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-29, 08:41   Link #205
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess
Right click it int he download tab, mark it for download, and it should resume.

E~
Old 2009-01-29, 09:13   Link #206
Starks
*Scanlator

Burning questions.

1. Has PD development stalled for good?

2. Are there any scripts or plugins that allow for triggers?
Old 2009-01-29, 09:24   Link #207
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emess View Post
Right click it int he download tab, mark it for download, and it should resume.

E~
Thank-you, it worked! ^_^

Does anybody know what's that "Partial Download" does and what are those counts?
Old 2009-01-29, 16:04   Link #208
neothe0ne

Uh I'm having a download code error 2 now as well, but I'm using Windows and I've never had such a problem before.

file さよなら絶望先生 特装版4(iso+mds+rr3%).rar アニメ DVDISO 071226 連絡は私のボードまで @YCN=Mrq5TkWbKTH5S+JMg+S6cNeX0-1 5,449,395,917 cfe29fab2b7fa77a79090e6027a9490151b163c6892802144d 43405dde8cb852

I've downloaded lots of files dvd images before, all with Japanese characters, and even files with the percent sign as well. Why would this one file not working out?
Old 2009-02-02, 00:10   Link #209
Emess
Slower Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by neothe0ne View Post
Uh I'm having a download code error 2 now as well, but I'm using Windows and I've never had such a problem before.

file さよなら絶望先生 特装版4(iso+mds+rr3%).rar アニメ DVDISO 071226 連絡は私のボードまで @YCN=Mrq5TkWbKTH5S+JMg+S6cNeX0-1 5,449,395,917 cfe29fab2b7fa77a79090e6027a9490151b163c6892802144d 43405dde8cb852

I've downloaded lots of files dvd images before, all with Japanese characters, and even files with the percent sign as well. Why would this one file not working out?
I only had this happen in linux and after moving my linux unity to windows. It seems to be caused by PD not being able to write to disk. Either hardspace, character encoding, or permissions are the most likely culprits. I still haven't found a proper fix for it yet though. Check your space/permissions/encoding and see if that changes anything. PD needs a 'download as' function to give it a different name, but that defeats the purpose of P2P really.

E~
Old 2009-02-02, 02:09   Link #210
Starks
*Scanlator

I tend to get similar errors on Share. If you run Share on a virtual machine, the cache must be on a fat32 or ntfs partition, not ext2/ext3/ext4.
Old 2009-02-04, 22:24   Link #211
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
noobish question, but how long till I actually get to start downloading files? It's been up for almost two days just downloading to the unity... but then the unity size hasn't changed yet and it's still downloading.

Just wanting to make sure if I did anything wrong. Thanks!
Old 2009-02-07, 06:51   Link #212
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

I moved some files out of the unity folder (to check if they are the unity cache of one of my downloads, so I would know if I can delete them) and found out that one of them was of one download, and that download entry was at 0% (as expected). I placed them back and the download entry was still at 0%, is there any way to fix this? (I still have the unity cache file)

Next time when I do the moving operation, what should I do to avoid this?
Old 2009-02-07, 07:13   Link #213
Scab
Saizen
*Fansubber

You shouldn't mess with the unity folder at all.
Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 07:15   Link #214
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

I have to, I have a small HDD.
Old 2009-02-07, 23:59   Link #215
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_blah View Post
I have to, I have a small HDD.
In that case you STILL shouldn't mess with it. The proper way to delete things from your unity folder is to change the settings for the unity size in you options. If you run out of space, set the max unity size smaller and it will automatically delete the oldest things from the folder for you.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-08, 05:06   Link #216
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

I will try that next time when I will have to do this, thank-you for the suggestion.
Old 2009-02-08, 06:27   Link #217
andy_blah
~Buri Buri!~
*Fansubber

Just found a way you can safely test if those cache files to see if they are of your downloads, or just some random files downloaded by PD, firstly this is what you need to do:

First, back-up all the files in the unity folder that are less than 10MB (just to be sure), after that, back-up the PD folder (if you have the unity folder in a sub-folder, don't archive it with the rest of the PD folder!), and move the unity file that you suspect that isn't one of your downloads.

Hope it helps
Old 2009-02-11, 14:22   Link #218
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
I'm going to repeat this for the third time.
Don't mess with the unity folder.

No buts. No excuses. If you have too small of a harddrive, you're not qualified to use PD. It's that simple. PD was created with assumption that people now have bigger harddrives. "I can't afford another HD now." is not a valid excuse here. Software minimum requirements specifies minimum of 40GB of free space for unity.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 16:12   Link #219
neothe0ne

How does the unity auto-deletion work? I'm convinced part of my download of a 5gb DVDISO is corrupted so I can't convert the 100% download into a working file (error 2).

Also, is there any significant advantage to having a larger unity? I've increased mine to 75gb but filled it much quicker than anticipated.
Old 2009-02-11, 16:39   Link #220
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neothe0ne View Post
How does the unity auto-deletion work? I'm convinced part of my download of a 5gb DVDISO is corrupted so I can't convert the 100% download into a working file (error 2).

Also, is there any significant advantage to having a larger unity? I've increased mine to 75gb but filled it much quicker than anticipated.
Above a certain size (20 GB, I think) there isn't too much benefit to having a larger unity file.

The only exception is if you are trying to download files all at once that total a larger size than your max unity size, in which case you have to either download them one by one or increase the size (yes, I did download more than 20 GB of files at once one time...)

The other benefit is that with a larger unity you are a better "source" for other clients to connect to to download from. So for example say you're interested in "touhou doujinshi" and you have 80 GB of it in your unity file, you're pretty much going to have a very easy time finding and downloading anything having to do with touhou doujinshi. But your upload speed is really more of a bottleneck than anything else. Also if your unity folder is filled with things that are autodownloaded then you have no idea what kind of stuff you might benefit from having a large unity folder of.
So basically what I'm saying is the only reason to have a unity folder larger than 20-30 GB is if you are actually downloading more than 20-30 GB of one particular type of thing. Otherwise the extra space gets filled with random junk that won't increase your download or search speeds.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p2p, perfect dark