AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-14, 23:08   Link #901
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

It's easy to see that this series can easily be summed up with just one word...."guns".

Anyway, gave the first episode a watch and...I really don't know what to say about it. High school kids using firearms and stereotypical female archetypes. How many series have we had like this so far?

Ah well, it's not bad though, did a good job at introducing the characters, their relationships and abilities, what the Butei are, and that there's a antagonistic force that's hunting them.~

I do like the main character, especially how awesome he is in his "Hysteria Mode". Seems kind of odd that lust would bring out such a chivalrous personality though, but I'll take it.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-04-15 at 00:18.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 23:27   Link #902
D-Gold
Aurum

I have been waiting for weeks for this to air.
I was expecting to see a certain fanservice scene this episode but it seems like I will have to wait a week.

Is it confirmed how many episodes Hidan no Aria will have?
Old 2011-04-14, 23:29   Link #903
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep1:
Old 2011-04-14, 23:32   Link #904
Crackabad

I rele liked this opening episode, followed novel pretty well.
looking forward to more Kinji Aria moments hahahaha

and i hope i wasnt the only one who rele liked that ED
Old 2011-04-14, 23:49   Link #905
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 00:07   Link #906
KLGChaos
The Shermain

First episode was very faithful to the LN, so I quite enjoyed it.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-15, 00:08   Link #907
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
I agree with ALL of this. However...

...I still liked it for some STRANGE reason. I don't know why. It was kind of how I felt about Dragon Crisis! I knew I was watching something horrible, but I liked it anyway. (Except, this show is reeeeeeally good in comparison to the trainwreck that was Dragon Crisis!, tho.) Maybe I'm subconsciously lowering my standards? Gasp! I surely hope not...

I like the OP more than I thought. The ED didn't particularly impress me, but the visuals are nice. I think I'll give the show 2-3 more episodes.

Oh, and Shirayuki pisses me off. I don't know why. Her type of character annoys me. I kept rolling my eyes whenever she said ANYTHING. However, I LOVE her bra, lmao. It reminds me a lot of my most favorite bra that I left at home, unfortunately. >< Black lace bras really are the best. <3

Last edited by Kismet-chan; 2011-04-15 at 00:35.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 00:14   Link #908
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2011-04-15, 00:14   Link #909
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

A Zwei and Ein pair up again.

Loved the first ep. Aria's acrobatic , gun and katana skills and Kinji in Hysteria Mode.

So does this mean we'll see an Aria-tan in an Index-tan short?
Old 2011-04-15, 00:25   Link #910
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So does this mean we'll see an Aria-tan in an Index-tan short?
The set up certainly is there. But for a 1 cour series I don't think they would.

I know people are more interested in the guns, but I was more impress at Kinji's choice of knife A Balisong is just oozing with badassery...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 00:29   Link #911
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I agree with ALL of this. However...

...I still liked it for some STRANGE reason. I don't know why. It was kind of how I felt about Dragon Crisis! I knew I was watching something horrible, but I liked it anyway. Maybe I'm subconsciously lower my standards? Gasp! I surely hope not...

I like the OP more than I thought. The ED didn't particularly impress me, but the visuals are nice. I think I'll give the show 2-3 more episodes.

Oh, and Shirayuki pisses me off. I don't know why. Her type of character annoys me. I kept rolling my eyes whenever she said ANYTHING. However, I LOVE her bra, lmao. It reminds me a lot of my most favorite bra that I left at home, unfortunately. >< Black lace bras really are the best. <3
Haha that's kinda how I feel. I actually liked it, but I don't want to say so for some reason. I'll tune in next week and see how it goes.

In any case, the moment she said "heres your belt" I started laughing. There's no way that couldn't have ended in mass misunderstanding.

edit: I didn't like shirayuki either, probably because she seems incredibly out of place for the setting. Maybe that would change though.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 00:31   Link #912
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post

edit: I didn't like shirayuki either, probably because she seems incredibly out of place for the setting. Maybe that would change though.
I didn't like her either. I thought she was too manipulative.
Old 2011-04-15, 00:34   Link #913
ZeKeR
Superbad

and its concealable too. for a standard civilian, carrying that is probably against the law in some countries and states since its a deadly weapon. its that or he'll carry a military standard combat knife (i dunno why, but letting Kinji use a military knife just cramps his style)

LULZ MODE ON
im also amazed at Kinji's double tapping with his 92F against those UZIs.

some of the gun lovers here (*ehem* like yours truly) who have cash will probably have a replica of Aria's twin M1911's (i get the feeling that the author copied Dante's Ebony and Ivory) made by a gunsmith.

@Orion: you will probably find out soon... just how jaw dropping she can be... praying if they reach that far.
Old 2011-04-15, 00:42   Link #914
winkel

Great, yet another Kugyuu loli tsundere show.

Spoiler:
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 01:05   Link #915
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Shirayuki's a YANDERE? Srsly?

She hides it well....in the anime at least. I actually found it kinda cute the way she cries easily. We'll see if that changes...

Quote:
Black lace bras really are the best. <3
Rofl, I've got one too...even though I'm much closer to Aria-chan's size. LOLIS MAKE ME FEEL BETTER ABOUT MYSELF XD

Watched the sub. Still like a lot. Kinji's SO talkative; his narration and epic face palms remind me a certain snarky someone from a certain anime that has a certain yellow-ribboned, self-centered goddess....
Old 2011-04-15, 01:15   Link #916
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

She hides it well....in the anime at least. I actually found it kinda cute the way she cries easily. We'll see if that changes...
You don't know many yanderes then, a very common trait for yanderes is that they are excellent homemakers. She really doesn't hide it that well, she was obsessing over Kinji's every action.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 01:16   Link #917
jedinat

First episode is so ugly and boring I stopped watching partway through... I couldn't even skim the rest... it just screams "bland" and "stupid." And the little chase scene before the OP? Possibly the worst "hook" segment I have ever witnessed.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 01:16   Link #918
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

She hides it well....in the anime at least. I actually found her kinda cute the way she cries easily. We'll see if that changes...
I wouldn't say it's obvious she is one, but if you've seen yandere characters before when they're not acting psycho, they're usually incredibly sweet with, obsessive towards, and desire to do anything and everything for the guy they like.

That's exactly how Shirayuki's acting, so I personally predicted that if she wasn't a yandere then she'd at least be incredibly possessive of him.
Old 2011-04-15, 01:33   Link #919
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I "picked" this up because of the discussions of this series on this thread and in 4chan (but actually, it's more of a "I wanna judge this series based on the OP theme") and well, things aren't going well for me.

The plot is predictable, especially since I have encountered both Shakugan no Shana (girl protag helps male protag in an unusual way) and Toaru Majutsu no Index (male protag is chased by someone who is after his life).

The fact that the titles and how Aria H. looks like doesn't help me in distinguishing the two.
灼眼のシャナ
被弾のアリア
Call me a nitpicker, but this is one of the first things I have noticed in the series: a title composed of two kanji, one hiragana character and three katakana characters... same as Shakugan no Shana. Also, the title of both series is stylized similarly.

Anyway, since I have watched the first episode, let's see how Hidan no Aria plays with its one-cour schedule.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 01:34   Link #920
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
So let me get this straight. If Kinji gets aroused enough, he will enter hysteria mode?

Looks like we can expect a lot of fanservice in key situations when he is required.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere