AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-14, 08:31   Link #681
endarion88

i'm scared that even this will turn ntr now..i really hope not
Old 2012-02-14, 08:52   Link #682
havensgate
skull one

so hodr really loves sigyn, and sigyn to some extent also love hodr, and after this i guess they will sleep in the same bedroom. That's the end for you lygatt, better find another chick that really love you and not another man wife.
and from my POV this is a NTR, damn.
it'll be more interesting if in the next chapter lygatt standing in the hallway when hodrxsigyn event happen, lygatt often have drinking with hodr until late night, lygatt know where t find hodr, and lygatt ordered by navi to go home. That'll mark the end of this love triangle

Last edited by havensgate; 2012-02-14 at 09:06.
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 09:38   Link #683
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

This manga makes me depressed. The ordinary citizens complain a lot and seem to love peace not knowing that without their army, their kingdom will be conquered, and their conquerer will make them slaves. This isn't a modern world where slavery is prohibited! Even my home land, Thailand, had slavery until 200 years ago. People seem to not think about what would happen in the future if they're conquered by another country, another race, with another politics.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 09:44   Link #684
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Hmmm. There is something floating in my mind in the last few pages of this chapter.

First of all, if Sigyn didn't asked whether the divorce paper is still valid or not, the scene where Hodr hugged her wouldn't lead to that.

Second, what if she's curious that Hodr likes her and she did that to confirm it? But I still doesn't make any sense to me

and last, maybe she start liking him or some sort. Her actions in this chapter really bugs me.

As for Rygart, he still have Narvi. So, that's fine if Sigyn really loved Hodr
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 09:56   Link #685
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Chapter 55

Finally a new chapter god this waiting is awful.

So it looks like Rygart is taking the typical path of someone with PTSD. To everyone else he is cheerful and lending a helpful hand yet a bit reckless like any youth would be like. But under the surface he is struggling and hurting and not only that hes angry. So he has turned to drinking to try to ease the pain just looking at the blank look in his eyes, and he is still having a losing a war against that Owl lol.

Narvi seems to be the only one that has really noticed. Several of her words pointed out the fact that she is aware of Rygarts growing problem "You are going out drinking again" "you are being reckless". She is also aware that the regular populace who have lost so much will always need a scapegoat and given that Rygart is a hero he is a natural target. What i haven't figured out is if Narvi happened to be passing by when Rygard was about to beat those 2 douche bags into the ground (which i feel they deserved to me that was cowardly BS they were spewing) or was she taking him up on his offer to have a drink after work. Either way she saved Rygart from making a huge mistake, I feel Narvi will be very influential in the future to Rygarts well being im hoping she plays a bigger role.

I had no idea that Sigyn actually knew about the order to execute all of the Royal Family order from Athens. However, how she was asking if the divorce is still valid even after the battle had been won is curious. Either way Sigyn signed it and presented it back to him we all know she loves Rygart and has since their days at the Academy. But we still don't know why she married Hodr but its obvious to me that Hodr does love Sigyn but does she hold that same kind of love for him? This has the potential to turn into something ugly and even though Rygart has been a trooper keeping his feelings for Sigyn under wraps in his current condition anymore upsetting news could push him to the brink, hes starting to become very much like that person who sacrificed himself to save Rygart and Rygart still can not let it go his guilt is eating him alive.

I feel that the final 2 pages where Hodr tears up the divorce papers and spears Sigyn to the ground is not real. The way the pages were dark, somewhat blurry and discolored makes me feel like that scene was in Hodr's head and what he wanted to do. I think we will see something completely different in the next chapter. But if im wrong oh man the shit will hit the fan. Imagine if Rygart drunk and upset wants to talk to his friend Hodr only to walk in on him and Sigyn banging it out on the palace floor.

So the question is does Sigyn love Hodr or Rygart more if she loves Hodr at all, Before any of this happen they never even seemed like a couple never affectionet towards one another and not even sleeping in the same room something is very very amiss and the question that still has no answer is why did she marry Hodr.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2012-02-14 at 10:06.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 09:56   Link #686
NoLongerSane

Just finished reading the scans for 55. It looks like the relationship with Hodr/Sigym might be explored a bit in the upcoming chapters, though now this is probably going to turn into a love triangle between the three friends. Kudos to the mangaka for having Narvi having the cooler head. Her character has matured since the death of General Tool. I felt sad for Rygart and the two men for having to sit there and listen to those discouraging words from two civilians who where talking drunk. As I said before, it was a good thing that Narvi was there to stop Rygart from doing something very stupid.
Old 2012-02-14, 10:24   Link #687
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Like the person above said, I can see Rygart coming back, seeing them, that adding to his already terrible state of mind pushes him further to the edge - then as he walks away maybe Sigyn pushes Hodr off. But too late, Rygart has already left the building.

I wouldn't mind seeing Rygart go rogue a little bit, I like the angry version.

Edit: Actually after re-reading it, when the pages do go dark I can kinda see how the guy above thinks it might be in Hodr's mind. Authors way of giving us a little cliffhanger before next chapter, we see him sign it..Who knows. When do the chapters usually get released?
Old 2012-02-14, 10:39   Link #688
kenjtr

In the end hodr and sigyn didnt share the same bed because they both felt they bethrayed lygatto but when lygatto killed the genaral he became a ruthless killer so they dont feel guilty abaut their feelings anymore , in the first place even if its a political wedding sigyn should have been refuse hodyr if she didnt wanted . Hodr also used lygatto to save the country and what did lygatto get ? nothing .

Thats why i hate heroes cause in the end kings get what they want and heroes just becomes assasins like lygatto , thats the reality of the fairy tales and even if lygatto wanted to marry her in the past i dont think she would be able live as a farmers wife .

That just pisses me off even people of the country hates lygatto now in the end nothing changes they hated him in the first place cause he wasnt able to magic , lygatto saved people who hated him and who bethrayed even so they still cheat him bethray him(king and sigyn) , and hate him . Its not like they didnt know lygatto will kill people when they made him a golem pilot but when they see it with their eyes they detested him , its like they werent the one who made him golem plot in the first place .

Can anyone tell me what will lygatto do now ? be a golem pilot and kill for all his life while king making out with sigyn the women he loves . isnt that too sad for him ?
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 10:49   Link #689
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

I don't think they didn't share the same bed because of him...they didn't share the same bed since before chapter 1 unless I read it wrong.

I think the main thing behind it was that there was an order to kill the ruling family if the opportunity presented itself, so Hodr made it seem like they had a falling out/didn't care for each other...but then Rygart showed up back in the picture. Hodr knows she likes him and vice-versa...what he's doing now who knows, next chap will clear it up.

I'm still wondering about those dark images in the last few pages, like above - could be in Hodr's mind that it's happening and he's thinking "this is what I should do."
Old 2012-02-14, 10:57   Link #690
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
i'm scared that even this will turn ntr now..i really hope not
I haven't read the chapter yet, only the spoilers but...

Statements like this really bug me. I understand that people dislike NTR, but you HAVE to have realized that it went "ntr" the minute Sigyn saw Rygart again. He may not be the MC, but Hodr IS married to the woman. I like her as much as the next guy, but Rygart's trying not to steal another man's wife here.

Makes me wonder. If she had a kid (with Hodr), would people be rooting for Rygart x Sigyn as much?
Old 2012-02-14, 11:00   Link #691
kenjtr

Cant you guys see how lygatto( rygart ) was bethrayed and used by both sigyn and hodr , they used his love to save the country and when they saved themselves everyone forgot rygart . I think rygart should just storm in that room and blow both of their heads .
Old 2012-02-14, 11:04   Link #692
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
Cant you guys see how lygatto( rygart ) was bethrayed and used by both sigyn and hodr , they used his love to save the country and when they saved themselves everyone forgot rygart . I think rygart should just storm in that room and blow both of their heads .
I don't think they knew that he would be able to pilot the golem let alone become the bad ass he is..

And I think when Sigyn brought Hodr the divorce papers, she wanted to confirm that either; yes, Hodr was okay with the divorce or that no, he only did it so she wouldn't be executed if they lost the war...from the last pages it looks like he only did it out of "love".

But I doubt Rygart would blow their heads off, the guy is closed off as is. He'd just bury his anger deeper. IMO he should go dark side and start his own Mercenary company called the Band of the Hawk.
Old 2012-02-14, 11:14   Link #693
kenjtr

I also think rygart is better of with protecting that rotten kingdom , hodr really good manipulated rygart by using sigyns love for him . Its also weird that hodr and sigyn didnt sleep together at all cause last scene shows its like they decited to decive rygart and even if they didnt in the end result is same .

No one can say rygart wasnt manipulated since sigyns life would be saved if she had divorced but hodr didnt said that to her and now he looks like a good guy who sacrifeced himself for the women he loves . I dont think rygart would have fought just for hodr so no one can say hodr is noble here and whats noble abaut marrying the girl your best friend loves ? just how much pain does hodr wants to inflict rygart ?

Last edited by kenjtr; 2012-02-14 at 11:25.
Old 2012-02-14, 11:18   Link #694
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Well then...here's hoping it was all in Hodr's mind. Been to a few forums, some people seem to think the dark pages mean it's him "thinking" rather then actually doing that.

Maybe we'll see next chapter him about to actually tear up the letter, then the owl flies in and he remembers his boy Rygart and all the sacrifices he has made and he'll need him to fight for his kingdom in the future.
Old 2012-02-14, 11:42   Link #695
havensgate
skull one

from my impression sigyn does'nt want to get divorce from hodr, what's the point in asking those question, and the face that she make when asking that question really mean something. maybe we just missinterpret sigyn action all this time as affection while its actually friendship, she is mad scientist, she does'nt know common sense, and lygatt is her only friend, that can explain her action.

man, i really wish that im wrong
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 12:05   Link #696
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Whoa those guys were assholes. If it wasn't for their soldiers sacrifice, they would have become slaves working in the mines. It was good thing Narvi stop Rygart.

And as for the whole Hodr Sigyn thing, i'm not gonna judge until the next chapter.

@kenjtr
Whoa, clam down. Don't over speculate stuff until we know more.
Old 2012-02-14, 12:16   Link #697
Velsy

Ah I see I am not the only one distressed over this...

I've always thought of the Sigwyn/Lygatto pair as one of the highlights of this manga. The feelings that are still struggling to raech each other. But this last chapter has me in such confusion and stress. Has Sigwyn been playing us all along with false affection towards Lygatto. I fear that I am right :/, the only saving grace I can forsee, is for the new chapter to have Sigwyn push the unwilling to let go Hodr off. but some reason I dont have much confidence ><

As for Lygatto, I hate the way he is now, but I understand the why he is like this. I got the feeling he's past the point of saving himself, he needs someone really close to help save him, Sigwyn doesnt have the personality to be that person, he really doesnt have any other close friends apart from Hodr and Zess. His closest friend hes made in the military is dead (part of the reasons hes suffering). I think its going to have to be either General Bard, or his brother who can help him get back in line. They are the only close candiates I can think of. Its painful to see Lygatto suffering as he is now. Now if Sigwyn and Hodr raelly have been decietful, then its going to get much worse :/ . He fought this war for them, only them.

I actually fear the next chapter :/
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 12:16   Link #698
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Statements like this really bug me. I understand that people dislike NTR, but you HAVE to have realized that it went "ntr" the minute Sigyn saw Rygart again. He may not be the MC, but Hodr IS married to the woman. I like her as much as the next guy, but Rygart's trying not to steal another man's wife here.

Makes me wonder. If she had a kid (with Hodr), would people be rooting for Rygart x Sigyn as much?
I have a different view in this NTR. First, I want to know if she has feelings for Hodr. This chapter show that she might love him. Then, if she does then I can say that Hodr got ntr'd here.

I would like to give myself an example. First of all they don't have a child that really makes me root for them but if they had then I will not root for them. Second, their marriage was political. Third, they both sleeping in a different room. Which really makes me think it is all political or maybe there is a one-sided love(Hord). Fourth, Sigyn and Rygart both loved each other. Well, it might change now if she does loved him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Well then...here's hoping it was all in Hodr's mind. Been to a few forums, some people seem to think the dark pages mean it's him "thinking" rather then actually doing that.
That's what I'm really hoping for the next chapter that everything was just in his mind but if not then.....
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 12:37   Link #699
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

I'm just hoping that either General Baldr or Narvi can talk sense to Rygatt. Sigyn? I don't know... the current chapter kinda strikes me off the edge.
Old 2012-02-14, 12:42   Link #700
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
I don't think they didn't share the same bed because of him...they didn't share the same bed since before chapter 1 unless I read it wrong.

I think the main thing behind it was that there was an order to kill the ruling family if the opportunity presented itself, so Hodr made it seem like they had a falling out/didn't care for each other...but then Rygart showed up back in the picture. Hodr knows she likes him and vice-versa...what he's doing now who knows, next chap will clear it up.

I'm still wondering about those dark images in the last few pages, like above - could be in Hodr's mind that it's happening and he's thinking "this is what I should do."
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post

Im not sure how you came to these conclusions unless you have some inside information to prove your point.

Hodr Rygart and Sigyn have been friends for years so its not unsual for him to want to see his friend. Yes Hodr is the king but he didnt even want the throne.

Im not sure how Rygart was used when no one even knew Rygart would be able to use the ancient armor. On top of that Rygart made the decision himself to fight as a solider. He made the decision because Athens demanded the death of the Royal Family in exchange for peace. Rygart didnt want to fight but when he heard that he wanted to protect 2 of his oldest friends, his brother and his country. As a matter of fact numerous people tried to talk Rygart out of fighting because of the horrors of war.

Quote:
hey used his love to save the country and when they saved themselves everyone forgot rygart . I think rygart should just storm in that room and blow both of their heads
This is completely false and makes me wonder if you are paying attention. Rygart is a freaking national hero and was bestowed the rank of "Knight" after his deeds in battle. Everyone in Krisnia knows his name now. How can you say hes been forgotten. Hodr and Sigyn did not save themselves Hodr refused to evacuate to a safe location during the attack on the royal city and Sigyn stayed as well. So calm down man and think rationally a lot of things you stated were untrue and were already proven in the manga.

No one knows why Hodr and Sigyn have not shared the same bed. But it has been going on every since they were married. The talk around the palace is they have never been close. We dont know why that is but she is Hodr's wife regardless and both Rygart and he have acted admirably. We do not know why their marriage is the way it is nor do we know the circumstances regarding their marriage.

Before this no one had time to deal with their feeling their very survival was at stake and there is still plenty to do at the moment with the rebuilding effort. I will say this for sure though. Rygart will not and would not forceful take Sigyn from Hodr he loves the guy too much like a brother. If there is anything i can see from reading this manga and from Rygarts behavior he is loyal to his friends and is willing to face death to protect them that kind of person does not steal other mens wives. Hodr im sure knows of the affections between the two but he does not have the luxury to be so open he is a king and his duty is first to the kingdom not his own feelings nor his own heart.

Im starting to think that Hodr had to marry by a certain time or be forced to take a wife in some kind of arranged marriage. So monarchies has a condition that the ruler must marry by a certain time or lose the throne or be wed to a person not of their choosing. I have a feeling they were married up some type of pretense and Sigyn agreed because Rygart left and she wanted to help her friend but unknown to her Hodr really did love her. But it seems to me that with Sigyn asking the questions she did before handing over the divorce papers that she knows Hodr loves her but that is not the question we need to be asking. Its how much or if Sigyn love Hodr. The mystery behind their marriage will probably shine new light on it whenever the author divulges it.

Tags
action, adventure, mecha, science fiction, shounen