AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-23, 22:52   Link #21
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Since they're using the term "backwards compatibility" I'm wondering if this is an entirely new handheld console. If it has games specificlly made for it then I guess I'll have to dish out whatever they're selling it for.

I think this is a good representation of how the 3D could work for it, it's not really pop-out 3D but some sort of head tracking system which simulates a large increase in depth from all angles:

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2010-03-24 at 01:08.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 00:40   Link #22
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Finally the next DS!
Definitely looking forward to how it turns out. You think it won't work --> Revolutionary sellers, is Nintendo, so I'm not even going to try and predict the results with my feeble mind. (Because it won't work)

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33t_n00b View Post
lol at DS having bad third party support :P
It has good enough for me though. Luminous Arc, Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey, so on.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 00:50   Link #23
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Since they're using the term "backwards compatibility" I'm wodering if this is an entirely new handheld console. If it has games specficlly made for it then I guess I'll have to dish out whatever they're selling it for.

I think this is a good representation of how the 3D could work for it, it's not really pop-out 3D but some sort of head tracking system which simulates a large increase in depth from all angles:

[youtube]an embedded clip[youtube]
I guess that makes more sense. If it's some overlay that'd be tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta
It has good enough for me though. Luminous Arc, Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey, so on.
Yeah, the DS has some rather nice 3rd party support. In fact, I don't think the DS would have been where it is now if it weren't for them (lol Ubisoft)

Speaking of which, has anyone seen any artist's impressions or photoshop's or what the 3DS would look like? Surely by now someone would have made a joke picture
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 01:56   Link #24
joanaugusts
Banned

I am pretty sure that Nintendo 3DS is a temporary concept name. Much like how the Nintendo DS was at one time was referred to to Nitro or the Gamecube was the Dolphin… or Wii was the Revolution.Also it’s been pretty clear that they’ve said this is the successor to the Nintendo DS. Meaning that it’s a system with a lot more power, and as reports are saying currently is supposed to be on par with the GCN.
joanaugusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 02:26   Link #25
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanaugusts View Post
I am pretty sure that Nintendo 3DS is a temporary concept name. Much like how the Nintendo DS was at one time was referred to to Nitro or the Gamecube was the Dolphin… or Wii was the Revolution.Also it’s been pretty clear that they’ve said this is the successor to the Nintendo DS. Meaning that it’s a system with a lot more power, and as reports are saying currently is supposed to be on par with the GCN.
"temp".

You can read the .pdf file I posted in post #2 of this thread (if the link isn't dead.)

BTW "DS" was also not a final name in it's first incarnation IIRC.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 03:39   Link #26
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Since they're using the term "backwards compatibility" I'm wondering if this is an entirely new handheld console. If it has games specificlly made for it then I guess I'll have to dish out whatever they're selling it for.

Oh you mean like all the games already out there with a free moving camera.

It's going to be 3D pop-out.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 10:10   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well interesting news. Nintendo certainly can put out new handhelds fairly often. Of course took me forever to get around to getting a DS in the first place. So will probably just wait and see how this turns out.
Old 2010-03-24, 10:57   Link #28
l33t_n00b

This is a true new hand-held though not a facelift. And yea I'm definitely gonna wait for the second version. The second versions always tend to be the best (GBA SP, Lite)
l33t_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 11:51   Link #29
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Sony responds :

http://kotaku.com/5500778/sony-think...d-is-a-stretch

"Eight and nine year-olds playing 3D is a little bit of a stretch given where some of our research is right now."

I don't think so ... On the contrary , Kid will play it .

Also , 3DS will be playable in E3 .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 12:01   Link #30
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I have just brought the Nintendo DSi last summer and now they are releasing the 3DS?

I don't see anything compelling about the 3DS, except the 3D capabilities without needing special glasses. I will probably pass until my DSi breaks (hope not) or there is a game that is a must have on the 3DS.
Old 2010-03-24, 12:04   Link #31
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I'm not enthusiasm about the 3DS , just wait more info on what it'll be worth to buy .
Old 2010-03-24, 12:59   Link #32
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Knowing Nintendo they will bully you into buying the 3DS by making better games only on the 3DS and continue to print moneyz until they finally take over the world.

Nintendo is the video game version of disney

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 13:14   Link #33
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Sony responds :

http://kotaku.com/5500778/sony-think...d-is-a-stretch

"Eight and nine year-olds playing 3D is a little bit of a stretch given where some of our research is right now."

I don't think so ... On the contrary , Kid will play it .

Also , 3DS will be playable in E3 .
Keh, as if Mr. PS3 (failure of the current generation) Sony's words are more convincing than Nintendo's.
Actually, isn't this deja vu...? I swear I remember them making fun of the Wii several years ago...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 13:30   Link #34
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Knowing Nintendo they will bully you into buying the 3DS by making better games only on the 3DS and continue to print moneyz until they finally take over the world.

Nintendo is the video game version of disney
Since the 3DS is the next system, I'm pretty sure that's obviously the case. Why would they continue to support an older system? No gaming company does that (not counting the ever so rare PS2 release).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 14:35   Link #35
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Since the 3DS is the next system, I'm pretty sure that's obviously the case. Why would they continue to support an older system? No gaming company does that (not counting the ever so rare PS2 release).
I thought it was just like the DSi to the DS just another upgrade but if it is the next system then of course they are going to do that, but I fear for the next generation of games if they all have all this interactive stuff because I will look crazy on the bus playing games like this where you need to interact rather than press buttons.

Old 2010-03-24, 16:03   Link #36
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The 3DS probably won't release until the 1st quarter of next year.

Anyway, I'm waiting to see the first line up of games. I'm willing to bet that Capcom among many big name companies have already started productions.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 17:35   Link #37
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I thought it was just like the DSi to the DS just another upgrade but if it is the next system then of course they are going to do that, but I fear for the next generation of games if they all have all this interactive stuff because I will look crazy on the bus playing games like this where you need to interact rather than press buttons.
What interaction is this forcing you to do? It has 3D capabilities, at any angle. There's nothing about singing or dancing with it involved, or anything of that nature.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 17:59   Link #38
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
What interaction is this forcing you to do? It has 3D capabilities, at any angle. There's nothing about singing or dancing with it involved, or anything of that nature.
This is Nintendo...it will happen! Like look at that thing where you have to tilt it to see different perspectives, I'm just saying that most of the next generation things are trying to force motion sensors and I personally don't really like it.

But Im hoping this will be good, a part of me still has hope for nintendo and the other part hopes they will all burn in a fire.

Old 2010-03-24, 18:03   Link #39
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol :

http://kotaku.com/5501371/portable-3...ttage-industry

Rofl the Pic "It prints money" , it say it .
Old 2010-03-24, 18:23   Link #40
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
I have just brought the Nintendo DSi last summer and now they are releasing the 3DS?

I don't see anything compelling about the 3DS, except the 3D capabilities without needing special glasses. I will probably pass until my DSi breaks (hope not) or there is a game that is a must have on the 3DS.
Beside the 3D, the old DS is reaching its limits on what it could do. My Dragon Quest 4 DS game slows to a crawl when I went to a game town that had 13 human characters onscreen at once. This is because the game is a Playstation port. One of the markets for the handheld is the porting of old console games, and they have ran out of SNES games to port from. If they want to port Playstation and Game Cube games, a hardware upgrade is necessary.

The original DS came out 6 years ago. It's time to update. The 3D is just a bonus, and I hope it isn't a mandatory requirement for 3rd party developers.

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds