AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-10-18, 06:46   Link #361
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
It's already October 18th on where I live (and on Japan), so...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear
~~ Kobato-chwaan
~~ Ko~ba~to
~~ Kodaka no imouto
~~ Kobato-san
~~ Imoutogimi
Happy birthday to you!!

Yeah happy B-Day Sister of Darkness
Old 2011-10-24, 15:34   Link #362
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

after reading everything in baka-tsuki, i wonder why the quite steady pace it had stopped, or at least if soeone know if someone is continuing with the translation.
Old 2011-10-24, 20:55   Link #363
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
after reading everything in baka-tsuki, i wonder why the quite steady pace it had stopped, or at least if soeone know if someone is continuing with the translation.
what are you talking about? it has very regular updates.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 21:59   Link #364
Shadow5YA

Yozora had her hair cut short? When did that happen?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 23:43   Link #365
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Between vol3 and vol4 after the artificial fire-lights thing, her hair burned down a bit and then she cut it all, you know, for PLOT.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 23:52   Link #366
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Maria is busy with her work. She celebrates personally with kate, kodaka and kobato at kodaka's house after that party.
Figured it from the artwork on that chapter. Was the bag Maria birthday gift for Kobato?
Spoiler for :

Quote:
Not super fast, sure. But it is steady. At least every month or so they update a new chapter, sometime faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
At the end of volume 3 of the light novel if I'm not mistaken.

I'm still waiting for the "Univeeerse" on the anime XD
And hoping there will be OVA or net episodes of the amusement park chapters. I'm dying to hear the girls scream riding the roller coaster, especially Rika
Old 2011-10-25, 07:00   Link #367
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Between vol3 and vol4 after the artificial fire-lights thing, her hair burned down a bit and then she cut it all, you know, for PLOT.
Yeah and her looks still sucks ass comapred to how she was before it. At least lately it is slightly longer so that she doesnt look as much as a guy anymore, but its still worse compared to the model look she had earlier.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 17:59   Link #368
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
what are you talking about? it has very regular updates.
well yeah but last month didnt had an update, while it had a chapter every 2 weeks or so, and i dont wanna bitch about this, i was just wondering if anyone knew anything, afterall i used to do some translations (english-spanish) and even if no that hard(japanese-english), i know how time consuming translating can be.

Quote:
Yeah and her looks still sucks ass comapred to how she was before it. At least lately it is slightly longer so that she doesnt look as much as a guy anymore, but its still worse compared to the model look she had earlier.
i dont know, i actually find her cuter this way.
Old 2011-10-25, 18:01   Link #369
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
I will always take beautiful and hot over cute. And thats what she was before the change. Now she is only cute, if you find guy-looking girls cute that is.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 19:11   Link #370
potchip

Same face short hair apparently = guy-lookalike? I see...the curse of anime generalisation is blurring the distinction between male and female facial features - though with Buriki's style the real distinction is just the eyes and the mouth.

Of the potential readership of LN, half is apparently also female. I suppose if the perception is Yozora looks tomboyish with short hair, it is can be a delibrate attempt to appeal to the other 50%? See how that look and the fantasy of boy Yozora/Kodaka pairing almost killed Rika....

Various things can be read into the haircut -
Attempt to reconnect the past?
A sign of resolve for change?
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 19:42   Link #371
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I will always take beautiful and hot over cute. And thats what she was before the change. Now she is only cute, if you find guy-looking girls cute that is.
Dude, you got things the other way around im pretty sure with buriki designs is that guys look like girls, things would be defferent if characters were by the stile of the manga of your signature.
Old 2011-10-25, 22:19   Link #372
larethian

Quote:
well yeah but last month didnt had an update, while it had a chapter every 2 weeks or so, and i dont wanna bitch about this, i was just wondering if anyone knew anything, afterall i used to do some translations (english-spanish) and even if no that hard(japanese-english), i know how time consuming translating can be.

You could have easily looked at Vexed's blog, which is linked from his user page. Sometimes, he has other stuff he's busy with. He also translates manga. Moreover, the next chapter is a little longer. And btw, it's just out.
It annoys me greatly when questions like these come up for series that has considerably regular updates (less than 2 months per update) and the asker didn't do his own research first. There are seriously better things to do than translating.
Old 2011-10-25, 22:33   Link #373
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

did i know he had a blong ? no, mostly i view baka tsuki from my cellphone, and usually i save the pages so i can view them on the go.
i just asked a question, the internet is a huge place to be researching every little thing,i didnt ask in a bad manner or anything, i migth admit that 1 chapter every 2 months its a decent pace, i was just wondering why it was taking a little more than the past updates.
Old 2011-10-26, 00:34   Link #374
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well, that's the point of her haircut. She wants kodaka to look at her like a boy in order to return to the past. She even mention once that she deliberately choose clothes that guy would use and said that it's a failure when she accidentaly wear a cute boyish girl clothing.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 03:45   Link #375
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Hey what do you know. We're talking about their pace and now Vexed Scans/Baka-Tsuki releases new chapter, Summer Festival

Exciting chapter as always. So the reason they want to go was because takoyaki? XD
I want to see Kobato's Megiddo Flame dance and Maria's special holy dance, lol. Another flag raised for Sena too :3
Btw, didn't the club already had PS3? Or was it Sena's?
Old 2011-10-26, 10:36   Link #376
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
did i know he had a blong ? no, mostly i view baka tsuki from my cellphone, and usually i save the pages so i can view them on the go.
i just asked a question, the internet is a huge place to be researching every little thing,i didnt ask in a bad manner or anything, i migth admit that 1 chapter every 2 months its a decent pace, i was just wondering why it was taking a little more than the past updates.
Translator do get less motivation when people keep asking when the next chapter is coming out as if it's their responsibilities to translate for the reader when they do it for free for their own enjoyment most of the time. Maybe that's why lare is a little...feisty, maybe it reminds him of some personal experience or something .

Translation will come out when it's done, and it's usually done when the translator is feeling up to it, which is why translator can translate faster for series that they like the most. Pushing yourself too much in translating may cause a burn-out in translating, and I already witnessed some great translator who feels that. Some translator such as Teh_Ping is a rare case though.

I'm not saying that you can't ask, mind you... just that pushing for fast translation might have the opposite effect in the long run, losing the translator from burn-out. Just wait for it, and it will come out without you realizing it ^_^
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 15:13   Link #377
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Translator do get less motivation when people keep asking when the next chapter is coming out as if it's their responsibilities to translate for the reader when they do it for free for their own enjoyment most of the time. Maybe that's why lare is a little...feisty, maybe it reminds him of some personal experience or something .

Translation will come out when it's done, and it's usually done when the translator is feeling up to it, which is why translator can translate faster for series that they like the most. Pushing yourself too much in translating may cause a burn-out in translating, and I already witnessed some great translator who feels that. Some translator such as Teh_Ping is a rare case though.

I'm not saying that you can't ask, mind you... just that pushing for fast translation might have the opposite effect in the long run, losing the translator from burn-out. Just wait for it, and it will come out without you realizing it ^_^
i totally agree with you, i just wanted to know if something happened,i know that when a translator is that he has other things he has/wants to do, i just was asking if someone knew if it was on hiatus/dropped/on.

on the other hand i loved the last chapter, and watching the anime even if im enjoying so far more reading the novel, it manages to put more context in some scenes that couldnt be seen on the LN, and now with the last chapter i can see clearly how sena and yozora are already friends.
Old 2011-10-27, 06:15   Link #378
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
i totally agree with you, i just wanted to know if something happened,i know that when a translator is that he has other things he has/wants to do, i just was asking if someone knew if it was on hiatus/dropped/on.

on the other hand i loved the last chapter, and watching the anime even if im enjoying so far more reading the novel, it manages to put more context in some scenes that couldnt be seen on the LN, and now with the last chapter i can see clearly how sena and yozora are already friends.
Projects don't go on hiatus, they're just waiting to respawn...

Anyway, BwTgS' going about rather smoothly as compared to other series. (looking at you, Shana.)
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 07:02   Link #379
larethian

@zeniselv
The reason why I said that is because, this series has very regular updates compared to other series. Which means in relative terms, it's a damn fast moving project! An update getting delayed by a couple of weeks shouldn't get such questions. It's like asking a speeding train to hurry up. Ok, bad analogy. But, for a few weeks of delay, these are the possible reasons:
- translator getting shit load of stuff in RL suddenly
- translator going for a 2 week vacation
- chapter was longer than previous chapter
- translator is sick
- or something like that.

I'll not get pissed if this comes for like 2 months or more without an update. And also, I'm annoyed by the fact that people don't take the time to check appropriate places first, like forums, or talk pages, etc. Responsible people don't just disappear. They will make an announcement or something. You know, if you make pains to post in a few places "hey I got this crap on me that I need to take care of, so the update will be delayed", and the next thing you know, a question pops up in some forum, "hey, when is this shit coming out? no news so far huh? seems like xxxx won't be completing this shit by this time." Well, I can't cover all forums, so argh, you get the point, don't you? and when a series gets so regularly updated, for all we know, he might already be using all his available free time in translating, imagine if he saw that question when the delay was like what, 2 weeks? If I were Vexed, I'll stop working on the series for a while.

yes I know you just want to know from the people who are more aware of the status, but give a longer period of time, or check the places where you can check, because such questions within such a short span of delay can really drive a translator, if when he's already using most of his free time to work on the series for you readers' sake, raving mad.
Old 2011-10-27, 12:46   Link #380
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

oka, i was to lazy to just ask without looking around, ill have it present next time, actually in other forums about translations im following people start pushing if the translation is taking more than a few days, and usually they just get a straigth answer even if the reason was just a couple pages back, but lets drop it here i learnt my lesson and wont ask anything again about the translation.

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen