AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-12, 19:30   Link #401
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

But hemisphere みんな大好き子づくりばんちょう would make a perfect anime ( ゚∀゚)アハハハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \/ \. Fig looks ok, face looks off.

Cause Haishera can be really deredere. And Hemi is weak against deredere.
Old 2013-05-12, 22:42   Link #402
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Celica and Louie, I like them both equally. Does...does that make me a bad person? :'(

Yes. YES. YESSSSS. KISHOGUN EKRIA IS ALWAYS BEST EKRIA. I really hated how they brought down Ekria in VERITA. And Tiffana is always good. ALWAYS. But no Petrene on your list?
Old 2013-05-12, 22:44   Link #403
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

You guys are making me really want to play the older eushully games, but I youtubed some gameplay and wasn't too impressed =/.

//

Harem route in kokakou has been rather wtf for me... Weiss is pretty evil for showing the king of ranaheim his sister taking it in the ass... (ofc they immediately declared war on me).
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 22:52   Link #404
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

They didn't age too well, tbh. Genrin 2 plays out like a standard Fire Emblem rpg, Meishoku no Reiki can be initially overwhelming, and Tayu Uta slightly confusing, especially when you end up wasting too much time and the days just pass by without much progress.

But Petrene's final promotion in Genrin 2...mmmmmmm...
Old 2013-05-12, 23:06   Link #405
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I guess another reason that is pushing me away would be the less refined art in those games.

Himegari looks fine, but doesnt seem to contribute as much to world building. I checked out Verita maybe borderline, but I feel discouraged if I just jump into the 4th game...

If there is a book or something I guess I would read it, but for now I guess I can bug you guys with my questions.
Old 2013-05-12, 23:13   Link #406
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Celica and Louie, I like them both equally. Does...does that make me a bad person? :'(

Yes. YES. YESSSSS. KISHOGUN EKRIA IS ALWAYS BEST EKRIA. I really hated how they brought down Ekria in VERITA. And Tiffana is always good. ALWAYS. But no Petrene on your list?
Well, I didn't use Petrene much.
She is kind of a mage/healer hybrid, and there are better mage and better healer out there.

I agree about VERITA. I really hate Ekria in the beginning of that game.
And the art, it's too different compared to the previous games.
Everyone looks moe now. Everyone. Not only the girls. Even Louie

@Flying Dagger: I actually prefer the old art than the moe-fied art now.
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 23:16   Link #407
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Drkz: I love when Haishera goes dere, but her dere is the type of dere that isn't pandering dere, but like a friend who you know so well, and who knows you so well, chastising you and making fun of you at the same time. I just love that kind of connection.

Idk, I rather liked Petrene's late-game AOE nuke. She got outshone in the healing department later on, but I still found her useful...

And I loved the append for Genrin 2. LOVED IT. Ekria as a unit, fighting off Celica? Awesome. Being able to use Ekria as a unit afterwards? UTTERLY BROKEN.

One other character I liked? Rionne. Never mind that you get her oh so late in the game, but I rather liked using her thanks to her whipsword and flame magic.

OH GOD RIONNE, WHY DID YOUR CAMEO IN VERITA SUCK SOOOOOOOOO BAD
Old 2013-05-13, 00:16   Link #408
Drkz

Cause you know... Cameos. Older games might not have the best gameplay mechanic, but it has a better story.

Need more Lily. The many forms of Lily.
Old 2013-05-13, 00:53   Link #409
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

We already got loli, teenage, and matured... what more do you want... obaa lily? -__-
Old 2013-05-13, 01:02   Link #410
Key Board
Carbon

Honestly, a lot of Genrin 2 characters were just ignored in Verita

I was personally surprised when they informed you in one chapter that Eukria's remaining sister died of illness offscreen (possibly of stress)

I think we need a game that takes place within the transition period from Menfil going from a Kingdom to an Empire

We didn't even get a portrait for Silvan (Louie's heir and 2nd Emperor of Menfil)
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 01:17   Link #411
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

We didn't get A LOT. Holy Astrea, VERITA just stank on so many levels. Every other heroine basically just got ignored, we didn't even get to hear anything with them dying off, how Menfil progresses, etc. GOD.

Not only did it fail to live up to the hype (Genrin + Ikusa Megami OMG!), but it trampled all over several of the characters' pre-existing backgrounds and motives, floundered around way too badly, glossed over several important details, and just bleh. I ran out of steam near the end of this rant.

The most unforgivable was when they turned Ekria into this Celica-obsessed schoolgirl with barely any emotional maturity. Oh maaaaaaaaaaan. Just NO.
Old 2013-05-13, 01:36   Link #412
Key Board
Carbon

Ekria's in that phase of her life where she just wants to take it easy and forget that she murdered her sister along with countless other people

I'd say give her a few more decades to get over that..
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-05-13, 02:08   Link #413
Drkz

Clone lily flying clone lilies. I need that army of lilies muahahaha.
Old 2013-05-13, 03:22   Link #414
Key Board
Carbon

if only you could err.. mass produce Lily like Zeobit
Old 2013-05-13, 04:01   Link #415
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Zeobit. Oh man, thanks for reminding me of Ignaat's daughter's name!
Old 2013-05-13, 14:19   Link #416
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

urg... I am too unprepared for the harem route... wtf @ Weiss after conquering ranaheim... getting Kriss to take his sister while she is blindfolded...

//

Not sure why I am not getting the monster fusion quests in harem route: I was going to fuse a few monsters to use as part of my army: such a waste to have the fusion system in place but never really used for combat.
Old 2013-05-13, 14:41   Link #417
Key Board
Carbon

IIRC, you need to make a monster cage first
Old 2013-05-13, 14:56   Link #418
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I got 8 of them, maybe building more than 1 at a time fucks things up...

//
Deconstructing them and rebuilding a single one doesn't seem to unlock the quests sigh...
Old 2013-05-14, 02:18   Link #419
Drkz

Did you inherit the monsters? Cause if you do the quests don't pop-up. You just get a huge gold boost.
Old 2013-05-14, 03:46   Link #420
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Nope. I suspect either you don't get the quests in harem route or I bugged it out somehow.

It is really annoying because I wanted to use fusioned monsters as part of my army in harem route due to not having as many characters joining. So I would have to complete fuses from basic monsters instead of be able to use "short cuts".

Some of the fusioned monsters are such a tease: for example the line of monsters with the Earth type stonebullet spells do not come with spell/archer formation... they are all melee units (and the problem is obvious: the things you use the units on also does bonus damage against you...). So against electric types I got to fall back to the woodspirits with their wooden bow attack (but does physical damage).

There are also a lot of hidden numbers within the spells. Ie: I think the continuous-waterbullet innately fires faster than the regular waterbullet, but then there is also this ice-sword spell which I don't know how to compare against the bullet spells without testing them out.

Did I ever mention spirits are OPed?

//

I really hate the trade-goods crafting (ie: spices and tea) system in Kokakou: usually you gather 3/4 parts in early areas and there is this one key ingredient acting as a choke or even is not accessible until you conquered half of the map. This makes farming/herding inefficient early game but insane profitable late game.

Tags
eukleia, eushully, kamidori, kokakou, srpg