AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-30, 01:09   Link #261
monir
cho~ kakkoii

While posting links are fine, for any FAQ thread to be reader friendly, the post still should show all the text behind a terminology like in those links. Right now all I see in the above are links. If I can suggest a simple format, this is how I've organized some of the important faq thread we have in the Feedback section in one post.

These sort of thread can help out any viewers and not just viewers who have already watched all the Nanoha series.

As for linking to the manga translation, if the manga isn't licensed then there shouldn't be any problem providing the site in question doesn't share any licensed material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideki101 View Post
Um, does anyone else think a character discussion thread to be a good idea? I mean recently in the manga thread, we went into a discussion about Fate, and I kinda felt that it went off the topic of the thread, but I couldn't see any other thread where we could have directed the discussion.
While I don't see why we can't have character threads for the major roles in the series, I also have to admit I didn't quite get why individual thread might be needed as suggested by MeisterBabylon.
Old 2009-12-02, 03:11   Link #262
monir
cho~ kakkoii

FAQ thread created.

As for those character discussion threads, you guys will have to tell me who are the main deserving characters that would attract the discussion, and if there is a need for individual threads based on season.
Old 2009-12-11, 13:35   Link #263
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

I kinda want to revive that request for a dedicated Sound Stages thread.

We have a person that has been diligently translating them and posting them on the site, but it often gets lost into the rest of the thread as it's posted in the Music Thread. Then we get people constantly asking for links or requesting for translations when they already exist. If anything, this is just for ease of use's sake.

Although Nagumo was told to post them in the Fan Creations thread, the Sound Stages are really not fan creations. They are canonical, official material released by the Japanese publishers and voiced by the original cast. This is nothing "fan creation" about it beyond the translation.

So yeah. Move the thread to here, and it should be okay.
Old 2009-12-11, 13:48   Link #264
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
If you need a second opinion, I agree with Tempest on it. It's canon for Nanoha, it should be in the Nanoha section.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2009-12-11, 14:20   Link #265
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I've moved the Nanoha Sound Stage Translations thread into the Nanoha forum.
Old 2009-12-20, 04:52   Link #266
Dr. Casey

Great work, x!
Old 2010-01-09, 07:43   Link #267
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Anyway, if anyone wants to have a stab at the opening post of the Movie thread then feel free to post in the Nanoha - Requests for new threads sticky or just send me a PM / VM.
Stab taken:

Mahou Shojo Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st [spoilers]

This thread is intended to discuss anything related to the Mahou Shojo Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st (due to be released on January 23rd), be it the movie itself, it's manga or it's cast.

As per forum rules, this is a discussion thread, thus posting links to the RAW of the movie is prohibited. Any posts not related to the movie should, naturally, be taken to their appropriate threads.

WARNING: Once the movie is released, there is a high possibility that spoilers will make their way into this thread due to members discussing the movie. Should you at that time wish to avoid spoilers, it is advisable to use the Mahou Shojo Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st, Expectations and Speculation instead.

Noteworthy links:

Official site

Animenewsnetwork on the movie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was not sure whether to specifically note relationship debates to be taken to the relationship thread. On one hand, it seems rather redundant, but on the other there is little doubt in my head that such debates will make their way once the movie is released. I will leave that up to the moderation team to decide.

Last edited by Keroko; 2010-01-09 at 08:45.
Old 2010-01-09, 10:43   Link #268
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Mahou Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st thread now open.
Old 2010-01-27, 00:24   Link #269
Laevatein

Can we have a thread for the PSP game?
Old 2010-01-27, 00:34   Link #270
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
Can we have a thread for the PSP game?
Please write an opening post and submit it here, and a thread will be created.
Old 2010-01-27, 10:53   Link #271
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Please write an opening post and submit it here, and a thread will be created.
Nanoha A's Portable -The Battle of Aces-

This thread is intended to discuss anything related to the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's -The Battle of Aces- PSP game that was released January 21, 2010, be it the game play itself or the alternate universe where it takes place.

Since this is a discussion thread, linking to PSP emulators and ripped versions of the game is prohibited as well as asking about how to hack your PSP. Anything relating on how to get the game or the contents of the Lyrical Box edition of the game should be asked in the merchandise thread.

Official site

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?

Last edited by Bananoha; 2010-01-27 at 11:21.
Old 2010-01-27, 23:27   Link #272
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Thread created.
Old 2010-03-09, 08:21   Link #273
Ottocycle

Formally requesting a Nanoha franchise Voice Actor thread.

Which hopefully wouldn't be split into the factions of Nana For Life and Anybody But Nana.
Old 2010-03-09, 10:00   Link #274
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post

Which hopefully wouldn't be split into the factions of Nana For Life and Anybody But Nana.
Yeah, we're going to have to put a little spin on the regular opening post for these things.... ogm, this would be a better place to post those horrible mock summaries of the radio show. w

Nanoha franchise Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of the Nanoha series. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• Voice Actors are human.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.

Please remember if you wish to discuss the opening, insert or ending songs, look at the Nanoha Music Discussions thread instead. This thread is meant to focus on the voice actors' ability to act and not their ability to sing. Try to keep discussions about events like concerts to a minimum.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?

Last edited by Bananoha; 2010-03-09 at 10:12. Reason: Maybe I should be a little clearer....
Old 2010-03-09, 12:47   Link #275
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Begun, the Seiyuu War has.
Old 2010-03-09, 16:50   Link #276
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post

Thread created.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Yeah
Thanks.

Nanoha franchise Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion
Old 2010-05-04, 15:06   Link #277
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Probably this has been asked before and shot down, but i'll ask it again since I think it's a necessity.

Could we create a different manga thread for each Nanoha currently ongoing serialization? (e.g. Vivid, Force, Movie) With 3 ongoing series the manga thread is slowly becoming a mess. It's not like its unmanageable, but it becomes quite a chore trying to follow this when there are 3 or 4 ongoing conversations about each different series.
Old 2010-05-04, 15:10   Link #278
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Vivid already has a thread for itself, but it fell into disuse since all debate moved back to the general manga thread anyway.
Old 2010-05-04, 16:58   Link #279
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

One solution would be to create the other 2 threads and to temporary close the manga thread for a few days (say, 4 or 5). That way you force everyone to use the new threads till the regulars get used to the new threads. I think discussion about the older Striker's and A's serialization could way that much.
Old 2010-05-04, 17:00   Link #280
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I don't see the point of having different manga threads, though. I personally would find it very confusing to keep track of everything. I find it much easier to just keep the discussions for all manga in the general thread. It's worked very well so far.