AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-26, 22:39   Link #2541
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
No, what I'm thinking of is if there's some other sub-branches in the science world as well (should have made this clear, I guess), since though AC is the leader of the science world, it doesn't mean that it's the only city that's devoted to science. I remembered seeing it before somewhere. Of course, I guessed that Aleister would farm in as many 'gems' that he can find as fast as he can in case someone breaks the treaty (well, too late at least).

To be honest, 2.3 million (population of AC) vs 2 billion (And that's the RCC only.) isn't really favorable for the science side if you ask me. Of course, not everyone's going to be fighting, and there's still the case of quality, but still, when you're seeing how the magic side is seemingly overpowered, with all the Saints out there, you got to wonder if AC is thinking of ways to counter them. Maybe they'll start spamming the AIMs? We know what happened the last time...
As far as we know, Academy City is the only city that develops espers (at least in Japan or the Easter Hemisphere). During the Daihasei, none of the parents and specators from outside the city have ever seen power users before.

The only possible espers residing outside of Academy City live in research facilities connected to Acedemy City: the same research facilities outsider of Academy City that the Misaka Sisters went to for adjustments.

The only way more espers could be brought in without retconning the canon is to bring a nation outside of Europe and Asia into the conflict: say, America.
Old 2010-03-26, 23:45   Link #2542
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The only way more espers could be brought in without retconning the canon is to bring a nation outside of Europe and Asia into the conflict: say, America.
I detect major clichés that will occur should that happen.
Old 2010-03-27, 00:22   Link #2543
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

By the way, I've remembered a specific city outside of Academy City which is involved with the story in Index. Liberal Arts City. What is this and is this the counterpart of Academy City?

Double checked in the dramatis personae below.
Spoiler for image:

Seems Liberal Arts City is enemies with the Aztec Organization.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2010-03-27 at 00:34.
Old 2010-03-27, 00:28   Link #2544
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Didn't Mikoto deal with some magicians causing trouble there?
Old 2010-03-27, 00:36   Link #2545
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
By the way, I've remembered a specific city outside of Academy City which is involved with the story in Index. Liberal Arts City. What is this and is this the counterpart of Academy City?

Spoiler for image:

question is, just what does the Liberal Arts City do?
Old 2010-03-27, 00:39   Link #2546
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I dunno. I presume even at the current progress of the light novels translations, we wouldn't know. What's certain is that it looks like it's situated in North America.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-03-27, 01:18   Link #2547
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

Spoiler for image:

What the heck is the Stargate Project?
Old 2010-03-27, 01:22   Link #2548
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The first thing that appeared on my mind when I saw this was this.

Old 2010-03-27, 01:40   Link #2549
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:

Spoiler for image:

It's the location for the Railgun novels that came with the Index DVDs. It's where Mikoto, Kuroko, Uiharu and Saten went to during their fieldtrip-like trip. It's an artificial island in America.

There, Mikoto & co. ran right into the middle of the conflict between America and the Aztec magicians.
Old 2010-03-27, 01:52   Link #2550
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh, so it's really not to be found in Index, lol. >.<

Old 2010-03-27, 02:39   Link #2551
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

What? No Colonel Jack O'Neil?
Old 2010-03-27, 03:00   Link #2552
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
What? No Colonel Jack O'Neil?
America has artificial island city with something called the Stargate Project...
Old 2010-03-27, 03:02   Link #2553
Shadow5YA

America shouldn't be that far of a stretch. The Aztecs are located in present-day Mexico. They could make the Southern part of North America the magic side, while the coastal and northern US could specialize in science.
Old 2010-03-27, 05:08   Link #2554
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
To be honest, 2.3 million (population of AC) vs 2 billion (And that's the RCC only.) isn't really favorable for the science side if you ask me. Of course, not everyone's going to be fighting, and there's still the case of quality, but still, when you're seeing how the magic side is seemingly overpowered, with all the Saints out there, you got to wonder if AC is thinking of ways to counter them. Maybe they'll start spamming the AIMs? We know what happened the last time...
The recent volumes show Academy City having the upper hand in the war, their technological superiority alone is enough to push back the Russians/magicians. They don't have to fight everyone from the Magic side, just the Rome Catholics, and because of Touma, they're running out of trump cards to use.

Quote:
America shouldn't be that far of a stretch. The Aztecs are located in present-day Mexico. They could make the Southern part of North America the magic side, while the coastal and northern US could specialize in science.
Or, the whole of America is Science base, with just pockets of Magicians' group here and there.
Old 2010-03-27, 06:43   Link #2555
tsunade666

The magic side pose threat if they are united. But the way fianmma did. He attacked Vatican and the pope. Loosing some supporters or rather the believers.

With loosing its supporters the only threat remain is the Roman Catholic and they don't threaten Aleister if they are alone.
Old 2010-03-27, 11:02   Link #2556
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Oh, so it's really not to be found in Index, lol. >.<
Well, that incident was mentioned in Index, and it influenced Etzali's development. So in a way, it's still related to Index.
Old 2010-03-27, 13:42   Link #2557
paptimus
dark nexon

hey guys can someone tell me what and who aiwass is ? beside being aleisters guardian , what is he???
Old 2010-03-27, 21:15   Link #2558
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by paptimus View Post
hey guys can someone tell me what and who aiwass is ? beside being aleisters guardian , what is he???
He mentioned that he is an Angel, but not like the traditional Christian Angel. He also requires a huge amount of AIM field to manifest in this world. He describes Accelerator's power as similiar to Osiris, suggesting he has some connection to the ancient Egyptian gods.

Knowing the Author, whatever you're looking for, chances are you can find out from reading about the actual real life Aleister Crowley and the actual Aiwass. Crowley went to great pains to argue that Aiwass was an objectively separate being from himself, possessing far more knowledge than he or any other human could possibly have.

Aleister writes: "In his absolute innocence and ignorance he is The Fool; he is the Saviour, being the Son who shall trample on the crocodiles and tigers, and avenge his father Osiris. Thus we see him as the Great Fool of Celtic legend, the Pure Fool of Act I of Parsifal, and, generally speaking, the insane person whose words have always been taken for oracles."

Spoiler for Confessions, ch.49:

Spoiler for Equinox of the Gods:
Old 2010-03-28, 02:20   Link #2559
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The recent volumes show Academy City having the upper hand in the war, their technological superiority alone is enough to push back the Russians/magicians. They don't have to fight everyone from the Magic side, just the Rome Catholics, and because of Touma, they're running out of trump cards to use.
To be precise. Fianma of the Right didn't really give a danm about Russia. Russia is just a front that Fianma used to hide his own project. And the entire WW3 is a part of Crwoley's calculation, the invasion to Russia is all "JUST AS PLANNED". But at the same time, Crowley has no intent of defeating Russia, instead planning for some other schemes within Russian land.

The real problem is Fianma. He is a one man army right now. Due to the chaos he caused in the Catholic Church, and how he treats Russia as throw away pawns, there is really no other people on his side (excluding the pawns he controls that is). But Fianma is a ridiculously powerful one man army and has the ability to turn the tide of thsi war just by himself. On top of Holy Right, he now also has Misha. And of the 3 ingredients he need to complete Holy Right, he already has 2, so he is incredibelly powerful now. Thus, even assuming FUSE=Kazakiri is good enough to take on Misha, there is still no way of beating Fianma yet. Really, when he has only 1 ingredient, he already trashed Touma/Lesse/Elizarina/Vent without breaking a sweat. Just think how much stronger he'll get now he has 2 ingredients at hand.
Old 2010-03-28, 02:56   Link #2560
tsunade666

and who's the last ingredient? Touma?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen